Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules 
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Another meet another meet!, Cos we're all so friendly
Faerieryn
post Jul 5 2005, 09:05 PM
Post #1

Faeries don't bite we just nibble a bit!

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 535

OK dudes we have had suggestions for another meet at some point over the summer holidays. Ideas that have bee thrown into the pot so far are:

London meet with possible picnic during the day as well as drinking in the late evening. Super soakers and frisbees may be required

Coastal meet/ camping meet. This was because of the amount of fun we had and the ease of getting in at stupid oclock and sleeping in a tent at the notts meet. This one may require actual organisation and may be a bit costly depending on where we go and how many tents we can fit onto one pitch (some owners will let two 2 berth tents on one pitch others may not)

Manchester meet: This one I've just seen suggested by Tara. Personally I'm not too enamoured of this mainly because the both Notts and Glasgow will have hosted and my bank balance can't really get me that far... but this is my personal thingy.

As far as dates are concerned I think mid to late August would be good cos people will have had time to rebuild cash flow after Jaq meet ( and I can't come if it's over 13th- self absorbed aren't I!)

I'm not good at organising things so once plans are made I intend to hand over a torch to anyone who can do a better job than me (where are those flying kittens when you need them!)

--------------------
If life hands you a lemon make lemonade, lace it with cyanide and then pass it around. What can I say I'm a revenge type of gal!!! Ryn
Wearing a large shiny tag around neck "Uncullable Faerie"
Official S P A N G L E R and self proclaimed protector of Tribe Wyvern- OOh Sparkly!!
Proud leader of the Super Spangler Squad. Me and Stardust wil spangle your a$$!!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Snugglebum the D...
post Jul 5 2005, 09:19 PM
Post #2

F*cking with the best since 1996

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 962

London is pretty good for a cheapish night out for people - August sometime would suit me.

Alternatively - seeing as we haven't had a Southern meet in a long while I can offer accomadation if anyone fancies a trawl through Bath for a weekend? I keep missing the bigger meets so a Southern meet works exceptionally well for me. biggrin.gif

--------------------
Art should be an expression of what humanity is capable of imagining - not limited to representing that which surrounds us - Demetrios Vakras
funked)out_frog is my special Harem slave
Harem count: Markslut, xkitsurabamix, Black - Wings, Candice, Moop, Daedalus, The Lorax, Franken - Sarah, Artemisia, Cath, Wyvern, Saucy Tara, PsychWardMike, JimiJimi, Fallen Element, Smiler, Korbin Dallas, laenan kite, Valerie, Faerieryn, trunk_girl26, Sir Psycho Sexy, Steam Roxxor, pgrmdave, monkey_called_narth

+Quote Post
markslut
post Jul 5 2005, 09:20 PM
Post #3

Probably sees visions

Member No.: 909

bath or bristol would be very good smile.gif

--------------------
The combined Nurse and Geisha of ISH!
IPB Image
Your Corset is Your Armour - Lace it Tightly - Breathing is Unimportant

+Quote Post
Snugglebum the D...
post Jul 5 2005, 09:26 PM
Post #4

F*cking with the best since 1996

Member No.: 962

I'm fifteen minutes by train from Bath and thirty from Bristol - so yeah, definately an option. *noddles*

The only downside to where I am is that to get anywhere decent you DO have to get on a train. I'm not sure I'd encourage anyone to spend quality time in Chippenham.

--------------------
Art should be an expression of what humanity is capable of imagining - not limited to representing that which surrounds us - Demetrios Vakras
funked)out_frog is my special Harem slave
Harem count: Markslut, xkitsurabamix, Black - Wings, Candice, Moop, Daedalus, The Lorax, Franken - Sarah, Artemisia, Cath, Wyvern, Saucy Tara, PsychWardMike, JimiJimi, Fallen Element, Smiler, Korbin Dallas, laenan kite, Valerie, Faerieryn, trunk_girl26, Sir Psycho Sexy, Steam Roxxor, pgrmdave, monkey_called_narth

+Quote Post
CommieBastard
post Jul 5 2005, 09:35 PM
Post #5

Remorseless posting machine

Member No.: 466

A meet in London has a 100% chance of CB attendance (unless, of course, it happens when I'm in Denmark [20th-23rd August] or at Reading Festival). This chance decreases the further away you get from London. I'm perpetually short on funds, and a return train ticket and a place to sleep for the night usually pushes the amount I get in a month. So I guess I'm voting London.

--------------------
Every sort of expert knowledge and every inquiry, and similarly every action and undertaking, seems to seek some good. Because of that, people are right to affirm that the good is 'that which all things seek'...

+Quote Post
Greeneyes
post Jul 5 2005, 10:13 PM
Post #6

The Key of Joy is disobedience.

Member No.: 1,102

London is not a problem for me. Reasonably short and easy trip. Also requires minimal planning. So, erm, yes.

--------------------
Waiting for a superhero intervention

+Quote Post
Calantyr
post Jul 6 2005, 06:28 AM
Post #7

Perfection Personified

Member No.: 1,548

I vote London, simply because I'm lazy and only have to spend 5.20 on a travel card.
*nods*

--------------------
"Too often Fate,
By all abhorred,
To savage poison,
Adds the sword"
- Boethius, The Concillations of Philosophy

+Quote Post
mooooooooooopo
post Jul 6 2005, 09:43 AM
Post #8

: P>

Member No.: 991

The first weekend of August would be good for a London meet for Cand and I. We wouldn't be able to make the second or fourth weekends.

I like the idea of a camping meet as well. Cand would go on a camping meet, although she kind of blinked at me when I said I liked the idea since she's currently camping for the next two months.

--------------------
I am Candice's asw emo e-husband, real life actual husband and all around awesome person, Funked)Out_Frogg's e-paramour. Snugglebum's harem slave. Candice and gothictheysay are my e-pimps.

+Quote Post
snooodlysnoosnoo...
post Jul 6 2005, 09:44 AM
Post #9

dream to make believe

Member No.: 863

I can't do London, it's too far to go for just a day and I really can't afford it sad.gif

--------------------
Last.fm
snoo is about as evil as a muffin

+Quote Post
Mata
post Jul 6 2005, 12:45 PM
Post #10

'Trouble Down Pit' now online!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

I can't really afford anything much at the moment, my spending money for the next couple of months has already been allocated to various things, not least of which is the meet in Glasgow at the end of this month.

I agree that it's good to get a mix of Northern and Southern locations in the mix, but it does seem that there is generally a majority of people in the south of the UK, meaning that the overall costs for attendees is higher for the up-country meets. This will mean a weighting of the meets towards the South, but is reflective of the forum population.

I'd suggest leaving it until mid-September personally. People seem to have varying committments during August (I've got some, and the first weekend of September is booked too). Mid-August is only two weeks after Glasgow too, don't forget.

London is the easiest by far for me, but Bristol could work well too.

All this said, there's no reason you should listen to me any more than anyone else, and if you want to plan a meet elsewhere or at other times then feel free, but I won't necessarily be able to come either due to other commitments or for lack of funds.

--------------------
Trouble Down Pit: Still updated every Monday and Friday
The Matazone Games blog
The Matazone Shop The Matazone Blog
The Matazone Corset Shop: Snobz corsets at 10% off their recommended price!

+Quote Post
CommieBastard
post Jul 6 2005, 01:01 PM
Post #11

QUOTE (Mata @ Jul 6 2005, 01:45 PM)
I'd suggest leaving it until mid-September personally.

That's good for me too. I'll not be going off to uni until the end of September.

--------------------
Every sort of expert knowledge and every inquiry, and similarly every action and undertaking, seems to seek some good. Because of that, people are right to affirm that the good is 'that which all things seek'...

+Quote Post
Faerieryn
post Jul 6 2005, 03:01 PM
Post #12

Faeries don't bite we just nibble a bit!

Member No.: 535

Mid September sounds good although any decent weather we could hope for would be long gone- so long picnic idea!

--------------------
If life hands you a lemon make lemonade, lace it with cyanide and then pass it around. What can I say I'm a revenge type of gal!!! Ryn
Wearing a large shiny tag around neck "Uncullable Faerie"
Official S P A N G L E R and self proclaimed protector of Tribe Wyvern- OOh Sparkly!!
Proud leader of the Super Spangler Squad. Me and Stardust wil spangle your a$$!!

+Quote Post
mooooooooooopo
post Jul 6 2005, 03:42 PM
Post #13

: P>

Member No.: 991

Mid-September more than likely wouldn't really work for me. It definitely wouldn't work for Cand, cause she'll be back in America by then. Up to everyone else, though.

The first weekend of September might be doable for the two of us. Cand leaves the Wednesday after that.

--------------------
I am Candice's asw emo e-husband, real life actual husband and all around awesome person, Funked)Out_Frogg's e-paramour. Snugglebum's harem slave. Candice and gothictheysay are my e-pimps.

+Quote Post
WeeJ
post Jul 6 2005, 08:03 PM
Post #14

Engrish Ranguage Student

Member No.: 338

I'm meeting Cand in Evesham on Sunday 10th July (this Sunday) with Moop and Snoo (I think) if anyone else wants to come and say hi smile.gif

--------------------
Go Go Gadget WeeJ!

+Quote Post
Mata
post Jul 6 2005, 10:04 PM
Post #15

I'm booked the first weekend in September, it's a friend's birthday, and if I miss another one (this would be the fourth in a row) she'd very likely kill me. Then put glitter on me. She's a bit scary.

However, you guys by all means sort out a date and I'll be along to whatever happens next time.

--------------------
The Matazone Games blog

+Quote Post
Calantyr
post Jul 7 2005, 06:00 PM
Post #16

Perfection Personified

You'd better all still be coming to London. Don't let the whole place blowing up keep you away!

--------------------
"Too often Fate,
By all abhorred,
To savage poison,
Adds the sword"

+Quote Post
CommieBastard
post Jul 8 2005, 08:00 AM
Post #17

QUOTE (Calantyr @ Jul 7 2005, 07:00 PM)
You'd better all still be coming to London. Don't let the whole place blowing up keep you away!

Honestly, this hardly ever happens unsure.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Usurper MrTeapot
post Jul 8 2005, 10:42 AM
Post #18

Samauri Teapain

Member No.: 844

Nothing happens before the 14th of August or over the bank holiday weekend (Reading Festival) in London anyway, so come sometime around that. It just so happens that I can make those dates.

--------------------
@>-'--,--Cath and gothictheysay are my E-Teapotettes.@>-'--,--
Jaq and believe are my adopted Tea Spoons (wherever they are :'( )
"I am just a worthless liar, I am just an imbecile, I will only complicate you, trust in me and fall aswell."
A proud Viking never stops masturbating.
Taking over Matazone Forums since 2011.

+Quote Post
Smiler
post Jul 8 2005, 10:56 AM
Post #19

Ooga Booga!! SMILE!

Member No.: 1,379

QUOTE (Calantyr @ Jul 7 2005, 07:00 PM)

Yeah we all need a bit of danger. Some people ride roller coasters, some come to London.
I'm up for most meets its just a matter of and time off work. I'm still working alternate weekends at the moment os that limits me cos its hard enough to even get time of sick let alone swap a weekend .
South is good and an easier travel from London. I'm gonna have to move into my own place soon so I can start offering floorspace wink.gif

--------------------
Presently defacto leader of the scuttler nation; conform, consume, o'smile for snaffie's sake --> A smile a day keeps th...Ah sod it...just SMILE!!!Some weird dragon lady gave me a cookie and said if I got in the van she'd adopt me. I ignored mummy and went with Wyvern & lookee here, I now have my own adoptee to cause chaos: Stardust_Smile...Official barman to Tribe Wyvern COME VISIT but beware the Monkey Overlords, they plan the demise of the hairless ones. Your house is at risk. Always read the label.

+Quote Post
smallcuteanddead...
post Jul 12 2005, 03:03 PM
Post #20

Gone insane, be back soon!

Group: New Members
Member No.: 1,279

I vote London.

I've not been to any meets so far, and am still a bit of an outsider on here (obviously not helped by me disappearing for ages blink.gif ), but I'm just outside London if anyone needs a place to crash for the night. If you can stand being woken up by a 3 year old girl and a free-ranging rabbit addicted to custard creams tongue.gif And I don't bite. Hard. Unless asked very very nicely. It'd be nice to finally be able to put faces to names.

--------------------
Gratefully adopted by Silver Star Angel of Da Towers(Good cake hon)
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO - What a Ride!"

+Quote Post
Mata
post Jul 12 2005, 05:28 PM
Post #21

Everyone is welcome to the meets, even people who've never posted!

--------------------
The Matazone Games blog

+Quote Post
smallcuteanddead...
post Jul 16 2005, 02:33 PM
Post #22

Gone insane, be back soon!

Group: New Members
Member No.: 1,279

You may well regret saying that

*grins evilly* tongue.gif

Double-checked with the other half, I can def. put people up if it's needed, and I have LOADS of space. If all else fails, my parents have a 4 bedroom tent (don't ask me what the point is) that I can nick to put in my garden. For reference, I'm in Aylesbury, just outside London. And yes, I saw all the dudey police men raiding that house. I keep sneaking the horses polos hehehe

--------------------
Gratefully adopted by Silver Star Angel of Da Towers(Good cake hon)
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO - What a Ride!"

+Quote Post
froggle-rock
post Jul 17 2005, 02:25 PM
Post #23

omno-ahhhhhhh!

Member No.: 1,174

May I suggest that we coincide the next London meet with Punk Rock Karaoke. I went last night, and it was a right enjoyable evening.. There is a live band, and you just sign up for a song to sing from the list. It cost 5 with a flyer (printable from that link). I just thought it would be a good bit of fun for us to get involved in at the next London meet.

What do you think?

--------------------
A society that takes itself too seriously risks bottling up its tensions and treating every example of irreverence as a threat to its existence. Humour is one of the great solvents of democracy. It permits the ambiguities and contradictions of public life to be articulated in non-violent forms. It promotes diversity. It enables a multitude of discontents to be expressed in a myriad of spontaneous ways. It is an elixir of constitutional health. J. Sachs in Laugh It Off Promotions CC v SAB International (Finance) BV t/a SabMark International (Freedom of Expression Institute as Amicus Curiae) 2006 (1) SA 144 (CC)

+Quote Post
Mata
post Jul 17 2005, 03:47 PM
Post #24

That sounds like fun but I can't make any of those dates.

PVCFairy and I have decided that we really should go out clubbing in London before our bones turn to dust. I think the third or fourth weekend of August was suggested as being good for both of us. I'd probably have a preference for 27th August. How does that sound?

--------------------
The Matazone Games blog

+Quote Post
Calantyr
post Jul 18 2005, 12:08 AM
Post #25

Perfection Personified

Come on the 18th and you can buy me birthday pressies.

*Nods vigerously* cool.gif

--------------------
"Too often Fate,
By all abhorred,
To savage poison,
Adds the sword"

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th October 2017 - 10:12 PM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!