Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Satan, satanist
rwb
post Jul 10 2005, 01:23 PM
Post #1

Guppy Xtreme!

Group: New Members
Member No.: 1,884

i would like to talk to other satanist .i have been with the order for 26 yrs.i am new to iowa city hail p.o.d.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Greeneyes
post Jul 10 2005, 01:34 PM
Post #2

The Key of Joy is disobedience.

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 1,102

I can't say I consider myself a Satanist, nor am I affiliated with the church, but I have read about the subject, find it interesting, and would be happy to discuss it if there's something in particular you want to talk about.

--------------------
Waiting for a superhero intervention

+Quote Post
CommieBastard
post Jul 10 2005, 02:08 PM
Post #3

Remorseless posting machine

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 466

As far as I know, there has only ever been one Satanist on this board, and she no longer posts here. Sorry.

--------------------
Every sort of expert knowledge and every inquiry, and similarly every action and undertaking, seems to seek some good. Because of that, people are right to affirm that the good is 'that which all things seek'...

+Quote Post
tv with legs
post Jul 11 2005, 02:52 PM
Post #4

Has too much time on their hands

Member No.: 1,885

QUOTE (Greeneyes @ Jul 10 2005, 07:34 AM)
I can't say I consider myself a Satanist, nor am I affiliated with the church, but I have read about the subject, find it interesting, and would be happy to discuss it if there's something in particular you want to talk about.

i second that

--------------------
WHEN THERES NOTHING LEFT TO BURN YOU HAVE TO SET YOUR SELF ON FIRE
\"IPB
4%32&6^

+Quote Post
PsychWardMike
post Jul 12 2005, 09:45 PM
Post #5

I'm attracted by the potential for reckless abuse of power.

Member No.: 1,105

Satanism is little more than a goth-glorified bastard child of humanism and atheism, I've found. While I do agree with the Satanic sentiment that carnal pleasures should be more indulged than the Church of Christ tends to preach, it seems that most "Satanists" are little more than whiny kids saying "look hor different and non-conformist I am." Anyway, it seems to me also that in my limited amount of study of Satanism (and admittedly it is limited) that real Satanists do not believe in the real Satan and thereby most would scoff at your "hail p.o.d." tagline.

--------------------
I'm just a Viewtiful Girl living in a Viewtiful World.
Henshin a-go-go, baby.

I swear to God, the above post was not intended to incite flame wars or to offend you.

+Quote Post
Greeneyes
post Jul 12 2005, 10:06 PM
Post #6

I feel it is somewhat unfair that you would judge a religious standpoint from it's followers. While I also find people who attach themselves to a stereotype, wthout actually bothring to find out what the label on their forehead means infuriating, this is a problem with individuals, or even a group, not the religion in itself. Also, it may be worth clarifying your exact meaning when referring to 'Satan'. From a Christian viewpoint, Satan is a being, an angel, whereas from (LaVey's) Satanic viewpoint, Satan is a concept. However, the religion does contain rituals that expressly contain the words "Hail Satan" and similar sentiments.

--------------------

+Quote Post
PsychWardMike
post Jul 12 2005, 10:16 PM
Post #7

I'm attracted by the potential for reckless abuse of power.

Member No.: 1,105

Just as he may judge Christianity, I judge Satanism. It's rather inherent in the religion, really. Anyway... I fully respect (though sometimes completely loathe) the rights of others to believe what they will, but please remember that I said "in my experience" not "all Satanists are." I am a high school student. My experiences with "Satanists" are a bunch of whiny goth kids trying to be different by believeing in something that is not main stream and attention whoring. This is my experience nothing else.

--------------------
I'm just a Viewtiful Girl living in a Viewtiful World.
Henshin a-go-go, baby.

I swear to God, the above post was not intended to incite flame wars or to offend you.

+Quote Post
beleraphon
post Jul 15 2005, 06:11 AM
Post #8

Member No.: 1,001

Well, its now an accepted faith in the UK, like it or not.

All religions have pro's and cons, though as I understood it Satanism was more worship of oneself, 'you are your own god' sort of thing than worshiping the christian devil as a god.

*wanders off to Google for this*

--------------------
Grass is taking over the world. Have you noticed it’s everywhere?

+Quote Post
Greeneyes
post Jul 15 2005, 07:09 PM
Post #9

Yes, but are Mike points out, there are likely people who do worship Satan as a deity who take the same name.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Erin
post Jul 16 2005, 03:41 AM
Post #10

the one that is me

Member No.: 1,578

ill give my opinion. Satanists are well..kind of ..pathetic. Sorry, i just dont see it like some do. I'm an atheist. But i'm an atheist for a reason, becuz i look down on most christians (the ones that are brutally intense, and the ones who only do lip service), and i also look down on satanists, because they are overly dramatic, and they run around trying to look all scary and scaring innocent people. huh.gif

--------------------
--Owner Of Lilith The black and white kitten--
--Cheesemooses Lovely noob--
--Member of the Cult Of Brother Black Sheep--
--Official Beautiful Feathery Girl Over There Erin of Tribe Wyvern--
--damned and dastardly is my noob ^^--

+Quote Post
vicrawr
post Jul 16 2005, 05:05 AM
Post #11

Member No.: 374

QUOTE (Erin @ Jul 15 2005, 10:41 PM)
ill give my opinion. Satanists are well..kind of ..pathetic. Sorry, i just dont see it like some do. I'm an atheist. But i'm an atheist for a reason, becuz i look down on most christians (the ones that are brutally intense, and the ones who only do lip service), and i also look down on satanists, because they are overly dramatic, and they run around trying to look all scary and scaring innocent people.  huh.gif

So, you're an atheist because of people who follow a certain religion, not because you don't believe in God or Satan? That sounds kind of pathetic to me, y'know.

+Quote Post
mooooooooooopo
post Jul 16 2005, 09:46 AM
Post #12

: P>

Member No.: 991

Alas, it's the loud stupid people who get noticed and usually give whatever group they belong to a bad image. Most of the people in that group probably disagree completely with those particular people but they seem to be hard to get rid of.

There are also people who don't quite get the concept and just try to imitate the outside appearance, they tend to cause issues too and make people judgemental.

The same is true for both Satanism and Christianity.

These kind of people are most likely the cause of PsychWardMike and Erin's opinions. Thus "in my experience" rarely provides a good representation. Just because a subset of some group are stupid doesn't really reflect on the whole group.

--------------------
I am Candice's asw emo e-husband, real life actual husband and all around awesome person, Funked)Out_Frogg's e-paramour. Snugglebum's harem slave. Candice and gothictheysay are my e-pimps.

+Quote Post
beleraphon
post Jul 16 2005, 02:09 PM
Post #13

Member No.: 1,001

I know a satanist - and he's lovely, married with 4 kids, only 2 of whom are his. He's a devoted dad and loving husband.

I also know a Christian who is one of the people I can talk to when I'm having a really bad day, he's understanding, caring and always has time for me.

Then again

I know a Satanist who isn't a very nice person indeed - they sleep around, are as self-centered as a gyroscope and try to break up relationships for fun plus they proclaim they are a Satanist about 37 times a day. I try to avoid them.

Then there is the Christian who with his church stands in the town centre at weekends screaching how everyone should repent or burn in hell, he wants to be able to campaign against other religions such as Islam and was exceedingly insulting to some pagan friends of mine telling them that they would be taken by the devil and suffer for ever, that they were evil etc... I've done very well not to hit him so far, but its been close.

I guess it goes to show its the person, not the religion that is important.

--------------------
Grass is taking over the world. Have you noticed it’s everywhere?

+Quote Post
believe
post Jul 16 2005, 11:36 PM
Post #14

the token conservative

Member No.: 1,594

ill give my opinion. Satanists are well..kind of ..pathetic. Sorry, i just dont see it like some do. I'm an atheist. But i'm an atheist for a reason, becuz i look down on most christians (the ones that are brutally intense, and the ones who only do lip service), and i also look down on satanists, because they are overly dramatic, and they run around trying to look all scary and scaring innocent people.

I have a quote for this, that sums it up well. Guy to Pastor: I don't go to church because of all the hypocrites there. Pastor: Don't worry, we have room for one more. happy.gif

If you don't believe something because idiots are involved.. you can give up on all politicals, social, moral and other causes. Because idiots are involved, some of them will be stupid and thats the reasoning you just offered for not believing.

I guess it goes to show its the person, not the religion that is important.

Religions are important because of what they teach and because at some point, some of them (or all) can't be true and hence are a lie or deceptions. However, I completely agree that religion does not make a person be a good person on its own. If it did, we'd have much less evil in the world.

--------------------
Mr.Teapot is my e-daddy, Jaq is my e-sister and Vic is my e-husband! syuu is our e-daughter.

Pit Bulls & BSL Urban Legends Fight BSL

We must always fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil that we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men.
- The Boondock Saints

Ange is the devil on my shoulder.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th October 2017 - 04:24 PM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!