Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Help!
Raptor Red
post Jul 27 2005, 12:45 AM
Post #1

Has WAY too much time on their hands

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 1,118

Ok, I've been collecting music and videos on my computer for a while now and it's all been working fine. One day I open a video file and I get this little message that says "you cannot play the audio for this file. Would you like to check if there is an update? yes/no" so I hit yes and nothing happend. I assumed there was no update (this was a new file so I thought the audio may be a bit different) so then I tried to play a song that I've had, and that has worked for a long time. I get the same message. I've found out this much...somehow, I'm missing my ADI codec and soundmax. I have downloaded many different combinations of the two and downloaded them seperately and tried to install them. Every time it says "congragulations your files have been successfully installed" but apparently not, because I still can't play audio. Can anyone help?

--------------------
My deviantArt
My LiveJournal
My Gaia

With great geekiness comes great responsibility
===
And on the eighth day, god created fangirls...shortly thereafter, he said unto Adam..."my bad"
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ashbless
post Jul 27 2005, 04:15 AM
Post #2

I could have written a short novel by this point

Member No.: 1,112

Run the virus-check?

/techno-peasant

Hope things work out.

--------------------
IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion, It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shaking, the shaking becomes a warning, It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. - SpeakertotheLost

+Quote Post
DarkInferno
post Jul 28 2005, 11:57 AM
Post #3

Serpents hide behind your eyes

Member No.: 346

uninstall all your codecs and reinstall (preferably a codec pack.)

I should have one laying about somewhere if you can't find one.

--------------------

Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is mearly energy condensed through a slow vibration, we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, life is only a dream and we are the imaginations of ourselves. Here's Tom with the weather.
- Bill Hicks

+Quote Post
Raptor Red
post Jul 30 2005, 04:57 AM
Post #4

Has WAY too much time on their hands

Member No.: 1,118

I was hoping I could just install the missing one. I'm kinda nervous about uninstalling all of them because what if I can't install it again. My computer seems to be rejecting every file I try to install giving the lame excuse that it doesn't have the file. Like yesterday I was trying the codec again and it said "missing adi codec. cannot install codec"

--------------------
My deviantArt
My LiveJournal
My Gaia

With great geekiness comes great responsibility
===
And on the eighth day, god created fangirls...shortly thereafter, he said unto Adam..."my bad"

+Quote Post
mooooooooooopo
post Aug 2 2005, 01:55 PM
Post #5

: P>

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 991

Codec's have a habit of not working well together, some tend to break others, hence why codec packs are a good idea since they're distributed as a set which are known to get on well together.

In my experience uninstalling and reinstalling codec's gets pretty common in these situations since some things won't play because certain codecs cause problems with others.

You could of course get a program to re-encode them to something that's less troublesome to get working though that would be a lot more complicated.

--------------------
I am Candice's asw emo e-husband, real life actual husband and all around awesome person, Funked)Out_Frogg's e-paramour. Snugglebum's harem slave. Candice and gothictheysay are my e-pimps.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd October 2017 - 05:29 PM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!