Reply to this topicStart new topic
> UK peeps help me!, Trying to find american delicacy
kisah
post Jul 27 2005, 01:51 PM
Post #1

Obsessive

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 337

Anyone ever see a long round 'tube' of 'croissant' dough available in these parts of the world?

You sort of, unwrap the label around the tube and eventually it pops open and all the dough gushes out. It's quite good really.

Anyway, if so, please tell me any details you can (ie where, what brand, freezer, fridge, unrefridgerated, etc.) [EDIT by Jonman - and which supermarket I need to go to to buy it....]

lots of love.
kat

--------------------
_colors and witty words and sirens with bells and lights that make my posts look unique like everyone elses!_
Sorry, the Retro Grouch stole my inspiration...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cath Sparrow
post Jul 27 2005, 02:11 PM
Post #2

I've been brainwashed

Group: Admin
Member No.: 526

You use to be able to get Pilsbury ones in Tesco's wasn't a particuly long tube and this was a fair few years ago so really not sure if they still do them and the were either in the fridge or freezer section.

--------------------
How would you feel about life if Death was your older sister? You're only young once but you can stay immature indefinetly!!!!

+Quote Post
kisah
post Jul 27 2005, 02:17 PM
Post #3

Obsessive

QUOTE (Cath @ Jul 27 2005, 02:11 PM)
You use to be able to get Pilsbury ones in Tesco's wasn't a particuly long tube and this was a fair few years ago so really not sure if they still do them and the were either in the fridge or freezer section.

excellent, that is a very promising start.

SOMEBODY has actually heard of what I'm talking about. *fhew*

--------------------
_colors and witty words and sirens with bells and lights that make my posts look unique like everyone elses!_

+Quote Post
Hobbes
post Jul 27 2005, 06:46 PM
Post #4

Advice for the young at heart

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 33

Yes, you can get them. My local Tesco stocks them. The dough, when you unroll it (after peeling the outer cardboard off) is also scored (but not entirely separated) into triangles if you wish to use them as such.

I can't think who makes them. But my sister uses them a lot, so just a second whilst I call her...

*ring ring*

She tells me that 'Sara Lee' (if that is how you spell it... Sarah/Sara) make the particular one that she and I use. Our very local Tesco have discontinued stocking it (which they do with so many of the products we actually use), but a slightly less local Tesco have it instead - so you may find it at yours.

Hope that helps.

+Quote Post
CommieBastard
post Jul 27 2005, 07:18 PM
Post #5

Remorseless posting machine

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 466

I think they're at my local Tesco's too. Seems that's the general consensus...

--------------------
Every sort of expert knowledge and every inquiry, and similarly every action and undertaking, seems to seek some good. Because of that, people are right to affirm that the good is 'that which all things seek'...

+Quote Post
kisah
post Jul 27 2005, 07:39 PM
Post #6

Obsessive

You guys rock. Now we just need to find a Tescos.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tarantio
post Jul 27 2005, 07:52 PM
Post #7

NyanNyanNyan

Member No.: 191

Ta Da!

The only thing I can find that resembles this are: Sara Lee 6 ready to bake croissants @ 1.28

however, I cannot see delivery charge being worth a single purchase. That said, try this:

proing!

I reckon chocolate covered belgian waffles are nicer anyways...

oh, editatron: I think you have to be registered to check the store... if you go through that and, sensibly, don't want to get spam from them, you have to edit your account details after registering, the sneaky buggers.

--------------------
When, will I, will I be famous?

I CAN'T ANSWER THAT, I CAN'T ANSWER THAT.

-Tara and DACE sing is available from DACETRON ltd.

+Quote Post
kisah
post Jul 28 2005, 10:36 AM
Post #8

Obsessive

QUOTE (Tarantio @ Jul 27 2005, 07:52 PM)
Ta Da!

The only thing I can find that resembles this are: Sara Lee 6 ready to bake croissants @ 1.28

however, I cannot see delivery charge being worth a single purchase. That said, try this:

proing!

oh, editatron: I think you have to be registered to check the store... if you go through that and, sensibly, don't want to get spam from them, you have to edit your account details after registering, the sneaky buggers.

Ah ha. Cheers for the spam info. I did try checking the store locator but it only includes the closest five. Four of the closest ones are express (convenience stores) and one is extra (Non-food, furniture and crap).

They aren't listing the dough online. We'll querry friends to find a Tesco's nearby.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tarantio
post Jul 29 2005, 05:55 AM
Post #9

NyanNyanNyan

Member No.: 191

QUOTE (kisah @ Jul 28 2005, 10:36 AM)
QUOTE (Tarantio @ Jul 27 2005, 07:52 PM)
Ta Da!

proing!

Ah ha. Cheers for the spam info. I did try checking the store locator but it only includes the closest five. Four of the closest ones are express (convenience stores) and one is extra (Non-food, furniture and crap).

They aren't listing the dough online. We'll querry friends to find a Tesco's nearby.

Actually the extra carries everything. Its the only one you're likely to find the stuff in if you do find it at all; Extra is like a mega-hyper-uber-superstore. They're listed as carrying the hardware stuff because its the only type that does it, but they also carry the biggest and most comprehensive grocery sections of any of the tesco stores. *knows too much about tesco* I used to work in the largest tesco in scotland (in the most run down of towns in britain, oddly, my home) and we got weird requests to find stuff like this all the time. Three places to check: the home baking aisle, most stuff like this is here; the freezer aisle, for the bizarre reason that some ready-to-bake pastries are kept frozen; the dairy section, least likely to be here but I have found the weirdest things sitting beside the milk, including puff pastry, so there's a chance. Also, if one staff member doesn't know about it, ask another, but never ask managers. They don't know where anything is at all (I used to have to teach them XD)

--------------------
When, will I, will I be famous?

I CAN'T ANSWER THAT, I CAN'T ANSWER THAT.

-Tara and DACE sing is available from DACETRON ltd.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th October 2017 - 09:15 AM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!