Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules 
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Ghosts, do you believe!?!?
Tom
post Jul 31 2005, 01:20 PM
Post #1

Dont Worry, I Dont Know Where I Am Either!

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 1,800

Do you believe in ghosts, bangs in the night,powernormal stuff.I do but do you?
*scary violin music*

--------------------
Dont Try And Save Me Im Alrealdy Dead
Tis My Forum Please Join It Would Meen Loads
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
{Gothic Angel}
post Jul 31 2005, 02:05 PM
Post #2

My direction

Member No.: 495

Just in case you possibly missed it in the other hundred threads people have said this to you in:

Spamming is against the rules. A lot of us come on here because it is pretty much spam free and therefore a nice experience. Please just stop spamming! There's no need for it!

--------------------
Once opened consume within three days. Above post is not suitable for home freezing. Store in a cool, dry area.

+Quote Post
tv with legs
post Aug 6 2005, 03:56 AM
Post #3

Has too much time on their hands

Member No.: 1,885

how is he spammimg?
yes,i do believe

--------------------
WHEN THERES NOTHING LEFT TO BURN YOU HAVE TO SET YOUR SELF ON FIRE
\"IPB
4%32&6^

+Quote Post
eleraama
post Aug 6 2005, 04:01 AM
Post #4

There is glass between us...!

Member No.: 1,091

If you look at his other posts, they're almost identical. Anyway, let's make this a real topic. We can get past our shameful beginnings just like Hester Prynne's child. Sure, I believe. Why not? If I disbelieve everything I haven't experienced, then all of Europe is a myth. Everywhere but North America, actually (yes, it's sad, I haven't traveled internationally really). Besides, last year I had an Experience in a hotel with what I consider a spectral entity. Freaked me out. Not much fun, even in memory. (No, it was not corporeal. Just... present.)

EDIT: Wow, I totally just discovered the Profile Card button. Coolest thing ever! Well, after all those other cool things.

--------------------
"Hell is... other people." No Exit by Jean-Paul Sartre.

+Quote Post
Quoth(The Raven)
post Aug 6 2005, 04:20 AM
Post #5

Meow!

Member No.: 1,296

I've had several experiences with Presences, but have never actually seen anything that I would call a ghost... disappointing, that I've never experienced a classic haunting, only made oblique contact... I've slept in a room where something was breathing, when nothing was there (Sleep was hard to come by, that night...). I've seen a bathroom rug undulate like a Mantaray. I saw something inhuman run across a deserted stretch of road at night, once. A former owner of this house indicated his presence during recent renovations by the smell of Cherry Pipe tobacco. No one here smokes. Part of me would like, just once, for a ghost to appear before me, but a more rational part of me says, "Yeah, you nearly P*ssed your pants when you smelled the pipe tobacco... what're gonna do if a spook introduces itself to you?" laugh.gif

--------------------
Arthur, Gwen, and Quoth...Onwards to 4000 posts!Quoth is Cath's noob - what was she thinking?:)Duckflaps!Watch out for low flying kittens!'Dance, Monkey, Dance!' Well, this monkey don't dance no more!Never say 'die'... except as a command! I adopted Insaneperc!What kind of fool do you take me for? I don't know. How many kinds are there?

+Quote Post
voices_in_my_hea...
post Aug 6 2005, 04:40 AM
Post #6

If my woman were a fire...

Member No.: 1,473

Perhaps You'll meet Casper the Friendly Ghost? laugh.gif

I've had several strange things happen, but maybe that's just me being parnoid? I remeber Hiding under my sheets from the ghost when I was around 7, because my sister said that The ghost had told her that he was going to eat me. She was so nice. rolleyes.gif

--------------------
Her dignity shone so bright like a light on a hill
and she burned for me, no other man came near her flame.
Bad country songs - the deafening twang of the rich white kid blues.
You can own the strange, but the lights and glares will not make you real.

+Quote Post
JimiJimi
post Aug 6 2005, 10:34 AM
Post #7

I'm afraid I'm back.

Member No.: 1,308

Hmm, nothing really much has ever happened to me, except that random time when my keyboard started typing itself...

The computer was off at the plug, and all I could heard has 'tap... tap... tap...', and I know what my keyboard sounds like. I just shrugged it off as a sort of, 'Damn it ghost, mortals need sleep! You can go on Matazone in the morning!'

--------------------

+Quote Post
oscarhilton
post Aug 7 2005, 11:46 AM
Post #8

Don't do that.

Member No.: 1,683

My friends kitchen is haunted and I was almost positive that i heard someone come down his stairs and follow me into his kitchen. I thought it was my friend so i talked to thin air for about 10 mins and when i turned round no one was there...

--------------------
Oscar.

who was e-kighted by Jimijimi, Sir Oscar. ...

My Webpage

+Quote Post
Daria
post Aug 7 2005, 12:23 PM
Post #9

Wait for the uprising

Member No.: 1,735

I have seen, felt and heard things.
In one of the houses I used to live in (an old 1950's council house), there was something which used to sit in the corner of my room and watch me during the night. Nothing visual, just a very strong presence which I could determine the position of. When we moved house, it came with us, but instead used to be outside my window. It went away after a while.
In a different house (I have lived in 8 different houses of varying age), I was just going to sleep, and all my family were down stairs, when this really loud noise made my mum come upstairs to see what was going on. It sounded like a low note on a guitar being strummed really loudly through an amp, just once. My brother had an electric guitar and amp in his room next to mine, but neither of the two were plugged in or switched on.

--------------------
We are unraveling our navels so that we may ingest the sun.

DARIA IZ GOOD ON TOAST

TOAST IZ GOOD ON DARIA

+Quote Post
Mittens322
post Aug 7 2005, 09:05 PM
Post #10

Hoo-ha!

Member No.: 1,929

I rule the ghost world as I soon will rule this one! ph34r.gif

--------------------
Been to the funny farm lately? I have!
FF doesn't mean Final Fantasy.
!SLIPKNOT RULES! KoRn, too.
Go to hell.

+Quote Post
Quoth(The Raven)
post Aug 8 2005, 12:10 AM
Post #11

Meow!

QUOTE (JimiJimi @ Aug 6 2005, 05:34 AM)
Hmm, nothing really much has ever happened to me, except that random time when my keyboard started typing itself...

The computer was off at the plug, and all I could heard has 'tap... tap... tap...', and I know what my keyboard sounds like. I just shrugged it off as a sort of, 'Damn it ghost, mortals need sleep! You can go on Matazone in the morning!'

I intuit that you're joking, but, seriously, there was some controversy about a ghost who was communicating with the living, via the internet... don't know if it was ever definitively proven a hoax, though most accepted it as such....

--------------------
Arthur, Gwen, and Quoth...Onwards to 4000 posts!Quoth is Cath's noob - what was she thinking?:)Duckflaps!Watch out for low flying kittens!'Dance, Monkey, Dance!' Well, this monkey don't dance no more!Never say 'die'... except as a command! I adopted Insaneperc!What kind of fool do you take me for? I don't know. How many kinds are there?

+Quote Post
Quoth(The Raven)
post Aug 8 2005, 12:16 AM
Post #12

Meow!

QUOTE (Daria @ Aug 7 2005, 07:23 AM)
I have seen, felt and heard things.
In one of the houses I used to live in (an old 1950's council house), there was something which used to sit in the corner of my room and watch me during the night. Nothing visual, just a very strong presence which I could determine the position of. When we moved house, it came with us, but instead used to be outside my window. It went away after a while.
In a different house (I have lived in 8 different houses of varying age), I was just going to sleep, and all my family were down stairs, when this really loud noise made my mum come upstairs to see what was going on. It sounded like a low note on a guitar being strummed really loudly through an amp, just once. My brother had an electric guitar and amp in his room next to mine, but neither of the two were plugged in or switched on.

THose with sensitivity to the supernatural are often followed when they leave a haunted dwelling... but, unless they are SUPER-sensitive, the presence often gives up, after awhile, to pursue more powerful targets...

And, recently, I heard about five notes from a saxophone.... again, though, I'm enough of a skeptic to wonder whether it was legitamate activity, or an overactive imagination. The jury's still out...

--------------------

+Quote Post
Quoth(The Raven)
post Aug 8 2005, 12:22 AM
Post #13

Meow!

QUOTE (Mittens322 @ Aug 7 2005, 04:05 PM)
I rule the ghost world as I soon will rule this one! ph34r.gif

Don't you know that there are lesser spirits all over the place, just waiting for people to make statements like that? That's why, in the theatre, they never wish people good luck, but say, "Break a leg," instead. They don't want to give spiteful spirits any ideas...

--------------------

+Quote Post
Quoth(The Raven)
post Aug 8 2005, 12:24 AM
Post #14

Meow!

QUOTE (oscarhilton @ Aug 7 2005, 06:46 AM)
My friends kitchen is haunted and I was almost positive that i heard someone come down his stairs and follow me into his kitchen. I thought it was my friend so i talked to thin air for about 10 mins and when i turned round no one was there...

Classic poltergeist activity!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Quoth(The Raven)
post Aug 8 2005, 12:26 AM
Post #15

Meow!

QUOTE (voices_in_my_head @ Aug 5 2005, 11:40 PM)
Perhaps You'll meet Casper the Friendly Ghost? laugh.gif

I've had several strange things happen, but maybe that's just me being parnoid? I remeber Hiding under my sheets from the ghost when I was around 7, because my sister said that The ghost had told her that he was going to eat me. She was so nice. rolleyes.gif

Sounds like me... a little sensitivity, a lot of skeptescism...

--------------------

+Quote Post
oscarhilton
post Aug 8 2005, 01:32 PM
Post #16

Don't do that.

QUOTE (Quoth(The Raven) @ Aug 8 2005, 12:24 AM)
QUOTE (oscarhilton @ Aug 7 2005, 06:46 AM)

aaaagghhh!

its happened more than once aswell... sad.gif

--------------------
Oscar.

My Webpage

+Quote Post
Greeneyes
post Aug 8 2005, 03:35 PM
Post #17

The Key of Joy is disobedience.

Member No.: 1,102

Don't poltergeists move things?

--------------------
Waiting for a superhero intervention

+Quote Post
oscarhilton
post Aug 9 2005, 08:50 AM
Post #18

Don't do that.

QUOTE (Greeneyes @ Aug 8 2005, 03:35 PM)

like turn on and off TVs.... I surpose it could be a poltergeist.....???

--------------------
Oscar.

My Webpage

+Quote Post
elphaba2
post Aug 9 2005, 09:47 PM
Post #19

Lord of the Keys

Member No.: 1,329

I've had odd things happen that spooked me, but all were convientently explainable: ex, when I was nine I went into a trance and saw my garage wall sort of melt (bad analogy, more like it became flexible and water-like) BUT I had only an hour or so of sleep that night; I could very well have imagined it. Other times I've seen things move about rooms, and once I looked in a mirror and slowly saw (or thought I saw) my features move, (nose got wider, eyes shifted, lips grew thinner). That one was actually the most terrifying and hallucination-like experience, but again, somewhat explainable. I was jacked up on caffiene and it was late.

But "I see products of longlasting paranoia and an overactive imagination" just doesn't flow as well.

--------------------
can I kiss your dopamine?
In a way I wonder if she's living in a magazine

+Quote Post
Quoth(The Raven)
post Aug 10 2005, 03:46 AM
Post #20

Meow!

QUOTE (oscarhilton @ Aug 9 2005, 03:50 AM)
QUOTE (Greeneyes @ Aug 8 2005, 03:35 PM)

like turn on and off TVs.... I surpose it could be a poltergeist.....???

It takes less energy for a poltergeist to make noise, than to move objects... Generally speaking, most poltergeists move objects only when preteens are about. There's something about adoloescent energy that powers them up. Otherwise, they just make noise...

--------------------

+Quote Post
Quoth(The Raven)
post Aug 10 2005, 03:49 AM
Post #21

Meow!

QUOTE (elphaba2 @ Aug 9 2005, 04:47 PM)
I've had odd things happen that spooked me, but all were convientently explainable: ex, when I was nine I went into a trance and saw my garage wall sort of melt (bad analogy, more like it became flexible and water-like) BUT I had only an hour or so of sleep that night; I could very well have imagined it. Other times I've seen things move about rooms, and once I  looked in a mirror and slowly saw (or thought I saw) my features move, (nose got wider, eyes shifted, lips grew thinner). That one was actually the most terrifying and hallucination-like experience, but again, somewhat explainable. I was jacked up on caffiene and it was late.

But "I see products of longlasting paranoia and an overactive imagination" just doesn't flow as well.

Abraham Lincoln once saw a ghostly image in the mirror... within a week, he was assasinated! one of many premonitions he had, about his own death...

--------------------

+Quote Post
torn love notes
post Aug 10 2005, 07:18 AM
Post #22

Worrying

Member No.: 1,891

I don't believe in ghosts. I've noticed a pattern in these posts, most of them hapened in the night. The sun heats up your house, wich makes it expand. At night it is cooler, and that makes your house-apartment-hotel detract in size. You probably heard wierd noises form the wood that is used to build houses creeking.

--------------------
Where'd the cheese go?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
What is life but a death sentence waiting to be completed?

+Quote Post
eleraama
post Aug 10 2005, 07:10 PM
Post #23

There is glass between us...!

Member No.: 1,091

In my experience, wood doesn't hum. Of course, I've never been to the Humming Forest of Branglebrack IV either, but that's another story.

It's generally supposed that spirits come during the night because a) Sleeping (or nearly there) brains are more open to outer influence, ie spectral, and 2) the 'door' to the spirit world grows weaker toward midnight (often referred to [awkwardly] as 'The Witching Hour')

--------------------
"Hell is... other people." No Exit by Jean-Paul Sartre.

+Quote Post
voices_in_my_hea...
post Aug 10 2005, 07:15 PM
Post #24

If my woman were a fire...

Member No.: 1,473

To prove to you all how parnoid I am:
I heard the keys of our old toy piano and one of my first thoughts was a ghost did it. Turns out, my cat was chasing a fly, and jumped on the keys. laugh.gif

--------------------
Her dignity shone so bright like a light on a hill
and she burned for me, no other man came near her flame.
Bad country songs - the deafening twang of the rich white kid blues.
You can own the strange, but the lights and glares will not make you real.

+Quote Post
Quoth(The Raven)
post Aug 11 2005, 01:11 AM
Post #25

Meow!

QUOTE (eleraama @ Aug 10 2005, 02:10 PM)
In my experience, wood doesn't hum. Of course, I've never been to the Humming Forest of Branglebrack IV either, but that's another story.

It's generally supposed that spirits come during the night because a) Sleeping (or nearly there) brains are more open to outer influence, ie spectral, and 2) the 'door' to the spirit world grows weaker toward midnight (often referred to [awkwardly] as 'The Witching Hour')

And, while wood can be said to 'Breathe' (Expanding and contracting), it does so at a far slower rate than human lungs, and makes no sound like the distinctive rythym of human breath. It also does not cause rugs to creep across floors, or hairy critters to cross roads...

For that matter, it also does not create the sounds of footsteps without a human foot.

And, for the record, I DO beleive in Ghosts, but am also a skeptic. I know all the ways the human mind can fool itself, and refuse to be fooled. I look for all the plausible "Natural" reasons for phenomena, but refuse to "Squeeze in" an excuse that doesn't fit, ala many of the "Explanations" that skeptics routinely come up with, because they're afraid to admit that there may be things they can't explain.

So, what's more reasonable? That an unseen presence is walking down a flight of stairs, or that the groans and creaks of wood expanding can be mistaken for the thud thud thud of footsteps? When does finding "Logical explanations" become a desparate attempt to deny reality?

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st October 2017 - 10:37 AM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!