Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Hey ya, starting random, but just talk to me
The Tortured Sou...
post Aug 10 2005, 02:16 AM
Post #1

Someday I'll return to the City in the sky

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 248

heya, since i will only be randomly poping in because my life is upside down, i decided to make a random thread... here we are... a random thread... i don't expect it to last long, and i won't do it again, but i wanted to have some form of contact with you guys and in my sleep deprived state this is what i came up with.

this first post will mostly contain rubbish that i can be arsed to type, but basically i just wanna talk to you guys coz i've been away for so long. I have missed you but till i get my life sorted (yep that horrible myth is tru... there IS a real world outside of matazone!!!) but i will try and come back and check this thread as much as possible (it limits my area for having to check, rather than a whole board, just one thread hehe, easy) anyway... any of you guys thinking of me? miss me? REMEMBER ME? want me to bugger off and stop rambling? tongue.gif

anyway i love all you guys and you can keep in contact with me here (as msn is just too complicated for ppl to add me on apparently tongue.gif ) say heya to you old timers that know me, and a friendly hello to those new to the Tort-style madness...

i'll stop now and let someone else speak.

--------------------
Signature now edited for my new forum life

WOOOHOOO i am e-engaged to the beautiful GothicTheySay

my little minion DoRmAnT she will do my bidding and be protected by my faires

my faires are, My cider fairy Pyromissy and my Vodka Imp Pyriem

Woo i got a funky signature thingy

user posted image
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Quoth(The Raven)
post Aug 11 2005, 05:54 AM
Post #2

Meow!

Member No.: 1,296

No one else has responded? Geez. That's enough to give someone a complex. And here I thought Matazoners were such nice people... Hang in there. Life can't monopolise you forever...

--------------------
Arthur, Gwen, and Quoth...Onwards to 4000 posts!Quoth is Cath's noob - what was she thinking?:)Duckflaps!Watch out for low flying kittens!'Dance, Monkey, Dance!' Well, this monkey don't dance no more!Never say 'die'... except as a command! I adopted Insaneperc!What kind of fool do you take me for? I don't know. How many kinds are there?

+Quote Post
silvermoon
post Aug 11 2005, 06:34 PM
Post #3

Worrying

Group: New Members
Member No.: 1,943

(yep that horrible myth is tru... there IS a real world outside of matazone!!!)

No... it can't be!
Hi! Being new, I can't say I know you, but hopefully that can change sometime. Come back once you have your life straightened out, ok?

--------------------
Kiss me, I'm draconian!I belong to SPEAKERfortheLOST! Fear us!Tisiphone is my wonderful flying kitten!

+Quote Post
oscarhilton
post Aug 11 2005, 06:39 PM
Post #4

Don't do that.

Member No.: 1,683

hello... i dont really know you eather 'cos i started not so long ago... I'd like to get to know you better though smile.gif

--------------------
Oscar.

who was e-kighted by Jimijimi, Sir Oscar. ...

My Webpage

+Quote Post
Quoth(The Raven)
post Aug 12 2005, 02:14 AM
Post #5

Meow!

See? We are nice people, here, and life is much nicer in the Matazone, than in RL...

--------------------
Arthur, Gwen, and Quoth...Onwards to 4000 posts!Quoth is Cath's noob - what was she thinking?:)Duckflaps!Watch out for low flying kittens!'Dance, Monkey, Dance!' Well, this monkey don't dance no more!Never say 'die'... except as a command! I adopted Insaneperc!What kind of fool do you take me for? I don't know. How many kinds are there?

+Quote Post
arachnidoc17
post Aug 12 2005, 02:22 AM
Post #6

Entomophobic

Member No.: 1,231

Welcome back, sort-of!

I remember you!

It was fun!

I can't find anything else to exclaim about!

--------------------
Myriad Reborn.

Have booze, will travel.

+Quote Post
Quoth(The Raven)
post Aug 12 2005, 03:20 AM
Post #7

Meow!

*Tapping foot, impatiently, glancing at watch...*

Hey, you said you'd be back! Where are you?

*fume, fume*

laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ashbless
post Aug 12 2005, 05:08 AM
Post #8

I could have written a short novel by this point

Member No.: 1,112

Yup, I remember you. How goes the live action role playing? Makeitbetta okay?

biggrin.gif

Hope real life works out more or less smoothly soon. It keeps threatening to drag me away as well.

I'm resisting though. Must resist. ph34r.gif

--------------------
IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion, It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shaking, the shaking becomes a warning, It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. - SpeakertotheLost

+Quote Post
Kitty
post Aug 12 2005, 10:01 AM
Post #9

Professionally Unprofessional

Member No.: 580

We use to end up playing
^
>
v

Together when no one else seemed to be online, heh.

--------------------
Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things that escape those who dream by night

+Quote Post
I_am_the_best
post Aug 12 2005, 10:42 AM
Post #10

Dirty Laundry

Member No.: 1,573

I'm sorry, can't say I remember you. That's probably because I wasn't there when you came on so much. But yeah, hello. Hope that the whole RL thing works out for you.

--------------------
Emma <3 James <3
"Music is a moral law. It gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, a charm to sadness, gaiety and life to everything. It is the essence of order, and leads to all that is good, just and beautiful, of which it is the invisible, but nevertheless dazzling, passionate, and eternal form." - Plato

+Quote Post
{Gothic Angel}
post Aug 12 2005, 09:34 PM
Post #11

My direction

Member No.: 495

Isn't this like the spam thread? And the random thoughts thread? And the what did you learn today thread?

Do we really need more than one?

--------------------
Once opened consume within three days. Above post is not suitable for home freezing. Store in a cool, dry area.

+Quote Post
The Tortured Sou...
post Aug 13 2005, 07:23 PM
Post #12

hehe thanks people... geez where have all the old timers gone... or have they forgotten me?

G-A, no this is NOT like those threads... this is a thread for me to try and keep in touch with my old Matazone buddies

ashbless, it would be if real life wasn't gettin in the way... i can't afford the gathering and if i've worked it out correctly my current debt to my parents is 150 and i currently have no income and JSA think i'm still at college so THEY won't pay me... gah.... fuck real life i don't want it... the only thing that is keeping me in the real world (the moments inbetween roleplay internet and sleep) is my girlfriend and my friends... i really do wish i wasn't here... haveing a weekly increasing debt that you cannot pay off is not fun!!! Gah i didn't mean to go on about this...

hehe Quoth, i just don't have the time to come here everyday anymore sad.gif sorry

oh and hi to all the new peeps that wanna get to know me. it's gunna be hard for you tho as i dun think i'll regularly be here no more.

--------------------

user posted image

+Quote Post
arachnidoc17
post Aug 13 2005, 07:49 PM
Post #13

Entomophobic

That's around $260 dollars U.S. Ouch.

Well, good luck living off of Ramen. biggrin.gif

--------------------
Myriad Reborn.

Have booze, will travel.

+Quote Post
The Tortured Sou...
post Aug 13 2005, 07:52 PM
Post #14

Ramen???

nah i'm looking for a job, but its so damn hard... in semptember i should be able to claim JSA (job seekers allowence gives me money every 2 weeks b ut i hafta prove to them i'm lookin for a job)

--------------------

user posted image

+Quote Post
arachnidoc17
post Aug 13 2005, 09:09 PM
Post #15

Entomophobic

Ramen Noodles. Usually around $0.89 US. Pretty much the biggest bang for your buck as far as nutrition. I don't know if it's sold int he UK, so here's a picture. http://webpages.csus.edu/~sac52576/maruchanbeef.jpg

Yes, beef flavor is kind of weird for noodles, I prefer chili flavor.

--------------------
Myriad Reborn.

Have booze, will travel.

+Quote Post
JimiJimi
post Aug 13 2005, 09:34 PM
Post #16

I'm afraid I'm back.

Member No.: 1,308

I used to get some 30p ish noodles down t'kwiksave...

--------------------

+Quote Post
Quoth(The Raven)
post Aug 14 2005, 02:04 AM
Post #17

Meow!

QUOTE ({Gothic Angel} @ Aug 12 2005, 04:34 PM)
Isn't this like the spam thread? And the random thoughts thread? And the what did you learn today thread?

Do we really need more than one?

Hey, I, for one, reserve the right to spam the Matabar, Tribe Wyvern, and the intro threads. In exchange, I leave issues and stuff like that, alone... an equitable trade, I think... laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Quoth(The Raven)
post Aug 14 2005, 02:14 AM
Post #18

Meow!

QUOTE (The Tortured Soul @ Aug 13 2005, 02:23 PM)
hehe thanks people... geez where have all the old timers gone... or have they forgotten me?

G-A, no this is NOT like those threads... this is a thread for me to try and keep in touch with my old Matazone buddies

ashbless, it would be if real life wasn't gettin in the way... i can't afford the gathering and if i've worked it out correctly my current debt to my parents is 150 and i currently have no income and JSA think i'm still at college so THEY won't pay me... gah.... fuck real life i don't want it... the only thing that is keeping me in the real world (the moments inbetween roleplay internet and sleep) is my girlfriend and my friends... i really do wish i wasn't here... haveing a weekly increasing debt that you cannot pay off is not fun!!! Gah i didn't mean to go on about this...

hehe Quoth, i just don't have the time to come here everyday anymore sad.gif sorry

oh and hi to all the new peeps that wanna get to know me. it's gunna be hard for you tho as i dun think i'll regularly be here no more.

You don't know how much I sympathise... For the last three years, I've been living off foodstamps, Birthday and Christmas moneyes, and all the aggravation I can eat, from my stepfather (With whom, i've been living, along with my mother and halfbrother...). Now, though, I have been officially diagnosed as disabled... and have been promised back pay for the time the Gov't refused to acknowledge that fact... although, when you consider the debts (and medical treatments) of the past three years... It won't go far. And the monthly payments I'm to receive from now on, are so small, they'll pretty much insure that I'll be stuck with family, for the foreseeable future... *Sigh* not to go on about MY circumstances...

--------------------

+Quote Post
Quoth(The Raven)
post Aug 14 2005, 02:18 AM
Post #19

Meow!

QUOTE (JimiJimi @ Aug 13 2005, 04:34 PM)
I used to get some 30p ish noodles down t'kwiksave...

A local store recently had them on sale... 7 cents each. I STILL have a truckload from the last sale, that I'm not eating, 'cause I'm sick of the bloody things...

--------------------

+Quote Post
Quoth(The Raven)
post Aug 14 2005, 02:29 AM
Post #20

Meow!

Hang in there, Tort... Life often sucks, but the one thing we can count on is change.

And, if you're wondering, Food Stamps are a form of subsidy, where they give you X dollars a month, for food, but the system is arranged so that they can ONLY be used for food. At one time, foodstamps were printed bills (Looked a bit like Canadean currency, with bright pastel colors...) Now, though, it's gone to an electronic system, with a debit card, to try to forestall abuses....

It tells you something about Bureacracy and the criminal mind, that there are still dishonest types getting rich off the system, while people are still starving... Me, being a basically honest person, I survived, but barely... Still, Yay, Survival! laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
The Tortured Sou...
post Aug 15 2005, 06:01 PM
Post #21

hehe... 3 posts from Quoth... you must really like me tongue.gif

no i'm not living of such things... infact i'd never heard of these noodles nor foodstamps... i'm still living with my family so they feed me luckily... but usually i'm not around when they have their meals so i tend to make my own... which of late has only consisted of bacon sandwiches and junk food!!! :S

--------------------

user posted image

+Quote Post
Quoth(The Raven)
post Aug 16 2005, 03:58 AM
Post #22

Meow!

QUOTE (The Tortured Soul @ Aug 15 2005, 01:01 PM)
hehe... 3 posts from Quoth... you must really like me tongue.gif

Well, responses to my posts always get ME coming back to the forums....

--------------------

+Quote Post
The Tortured Sou...
post Aug 16 2005, 11:01 AM
Post #23

lol... i did come back it just takes me time... the reason it took me so long to reply orginially is coz i didn't come online for a few days

--------------------

user posted image

+Quote Post
froggle-rock
post Aug 16 2005, 11:04 AM
Post #24

omno-ahhhhhhh!

Member No.: 1,174

*waves* Hey TS, hope you get the JSA stuff sorted sooner, rather than later. wink.gif

--------------------
A society that takes itself too seriously risks bottling up its tensions and treating every example of irreverence as a threat to its existence. Humour is one of the great solvents of democracy. It permits the ambiguities and contradictions of public life to be articulated in non-violent forms. It promotes diversity. It enables a multitude of discontents to be expressed in a myriad of spontaneous ways. It is an elixir of constitutional health. J. Sachs in Laugh It Off Promotions CC v SAB International (Finance) BV t/a SabMark International (Freedom of Expression Institute as Amicus Curiae) 2006 (1) SA 144 (CC)

+Quote Post
Astarael
post Aug 18 2005, 02:35 AM
Post #25

Browncoat

Member No.: 1,958

After years of waiting for Internet Explorer, I at last have an account here. All is well with the world, and I am eating minced garlic out of the container. I'm not quite sure why. Yay random threads! (I'm a bit sleep-deprived. Do excuse the craziness.)

--------------------
Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all. ~Morpheus, King of Dreams
I am a leaf on the wind. See me soar.
IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd September 2014 - 08:19 AM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!