Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What is your favourite chocolate?, And other confectionary goodness
Calantyr
post Aug 23 2005, 10:26 PM
Post #1

Perfection Personified

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 1,548

I am just wolfed down the most gorgeous chocolate bar ever. Previously I thought Galaxy was far superior, but now I do not know.

It's Green & Black's milk chocolate. It's a bit more pricey, but it's worth it. Not only is it made from organic ingredients, it's Fair Trade to boot.

It's come a long way since Organic and Fair Trade meant overly expensive and disgusting. This stuff is simply amasing.

You can grab it in Sainsbury's. Yeah, I know... not exactly an upper class treasure trove of wonder. rolleyes.gif

--------------------
"Too often Fate,
By all abhorred,
To savage poison,
Adds the sword"
- Boethius, The Concillations of Philosophy
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Samorine
post Aug 23 2005, 10:33 PM
Post #2

Bump 'n' grind, Ciaran!

Member No.: 1,649

Lindt chocolate is definitely superior to most chocolate. However, I'm quite fond of the traditional Cadbury.

I'd have toffee over chocolate any day, though.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Hobbes
post Aug 23 2005, 10:43 PM
Post #3

Advice for the young at heart

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 33

I like 'Crunchie's and 'Kit Kat Chunky's

+Quote Post
arachnidoc17
post Aug 23 2005, 10:46 PM
Post #4

Entomophobic

Member No.: 1,231

Any dark chocolate.

--------------------
Myriad Reborn.

Have booze, will travel.

+Quote Post
Aria
post Aug 24 2005, 02:33 AM
Post #5

Confused. Very Very Confused.

Member No.: 941

I agree with whoever said Lindt chocolate. I love that stuff.

--------------------
In your misery
You're not alone
So come share your tears with me
And witness it all go wrong

+Quote Post
I_am_the_best
post Aug 24 2005, 09:35 AM
Post #6

Dirty Laundry

Member No.: 1,573

Any dark chocolate and Hersheys milk & cookies.

--------------------
Emma <3 James <3
"Music is a moral law. It gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, a charm to sadness, gaiety and life to everything. It is the essence of order, and leads to all that is good, just and beautiful, of which it is the invisible, but nevertheless dazzling, passionate, and eternal form." - Plato

+Quote Post
Cath Sparrow
post Aug 24 2005, 11:40 AM
Post #7

I've been brainwashed

Group: Admin
Member No.: 526

Aaaarrrgghhh! Dont make me choose!
I'm with Calantyr Green & Black is gorgeous but I'm less spersific I'll eat any of them but the one with cherry is particularly yummy. I prefer dark to milk chocolate but I've a soft spot for Chadburys Crunchies and Twirls.
But my real special is from a chocolate shop in Lincoln where I could get Dark chocolate cherries in Kirsh now they were to die for but I dont get to Lincoln really any more so I miss them. But I have just been given a very good idea. Hmmm... I'm seeing a friend from Lincoln in a couple of weeks...

--------------------
How would you feel about life if Death was your older sister? You're only young once but you can stay immature indefinetly!!!!

+Quote Post
Usurper MrTeapot
post Aug 24 2005, 12:02 PM
Post #8

Samauri Teapain

Member No.: 844

Anyone had a Wonka Bar? They had ferrari roche nutty mix in it. Mmm-hmmm.

--------------------
@>-'--,--Cath and gothictheysay are my E-Teapotettes.@>-'--,--
Jaq and believe are my adopted Tea Spoons (wherever they are :'( )
"I am just a worthless liar, I am just an imbecile, I will only complicate you, trust in me and fall aswell."
A proud Viking never stops masturbating.
Taking over Matazone Forums since 2011.

+Quote Post
Jonman
post Aug 24 2005, 12:52 PM
Post #9

Duck Hunter S Thompson

Group: Admin
Member No.: 71

Hmm. I'm going to have to investigate that. The Green'n'Blacks chocolate ice cream is pretty frickin' amazing. Makes Haagen Daaz taste like doggy-poop in comparison

Best thing in the world ever though? Fully covered plain chocolate jaffa cakes. Seems they don't sell them anymore. Grrrr.

--------------------
Nearly two years in - about time for a new AV

+Quote Post
froggle-rock
post Aug 24 2005, 01:46 PM
Post #10

omno-ahhhhhhh!

Member No.: 1,174

Green & Black's dark chocolate and whole chrries is *the* bestest way to sate my chocolate desire when I'm on. But if I'm looking for something to please my sweet tooth, then it's G&B's white chocolate!

Calantyr, I'm sure I tried to get your brother onto Green & Black's a while back, good to see he's passed it onto you tongue.gif

Neuhaus has to be one of my favorite brands, because the chocolate just melts beautifuly, but isn't sickly, though it's more pricey than a cadburys bar and I only know one place that sells it so I don't buy it often. Which just means it's more of a treat when I do!

Lindt isn't really a favorite of mine, but I'll buy the liqure ones, or the pistacheo fondant one because I find them quite yummy in my tummy. Be warned, getting liqure goop all down your top when at the cinema with a lady will not impress. Don't do it in the dark!

--------------------
A society that takes itself too seriously risks bottling up its tensions and treating every example of irreverence as a threat to its existence. Humour is one of the great solvents of democracy. It permits the ambiguities and contradictions of public life to be articulated in non-violent forms. It promotes diversity. It enables a multitude of discontents to be expressed in a myriad of spontaneous ways. It is an elixir of constitutional health. J. Sachs in Laugh It Off Promotions CC v SAB International (Finance) BV t/a SabMark International (Freedom of Expression Institute as Amicus Curiae) 2006 (1) SA 144 (CC)

+Quote Post
Ashbless
post Aug 24 2005, 02:00 PM
Post #11

I could have written a short novel by this point

Member No.: 1,112

Hedgehogs in the purple box goodness that is Purdy's chocolate. Or possibly anything from the tempting place that is Bernard Calabeau.

--------------------
IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion, It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shaking, the shaking becomes a warning, It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. - SpeakertotheLost

+Quote Post
Samorine
post Aug 24 2005, 07:44 PM
Post #12

Bump 'n' grind, Ciaran!

You people have influence over me. I bought some Green & Black's chocolate when I was out today. It's very nice indeed, but I think I'm going to cut it up into pieces and stick it in the next set of cookies I make ^^ I think it'll be great for that.

(Lindt is still heaven)

--------------------

+Quote Post
Snugglebum the D...
post Aug 24 2005, 07:56 PM
Post #13

F*cking with the best since 1996

Member No.: 962

If you like Green & Blacks then they do a WHOLE cook book full of the most amazing cake receipes you've ever tasted. Someone did me one for my birthday last year - it was almost like a mix between a mousse and a cake. Delicious. biggrin.gif

On topic - I like just milk chocolate. Preferably Galaxy, although Thorntons do some lovely chocolates. *drool*

--------------------
Art should be an expression of what humanity is capable of imagining - not limited to representing that which surrounds us - Demetrios Vakras
funked)out_frog is my special Harem slave
Harem count: Markslut, xkitsurabamix, Black - Wings, Candice, Moop, Daedalus, The Lorax, Franken - Sarah, Artemisia, Cath, Wyvern, Saucy Tara, PsychWardMike, JimiJimi, Fallen Element, Smiler, Korbin Dallas, laenan kite, Valerie, Faerieryn, trunk_girl26, Sir Psycho Sexy, Steam Roxxor, pgrmdave, monkey_called_narth

+Quote Post
Quoth(The Raven)
post Aug 25 2005, 03:32 AM
Post #14

Meow!

Member No.: 1,296

I love chocolate! But my tatses vary, and I love trying out new discoveries... I tried a Wonka bar the other day... Chocolate and Graham cracker... yum!

--------------------
Arthur, Gwen, and Quoth...Onwards to 4000 posts!Quoth is Cath's noob - what was she thinking?:)Duckflaps!Watch out for low flying kittens!'Dance, Monkey, Dance!' Well, this monkey don't dance no more!Never say 'die'... except as a command! I adopted Insaneperc!What kind of fool do you take me for? I don't know. How many kinds are there?

+Quote Post
snooodlysnoosnoo...
post Aug 25 2005, 09:14 PM
Post #15

dream to make believe

Member No.: 863

I refuse to eat Wonka bars because they are made by Nestle.

Today I made cookies with a whopping 350g of chocolate (that's equivalent to the amount of flour in them) which consisted of 150g of Green & Blacks and 200g of Heavenly, both 70% dark chocolate so I figured it wouldn't be too different but 100g of the Heavenly stuff is 10p cheaper than 100g of G&B.

Uhmm... yeah, I'm big on fair trade stuff... when I made them in February I used fair trade sugar too but I can only find that in Co-op and there isn't one around here.

--------------------
Last.fm
snoo is about as evil as a muffin

+Quote Post
{Gothic Angel}
post Aug 25 2005, 09:25 PM
Post #16

My direction

Member No.: 495

QUOTE (Calantyr @ Aug 23 2005, 10:26 PM)
It's Green & Black's milk chocolate. It's a bit more pricey, but it's worth it. Not only is it made from organic ingredients, it's Fair Trade to boot.

Oh God I could live off that stuff... *drool*

Although I have to say, Lindt dark chocolate is rather nice. The 90+% cocoa stuff which you have to eat in tiny bits and taste through your sinuses... mmmm...

--------------------
Once opened consume within three days. Above post is not suitable for home freezing. Store in a cool, dry area.

+Quote Post
Faerieryn
post Aug 25 2005, 09:45 PM
Post #17

Faeries don't bite we just nibble a bit!

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 535

I love all things chocolatet. Especially dark chocolate. BUT my fave of the minute is... Refridgerated Curley Wurleys!!! My local pub does the most amazingly huge ice cream Sundae with a full sized Curley Wurley stuck in the top. Just superb

--------------------
If life hands you a lemon make lemonade, lace it with cyanide and then pass it around. What can I say I'm a revenge type of gal!!! Ryn
Wearing a large shiny tag around neck "Uncullable Faerie"
Official S P A N G L E R and self proclaimed protector of Tribe Wyvern- OOh Sparkly!!
Proud leader of the Super Spangler Squad. Me and Stardust wil spangle your a$$!!

+Quote Post
uninspired pizza...
post Aug 26 2005, 02:09 AM
Post #18

Oh really?

Member No.: 1,837

Im not sure i can get G&B down here unsure.gif . Peanutbutter kitkats are rather odd tasting wink.gif . I love all chocolate but for some reason milk chocolate makes me feel sick sad.gif , luckily i like dark chocky more. biggrin.gif

--------------------
the noob of noone/e-knighted by jimi/now im typing in orange/

+Quote Post
JimiJimi
post Aug 26 2005, 09:59 AM
Post #19

I'm afraid I'm back.

Member No.: 1,308

Kit Kat!

I'm not incredibly into chocolate, although when living in Birmingham driving through Bournville next to the Cadbury factory was smelloriffic.

I'll keep an eye out for that Green and Black stuff...

--------------------

+Quote Post
Red Flame
post Aug 26 2005, 11:11 AM
Post #20

Group: New Members
Member No.: 1,859

I like any chocolate but my dad loves dark chocolate and I mean dark. When we went to France he got some that was 86%!!!! It made me feel sick!

--------------------
Sporks will rule the world one day you know.

+Quote Post
artist.unknown
post Aug 26 2005, 11:43 PM
Post #21

sesquipedalian

Member No.: 915

Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory makes white chocolate and cinnamon dipped caramel apples that I would very likely commit series legal offenses for.

Yes I know white chocolate isn't technically chocolate. But it has the word 'chocolate' in it. So, er, there.

It needn't be said that American chocolate is crap. So I don't touch the stuff. Tastes like candles. Euch.

--------------------
-Grammar Nazi-quotes of the yesterday
It is only in his work that an artist can find reality and satisfaction, for the actual world is less intense than the world of his invention and consequently his life, without recourse to violent disorder, does not seem very substantial. -Tennessee Williams

+Quote Post
Samorine
post Aug 27 2005, 07:05 AM
Post #22

Bump 'n' grind, Ciaran!

Cinnamon. Oh God, I love cinnamon. Toffee, cinnamon and ginger are my most favourite things in the world.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Daria
post Aug 27 2005, 06:29 PM
Post #23

Wait for the uprising

Member No.: 1,735

QUOTE (Snugglebum the Destroyer @ Aug 24 2005, 08:56 PM)
If you like Green & Blacks then they do a WHOLE cook book full of the most amazing cake receipes you've ever tasted.  Someone did me one for my birthday last year - it was almost like a mix between a mousse and a cake.  Delicious.   biggrin.gif

On topic - I like just milk chocolate.  Preferably Galaxy, although Thorntons do some lovely chocolates.  *drool*

My brother (who is a chef) makes a cake along those lines. It's called chocolate souffle cake, and is delicious!

QUOTE (Red Flame @ Aug 26 2005, 12:11 PM)
I like any chocolate but my dad loves dark chocolate and I mean dark. When we went to France he got some that was 86%!!!! It made me feel sick!

I love that stuff! I made some chocolate sponge puddings and put a load of that in the middle so when you ate them hot it all sqwelched out. But they do need double cream as well...

My favourite chocolate has to be Green and Blacks- either Maya Gold or their caramel one. Or their ginger one. Or their dark. Or white.

I like green and blacks biggrin.gif
And it just so happens that we sell it in the shop/ cafe I work in. Us selling it= a discount for me biggrin.gif

--------------------
We are unraveling our navels so that we may ingest the sun.

DARIA IZ GOOD ON TOAST

TOAST IZ GOOD ON DARIA

+Quote Post
funky fairy
post Sep 1 2005, 07:20 PM
Post #24

Worrying

Member No.: 1,985

I love anything chocolate!!!

My ambition when I was little was to work in a chocolate factory and guess what????

I did, I made walnut whips for 5 years at Nestles, you are soooooo jealous aren't you?? I could eat as much chocoalte as I could fit in my gob!!!

I love Thorntons chocs, and Galaxy ripples, mmmmmmmmmmm!

--------------------
I am Cheesemooses noob!!
I am a nobody, nobody is perfect, therefore I'm perfect!!

+Quote Post
bikerroc
post Sep 1 2005, 07:22 PM
Post #25

Super advanced member

Member No.: 1,986

Does drinking chocolate count? I luuuurve drinking chocolate especially toffee flavour, mint flavour whisky flavour rum flavour chocolate flavour, every flavour in the world !!!! with chocolate nuts.

--------------------
I've been adopted by a noobie. Is this legal? Who cares anyway, I'm keeping him!!

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th October 2017 - 11:33 AM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!