IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules 
4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Nudism, Nudism + World = Better place?
froggle-rock
post Aug 29 2005, 11:16 AM
Post #1

omno-ahhhhhhh!

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 1,174

I spent most of the weekend with Tommy (my fella) helping him paint two murals. We spent most of our time doing this inside, apart from y'day because the weather was just too darn glorious to not go out into the garden. I spend alot of time nude. When we were inside painting I took my clothes off because my preferance is to go about unclad.

I do wear clothes, they're great for warmth, decoration and protection (frying is not advised to be done sans clothing, actually most cooking should be done with something worn to cover your delicate parts). I quite like wearing clothes; puting together combinations. It can be quite fun being ones own barbie doll.

When Tommy saw me getting undressed I asked him if it bothered him because see I'd thought he wouldn't be fussed, being as he's seen me naked before. Tommy told me that it wasn't so much that it bothered him, just that he himself would find it really uncomfortable to paint in the buff, even in the privacy of his own home, but that if I wanted to it was fine.

I have grown up seeing my parents and siblings nude. In my house there is only one bathroom which has the one toilet there too. Five people getting ready to leave at roughly the same time in the morning leads to people walking in and out of the bathroom regardless of who else is in there at the time, or their state of undress.

Tommy and I were in his room painting, when his flatmate, Ollie, knocked on the door. I moved along the bed from where I was, so that Ollie wouldn't see me when Tommy opened the door. Tommy and Ollie have a brief conversation about housemate stuff and when they are done and after when Tommy closes his door he turns to me and says "That's why you should wear clothes.". I tell him "That's why people shouldn't wear clothes."

Tommy then pointed out that I had moved out of Ollie's view when he was speaking to him. I explained that it's a case that I know other people (not all) get uncomfortable by seeing people without clothes outside of doing the jiggy jiggy dance. I don't mind if Ollie sees me au naturel, but from the little I know Ollie, and the fact I have't seen him walking around without a stich leads me to assume he would feel akward. At the end of the day I don't want to make him feel that way.

Do you walk around in the buff? Could you infront of family, friends, strangers? Are the only times for nakedness in the shower and in bed? Do you only feel free to be naked when you are by yourself?

I'm curious to know what people's thoughts are because I know not all of y'all get naked on a regular. I feel very comfortable with my body (it's not always been that way), and I have a feeling that having few inhibitions, if none about being nude is connected with how comfortable a person is with thier body. Correct me if I'm wrong.

--------------------
A society that takes itself too seriously risks bottling up its tensions and treating every example of irreverence as a threat to its existence. Humour is one of the great solvents of democracy. It permits the ambiguities and contradictions of public life to be articulated in non-violent forms. It promotes diversity. It enables a multitude of discontents to be expressed in a myriad of spontaneous ways. It is an elixir of constitutional health. J. Sachs in Laugh It Off Promotions CC v SAB International (Finance) BV t/a SabMark International (Freedom of Expression Institute as Amicus Curiae) 2006 (1) SA 144 (CC)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
pgrmdave
post Aug 29 2005, 02:48 PM
Post #2

^random image of the day

Member No.: 1,604

I would be uncomfortable with most people seeing me nude. However, when I'm alone, I do prefer to be unclothed, I simply feel that it is more comfortable.

--------------------

+Quote Post
PsychWardMike
post Aug 29 2005, 05:25 PM
Post #3

I'm attracted by the potential for reckless abuse of power.

Member No.: 1,105

There seems to be an episode of Seinfeld that fit this. Bad naked and everything.

Anyway, I'm not particularly fond of my body (I'm very large) so when I'm naked with someone, I tend to think of it as a bigger commitment than having sex. Kinda pathetic, huh?

Doesn't mean I don't like being naked, though.

--------------------
I'm just a Viewtiful Girl living in a Viewtiful World.
Henshin a-go-go, baby.

I swear to God, the above post was not intended to incite flame wars or to offend you.

+Quote Post
Usurper MrTeapot
post Aug 29 2005, 05:34 PM
Post #4

Samauri Teapain

Member No.: 844

QUOTE (PsychWardMike @ Aug 29 2005, 06:25 PM)
Anyway, I'm not particularly fond of my body (I'm very large) so when I'm naked with someone, I tend to think of it as a bigger commitment than having sex.  Kinda pathetic, huh?

Doesn't mean I don't like being naked, though.

^What he said.

And if you want a place to go where its fine to be naked and no one cares. Go to Reading Festival. Everyone got naked there...

--------------------
@>-'--,--Cath and gothictheysay are my E-Teapotettes.@>-'--,--
Jaq and believe are my adopted Tea Spoons (wherever they are :'( )
"I am just a worthless liar, I am just an imbecile, I will only complicate you, trust in me and fall aswell."
A proud Viking never stops masturbating.
Taking over Matazone Forums since 2011.

+Quote Post
Museum Girl
post Aug 29 2005, 07:18 PM
Post #5

GLITTER!!!!!

Member No.: 1,697

I see nothing wrong with walking around naked but other people find the idea of it uncomfortable. People have told me I was perverted because I mentioned that I went to a nudist beach on holiday, but I'd say you're only perverted if you only go there to get off on all the naked people. So yeah, I've no problem with walking around naked but I don't want to embarass people who may have a problem with it. Sometimes it's convenient not to wear any clothes, and if we didn't wear them at all we'd probably be more aware of different body types and have broader aesthetic ideals regarding them because we'd be exposed to them more regulaly. We'd also become desensitised to them which I think would be good to a certain extent.

+Quote Post
Usurper MrTeapot
post Aug 29 2005, 07:52 PM
Post #6

Samauri Teapain

Perversion is annoying, especially for a man.

If I looked over my garden fence and I saw a woman sunbathing nude outside then she could call me a pervert for looking. If I was naked and she saw it would be indecent exposure.

--------------------
"I am just a worthless liar, I am just an imbecile, I will only complicate you, trust in me and fall aswell."

+Quote Post
trunks_girl26
post Aug 29 2005, 08:59 PM
Post #7

o_O

Member No.: 1,229

hmm, I'd have to say that I'm rather comfortable being topless/just in a bra (as my breasts are large enough to need one most of the time) but not bottomless.

I tend to thing of being naked with someone as something special, actually- that only the privileged few (or none, as the case would be now) get to see.

--------------------
The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love, and be loved in return -Moulin Rouge
"Religion is a finger pointing ot the moon, but some people confuse the finger with the moon."
Truth is subjectivity - Kierkegaard
"I don't know anything; I never knew anything, but now I know I don't know"
"The important thing isn't to know Jesus, Mohamed or Buddah, but to know what they know"

+Quote Post
Snugglebum the D...
post Aug 29 2005, 09:18 PM
Post #8

F*cking with the best since 1996

Member No.: 962

I like being nekked. I'd like to walk around bare arsed more often then I do but I have an unfortunate habit of not closing curtains properly - the neighbours don't appreciate that. laugh.gif

I'm not terribly comfortable with my body (although it's probably in better shape now then it ever has been since I was about 19) but I think a get more comfortable the older I get. I suppose you just get used to the shape you are and how it looks and forgive the bits that let you down.

I moon people a lot. Not sure if that's relevant? rolleyes.gif

--------------------
Art should be an expression of what humanity is capable of imagining - not limited to representing that which surrounds us - Demetrios Vakras
funked)out_frog is my special Harem slave
Harem count: Markslut, xkitsurabamix, Black - Wings, Candice, Moop, Daedalus, The Lorax, Franken - Sarah, Artemisia, Cath, Wyvern, Saucy Tara, PsychWardMike, JimiJimi, Fallen Element, Smiler, Korbin Dallas, laenan kite, Valerie, Faerieryn, trunk_girl26, Sir Psycho Sexy, Steam Roxxor, pgrmdave, monkey_called_narth

+Quote Post
CommieBastard
post Aug 29 2005, 09:21 PM
Post #9

Remorseless posting machine

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 466

I'm rarely entirely naked, because I'm literally not comfortable with it - as in, chairs and sofas aren't as comfortable against bare flesh. Plus it's just more convenient being clothed - people have an annoying habit of ringing the doorbell...

--------------------
Every sort of expert knowledge and every inquiry, and similarly every action and undertaking, seems to seek some good. Because of that, people are right to affirm that the good is 'that which all things seek'...

+Quote Post
PsychWardMike
post Aug 29 2005, 10:12 PM
Post #10

I'm attracted by the potential for reckless abuse of power.

Member No.: 1,105

Espescially on leather! Sticks to you something fierce.

And to snuggs, I need to learn you on definitions of words:

naked - adj; to be without clothes
nekkid - adj; to be witout clothes and to be up to something

--------------------
I'm just a Viewtiful Girl living in a Viewtiful World.
Henshin a-go-go, baby.

I swear to God, the above post was not intended to incite flame wars or to offend you.

+Quote Post
Kitty
post Aug 29 2005, 11:06 PM
Post #11

Professionally Unprofessional

Member No.: 580

I'm use to my parents walking around with barely anything on so people being naked doesnt really bother me much. Though I really dont like walking around naked myself because I have a feeling my family would totally disapprove.

There was an instance where I was wearing a shirt that, when worn in barely no light, looks like I'm wearing only a bra. My brother saw that and immediatley said "Put some cloths on, jeez!" So I dont think he'd be entirely comfortable with me wandering around in anything less than a pair of shorts and a shirt.

Mostly its just a people thing. Sometimes I feel extreamly comfy in my skin and when the house is to myself I walk around naked for a while. Its nice feeling free sometimes! Sometimes though. Other than that, I feel that if I were to be nekked with someone around it would be at the least a snuggly sort of intimate situation, though not necissarially with sex involved.

--------------------
Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things that escape those who dream by night

+Quote Post
Chronotub
post Aug 29 2005, 11:36 PM
Post #12

Worrying

Member No.: 1,776

when I am alone I dont care if I am naked or not, once I am dressed I wont strip off but I if I have just got out of the bath or something I usuly stay naked for an hour or so.
I am a bit chubby and am not realy comfortable with my body (but I tell people I am) so I dont feel comfortable naked in front of other people Infact the only time I strip down more than trousers and t shirt is to go swimming. Even if I am at a beach I always wear t shirt and trousers.

--------------------
Rydhsys rag Kernow lemmyn!

+Quote Post
Usurper MrTeapot
post Aug 29 2005, 11:38 PM
Post #13

Samauri Teapain

I like walking around the house naked, but I check to make sure its dark enough in my house, theres no one in and there aren't any curtains open. I generally don't like the idea of even small nudity infront of people, shirtless for example.

But if people want to be naked thats funky. A good friend of mine has a great dad, first time I met him he was naked in the kitchen frying eggs in just an apron and he's known for ironing his boxers to wear just before he goes out so they're nice and warm.

--------------------

+Quote Post
MistressAlti
post Aug 30 2005, 12:48 AM
Post #14

ever-hopeful since 2003

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 54

I like being naked. I'm fat and I know it, I don't really need the clothes to hide behind when it's just me. I missed walking around my own room naked when I lived in a dormitory with roommates.

+Quote Post
beccareb
post Aug 30 2005, 03:19 AM
Post #15

Group: New Members
Member No.: 1,217

I don't think there is anything wrong with being naked when one is by themselves. I don't like being naked because I don't find it comfortable. Probably at least partly because I'm not comfortable with my body, but I think it's also that I just prefer wearing clothes.

--------------------
e-married to eleraama

+Quote Post
Sir Psycho Sexy
post Aug 30 2005, 10:12 AM
Post #16

Technically a giant, intellectual midget.

Member No.: 197

I'm gonna be grouped with the people that don't mind nakedness but prefer clothing. Like Sean said, some materials aren't comfortable against bare skin. I'm also not fond of my body, it's ok, but I just don't like being so skinny. Finally, without clothes I feel...well, naked, vulnerable would be a better word, I like the feeling of wearing clothes, it's comforting, for example, my favourtive pair of boxers are those snug, tight fitting ones, supportive like. tongue.gif

--------------------
He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

+Quote Post
Snugglebum the D...
post Aug 30 2005, 11:01 AM
Post #17

nekkid - adj; to be witout clothes and to be up to something

Who's to say I'm not? wink.gif You learn me good, baby. laugh.gif

--------------------
Art should be an expression of what humanity is capable of imagining - not limited to representing that which surrounds us - Demetrios Vakras
Harem count: Markslut, xkitsurabamix, Black - Wings, Candice, Moop, Daedalus, The Lorax, Franken - Sarah, Artemisia, Cath, Wyvern, Saucy Tara, PsychWardMike, JimiJimi, Fallen Element, Smiler, Korbin Dallas, laenan kite, Valerie, Faerieryn, trunk_girl26, Sir Psycho Sexy, Steam Roxxor, pgrmdave, monkey_called_narth

+Quote Post
Jonman
post Aug 30 2005, 11:55 AM
Post #18

Duck Hunter S Thompson

Group: Admin
Member No.: 71

I'm as happy with or without clothes. When the weather's hot, without is so much more pleasant. And as long as the people I'm around are happy with me being naked, I'm happy.

But it's oddly double-sided. Outside of home, or 'naked events', I'm quite self conscious about taking my clothes off (due to a little beer belly, and hair in places it doesn't belong. However, in the company of other naked folks, I'm perfectly comfortable to strip off. The same way being naked in Sainsbury's is very different from being naked at a nudist beach.

--------------------
Nearly two years in - about time for a new AV

+Quote Post
simply,I'm a...
post Aug 30 2005, 08:21 PM
Post #19

oooh yeah,shake that nasty hamster ass!

Group: New Members
Member No.: 98

Am fine being "in the buff" but am oddly disturbed when your friends and family start doing it too- for example - on a beach (somewhere nice and hot preferably, not South End) if your happily soaking up the sun, I can't help but stare at other people - and it frightens me slightly! I'm in no way inclined to the female form, I am very much a sausage girl, but you just HAVE to stare! It's a natural bloody thing! And just when they turn because they can feel someone looking, its the very same moment you try to force your gaze to the floor -

*think hmmmm....... I've never really looked at sand in this way - it's so pretty*

And then they think you're a dirty old perv!

Am so ashamed sad.gif

--------------------
<span style='font-size:21pt;line-height:100%'><span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>If you're happy and you know it clap your hands...............................</span></span>

I'm not hearing any clapping!

user posted image go Scotty,go!

+Quote Post
Calantyr
post Aug 30 2005, 08:33 PM
Post #20

Perfection Personified

Member No.: 1,548

Clothes are just so USEFUL though. Lots of pockets to keep stuff in. And it also gives you something to do with your hands.... well besides absent-mindedly scratching your bits. biggrin.gif

I'm not exactly over the moon with how my body looks, that and it's often more comfy to have clothes on. That and I think you lose some of the mystique if you go around in the buff all the time. It's not so... I dunno, special.

Saying that, once or twice I've gotten naked when drunk. Don't ask me why, scares the crap outa me too. I just pray no one has a camera at the time. Or that it's cold. *whistles*

So no, wouldn't make the world a better place. At least when I am involved with it. But you can apply that to everything I'm involved with I guess.

--------------------
"Too often Fate,
By all abhorred,
To savage poison,
Adds the sword"
- Boethius, The Concillations of Philosophy

+Quote Post
artist.unknown
post Aug 30 2005, 08:45 PM
Post #21

sesquipedalian

Member No.: 915

I get naked to get clean. Thassit. First, I am always, always cold. Second, body image. Third, I have an Amish sense of decency. I'm a Calvanist. We keeps our wrists and ankles covered, thank you kindly. tongue.gif

Rooming with Poles and Hungarians has been awkard this summer. They keep changing in front of me and trying to hold conversations while in states of undress. And then there's the personal space issue. There is an imaginary bubble. You cannot go in it. No hugs!! Argh! ph34r.gif

--------------------
-Grammar Nazi-quotes of the yesterday
It is only in his work that an artist can find reality and satisfaction, for the actual world is less intense than the world of his invention and consequently his life, without recourse to violent disorder, does not seem very substantial. -Tennessee Williams

+Quote Post
Snugglebum the D...
post Aug 30 2005, 08:47 PM
Post #22

once or twice I've gotten naked when drunk.

Jumping out and scaring the crap out of the innocent room service too? laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Calantyr
post Aug 30 2005, 08:52 PM
Post #23

Perfection Personified

Member No.: 1,548

QUOTE (Snugglebum the Destroyer @ Aug 30 2005, 09:47 PM)
once or twice I've gotten naked when drunk.

Jumping out and scaring the crap out of the innocent room service too? laugh.gif

Hey, she deserved it! That room was booked for another hour and a half! biggrin.gif

Well it's better than her seeing my in my Dilbert underwear at least... *mutters*

--------------------
"Too often Fate,
By all abhorred,
To savage poison,
Adds the sword"
- Boethius, The Concillations of Philosophy

+Quote Post
gothictheysay
post Aug 31 2005, 02:52 AM
Post #24

living in your basement, eating your candy hearts

Member No.: 959

they keep changing in front of me and trying to hold conversations while in states of undress.

I've heard about this too, and in some way I think it's good - they seem to be comfortable enough with their bodies and nudity/partial nudity to do that. I think that nakedness is generally something that society is too uptight about, and in turn, more people are uptight about it as well. I'd probably have trouble in that situation, too, but it would be nice if people could be more comfrotable with their bodies/nudity.

Edit: Janet Jackson and the Superbowl anyone? Now that was overreacting...

--------------------
Being corrupted by candice since 2004
teal and orange is the way forward

+Quote Post
{Gothic Angel}
post Aug 31 2005, 02:46 PM
Post #25

My direction

Member No.: 495

QUOTE (artist.unknown @ Aug 30 2005, 08:45 PM)
Rooming with Poles and Hungarians has been awkard this summer. They keep changing in front of me and trying to hold conversations while in states of undress. And then there's the personal space issue. There is an imaginary bubble. You cannot go in it. No hugs!! Argh!  ph34r.gif

It's taken me somewhere in the realms of about six years to be comfortable hugging people I'm not romantically involved with or related to. My personal space extends about 10ft from my body. No hugs! tongue.gif

In terms of being naked... I dunno. I don't mind walking around in my underwear, or just a dressing gown with nothing underneath, or even just a towel. even just a towel around my waist. Full nudity, I'm not comfortable with though. Partially because I actually do get comments made about my body from my family, not in a nasty sense, or at least, not intended that way. We have one bathroom, but the only person who actually walks around the house naked is my mum. Me, my sister, and my stepdad are forbidden to, for obvious reasons. If me or my sister are in there, we tend to leave each other alone, but mum picks the lock and goes in.

The other reason I don't like it is that I've always been taught it was wrong. anything less than either full clothing or underwear, pyjamas and dressing gown is wrong. My parents have a lot of middle aged rpg-playing bachelors who are often around here, so it was just common sense to teach me and my sister not to walk around naked, and it stuck. On the other hand, I'm totally happy to sleep naked with no covers, so maybe I'm just irrational about this tongue.gif

And, of course, there's a salamander somewhere in my ancestry so I'm never warm enough. And yeah, some things just do feel uncomfortable against bare skin.

--------------------
Once opened consume within three days. Above post is not suitable for home freezing. Store in a cool, dry area.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th October 2017 - 12:26 AM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!