IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules 
4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Where are the mature members?, I feel old.
funky fairy
post Sep 2 2005, 09:34 PM
Post #1

Worrying

Group: New Members
Member No.: 1,985

When I joined this wonderful site, I was under the impression that you were all of mature years.

But I feel so old!!!

My daughter is older than some of you little wee ones!!!! No shes 13, that was a lie!

Please dont disillusion me and say you are all of school age. I need to feel like a teenager again, yeah???

--------------------
I am Cheesemooses noob!!
I am a nobody, nobody is perfect, therefore I'm perfect!!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
bikerroc
post Sep 2 2005, 09:38 PM
Post #2

Super advanced member

Member No.: 1,986

Don't worry, I am no longer a teenager but am about 16 in the head and 18 in the body, or is that the wrong mirror I'm looking in ?

--------------------
I've been adopted by a noobie. Is this legal? Who cares anyway, I'm keeping him!!

+Quote Post
little_bear
post Sep 2 2005, 09:39 PM
Post #3

I could have written a short novel by this point

Group: Banned
Member No.: 1,378

Worry not, I may inhabit the body of a seventeen-year-old, but I have the jaded, cynical mind of a forty something. Thee are not alone.

But seriously, there are plenty of fogies around here.

--------------------
People should not be afraid of their governments, governments should be afraid of their people.

+Quote Post
funky fairy
post Sep 2 2005, 09:39 PM
Post #4

Worrying

I feel about 14, look about 94 and act about 3. I love being a numpty though!!!

--------------------
I am Cheesemooses noob!!

+Quote Post
{Gothic Angel}
post Sep 2 2005, 09:41 PM
Post #5

My direction

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 495

There's probably the biggest spread of ages on this forum that I've seen anywhere. It just happens that most of us littlies are on holiday atm, so we're posting more tongue.gif

And don't underestimate the ability of the average adolescent matazonian to have a mental age in cynicism and world-weariness of a 40-year old tongue.gif

I'm 17, for the record smile.gif

--------------------
Once opened consume within three days. Above post is not suitable for home freezing. Store in a cool, dry area.

+Quote Post
funky fairy
post Sep 2 2005, 09:42 PM
Post #6

Worrying

Gothic angel, I could be your mum. Now thats bloody scary!!!!!

--------------------
I am Cheesemooses noob!!

+Quote Post
bikerroc
post Sep 2 2005, 09:45 PM
Post #7

Super advanced member

Member No.: 1,986

OMG. Me too!!!!!!

--------------------
I've been adopted by a noobie. Is this legal? Who cares anyway, I'm keeping him!!

+Quote Post
Usurper MrTeapot
post Sep 2 2005, 10:08 PM
Post #8

Samauri Teapain

Member No.: 844

Bearing in mind you did start the post past 10pm when most of our lovely forumites are in bed, teeth in a little glass next to them. Its a bit unfair.

--------------------
@>-'--,--Cath and gothictheysay are my E-Teapotettes.@>-'--,--
Jaq and believe are my adopted Tea Spoons (wherever they are :'( )
"I am just a worthless liar, I am just an imbecile, I will only complicate you, trust in me and fall aswell."
A proud Viking never stops masturbating.
Taking over Matazone Forums since 2011.

+Quote Post
CommieBastard
post Sep 2 2005, 10:22 PM
Post #9

Remorseless posting machine

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 466

Where's Misty Rain been? Wasn't she 65 or something? Hey, she could be your mum, funky_fairy tongue.gif

--------------------
Every sort of expert knowledge and every inquiry, and similarly every action and undertaking, seems to seek some good. Because of that, people are right to affirm that the good is 'that which all things seek'...

+Quote Post
Ashbless
post Sep 2 2005, 11:29 PM
Post #10

Member No.: 1,112

Quoth(the Raven) is also older in years. Younger in spirit though. tongue.gif

I'm only 4 years behind you so I probably know what a fraggle is and remember pong when it first came out. laugh.gif

There's an irishman around the site who I believe is in his 40s. Not 100% sure on that though. huh.gif

--------------------
IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion, It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shaking, the shaking becomes a warning, It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. - SpeakertotheLost

+Quote Post
Kitty
post Sep 2 2005, 11:56 PM
Post #11

Professionally Unprofessional

Member No.: 580

Aww just cuz theres alot of youngins doesnt mean nothing!

Except some bad grammar at times....

I think I'm one of the youngest on here but I havent checked lately. Who's younger than 15? tongue.gif

From what I've noticed though most people on here are very mature and can talk about any of the stuff that the older ones talk about too!

QUOTE (Ashbless @ Sep 2 2005, 07:29 PM)
and remember pong when it first came out.  laugh.gif

Except for maybe that unsure.gif

--------------------
Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things that escape those who dream by night

+Quote Post
Quoth(The Raven)
post Sep 3 2005, 01:02 AM
Post #12

Meow!

Member No.: 1,296

Ah, yes, Pong. The most boring video game ever invented. At the time, though, it was nothing short of a miracle... blink.gif I remember playing that stupid game for... well, minutes on end...

wait for the little black square (Okay, so it was suppossed to be a ball... use you imaginations!) to Slowwllly Crrrooosss Thhhee Screeeeen, move your paddle (Actually a long black line... imagination again) to intercept the black square... The back square bounces (How a square could bounce is beyond me, but it did...)... and you wait... and wait.... and wait... for it to cross the screen, into your neighbor's territory, where they wait... and wait... and wait... and then move their little black line, bouncing the little square, and the whole thing starts again... unless you miss intercepting the square with the line... then your opponent scores one, and a new little black square comes bouncing out...

But then came the next generation of video game Pong... the "Ball" was a little rounder, the "Paddle" was shorted, and the "Ball" was one third faster! Wheee! are we having fun, yet?

and, as of last may, I am 45. Don't feel like it, though...

I also remember taking computer programming in the eighties... all that math, and then you had to punch little holes in cards. Then the computer would shuffle 'em like a Missippi riverboat Gambler... If you were lucky, and knew what you were doing... the computer might - might, mind you- draw you a little cartoon, or write out a joke... and all for five or six hours of work...

And, of course, if the cards got out of sequence, or damaged, or some of 'em got lost, you were SOL, and had to start over... If your Math didn't hold up, or the logical progression of input was off (Don't ask), all you'd get is a confused computer, and an Irate instructor....

It's so much better, today... you can do all of the above, without the math, and without the cards... and come up with your end product... an Irate instructor... in seconds!

--------------------
Arthur, Gwen, and Quoth...Onwards to 4000 posts!Quoth is Cath's noob - what was she thinking?:)Duckflaps!Watch out for low flying kittens!'Dance, Monkey, Dance!' Well, this monkey don't dance no more!Never say 'die'... except as a command! I adopted Insaneperc!What kind of fool do you take me for? I don't know. How many kinds are there?

+Quote Post
Feyliya
post Sep 3 2005, 02:06 AM
Post #13

It's not junk in the trunk, it's precious cargo.

Member No.: 380

I'm going to be 20 this October. Of course, mentally I've been a cynical 40-year-old since I was about 7....

And I may not know Pong, but I do know Atari! It was the only game console I grew up with (I wouldn't have had it, either, if I hadn't been given it for free). Gawd, I spent months of my life on Atari Pinball.

--------------------
Irish is my special e-stalker. I leave the blinds open for him. :P // I'm the designated keeper of sobreity. Jell-o Shooters anyone? // I will always have fond memories of Leo's big banana and Cheese's sexy penguin. // I am the all powerful Ish Witch! ::insert evil cackle here:: // ALL HAIL PURSTHULHU!
@_@ You will not write secret messages. You will not write secret messages... @_@

+Quote Post
PsychWardMike
post Sep 3 2005, 04:13 AM
Post #14

I'm attracted by the potential for reckless abuse of power.

Member No.: 1,105

I don't know what the hell I am. I'm 17 but I look 21 and can act anywhere from a five year old child to a cynical old man and everywhere in between.

--------------------
I'm just a Viewtiful Girl living in a Viewtiful World.
Henshin a-go-go, baby.

I swear to God, the above post was not intended to incite flame wars or to offend you.

+Quote Post
funky fairy
post Sep 3 2005, 08:00 AM
Post #15

Worrying

I feel so much better now, thanks you old lot!!!

I'm 37, and have a 13 year old daughter and a 9 year old son, so I tend to know what the young 'uns are talking about. And I remember Pong.

I'm also well into the 80's cos I was a teenager then, and they were the best times ever.
Well, I have to go to work now. Time to act like a grown up for a couple of hours!!!

--------------------
I am Cheesemooses noob!!

+Quote Post
Moosh
post Sep 3 2005, 09:15 AM
Post #16

I plug directly into my computer

Member No.: 1,488

I may be 15 but I own an Atari 2600. I think the youngest member is little_twit at 10 or there abouts?

--------------------
QUOTE (Peter Griffin)
Math, my dear boy, is nothing more than the lesbian sister of biology.

+Quote Post
mooooooooooopo
post Sep 3 2005, 11:27 AM
Post #17

: P>

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 991

Pish! Forget the Atari. ZX Spectrum > *

>_>

I'm 21 and somehow have 3 of them even though it came out 2 years before me.

--------------------
I am Candice's asw emo e-husband, real life actual husband and all around awesome person, Funked)Out_Frogg's e-paramour. Snugglebum's harem slave. Candice and gothictheysay are my e-pimps.

+Quote Post
bryden42
post Sep 3 2005, 12:30 PM
Post #18

Flash Gordon Wannabe

Member No.: 1,984

I am 28 (29 in 35 days) and i remember pong, i own 2 atari 2600 and an atari 2600 emulator for my pc. Does anyone remember the game frostbite? 'twas my favourite. I have very little care for my age or anyone elses for that matter. That is the beauty of the internet, the ability to de-segment the individual and let them stand as a personailty rather than a collection of statistics, there are lots of bad points too but I like that aspect. Hell i could be a 13 year old girl for all you know laugh.gif

--------------------
I like your house... can I come in!
S P A N G L E D by Faerieryn

what I do when I have too much time on my hands My Devart page

+Quote Post
Ashbless
post Sep 3 2005, 02:44 PM
Post #19

Member No.: 1,112

That is the beauty. You're judged by your words and quality of posts. I remember being very impressed with a poster's argument in issues (though I now forget which topic), looking up the person in members, and finding they were quite a bit younger than I am.
In RL I may not have listened to their argument due to their age. I'd've tried to link wisdom and age. I would've missed out on an impressive train of thought.
Does that make any sense? huh.gif laugh.gif

I think little twit (10) is the youngest at the moment but I could be wrong.

--------------------
IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion, It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shaking, the shaking becomes a warning, It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. - SpeakertotheLost

+Quote Post
Mata
post Sep 3 2005, 02:46 PM
Post #20

'Trouble Down Pit' now online!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

I'm also 28 but I often feel like a funky grandfather on here: I've got a lot of old-fashioned attitudes about things like respect and communication, but without too much distance from being young and learning those things the hard way.

K!77y, you might have been among the youngest on the site when you started visiting years ago, but I think you're definitely straying into the average age these days. You're getting old! biggrin.gif

And yes, Misty Rain is the oldest member I know about, but some of her topics make even me blush a little! This said, there may be older members, they just haven't mentioned it.

--------------------
Trouble Down Pit: Still updated every Monday and Friday
The Matazone Games blog
The Matazone Shop The Matazone Blog
The Matazone Corset Shop: Snobz corsets at 10% off their recommended price!

+Quote Post
depressed lonely...
post Sep 3 2005, 03:06 PM
Post #21

Depressed, Lonely and getting crazier by the day!

Member No.: 1,469

And yes, Misty Rain is the oldest member I know about, but some of her topics make even me blush a little! This said, there may be older members, they just haven't mentioned it.

Would those be the table enders or the licking yogurt off of shoes in a corset?

--------------------
Vote Brian Molko for ruler of the whole world in 2007
I'm only wearing black till they make something darker
There's no I in team but there is a ME if you re-arange the letters!

+Quote Post
Snugglebum the D...
post Sep 3 2005, 03:18 PM
Post #22

F*cking with the best since 1996

Member No.: 962

QUOTE (depressed lonely crazy person @ Sep 3 2005, 04:06 PM)

Would those be the table enders or the licking yogurt off of shoes in a corset?

Not to turn it into a Misty Rain appreciation topic but my personal favourite was the pubes in the plaster comment. Priceless. wink.gif

--------------------
Art should be an expression of what humanity is capable of imagining - not limited to representing that which surrounds us - Demetrios Vakras
funked)out_frog is my special Harem slave
Harem count: Markslut, xkitsurabamix, Black - Wings, Candice, Moop, Daedalus, The Lorax, Franken - Sarah, Artemisia, Cath, Wyvern, Saucy Tara, PsychWardMike, JimiJimi, Fallen Element, Smiler, Korbin Dallas, laenan kite, Valerie, Faerieryn, trunk_girl26, Sir Psycho Sexy, Steam Roxxor, pgrmdave, monkey_called_narth

+Quote Post
Righteous
post Sep 3 2005, 05:03 PM
Post #23

Shut up, noob!

Member No.: 367

That's one thing I like about this forum. There's a wide-ass range of ages here. It brings a lot of color to the place.

I hang out with people of varying ages IRL, some in their early to mid teens, some old enough to be my parents. I will admit, though, I am the oldest in my larping group and the band I perform with. It's all a question of maturity. Silver Star Angel is more mature than a lot of cats my age or older IRL and OL. A lot of my fans (yes, Tragick has fans) are in their early teens, but they "get" what I write and sing, which shows maturity to me.

My thesis: Maturity is what really matters, the range of ages adds color and I'm really tired from staying up until 4:30.

--------------------
With every breath...and all that I am...I will make a stand...until the end.

+Quote Post
Cath Sparrow
post Sep 4 2005, 05:52 PM
Post #24

I've been brainwashed

Group: Admin
Member No.: 526

I'm coming up to 30 but alot of the people round here act alot older than I ever do and certainly know alot more than I do. Very occassionly I feel old compared to some of them but that very rarly happens. So trust me when I say forget about your age when you come on here it's not a good point of referance for comparison.

--------------------
How would you feel about life if Death was your older sister? You're only young once but you can stay immature indefinetly!!!!

+Quote Post
Wyvern
post Sep 4 2005, 05:57 PM
Post #25

sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes the bug

Member No.: 1,348

Well I'd hardly class myself as mature but I am 24, look about 12 and intersperse silliness with the odd period of almost sanity, does that count?

--------------------
[CENTER]Proud participator in the Noob adoption sharing scheme.
Trial specimen: Raevnkite.
Progress:Progressing Nicely

Tribe Wyvern:Come visit!
Im Irishguys Pockety Pet!!!
[/CENTER]
Maps alter your perceptions, confuse your mind and make familiar things seem very strange and thats before you unpack the compass...

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd October 2017 - 07:06 PM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!