Reply to this topicStart new topic
> I found Mata's secret animation stash!, http://www.matazone.co.uk/swffiles/
Jatopian
post Sep 5 2005, 04:14 PM
Post #1

Only posts when he's something to say.

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 1,933

ph34r.gif I opened it while seeking to save my favorite SWFs to my PC. It has several animations which I can find no link to in the 'site proper'. Among these:
Several nuts-and-bolts applications for the site.
Several things which make 0 sense to me.
Standalone musical tracks.
Textful animations about apparently random people.
Falling "A short story about creation and people"
The Bunny of Love Apparently made for chain emails.
Inn on the Green Rather disturbing short...
A Lost Mittens & Snowdrop Animation Mittens turns 1! So does Snowdrop, but Mittens cares not.
Mr. Snaffleburger Special Message Mata attempts to reconcile a couple via Flash. Can we get a big "Awwwww..."?

Apologies if I wasted everyone's time. unsure.gif

--------------------
The fansite quiz says I am Mr. Snaffleburger. The fansite quiz is easily manipulated.
"How fine you look when dressed in rage. Your enemies are fortunate that your condition is not permanent. And you're lucky too; red eyes suit so few." -Cheshire Cat, American Mcgee's Alice
"Didn't anyone tell them that it's in the darkness that you see the stars?" -Sarah, "Little Goth Girl: Open Mike Night"
QUOTE(Witless @ Oct 3 2005, 02:16 AM)
My advice, stick to aliens.. they have appendages of all shapes and sizes! Something there for everyone!
[right][snapback]315520[/snapback][/right]
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
CrazyFooIAintGet...
post Sep 5 2005, 04:57 PM
Post #2

Has been kidnapped by gerbils and forced to post on here repeatedly

Member No.: 606

"Falling" is part of the webart bit cool.gif

--------------------
Kung fu fighting from 25th April 2010

+Quote Post
CommieBastard
post Sep 5 2005, 05:19 PM
Post #3

Remorseless posting machine

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 466

Ah yes, I've seen some of those - I remember finding the lost Mittens and Snowdrop one while poking around in the site's directories. Hadn't seen some of the others though. Good job!

--------------------
Every sort of expert knowledge and every inquiry, and similarly every action and undertaking, seems to seek some good. Because of that, people are right to affirm that the good is 'that which all things seek'...

+Quote Post
Phyllis
post Sep 5 2005, 08:33 PM
Post #4

Candbrush Threepwood

Member No.: 345

I know I've seen the bunny of love one before...I think it used to be linked on the main site aaages ago.

--------------------
I love you in a way that is mystical and eternal and illegal in 20 states.

+Quote Post
Astarael
post Sep 5 2005, 09:01 PM
Post #5

Browncoat

Member No.: 1,958

Why aren't these in the main site? I can understand not adding the Mr. Snaffleburger as it's meant for one person, and the Inn on the Green is a bit odd, but the rest are quite good. I love Mitten's and Snowdrop's birthday. It's very cute and I just watched it several times. Give these animations to your loyal peons, Mata! Put them on the main page when a regular animation is running behind schedule, and the world shall rejoice! biggrin.gif

--------------------
Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all. ~Morpheus, King of Dreams
I am a leaf on the wind. See me soar.
IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image

+Quote Post
Don'tMakeMeB...
post Sep 6 2005, 12:06 AM
Post #6

Super advanced member

Member No.: 1,624

I've definitely seen the Bunny of Love before. I love the Mittens one, but I suppose Mata has his own reasons for not posting it on his site. Therefore we ought to badger him until he gives in to shut us up.

+Quote Post
silvermoon
post Sep 6 2005, 01:37 AM
Post #7

Worrying

Group: New Members
Member No.: 1,943

Aw, great animations! I chuckled over The Inn and the Green, even though I'm not entirely sure why. The Mitten's was great, as always. Is there any particular reason these aren't on the main site?

--------------------
Kiss me, I'm draconian!I belong to SPEAKERfortheLOST! Fear us!Tisiphone is my wonderful flying kitten!

+Quote Post
Mata
post Sep 6 2005, 01:57 AM
Post #8

'Trouble Down Pit' now online!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Several nuts-and-bolts applications for the site: nuff said
Several things which make 0 sense to me: probably very old things
Standalone musical tracks: I've tried various different methods of putting sound on animations, so sometimes I've split off tracks for loading reasons.
Textful animations about apparently random people: see the webart section
Falling "A short story about creation and people": webart again. That was my first ever Flash animation!
The Bunny of Love Apparently made for chain emails: it was officially on the site for a while but when I last redesigned the place I decided it was rubbish so removed the link
Inn on the Green Rather disturbing short...: that was from a ten minute animation contest on another website. I think it came third, or first... Something like that.
A Lost Mittens & Snowdrop Animation Mittens turns 1! So does Snowdrop, but Mittens cares not: I decided it just wasn't funny enough, so never made that one public. I really did make it on Mittens' first birthday, many years ago.
Mr. Snaffleburger Special Message Mata attempts to reconcile a couple via Flash. Can we get a big "Awwwww..."?: As far as I know it didn't work, but I figured that I'd be cold hearted if I didn't help out after a girl's desperate plea.

So there you go.

--------------------
Trouble Down Pit: Still updated every Monday and Friday
The Matazone Games blog
The Matazone Shop The Matazone Blog
The Matazone Corset Shop: Snobz corsets at 10% off their recommended price!

+Quote Post
JimiJimi
post Sep 6 2005, 04:05 PM
Post #9

I'm afraid I'm back.

Member No.: 1,308

Mata works in mysterious ways...

Yay! Distrubing animations and stuff! Who knows what else lurks in the depths of the servers? Well, Mata I suppose... but that's beside the point!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jatopian
post Sep 7 2005, 11:33 PM
Post #10

Only posts when he's something to say.

Member No.: 1,933

Oops. I completely missed the webart section.
Of those things which made no sense was a video of someone, apparently Mata, moving his head nearer and further from a staticky camera, while some god-awful noise repeated in the background.
I never did figure out how to get "Mountain" to play its music automatically...
I liked "Falling".
Mata probably remodeled the site after Little Goth Girl's house once that series became popular, that being why it is so mysteriously deep and complex.

--------------------
The fansite quiz says I am Mr. Snaffleburger. The fansite quiz is easily manipulated.
"How fine you look when dressed in rage. Your enemies are fortunate that your condition is not permanent. And you're lucky too; red eyes suit so few." -Cheshire Cat, American Mcgee's Alice
"Didn't anyone tell them that it's in the darkness that you see the stars?" -Sarah, "Little Goth Girl: Open Mike Night"
QUOTE(Witless @ Oct 3 2005, 02:16 AM)
My advice, stick to aliens.. they have appendages of all shapes and sizes! Something there for everyone!
[right][snapback]315520[/snapback][/right]

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd October 2017 - 06:41 AM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!