IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules 
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Back To School, Whats Your First Impression?
Kitty
post Sep 6 2005, 08:34 PM
Post #1

Professionally Unprofessional

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 580

Just got home from my first day of school ready to burst into tears. Not because it was a bad day or anything, it was a great day. My teachers seem pretty cool, my English teacher likes me, my History teacher shares the same name as me and she seems like she's good at getting the class motivated, and my math teacher is known for being cool and teaching in very different ways....

All of this makes me EXTREAMLY happy. That and I have lunch with allooott of friends and people I can mooch food off of rolleyes.gif

I'm not too happy about being in German this year but my teacher is nice enough and all....

The one thing that just had to bring down the whole day is the busrides to and from school. In the morning I discovered that they changed my rout and all the people on the bus are either the freshmen from last year who I never talked to (nothing in common) or the new freshmen who are extreamly obnoxious and talk like they're in a loud room when the bus is absolutley silent. Same way on the way home, but they decided they were just so awesomely cool and took the back seats which is traditionally where I sit.

Buggers.

And to add to it it took 45 minutes longer to get to school this morning and this afternoon it was about 15 minutes longer which isnt too too bad I suppose.... The bus driver drives like a nervous 15 year old when they first get their license. They press the peddle down too hard at first and then flip out when the car moves and lets go. But she does this over and over and over again and its going to drive me crazy.

Nice little rant there.... Sorry about that tongue.gif

But I'm wondering how your days went and if you think it'll be tolerable for the rest of the year

--------------------
Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things that escape those who dream by night
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
gothictheysay
post Sep 7 2005, 12:34 AM
Post #2

living in your basement, eating your candy hearts

Member No.: 959

Well, I just moved to a new place, so I'm currently wandering around trying not to burst into tears of fright. >_< So I'll live... with a lot of adjusting.

I'm not too happy about being in German this year but my teacher is nice enough and all....

What! Not happy about German? Let me have your class. They don't have German here but I took a year of it and I want to continue it. sad.gif

--------------------
Being corrupted by candice since 2004
teal and orange is the way forward

+Quote Post
voices_in_my_hea...
post Sep 7 2005, 01:52 AM
Post #3

If my woman were a fire...

Member No.: 1,473

It's nice enough.
Most of my teachers are really nice, but... My World History teacher is quite possibly the pickiest person in the world... But I'll live. Somehow. biggrin.gif

But this year, when I look around at all the 7th graders, I think "We couldn't have possibly have been that small and obnoxius, could we?"

--------------------
Her dignity shone so bright like a light on a hill
and she burned for me, no other man came near her flame.
Bad country songs - the deafening twang of the rich white kid blues.
You can own the strange, but the lights and glares will not make you real.

+Quote Post
Kitty
post Sep 7 2005, 02:00 AM
Post #4

I know how you feel.... But 8th grade was one of my favoritest years!

One thing I learned today is not to expect much out of people.... just let things come to you and dont make prior jugements because if you do and things end up wrong it tends to make (me anyway) stressed. But then you gotta worry about becoming jaded and all in all.... Just wear headphones and blast music to tune out the freshmen's babbling.... argh.

--------------------
Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things that escape those who dream by night

+Quote Post
voices_in_my_hea...
post Sep 7 2005, 02:27 AM
Post #5

Just a thought but.... Maybe you should ask your Bus driver to see their driver's license?

I did that once to a subsitute driver... They just gave me the glare, which made me wonder whether they had a licencse or not...

--------------------

+Quote Post
LoLo
post Sep 7 2005, 03:05 PM
Post #6

Kiefer > Jason

Group: Admin
Member No.: 51

/me feels old for posting in here but oh well...

I love my school, the entire campus is wireless ready so I can sit outside and chat while eating my lunch from one of the many mini resteraunts on campus!

The only down side is I'm here all day and I have a lot of huge breaks, but that's where the wireless ready campus comes in handy.

My professors for the most part seem really nice and funny. Last week I actually left one class with my sides hurting because I had laughed so much. Who knew yogurt adds could be so side splittingly funny? I guess when you get a room with 120 design students critiquing a very bad add, that this is what happens.

--------------------

Being Pimped By Aries Since 2003

+Quote Post
Mittens322
post Sep 7 2005, 08:07 PM
Post #7

Hoo-ha!

Member No.: 1,929

I knew, from the moment I walked into the door, that this scoolyear is going to suck. And so far it has.

--------------------
Been to the funny farm lately? I have!
FF doesn't mean Final Fantasy.
!SLIPKNOT RULES! KoRn, too.
Go to hell.

+Quote Post
Mittens322
post Sep 7 2005, 08:10 PM
Post #8

Hoo-ha!

Member No.: 1,929

The first week, my racist bus driver took my Nintendo DS. Last week, two more people took my DS. This is the fourth week of school and already my DS has been confiscated three times!

--------------------
Been to the funny farm lately? I have!
FF doesn't mean Final Fantasy.
!SLIPKNOT RULES! KoRn, too.
Go to hell.

+Quote Post
Daria
post Sep 7 2005, 09:51 PM
Post #9

Wait for the uprising

Member No.: 1,735

Err... Don't take your DS out with you?
biggrin.gif Sorry, couldn't help myself tongue.gif
This school year is ok I suppose- same old same old, but with a better Biology teacher to replace the last one who unfortunately died in the summer (she was only in her 40's...) and a bit more freedom.
But I still can't wait to get out of there! biggrin.gif

--------------------
We are unraveling our navels so that we may ingest the sun.

DARIA IZ GOOD ON TOAST

TOAST IZ GOOD ON DARIA

+Quote Post
Greeneyes
post Sep 7 2005, 09:58 PM
Post #10

The Key of Joy is disobedience.

Member No.: 1,102

I can't say I mind school generally. I like being productive, at least. However, the timetabling for sixth form at our school got royally screwed up this year. Currently, I have computing and psychology lessons at the same time, two lessons after school hours, a lesson where PE session should be, which is likely getting moved to a lunchtime, as well as lessons in rooms they don't belong (such as physics in a food technology room instead of a lab). And this is after it was 'fixed'.

I can't say I'm awfully fond of my new schedule.

--------------------
Waiting for a superhero intervention

+Quote Post
tv with legs
post Sep 7 2005, 10:05 PM
Post #11

Has too much time on their hands

Member No.: 1,885

GAH!!! lucky!! iw ould bein eight but my parents held me back!!!

--------------------
WHEN THERES NOTHING LEFT TO BURN YOU HAVE TO SET YOUR SELF ON FIRE
\"IPB
4%32&6^

+Quote Post
Samorine
post Sep 7 2005, 11:26 PM
Post #12

Bump 'n' grind, Ciaran!

Member No.: 1,649

I am absolutely in love with my new college. It's fantastic.

The people are lovely, the resources are fantastic, the place is all clean and looks good... I'm really enjoying my lessons. All of it's fantastic. I've made a lot of new friends and even learned about a new board game.

I've been there three days and I'm worrying about when I'm going to leave!

--------------------

+Quote Post
{Gothic Angel}
post Sep 8 2005, 04:07 PM
Post #13

My direction

Member No.: 495

QUOTE (Greeneyes @ Sep 7 2005, 09:58 PM)
I can't say I mind school generally. I like being productive, at least. However, the timetabling for sixth form at our school got royally screwed up this year. Currently, I have computing and psychology lessons at the same time, two lessons after school hours, a lesson where PE session should be, which is likely getting moved to a lunchtime, as well as lessons in rooms they don't belong (such as physics in a food technology room instead of a lab). And this is after it was 'fixed'.

I can't say I'm awfully fond of my new schedule.

Whoawhoawhoa, they're not making us do PE this year, are they? I thought that was only mandatory for year 12? I have Chemistry timetabled for that time, and I'm buggered if I'm doing my favourite subject in a lunchtime lesson.

And, yes. Similar feelings, really. I've been moved groups for chemistry about five or six times in 2 days. I have Biology in a tech room, which I'm pretty sure is a food tech room. I haven't been timetabled for Spanish at all, and it's looking pretty likely to be three lunchtimes a week. I have four lessons a week with the same biology teacher, whose class I requested to be moved from because, frankly, he's useless. And I *still* have an after school maths lesson, despite the fact everyone in the class and the teacher all have a free period in the same time.

On the other hand, I haven't been buggered around nearly so badly as my friends, cos I only did three subjects this year. *Hugs Greeneyes* And I have lots of frees to do my homework in.

--------------------
Once opened consume within three days. Above post is not suitable for home freezing. Store in a cool, dry area.

+Quote Post
Kitty
post Sep 9 2005, 01:39 AM
Post #14

Mmm.... I decided today I really dont want to be in my German class. We got our first assignment and its right after summer and none of us remember ANYTHING from last year.... and she gives us a page from our textbook with like a bajillion questions written in all German and I dont understand a single word of them and she's no help.

I'm really upset because dad said "Awwww, poor babyyyy! Take your German class *patpat*" And they already refused to change my schedule, but they'd have to accept a parents proposal for such a thing and my parents are refusing and I'm so FRUSTRATED cuz I know I'm not going to learn ANYTHING this year and its going to bring my GPA down and BLAH!

I want to cry =(

--------------------

+Quote Post
voices_in_my_hea...
post Sep 9 2005, 01:59 AM
Post #15

*hugs*

You never know, Maybe it's just one of those teachers that makes everything super hard on the first few days and then it all lightens up. Or have you already had this teacher before?

I don't know about your school, but at mine, If any class is too hard for you, or if it's really bringing down your grade, They let you change classes.

--------------------

+Quote Post
{Gothic Angel}
post Sep 9 2005, 03:28 PM
Post #16

My direction

Have you considered asking on here? I know for a fact there's at least one person who did German GCSE on here and would be willing, if not 100% able to dig out her notes and help smile.gif

--------------------
Once opened consume within three days. Above post is not suitable for home freezing. Store in a cool, dry area.

+Quote Post
vicrawr
post Sep 9 2005, 04:17 PM
Post #17

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 374

I always go back to school wondering if I belong there at all. Three weeks in and I've already been dropped from one of my classes. I assume the next one will be this or next week.

+Quote Post
I_am_the_best
post Sep 9 2005, 07:36 PM
Post #18

Dirty Laundry

Member No.: 1,573

First day was on tuesday. It started off pretty bad because I was having computer withdrawel symptoms, so I was in a ratty mood. My new form tutor, although a slight improvement on my last, is really illogical in everything he does and doesn't know how to control the class. I have to go now... I shall continue this post tomorrow....

--------------------
Emma <3 James <3
"Music is a moral law. It gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, a charm to sadness, gaiety and life to everything. It is the essence of order, and leads to all that is good, just and beautiful, of which it is the invisible, but nevertheless dazzling, passionate, and eternal form." - Plato

+Quote Post
symphony
post Sep 13 2005, 07:51 PM
Post #19

Learn Japanese: おまえしね

Group: New Members
Member No.: 1,896

School has been good all things considered. It could be worse or it could be better. More towards the worse end of the scale I cut my hand with a piece of glass in stained glass. It kept bleeding every so often. On the good end, one of my friends (not sure anymore if were friends anymore) joined the same class. happy.gif; So much Irony.

--------------------
user posted image

G O WEST

+Quote Post
Marriegold
post Sep 13 2005, 08:35 PM
Post #20

Super advanced member

Member No.: 1,948

Havenít been well enough to go back yet. When I do I will properly scar my friends and show them my mad, loud personality has not changed. I will scare them by running up to them and giving all my friends a huge hug, get to meet all the people that dislike me (itís quite amusing actually). Then remind all my friends how they owe me a game of chess! Oh yes and going back to my drama class in school, so much fun! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Silver Star Ange...
post Sep 13 2005, 11:58 PM
Post #21

The Six Train.

Member No.: 636

That's kind of how I felt when I got home...I have some great classes. Just too many of them.

My general first impression was, "Wow. Those freshmen sure are tiny."

--------------------
THE DREAM POLICE. D:
I am proudly e-married to Fluffy, I am honored to be the little sister of Righteous, and Lord of Darness is always on my mind. Smallcuteanddeadly is my noob! Yay!
Fear the wrath of my dragon, Lord Baltimore! I am willing to fight; I am a soldier of love. Speaker for the Lost is my e-pimp. Lol.

+Quote Post
elphaba2
post Sep 18 2005, 02:46 AM
Post #22

Lord of the Keys

Member No.: 1,329

All the freshman where I am are mammoths. Absolute mammoths. It's disgusting.

An typical moment at my school: the Drama teacher desperately wants people to call him "Mr. G" and has resorted to speaking only in the third person in dire hopes that someone, anyone, will catch on.

This is the first indicator that my school is not very good.

Second would be that my global teacher has the funny habit of treating me like some odd alien that wandered into her class, overpraising things like the fact that I can _read_.

It's all duly recorded in my ratty notebook as I sit in the back corner of each class, alternetely biting and painting my fingernails (black. Deep black.), all whilst bemoaning the darkness and demons inhabiting my middle-class, suburbian, decently budgeted high school. Occasionally I hiss.

--------------------
can I kiss your dopamine?
In a way I wonder if she's living in a magazine

+Quote Post
Twitching
post Sep 18 2005, 08:34 PM
Post #23

like peppermint aftertaste

Member No.: 714

I'm in love with my college. (First year, finally on my own away from home, in the city.) <insert generic gushing about everything here>

Plus I got to move to Philadelphia. Yay!

(And hey, look, I'm not dead and I'm posting. Yay! >.< for random disappearances)

--------------------
Medae is my n00b!

Oink!

+Quote Post
Wiseacre
post Sep 21 2005, 11:26 PM
Post #24

Super advanced member

Member No.: 1,650

I'm too old to be in school, but work sucks. At least with school there is an end. There is no end, once you're in the working world. No summers to look forward to. Just the weekend, and they're making me work those too, lately...

+Quote Post
{Gothic Angel}
post Sep 22 2005, 04:21 PM
Post #25

My direction

All the littlies in my school are taller than me. Including the year 8s (4-5 years younger than me) in the group I'm supposed to be mentoring. It's so embarrassing. For years and years I was in awe of 6th formers, and always got out of their way and stuff. Since I've been here they just walk into me cos they're all huge. >.<

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th October 2017 - 04:44 PM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!