Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Respect, Forumites you respect but don't know
kisah
post Sep 12 2005, 04:04 PM
Post #1

Obsessive

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 337

So I was just reading through some threads and thinking about the people who's posts I've found I really respect but who I know nothing about.

Today it was PsychWardMike, it just seems like the more stuff I read from this guy the more I respect his point of view. Even / especially if it's not my own point of view.

However, it seems like I don't know anything about him and the only way I know to get to know people on here is to start a thread that might be interesting to them.

There are other forumites I respect but don't know, I just happened to be thinking of him today. Maybe tomorrow I'll find another one.

--------------------
_colors and witty words and sirens with bells and lights that make my posts look unique like everyone elses!_
Sorry, the Retro Grouch stole my inspiration...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
CommieBastard
post Sep 12 2005, 05:22 PM
Post #2

Remorseless posting machine

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 466

Increasingly, K!77Y seems a groovy person, but I can't remember if I've ever even replied to one of her posts...

--------------------
Every sort of expert knowledge and every inquiry, and similarly every action and undertaking, seems to seek some good. Because of that, people are right to affirm that the good is 'that which all things seek'...

+Quote Post
LoLo
post Sep 12 2005, 08:13 PM
Post #3

Kiefer > Jason

Group: Admin
Member No.: 51

Currently I am fascinated by Matthew, bryden42, and Witless. They have interesting posts, but I don't know them. Then again lately I don't know that many people on here much anymore anyway. *sobs* I'm stuck in a rut where the only people I know are the ones who come to IRC when I happen to be able to get on there, and even then some people I hardly know. God I'm in a weird mood. laugh.gif

--------------------

Being Pimped By Aries Since 2003

+Quote Post
Ashbless
post Sep 12 2005, 09:26 PM
Post #4

I could have written a short novel by this point

Member No.: 1,112

I always enjoy 'hearing' what Righteous has to say. Quoth and most of the Matabar/Tribe bunch are also well worth a read. I feel Mata is also a good person to mention in this thread.

I've only ever spoke RL to one forumite (B.I.C.) and I've never met him in person.

--------------------
IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion, It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shaking, the shaking becomes a warning, It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. - SpeakertotheLost

+Quote Post
PsychWardMike
post Sep 12 2005, 10:13 PM
Post #5

I'm attracted by the potential for reckless abuse of power.

Member No.: 1,105

That's an easy one. Jonman and Mata. Good God those two are bright. Everytime I say something, they know exactly what to say back to put me in my place and I think I need that.

There's a lot of people on this list, so I'll do it in incriments.

(Though special shout outs to the one's I've met in real life which are King Andrč, trunks_girl126, pgrmdave, beccareb, Commie Bastard, and artist.unknown.)

EDIT: And damnit! I almost forgot Ri! He's mah brother!

This post has been edited by PsychWardMike: Sep 13 2005, 06:19 PM

--------------------
I'm just a Viewtiful Girl living in a Viewtiful World.
Henshin a-go-go, baby.

I swear to God, the above post was not intended to incite flame wars or to offend you.

+Quote Post
Tarantio
post Sep 12 2005, 10:26 PM
Post #6

NyanNyanNyan

Member No.: 191

I could be wrong, but I don't think I've spoken much with Quoth since my unhappy inception in this forsaken place. I probably am wrong, as many people can testify to having held conversations with me one night and then having their name forgotten the next weekend (I struggle with real names, and then there's forum names, IRC names, real life names and all the other stuff to confuzzle me with).

But yeah, anyway, a shout out to Quoth from me for the upbeat, intriguing and non-crappy-attention-grabbing-newbie-emo-buggery posts that I've been reading. Most of the other people I really go out of my way to respect I already know, and some others I haven't had too much contact with, but Quoth would be the one that's stood out most to me recently.

Oh dear, I do hope this doesn't become another ego-feeding thread rolleyes.gif

--------------------
When, will I, will I be famous?

I CAN'T ANSWER THAT, I CAN'T ANSWER THAT.

-Tara and DACE sing is available from DACETRON ltd.

+Quote Post
mooooooooooopo
post Sep 12 2005, 10:35 PM
Post #7

: P>

Member No.: 991

Matameets have caused a problem here - most of the people I admire I've now met in real life. Lo is cool and has good taste in stuff, as do/are trunks_girl26 and GothicTheySay. Oni is my BSD obsessive protege.

Murp. They're all IRC people so I'm not sure if they count either.

--------------------
I am Candice's asw emo e-husband, real life actual husband and all around awesome person, Funked)Out_Frogg's e-paramour. Snugglebum's harem slave. Candice and gothictheysay are my e-pimps.

+Quote Post
trunks_girl26
post Sep 12 2005, 11:50 PM
Post #8

o_O

Member No.: 1,229

QUOTE (moop @ Sep 12 2005, 10:35 PM)
Matameets have caused a problem here - most of the people I admire I've now met in real life. Lo is cool and has good taste in stuff, as do/are trunks_girl26 and GothicTheySay. Oni is my BSD obsessive protege.

Murp. They're all IRC people so I'm not sure if they count either.

pfft. If I count in Mike's I certainly count in yours. (ego +2 happy.gif)

Anyway, I'd have to say Witless gets my respect as being an intellegent n00b. There are many many more (general IRC people, forumites I've met in real life, and the more notable issues posters who also have my respect), but Witless sticks out as the most recent.

--------------------
The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love, and be loved in return -Moulin Rouge
"Religion is a finger pointing ot the moon, but some people confuse the finger with the moon."
Truth is subjectivity - Kierkegaard
"I don't know anything; I never knew anything, but now I know I don't know"
"The important thing isn't to know Jesus, Mohamed or Buddah, but to know what they know"

+Quote Post
Sir Psycho Sexy
post Sep 12 2005, 11:58 PM
Post #9

Technically a giant, intellectual midget.

Member No.: 197

QUOTE (Tarantio @ Sep 12 2005, 10:26 PM)
Oh dear, I do hope this doesn't become another ego-feeding thread  rolleyes.gif

nobody loves me!!

/emo

Umm...lemme think, Wookie...oh wait, I've met him...well there's...no, met them too...well you know who you are...and...stuff... unsure.gif

--------------------
He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

+Quote Post
Mata
post Sep 13 2005, 12:29 AM
Post #10

'Trouble Down Pit' now online!

Member No.: 1

Well, for new people on here, it's got to be Bryden42 and Witless. Both have either started interesting topics or joined in intelligently with existing ones. I don't think I'm really allowed to say Matthew because he's one of my best friends, so I don't think he counts!

I know a lot of people on here (obviously) and it's always nice to see new people getting directly into the spirit of the place. It's always hard to keep up with all of the regulars, so there will always be people who I feel I should know better, but I'm sure in time that will happen.

--------------------
Trouble Down Pit: Still updated every Monday and Friday
The Matazone Games blog
The Matazone Shop The Matazone Blog
The Matazone Corset Shop: Snobz corsets at 10% off their recommended price!

+Quote Post
Calantyr
post Sep 13 2005, 03:14 AM
Post #11

Perfection Personified

Member No.: 1,548

Off the top of my head, Mr Teapot, CommieBastard, Jonman, Mata, CheeseMoose, and little_bear.

Probably more. If I've taken time to respond to one of your posts then I probably respect you. biggrin.gif

--------------------
"Too often Fate,
By all abhorred,
To savage poison,
Adds the sword"
- Boethius, The Concillations of Philosophy

+Quote Post
Pikasyuu
post Sep 13 2005, 03:24 AM
Post #12

suggestive cupcake

Member No.: 260

Commie is certainly first on the list. He makes being intelligent, constantly wity, and a virtual thesaurus look like a piece of cake. *keff* Believe, of course, since I haven't gotten along with someone whose view is so very different from mine in quite a while, psychwardmike, which is obvious. I hesitate to say LittleBear since he seems to ruffle quite a few feathers, but on occasion, he does make me laugh aloud. Sorry anyone offended by that. ;)

I'll have to cruise around some more and see who else. I haven't been here in so long that there are a fair amount of posts I have to read, aren't there?

--------------------
i'm like oh kimosabe,
your body is my hobby

the official 'you bitch' count: a whole lot
last updated 11/05

+Quote Post
believe
post Sep 13 2005, 04:46 AM
Post #13

the token conservative

Member No.: 1,594

CommieBastard, syuu, Jonman, Mata and MrTeapot. ..I keep thinking of more people too. >.> Apparently the majority of you are just spiffy.

--------------------
Mr.Teapot is my e-daddy, Jaq is my e-sister and Vic is my e-husband! syuu is our e-daughter.

Pit Bulls & BSL Urban Legends Fight BSL

We must always fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil that we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men.
- The Boondock Saints

Ange is the devil on my shoulder.

+Quote Post
Righteous
post Sep 13 2005, 05:39 AM
Post #14

Shut up, noob!

Member No.: 367

I can't think of just a few people that I find respectable in regards to posting. I know there has been at least one point where a regular has made a post that has gotten a positive reaction out of me, be it a smile, a laugh or somethng to chew on for a while. The Matazonians I've talked to outside of the boards have always been a good scource of thought and convo. Lo is the best rantor I know. Believe has some interesting perscpectives spiritually. I love Silver Star Angel like a little sister. Spiffy's always been there for me. Missy's great if you have the "True friends stab you in the front" belief that I do.

Notable Matazonians I've only talked to on the boards would be Mata, Mr. and Mrs. J-Man, K!77Y, Lorax, SPS, the list goes on and on and on and on and on and on.

The only on-board member I don't like is PsychWardMike. He's so silly and never makes a valid point. I'm suprised he can use a keyboard let alone post. And he's goofy-looking, too. He has that obnoxious red hair and that goofy face fuzz. Does he know how to use a razor? And what a Capcom fanboy. For God's sake, there's more to life than coffee and videogames.

(Um, for those who don't know, that's a joke; Mick's my online brother and a viewtiful girl living in a viewtiful world)

--------------------
With every breath...and all that I am...I will make a stand...until the end.

+Quote Post
little_bear
post Sep 13 2005, 05:45 AM
Post #15

I could have written a short novel by this point

Group: Banned
Member No.: 1,378

QUOTE (Calantyr @ Sep 13 2005, 04:14 AM)
Off the top of my head, Mr Teapot, CommieBastard, Jonman, Mata, CheeseMoose, and little_bear.

Probably more. If I've taken time to respond to one of your posts then I probably respect you. biggrin.gif

*sob*
I love you too brother.
*is choked up*

For me, it has to be ... trunksgirl26 (for all those times she's been there), Calantyr (cause he's a sound bloke), Snugglebum the Destroyer (for being so down to earth) and Funky Fairy (for being the bubbliest newbie ever).

--------------------
People should not be afraid of their governments, governments should be afraid of their people.

+Quote Post
Quoth(The Raven)
post Sep 13 2005, 06:49 AM
Post #16

Meow!

Member No.: 1,296

Hmmmmm. I like/respect everyone on these boards, but have never MET anyone on these boards...

Little Bear gets a vote. His in your face attitude has entertained and even scared me a little... keeps me on my toes.

Arachnidoc and the Matabar and Tribe Wyvern folks always inspired me, and amused me... Especially Ashbless and Wyvern, who really know how to go with the flow...

and there are so many more, for so many reasons... I'll have to come back, many times to cover 'em all... So i will...

--------------------
Arthur, Gwen, and Quoth...Onwards to 4000 posts!Quoth is Cath's noob - what was she thinking?:)Duckflaps!Watch out for low flying kittens!'Dance, Monkey, Dance!' Well, this monkey don't dance no more!Never say 'die'... except as a command! I adopted Insaneperc!What kind of fool do you take me for? I don't know. How many kinds are there?

+Quote Post
Usurper MrTeapot
post Sep 13 2005, 08:57 AM
Post #17

Samauri Teapain

Member No.: 844

I know her, but that only means I respect her more.

Funked_out_frog all the way.

--------------------
@>-'--,--Cath and gothictheysay are my E-Teapotettes.@>-'--,--
Jaq and believe are my adopted Tea Spoons (wherever they are :'( )
"I am just a worthless liar, I am just an imbecile, I will only complicate you, trust in me and fall aswell."
A proud Viking never stops masturbating.
Taking over Matazone Forums since 2011.

+Quote Post
mooooooooooopo
post Sep 13 2005, 09:43 AM
Post #18

: P>

Member No.: 991

I'm going to jump on the current trend and say little_bear. His amusement to flaming ratio is rising rather niftily at the moment and his posts frequently crack me up.

--------------------
I am Candice's asw emo e-husband, real life actual husband and all around awesome person, Funked)Out_Frogg's e-paramour. Snugglebum's harem slave. Candice and gothictheysay are my e-pimps.

+Quote Post
Marriegold
post Sep 13 2005, 10:39 AM
Post #19

Super advanced member

Group: New Members
Member No.: 1,948

Witless for always bring a good point up that always keeps the debate going and his intelligence which I give him a lot of respect for. Even if I don't always understand his argument but that is just me. I always find the topics and his point of view brought up engaging and interesting.

+Quote Post
Mata
post Sep 13 2005, 12:08 PM
Post #20

'Trouble Down Pit' now online!

Member No.: 1

Actually, Marriegold, for a person with only 72 posts you've become a really active and involved member. I look forward to getting to know you more.

--------------------
Trouble Down Pit: Still updated every Monday and Friday
The Matazone Games blog
The Matazone Shop The Matazone Blog
The Matazone Corset Shop: Snobz corsets at 10% off their recommended price!

+Quote Post
Witless
post Sep 13 2005, 12:33 PM
Post #21

happy.. sad.. happy

Member No.: 1,536

Thanks for the mentions, Urm.. hmm.. people I don't know but have come to respect.., that's hard because I tend to try and avoid thinking anyone's points more important than anothers.

Hmm.. but still, there's Mata, Cheesemoose, Jonman, Quoth(the raven).
PrgmDave, Mr Teapot, and commie bastard.. and meh.. lots more.. too many, I know no one!

--------------------
"I'm an introvert, I think you're wonderful and I like you, but please now shush"
"Science is just organised common sense"
"All generalizations are dangerous, even this one."
"You are unique, just like everybody else."

+Quote Post
Cath Sparrow
post Sep 13 2005, 03:08 PM
Post #22

I've been brainwashed

Member No.: 526

I got the idea that the thread was about find more out about these people yet noone's actually added any information about them selves except who they respect.

--------------------
How would you feel about life if Death was your older sister? You're only young once but you can stay immature indefinetly!!!!

+Quote Post
kisah
post Sep 13 2005, 03:13 PM
Post #23

Obsessive

Member No.: 337

Well spotted Cath, I was hoping that might happen but I didn't want anyone to feel obligated to respond.

dry.gif Obviously there are loads of folks from the board who I know as well as respect but I think that there is something different about *really* respecting someone that might not even know you exsist. Early on I think Lolo would be on this list but even though I've never met her, I already feel like I know her too well to say that I don't. You know?

So, I hope nobody feels dissed by their friends for not being mentioned. Hopefully a bunch of people are going to find out that they have thread/post fans they didn't know about.

I'm jumping on the bandwagon here to give respect for little_bear. I'd always like to consider myself game for saying whatever is on my mind but little_bear is as blunt as a butt-plug and I think it's refreshing. wink.gif

--------------------
_colors and witty words and sirens with bells and lights that make my posts look unique like everyone elses!_
Sorry, the Retro Grouch stole my inspiration...

+Quote Post
Moosh
post Sep 13 2005, 04:37 PM
Post #24

I plug directly into my computer

Member No.: 1,488

First off, thanks to those of you who said me.

Now, my list:

Commie, moop, Jonman - scarily intelligent

Wyvern, Cath, Calantyr, Ashbless, IATB, Jimi - fun and stuff but also got good opinions

Righteous, believe, arachnidoc - I don' usually agree with you but I respect your opinions and you eloquence

Can't think of any more at the moment.

If anyone wants to know about me, I'm 15, called james and live in the midlands. I am Asian but live in a very white area. I enjoy rock and metal music, and hanging out with my friends. I read quite a lot.

--------------------
QUOTE (Peter Griffin)
Math, my dear boy, is nothing more than the lesbian sister of biology.

+Quote Post
I_am_the_best
post Sep 13 2005, 04:59 PM
Post #25

Dirty Laundry

Member No.: 1,573

I respect Feyliya, Ashbless and Quoth because I think in general they are just really kind, friendly people. Also people like CM and Jimi because they are fun. And I also respect Wyvern but I don't know why because I haven't really talked much with her. Oh yes, and I wonder what happened to Novander because I respected him and, as with Wyvern, I have no idea why.

Edit: We have to say something about ourselves too? Ok, I'm Emma and I'm 13, living in the London area. I'm a mix of England/Israel. I like music and write it a bit too. Is that ok?

--------------------
Emma <3 James <3
"Music is a moral law. It gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, a charm to sadness, gaiety and life to everything. It is the essence of order, and leads to all that is good, just and beautiful, of which it is the invisible, but nevertheless dazzling, passionate, and eternal form." - Plato

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th October 2017 - 02:38 PM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!