Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Ouija boards, do they work?
oscarhilton
post Sep 19 2005, 07:54 PM
Post #1

Don't do that.

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 1,683

I didn't know where to put this so i just put it in daily life....

I was doing an ouija game with a few of my friends a few weeks ago. We made a board and put a glass in the middle of it. We all touched the glass but nothing happend. Mmmm... what were we doung wrong?

Are ouija boards real?
Have you ever done one?
Are they bad news?

--------------------
Oscar.

who was e-kighted by Jimijimi, Sir Oscar. ...

My Webpage
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Calantyr
post Sep 19 2005, 08:06 PM
Post #2

Perfection Personified

Member No.: 1,548

My grandmother did it when she was but a wee lass in Scotland.

She didn't give specifics, but she said she had the pissing christ frightened out of her. Made me promise never to do it.

*shrugs*

I played with crystal pendulums a bit. It gave me surprising results.... my accuracy of yes/no was way above 50%. But then again I have always been lucky with things like dice and cards.

All I *know* is that there is more to this multiverse than what science has the ability to explain. Strange events occur that to date we have little credible explanation. For example, events in the present able to affect events in the past, at least on the quantumn level. Witless has also informed me about spiders being able to leap out of the way of approaching objects before they started moving. However I really only have his word for that.

I'll just say be careful. There are stranger things in Heaven and Earth than ever dreamt of in your philosophy.

Yarrr! However smart man thinks he be, in th' end we be discoverin' that God be just that wee bit more clever. I nay be religious, but I do be having respect for me own ignorance.

--------------------
"Too often Fate,
By all abhorred,
To savage poison,
Adds the sword"
- Boethius, The Concillations of Philosophy

+Quote Post
Usurper MrTeapot
post Sep 19 2005, 08:27 PM
Post #3

Samauri Teapain

Member No.: 844

Did you try asking anything to come join you? If not you must have looked a right pillock from the spectral realm.

--------------------
@>-'--,--Cath and gothictheysay are my E-Teapotettes.@>-'--,--
Jaq and believe are my adopted Tea Spoons (wherever they are :'( )
"I am just a worthless liar, I am just an imbecile, I will only complicate you, trust in me and fall aswell."
A proud Viking never stops masturbating.
Taking over Matazone Forums since 2011.

+Quote Post
I_am_the_best
post Sep 19 2005, 08:42 PM
Post #4

Dirty Laundry

Member No.: 1,573

No, we didn't. We are all pretty amateur in that area of things I think. We said something about someone being there. To be honest, I was a little sceptical about the whole thing.

We did some tarot cards too, I don't believe those so much but I left mine at my friends house. He hasn't told me I left them there, so I think he secretly wants to keep them. I'll nag him for them sometime I'm feeling mean...

--------------------
Emma <3 James <3
"Music is a moral law. It gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, a charm to sadness, gaiety and life to everything. It is the essence of order, and leads to all that is good, just and beautiful, of which it is the invisible, but nevertheless dazzling, passionate, and eternal form." - Plato

+Quote Post
Usurper MrTeapot
post Sep 19 2005, 08:44 PM
Post #5

Samauri Teapain

Ah ok, well next time call out and ask if theres anyone there. Look on the internet for ways to do it. Be polite though.

--------------------
"I am just a worthless liar, I am just an imbecile, I will only complicate you, trust in me and fall aswell."

+Quote Post
I_am_the_best
post Sep 19 2005, 08:51 PM
Post #6

Dirty Laundry

Ok. Just out of interest, has it ever worked for anyone before?

--------------------
Emma <3 James <3
"Music is a moral law. It gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, a charm to sadness, gaiety and life to everything. It is the essence of order, and leads to all that is good, just and beautiful, of which it is the invisible, but nevertheless dazzling, passionate, and eternal form." - Plato

+Quote Post
Calantyr
post Sep 19 2005, 08:57 PM
Post #7

Perfection Personified

QUOTE (I_am_the_best @ Sep 19 2005, 09:51 PM)
Ok. Just out of interest, has it ever worked for anyone before?

Anecdotal evidence, but my gran said it did. She wasn't one to make light of religion or spirituality, one of the few things she would never deviate on.

However I will now ruin whatever credability this gibberish pirate talking person has by saying she also had limited success in precognition. She also slipped far into dementia later in life. So make of it what you will.

Still, it leaves me to wonder if she may have known things I didn't.

Avast! We must be turnin' back afore we sail off the edge o' th' world!

--------------------
"Too often Fate,
By all abhorred,
To savage poison,
Adds the sword"

+Quote Post
Sir Psycho Sexy
post Sep 20 2005, 02:44 AM
Post #8

Technically a giant, intellectual midget.

Member No.: 197

QUOTE (Calantyr @ Sep 19 2005, 08:06 PM)
My grandmother did it when she was but a wee lass in Scotland.

She didn't give specifics, but she said she had the pissing christ frightened out of her. Made me promise never to do it.

I've heard similar...but not from his grandmother, I think it was my mother, something about banging cupboard doors and drawers. I'm not sure whether to believe her, but the whole area holds no interest for me so I have no desire to try it.

--------------------
He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

+Quote Post
pgrmdave
post Sep 20 2005, 03:26 AM
Post #9

^random image of the day

Member No.: 1,604

If spirits wanted to contact us, I would hope that they wouldn't need the use of something made by Parker Brothers Inc.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Little Green Got...
post Sep 20 2005, 04:13 AM
Post #10

Only YOU can answer that question!

Member No.: 384

I've had one expirance with such boards. The first time the spirit we got (My sister, myself and a friend of hers) wanted to kill my sister and her friend. They accused me of moving the glass on purpous but I took my fingers off and it kept saying the same thing. I haven't much played with them since.

Though, I do recall my 5th grade teacher having one. We'd take it out and play with it but for some reasion it stopped working whenever he came near the classroom. unsure.gif

--------------------
user posted image

+Quote Post
Jimmy-von-Lucidi...
post Sep 20 2005, 01:44 PM
Post #11

Super advanced member

Group: New Members
From: Armidale, a festering hole of northern NSW Australia
Member No.: 2,000

I do believe, or perhaps not believe but rather like to think that energy out their can take on something like an entity based purely on individual or group perceptions energy.
It all just seems to be the externalization of perceptions shaping energy.
I don't know much about anything but the further I look in to quantum physics the stranger the universe seems and the more mutable and less substantial everything appears.
The spiritual world of past times seems to be part of our own world as persistent movements of energy so who knows what can come from where.

All I say is that you should be relatively mentally stable when playing with energies you don't understand, you concentrate negative energy then allow it to manifest...

I'm sure I was meant to make sense somewhere in there.

+Quote Post
Calantyr
post Sep 20 2005, 02:07 PM
Post #12

Perfection Personified

You think Quantumn physics is weird?

You just wait until you start reading up about Super String Theory. Then it's not just the universe that makes no sense, the entire concept of reality gets put through the wringer.

--------------------
"Too often Fate,
By all abhorred,
To savage poison,
Adds the sword"

+Quote Post
oscarhilton
post Sep 20 2005, 02:54 PM
Post #13

Don't do that.

QUOTE (pgrmdave @ Sep 20 2005, 03:26 AM)
If spirits wanted to contact us, I would hope that they wouldn't need the use of something made by Parker Brothers Inc.

but Parker Brothers only took the idea Ouija has been around since the dark ages.

thanks for all your comments by the way smile.gif

--------------------
Oscar.

My Webpage

+Quote Post
Jimmy-von-Lucidi...
post Sep 21 2005, 08:43 AM
Post #14

Super advanced member

Group: New Members
From: Armidale, a festering hole of northern NSW Australia
Member No.: 2,000

QUOTE (Calantyr @ Sep 21 2005, 12:07 AM)
You think Quantumn physics is weird?

You just wait until you start reading up about Super String Theory. Then it's not just the universe that makes no sense, the entire concept of reality gets put through the wringer.

Oh the universe makes sense alright it's just that it seems like a dream or a thought or one big consious entity, so in that vein I supose it would be possible for strange entities to manifest given the right situation. And yeah String Theory is really interesting, not that I know much about it.

+Quote Post
artist.unknown
post Sep 24 2005, 04:20 AM
Post #15

sesquipedalian

Member No.: 915

I tricked a girl into thinking she was dead with one.

It was 1 am and a friend of mine and I conspired to push it about until all the clues indicated another girl who was with us. Then when it got a bit obvious we pushed to too goodbye and ran out. They stayed on to communicate with a dead pet rabbit. Ten minutes later the girl and another friend of hers came in to the room we'd hidden in to laugh, hysterical because they'd realised it must be her and boohoo she was going to die. I didn't necessarily disabuse her of this notion until the morning on my way out the door. Hee.

So, no. I don't really put much stock in 'em.

--------------------
-Grammar Nazi-quotes of the yesterday
It is only in his work that an artist can find reality and satisfaction, for the actual world is less intense than the world of his invention and consequently his life, without recourse to violent disorder, does not seem very substantial. -Tennessee Williams

+Quote Post
Feyliya
post Sep 25 2005, 08:33 AM
Post #16

It's not junk in the trunk, it's precious cargo.

Member No.: 380

Mine told me I was a dhampir.

::happens to have exceedingly pale skin, is very sensitive to sunlight, prefers nighttime (was actually born with nights and days swapped), and had fangs that slipped over the bottom lip with smiles before braces::

I might not be the best person to ask about the validity of such. tongue.gif

As for other methods, I'm about 80% or so accurate with the tarot cards. In fact, I have read the tarot for one person 13 times in a row and gotten almost the exact same reading with a few cards in slightly different positions each time (and no, I didn't cheat and try to make the cards do that, it just happened). I stopped using them after having things turn out right for a couple of not-so-nice predictions (IE: When I asked the cards what my 8th grade science teacher's new baby was going to be the answer was "dead". A month later the baby miscarried. Or when I read the cards for a friend in 9th grade and they said she'd get pregnant, drop out, and stagnate for the rest of her life; a pattern which she promptly fell into a year and a half later. Or those many, many times I read cards for people and they mentioned great conflict, war, military service, and death. In fact, I REALLY don't want to be thinking about all those....)

--------------------
Irish is my special e-stalker. I leave the blinds open for him. :P // I'm the designated keeper of sobreity. Jell-o Shooters anyone? // I will always have fond memories of Leo's big banana and Cheese's sexy penguin. // I am the all powerful Ish Witch! ::insert evil cackle here:: // ALL HAIL PURSTHULHU!
@_@ You will not write secret messages. You will not write secret messages... @_@

+Quote Post
oscarhilton
post Sep 25 2005, 09:42 AM
Post #17

Don't do that.

When i ever do tarot cards it always gets it eather wrong or right but it might have happend a couple of days ago so it doen't really help me. I suppose it says you have to sleep with them and do it every night and everything and i just cant be bothered to do that smile.gif

--------------------
Oscar.

My Webpage

+Quote Post
I_am_the_best
post Sep 25 2005, 05:18 PM
Post #18

Dirty Laundry

I once did tarot cards and got the same card in the middle three times in a row. And then it stopped happening...

--------------------
Emma <3 James <3

+Quote Post
Usurper MrTeapot
post Sep 25 2005, 11:05 PM
Post #19

Samauri Teapain

QUOTE (oscarhilton @ Sep 25 2005, 10:42 AM)
When i ever do tarot cards it always gets it eather wrong or right but it might have happend a couple of days ago so it doen't really help me. I suppose it says you have to sleep with them and do it every night and everything and i just cant be bothered to do that smile.gif

I haven't done tarot in a while, just read someone's cards and was mostly accurate. It was more I was rusty than I hadn't been sleeping with them for a few weeks.

--------------------

+Quote Post
The.Wheezing.Gho...
post Sep 26 2005, 12:49 AM
Post #20

Sex can wait...MASTURBATE

Member No.: 443

I used to be extremely interested in Ouiji boards and Tarot and I had a few spell books and whatnot, but after playing with many-a-ouijis I found that they have never worked. The most recent experience was in January at a birthday party. I didn't have my hands on it but the girls who were doing it were asking what the spirits name was and the typico stuff, but none of the answers made any sense. When they asked it's name it was like...all consinents...and the girls all got quiet untill someone said "Um..are those your...initials?" and I just burst out laughing. I was forced out of the room soon afterward...but I couldn't help it...it was extremely amusing...

--------------------
Wyatt: Gary, by the way, why are we wearing bras on our heads?
Gary: Ceremonial.

+Quote Post
Ashbless
post Sep 26 2005, 05:00 PM
Post #21

I could have written a short novel by this point

Member No.: 1,112

Are people remembering to wrap their tarot cards in silk to insulate 'em against evil influences? tongue.gif

I heard a theory that ouija boards work due to your subconscious mind using your hands to push the little widget around while your conscious mind is unaware what's happening. So, you're not getting messages from any 'outside' all you're hearing from is you.

If there is an outside spirit realm, though, do you really want to be messing around with it? ph34r.gif

--------------------
IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion, It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shaking, the shaking becomes a warning, It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. - SpeakertotheLost

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th October 2017 - 01:52 AM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!