IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules 

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> BBC News FINALLY getting some good reporting in, What most of us have known for years
Calantyr
post Sep 22 2005, 05:32 PM
Post #1

Perfection Personified

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 1,548

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/4267734.stm

biggrin.gif

This cheers me up no end. *giggles like a mhaaad eejit*

--------------------
"Too often Fate,
By all abhorred,
To savage poison,
Adds the sword"
- Boethius, The Concillations of Philosophy
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Daria
post Sep 22 2005, 05:53 PM
Post #2

Wait for the uprising

Member No.: 1,735

Good luck for me- We get to listen to Classic Rock radio station biggrin.gif

--------------------
We are unraveling our navels so that we may ingest the sun.

DARIA IZ GOOD ON TOAST

TOAST IZ GOOD ON DARIA

+Quote Post
JimiJimi
post Sep 22 2005, 06:13 PM
Post #3

I'm afraid I'm back.

Member No.: 1,308

Classic Rock ain't all that great. I've got an old 1950's Robert's radio (one of the first to have transistors rather than valves), which picks up a great foreign radio station (haven't been able to put my finger on what country though) called something like 'Aero classique rock!' on the medium wave. Very hissy and bad quality, but it plays some helluva decent music.

Bruce Sprinsteen is playing on it now...

But anyway, I get driven mad from just walking round a shop only having to listen to a song once... I'd probably be a twitching wreck if I had to work there... *shudders*

EDIT: In light of this post I did some research and found the radio's website. It's 'Arrow Classic Rock', and you can listen the broadcast on the website without having to worry about crap quality and low batteries. Unfortunately, you do have to worry about buffering...

--------------------

+Quote Post
Calantyr
post Sep 22 2005, 06:17 PM
Post #4

Perfection Personified

Member No.: 1,548

Yeah, I have an old radio that appears to pick up police signals.... better than grooving away to the latest Robbie Williams track I tell ya.

There are just some genres of music that I can listen to lot, the same songs repeating.

Others just make me want to rip my skin off and leap into a whole heaping bowl of salt.

--------------------
"Too often Fate,
By all abhorred,
To savage poison,
Adds the sword"
- Boethius, The Concillations of Philosophy

+Quote Post
Bragi
post Sep 22 2005, 09:53 PM
Post #5

Group: New Members
Member No.: 2,028

The thing that turned me off Christmas to the point where I hate the holiday wasn't festive music. I don't like it, but it wasn't quite enough on its own.

No, the clincher was when I took a part-time job in a garden centre in the run-up to Christmas a couple of years ago. The store was half-full of Christmas decorations (that was what they sold) by September, and by October the manager was already informing people that they had to have "big festive smiles" on their faces.

Festive smiles... before you've even reached Halloween...

I also learned that glitter is a creation of evil, and can necessitate up to an hour spent in the shower to scrub it off in extreme cases; that the amount of money people will spend on Christmas decorations can sometimes be described as "obscene"; and I scream at the sight of tinsel.

The music is a relatively minor point in that case. I can, however, fully empathise with the hatred of all the above-listed acts, particularly given my shop experience in other places - but how objective I could be is debatable since I don't like any of them to begin with.

+Quote Post
Usurper MrTeapot
post Sep 22 2005, 11:42 PM
Post #6

Samauri Teapain

Member No.: 844

QUOTE (JimiJimi @ Sep 22 2005, 07:13 PM)
EDIT: In light of this post I did some research and found the radio's website. It's 'Arrow Classic Rock', and you can listen the broadcast on the website without having to worry about crap quality and low batteries. Unfortunately, you do have to worry about buffering...

Ah The Arrow. I love that station. *hugs his DAB*

I love the music at my work, but bearing in mind I've only worked two days (at a pub) so far we have some good stuff. Theres a group who are known for hogging the juke box and playing Pixies, Killers, Soundgarden, and the like. Britney isn't even on the box.

--------------------
@>-'--,--Cath and gothictheysay are my E-Teapotettes.@>-'--,--
Jaq and believe are my adopted Tea Spoons (wherever they are :'( )
"I am just a worthless liar, I am just an imbecile, I will only complicate you, trust in me and fall aswell."
A proud Viking never stops masturbating.
Taking over Matazone Forums since 2011.

+Quote Post
Daria
post Sep 23 2005, 11:55 AM
Post #7

Wait for the uprising

Member No.: 1,735

There is also a station which plays (continuously) the sound of a field- birds, a horse, and sometimes a crow! It's quite funny to watch people look out the window into a busy street and ask where the sounds are comming from...

--------------------
We are unraveling our navels so that we may ingest the sun.

DARIA IZ GOOD ON TOAST

TOAST IZ GOOD ON DARIA

+Quote Post
Astarael
post Sep 24 2005, 11:22 PM
Post #8

Browncoat

Member No.: 1,958

I hate walking around a shop hearing loud music (if I hear "oops I did it again" one more time I'm going to start flaying people with a noodle until it stops) and it is fairly bad around Christmastime. "jingle-Bell Rock" got played six times in one hour on one memorable trip to the mall. It was truly stress-inducing and filled me with wrath. What's far worse, however, is the incessant "biiing-bong" sound of some employee being summoned to a counter. It's like a horrendously loud and piercing doorbell and it makes me want to pour acid into my ears to make it stop. It happens at Sear's a lot, and when the lazy arsebucket employees don't obey the bonging it continues for hours when the manager forgets to shut it off. I only shop there when I absolutely can't find things anywhere else. If I ever find out who programs that stupid little system, I'm setting Samurai Lapin on them. Why can't they just say "Susan, come to counter three" like regular stores?
/slightly off-topic rant

--------------------
Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all. ~Morpheus, King of Dreams
I am a leaf on the wind. See me soar.
IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image

+Quote Post
Sir Psycho Sexy
post Sep 29 2005, 08:53 AM
Post #9

Technically a giant, intellectual midget.

Member No.: 197

QUOTE (Calantyr @ Sep 22 2005, 06:17 PM)
Yeah, I have an old radio that appears to pick up police signals.... better than grooving away to the latest Robbie Williams track I tell ya.

Is that even possible anymore? I thought police radio transmissions were scrambled to stop that.

I remember having fun with the music in McDonalds, I don't think it was a CD though, it was streamed from somewhere officey I think. I do remember dancing about and singing while flipping burgers though, just to keep myself from going to mad, I remember singing along to 'Man, I feel like a woman' got me some funny looks once.

--------------------
He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th October 2017 - 11:43 PM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!