IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Hallowe'en Costumes, what? and any tips on how?
Ashbless
post Sep 29 2005, 02:53 PM
Post #1

I could have written a short novel by this point

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 1,112

I was thinking the little drowned girl in The Ring would be a decent costume this All Hallows but the local novelty shop has butterfly wings for $10 so I may go with fairy instead. For the Ring costume any ideas on how to keep my hair looking wet and straggley?

What are other's thinking of as a costume this year? Will you wander about or hand out the goodies to the little ones coming around?

--------------------
IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion, It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shaking, the shaking becomes a warning, It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. - SpeakertotheLost
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Phyllis
post Sep 29 2005, 05:16 PM
Post #2

Candbrush Threepwood

Member No.: 345

Try hair grease, if you can find it, to keep your hair wet looking. And I'd say also take a straightening iron to your hair beforehand as well, even if it's already straight.

I'm planning on dressing up as Pippi Longstockings and handing out candy to little ones. Hehe. I just need a dress of some sort to wear.

--------------------
I love you in a way that is mystical and eternal and illegal in 20 states.

+Quote Post
bryden42
post Sep 29 2005, 06:04 PM
Post #3

Flash Gordon Wannabe

Member No.: 1,984

olive oil will do the job, I used to have cradle cap as a kid and that's what the doctors used to have my mum apply to my head before bed each night, horrible stuff but will do the job.

--------------------
I like your house... can I come in!
S P A N G L E D by Faerieryn

what I do when I have too much time on my hands My Devart page

+Quote Post
Ashbless
post Sep 29 2005, 08:54 PM
Post #4

Are you or your wife dressing up this Hallowe'en bryden42?

--------------------

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion, It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shaking, the shaking becomes a warning, It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. - SpeakertotheLost

+Quote Post
Daria
post Sep 29 2005, 08:54 PM
Post #5

Wait for the uprising

Member No.: 1,735

I have no idea as to what I should dress as this year! Last year I made a great mummy costume from old clothes and strips of white fabric sewn onto them.

I want my costume to be pretty unique... Hmmm... And as I am not allowed to go Trick Or Treating (my mum hasn't ever let us do it sad.gif) I think I shall have a huge costume party with gross food and the like...

--------------------
We are unraveling our navels so that we may ingest the sun.

DARIA IZ GOOD ON TOAST

TOAST IZ GOOD ON DARIA

+Quote Post
Moosh
post Sep 29 2005, 08:57 PM
Post #6

I plug directly into my computer

Member No.: 1,488

Is it just me who never does anything for Halloween? I don't dres up, go Trick or Treating, have a party, anything. I don't even give out sweets to kids who knock on the door. For me it's just like any other night.

The wierd thing is I don't know why I've never done any of this stuff. Sure it's mainly because my parents don't like trick or treating (it's begging appearantly) but I've never felt anything but indiffernce for the whole thing. Ah well.

--------------------
QUOTE (Peter Griffin)
Math, my dear boy, is nothing more than the lesbian sister of biology.

+Quote Post
Phyllis
post Sep 29 2005, 09:22 PM
Post #7

Candbrush Threepwood

QUOTE (Daria @ Sep 29 2005, 01:54 PM)
And as I am not allowed to go Trick Or Treating (my mum hasn't ever let us do it sad.gif) I think I shall have a huge costume party with gross food and the like...

You're too old for trick or treating anyway, deary! It's just for ickle ones. Once you're over 12 or so, I don't think you should do it. After that, you should be going to parties and stuff instead. So I'd say yeah, throw a big costume party.

I've gathered trick or treating isn't done as much over there as it is here. I don't see any problem with it, personally. I had loads of fun dressing up and going door to door with my pillowcase as a kid. Plus all the candy lasted till Easter wink.gif Also, pumpkin carving = so much fun. And I love handing out candy to little ones. Especially since we live on the outskirts of town, so we only get about 10-15 kids every year. We hand out the big candy bars. biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cath Sparrow
post Sep 29 2005, 10:03 PM
Post #8

I've been brainwashed

Group: Admin
Member No.: 526

Does that mean you have the big scary house at the end of the street that everyones scared to go to? tongue.gif

--------------------
How would you feel about life if Death was your older sister? You're only young once but you can stay immature indefinetly!!!!

+Quote Post
Righteous
post Sep 29 2005, 10:05 PM
Post #9

Shut up, noob!

Member No.: 367

QUOTE (candice @ Sep 29 2005, 05:22 PM)
You're too old for trick or treating anyway, deary!  It's just for ickle ones.  Once you're over 12 or so, I don't think you should do it.

Bubkiss! I went trick-or-treating every year until I was sixteen. The only reason I haven't since is because of a haunted house (17), a party (18) and a date to see The Grudge and Team America: World Police (19). In all three cases, I wore a costume.

This year, I'm going as Waylon from Mushroomhead. I'm getting my brother's girlfriend to help me with the makeup and bleaching my old jumpsuit. I hope it goes well.

--------------------
With every breath...and all that I am...I will make a stand...until the end.

+Quote Post
Phyllis
post Sep 29 2005, 11:35 PM
Post #10

Candbrush Threepwood

QUOTE (Cath @ Sep 29 2005, 03:03 PM)
Does that mean you have the big scary house at the end of the street that everyones scared to go to? tongue.gif

Nope! It's just a bit out in the country tongue.gif

And Ri, sorry, but you ARE too old. Trick or treating is for little kids...not teenagers or young adults. I don't give as much candy to them, because they can buy their own and should be either handing out candy themselves or at a party or something!

--------------------

+Quote Post
voices_in_my_hea...
post Sep 30 2005, 02:09 AM
Post #11

If my woman were a fire...

Member No.: 1,473

QUOTE (candice @ Sep 29 2005, 04:22 PM)
You're too old for trick or treating anyway, deary!  It's just for ickle ones.  Once you're over 12 or so, I don't think you should do it.  After that, you should be going to parties and stuff instead.  So I'd say yeah, throw a big costume party. 

But what about the geeks!? Do you actully expect me to have somthing better to do (other than getting tons of free candy) on Halloween? laugh.gif

--------------------
Her dignity shone so bright like a light on a hill
and she burned for me, no other man came near her flame.
Bad country songs - the deafening twang of the rich white kid blues.
You can own the strange, but the lights and glares will not make you real.

+Quote Post
Phyllis
post Sep 30 2005, 02:31 PM
Post #12

Candbrush Threepwood

QUOTE (voices_in_my_head @ Sep 29 2005, 07:09 PM)
But what about the geeks!? Do you actully expect me to have somthing better to do (other than getting tons of free candy) on Halloween? laugh.gif

Awww *patpat* Throw a party with your geeky friends? Dress up and hand out candy to little ones? You're just 13 though, if I remember correctly, so that's not too bad. In several years you could always dress up and go to a showing of Rocky Horror.. wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Daria
post Oct 1 2005, 06:58 PM
Post #13

Wait for the uprising

I will have a party. And it shall be good. And there shall be jelly fingers in the punch biggrin.gif

--------------------

DARIA IZ GOOD ON TOAST

TOAST IZ GOOD ON DARIA

+Quote Post
voices_in_my_hea...
post Oct 1 2005, 09:04 PM
Post #14

If my woman were a fire...

Member No.: 1,473

QUOTE (candice @ Sep 30 2005, 09:31 AM)
Awww *patpat*  Throw a party with your geeky friends?  Dress up and hand out candy to little ones?  You're just 13 though, if I remember correctly, so that's not too bad. In several years you could always dress up and go to a showing of Rocky Horror.. wink.gif

That'd be the most pathetic party ever.... It'd just be me and two other people, if I'm lucky.laugh.gif The youth group at church may be doing something, but the problem with that is that your not usally allowed to have "scary" costumes at church-sponsered events. rolleyes.gif

--------------------
Her dignity shone so bright like a light on a hill
and she burned for me, no other man came near her flame.
Bad country songs - the deafening twang of the rich white kid blues.
You can own the strange, but the lights and glares will not make you real.

+Quote Post
Ashbless
post Oct 6 2005, 04:46 AM
Post #15

Don't think Rocky Horror picture show costumes count as scary but they're probably not church appropriate either. laugh.gif

I've since chucked all former ideas and will be stepping out as a cavewoman. All I lack is a bone for my hair. I'll probably get that shortly before hallowe'en in case the four-foots steal it on me. (Currently living with two dogs and two cats you see.)

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cath Sparrow
post Oct 6 2005, 01:19 PM
Post #16

I've been brainwashed

Not sureif I'm going to getto do anything for halloween this year as it my birthday just before and at the moment my halloween cohorts are on the other side of the country so if I want to go out for a meal with my family and do halloween it's going to get highly complicated. But I'm going for a Medieval banquet (with costumes) a couple of weeks laters with a bunch of my friend so that'll makeup for it. But I do I've had an idea for a devil nurse. I've no idea why apart from the fact I made a cool devils tale last year and some hair clip devil horns I want to use again.

--------------------
How would you feel about life if Death was your older sister? You're only young once but you can stay immature indefinetly!!!!

+Quote Post
Ashbless
post Oct 7 2005, 12:39 AM
Post #17

Did anyone ever hear of the roll playing game Fairy Meat? You play these little psycho cannible fairies. Cute butterfly wings, pointy ears, reaver mentality. I was playing with that idea for a costume but now put it out into the community for some other soul to try. biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
elphaba2
post Oct 7 2005, 02:19 AM
Post #18

Lord of the Keys

Member No.: 1,329

QUOTE (j00m3h @ Oct 6 2005, 12:52 AM)
Katii and I are going to be Jack and Tyler from Fight Club.  She's Tyler, I'm Jack. n.n

*applauds*

I'm torn between several ideas, among which are:
-Jim Morrison (leather pants, big sunglasses, big belt, optional drunkenness)
-Karen O (written-on bridesmaid dress, red lipstick, also optional drunkenness)
-Babar (green suit, elephant nose)
-the Artful Dodger (top hat, large frock coat, white button-down, vest, historically accurate shoes)
-Audrey Hepburn (shapely velvet dress, gold cigarette holder, veiled hat)

It's a difficult life being a costumer around Halloween time. My heart is torn in at least seventeen places.

--------------------
can I kiss your dopamine?
In a way I wonder if she's living in a magazine

+Quote Post
Cath Sparrow
post Oct 7 2005, 12:37 PM
Post #19

I've been brainwashed

QUOTE (elphaba2 @ Oct 7 2005, 03:19 AM)
It's a difficult life being a costumer around Halloween time. My heart is torn in at least seventeen places.

*Cath jelouses*

/Sorry spam

--------------------

+Quote Post
Daria
post Oct 8 2005, 07:13 PM
Post #20

Wait for the uprising

QUOTE (elphaba2 @ Oct 7 2005, 03:19 AM)
QUOTE (j00m3h @ Oct 6 2005, 12:52 AM)
Katii and I are going to be Jack and Tyler from Fight Club.  She's Tyler, I'm Jack. n.n

*applauds*

I'm torn between several ideas, among which are:
-Jim Morrison (leather pants, big sunglasses, big belt, optional drunkenness)
-Karen O (written-on bridesmaid dress, red lipstick, also optional drunkenness)
-Babar (green suit, elephant nose)
-the Artful Dodger (top hat, large frock coat, white button-down, vest, historically accurate shoes)
-Audrey Hepburn (shapely velvet dress, gold cigarette holder, veiled hat)

biggrin.gif *drools at the thought of Jim Morrison*
Sorry, where was I?
Oh yes...
You should go as Karen O biggrin.gif She is scary enough for Hallowe'en!

--------------------

DARIA IZ GOOD ON TOAST

TOAST IZ GOOD ON DARIA

+Quote Post
believe
post Oct 8 2005, 08:42 PM
Post #21

the token conservative

Member No.: 1,594

I'm going to go as Draco Malfoy. I have the hair, most of the costume and black slacks to go with it. I just need an ace bandage for my chest or something. >.>

--------------------
Mr.Teapot is my e-daddy, Jaq is my e-sister and Vic is my e-husband! syuu is our e-daughter.

Pit Bulls & BSL Urban Legends Fight BSL

We must always fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil that we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men.
- The Boondock Saints

Ange is the devil on my shoulder.

+Quote Post
tv with legs
post Oct 8 2005, 10:21 PM
Post #22

Has too much time on their hands

Member No.: 1,885

QUOTE (Daria @ Sep 29 2005, 02:54 PM)
I have no idea as to what I should dress as this year! Last year I made a great mummy costume from old clothes and strips of white fabric sewn onto them.

I want my costume to be pretty unique... Hmmm... And as I am not allowed to go Trick Or Treating (my mum hasn't ever let us do it sad.gif) I think I shall have a huge costume party with gross food and the like...

well, atleast you get to dress up, i never get to do anything halloween related dry.gif

--------------------
WHEN THERES NOTHING LEFT TO BURN YOU HAVE TO SET YOUR SELF ON FIRE
\"IPB
4%32&6^

+Quote Post
Daria
post Oct 10 2005, 06:44 PM
Post #23

Wait for the uprising

How come TWL?

--------------------

DARIA IZ GOOD ON TOAST

TOAST IZ GOOD ON DARIA

+Quote Post
Feyliya
post Oct 11 2005, 11:01 AM
Post #24

It's not junk in the trunk, it's precious cargo.

Member No.: 380

Since there's already a thread for Halloween help, I'll put this here. If I get no replies, I'll make a new one!

This year I've decided to either make or buy my own corset. Before this I have always been interested but have never been able to do either, so I have absolutely no experience. Could anyone who knows something about this send me either an email, a PM, or reply here about how I'd go about making one, good patterns, reliable places to buy, etc... Basically tell me anything ya'll think a corset newbie might need to know.

--------------------
Irish is my special e-stalker. I leave the blinds open for him. :P // I'm the designated keeper of sobreity. Jell-o Shooters anyone? // I will always have fond memories of Leo's big banana and Cheese's sexy penguin. // I am the all powerful Ish Witch! ::insert evil cackle here:: // ALL HAIL PURSTHULHU!
@_@ You will not write secret messages. You will not write secret messages... @_@

+Quote Post
{Gothic Angel}
post Oct 11 2005, 02:31 PM
Post #25

My direction

Member No.: 495

Under too much time pressure to see if anyone's already suggested this, and not allowed to go trick-or-treating meself this year (too much homework) - You know those "peel-off" face masks you can get at chemists and stuff? They make great peeling zombie skin biggrin.gif

--------------------
Once opened consume within three days. Above post is not suitable for home freezing. Store in a cool, dry area.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th October 2017 - 12:10 PM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!