Reply to this topicStart new topic
> off to school in a bit, *gigglez*
heavenlychild_87
post Oct 3 2005, 10:42 AM
Post #1

Super advanced member

Group: New Members
Member No.: 2,041

well im in a good mood today so maybe school will go well today... im wearing a baby blue shirt and bluejeans with my gray and pink tennis shoes... *loves her new shoes!*

if someone mocks me im either gonna hit them or laugh at them for being stupid!
i have english 1st block and i have a hilarious teacher in there! mrs.baird is so funny last week i almost literally fell outta my chair because of laughing so hard and after i got through laughing i had to regain my breath again.i also have extremely funny kids in my class....they are cool.....however, im pretty much a loner in school... i have no friends there and i dont talk to over half the school because they are snobs preps and stuckup jocks who i wouldnt get along with anywayz. so why talk to them if your not going to get along with them you know?

yeah i know it sounds stupid because they make up like over half the school but better to be safe than sorry.

i have 2 people i usually can talk to all the time with but sometimes they like really tick me off so ignore them until i have calmed down or sometimes i yell at them.

but my school life has its ups and its downs but i think this week is mainly going to be ups cause im in such a good mood this morning its unreal you guys...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Forever Unknown
post Oct 3 2005, 11:16 AM
Post #2

Microwave your children

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 1,164

Look. Please, please please, please pleasepleasepleaseplease go here:

http://www.livejournal.com

And sign up. I'm not trying to be a bitch (well, not particularly), but really - this is blog kinda stuff, not forums stuff. You're just setting yourself up to get mocked again. Sign up to LiveJournal, babble like this at your on leisure, maybe join some of the communities to find people with the same interests. Just please stop posting like this. It's giving me a tumour.

--------------------
Half Iago. Half Fu Manchu. All bastard.

+Quote Post
PsychWardMike
post Oct 3 2005, 10:07 PM
Post #3

I'm attracted by the potential for reckless abuse of power.

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 1,105

Be glad you've only got a tumour. I've got bleeding hemmeroids.

ARGH! THE ASSBLOOD!

--------------------
I'm just a Viewtiful Girl living in a Viewtiful World.
Henshin a-go-go, baby.

I swear to God, the above post was not intended to incite flame wars or to offend you.

+Quote Post
heavenlychild_87
post Oct 4 2005, 10:45 AM
Post #4

Super advanced member

Group: New Members
Member No.: 2,041

QUOTE (Forever Unknown @ Oct 3 2005, 05:16 AM)
Look. Please, please please, please pleasepleasepleaseplease go here:

http://www.livejournal.com

And sign up. I'm not trying to be a bitch (well, not particularly), but really - this is blog kinda stuff, not forums stuff. You're just setting yourself up to get mocked again. Sign up to LiveJournal, babble like this at your on leisure, maybe join some of the communities to find people with the same interests. Just please stop posting like this. It's giving me a tumour.

sorry you guys......didnt know iwas getting on yalls guys nerves.... that was never my intention you guys...

+Quote Post
Mata
post Oct 4 2005, 01:15 PM
Post #5

'Trouble Down Pit' now online!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

QUOTE (PsychWardMike @ Oct 3 2005, 10:07 PM)
Be glad you've only got a tumour.  I've got bleeding hemmeroids.

ARGH!  THE ASSBLOOD!

Oi, I know that Hc isn't posting in the normal sort of way for these forums but there's no reason to constantly mock. It's just not polite or necessary. FU has already pointed out that Hc's posts aren't very easy to respond to in any way other than 'that's nice for you', and with a bit of humour for emphasis: you have just spammed with an insult, which doesn't do anyone any favours.

Hc, there are a few things that would probably help your posting style. Firstly, and this is a biggie for me, please use capitalisation. When you write without capitals it gives the impression that you have no respect for your readers because you can't be bothered to make your text more readable. I think it's also worth mentioning that the use of correct English is one of the five main rules that you agreed to when you joined the forum.

For a recap on the rules you can use the link at the top of every page or you can click here:

http://www.matazone.co.uk/forums/index.php?act=boardrules

I would also suggest trying to cut down on your use of ellipses, i.e. '...'. An ellipsis suggests a major re-evaluation of a topic or a dramatic pause. The way that you (and quite a few other people on here, it's not just you!) use them is because you are unsure about how to finish a sentence. This gives your paragraphs a sense of rambling uncertainty, suggesting that you actually have no clear intention behind what you are writing.

This all sounds very harsh, I know, but there are benefits for you in this. By learning to construct your ideas into cohesive statements you become a more efficient communicator, which has a great knock-on effect into your school work and your linguistic abilities in later life. Seriously, learning this stuff change your life. I've worked in places where job applications are submitted and the very first thing that impacts on a reader is the style and coherency of the writing. Writing in an efficient and clear manner is sometimes more important in life than the things that you have to say.

Which leads me nicely on to my next point, you really do need to get a focussed idea in your head of what you want to communicate to your reader, this can be a joke, a story about your life that is relevant to the topic being discussed (such as my example about my time at an employment agency), or an explanation of your view on a subject. Above all it must be relevant to the previous posts or, if it is the beginning of a new thread, it must start a discussion that other people can respond to in a meaningful manner.

This is something that I've typed many times on here before and I will probably have to type again: an internet forum is based on the principle of clear communication of ideas. When the communication is unclear or the ideas aren't present then it's just a load of people throwing random thoughts out into the digital void in the hope that somehow one of them might be relevant to the life of someone else. On this forum that type of posting is regarded as spam. It's common on other forums, but essentially I'm a communications snob so don't want that kind of onanistic posting here.

For more information about 'what is spam' check out the following thread:

http://www.matazone.co.uk/forums/index.php...wtopic=4454&hl=

Oh, and don't put a 'z' on the end of words where the word makes sense without it, and don't put '2' instead of 'to' or 'too'.

I'm not trying to put you on a downer here; I'm trying to help you learn how to write in ways that other people can respond to.

Your first post in this thread has many things that have the potential for a discussion, here's just a few of them:

You have new shoes, so post an image of them (or find one on the internet) and start a thread about the shoes people wear on a daily basis

Ways to respond to bullying, you say you yell at people or laugh at them. Lots of people have been bullied, so other people might want to share their stories. This could be a good topic for 'Issues' because it has a serious impact on the life of nearly everyone at some point (even people working in offices are sometimes bullied).

Favourite teachers. Yours makes you laugh, I had an art assistant who was always really supportive of my strange ideas. We've all had teachers that we liked, so you could say why your teacher makes you laugh, why she's so good, and ask people whether they have/had a favourite teacher.

Making friends. You prefer to avoid risking talking to people that you don't associate with on the grounds of their external appearance. Personally I found that the sporty guys at school were generally decent people when you had a one-to-one conversation with them, but it was difficult to talk to them in groups. Why do you think that this is?

Moods. People sometimes wake up in a really good mood, or sometimes something puts them there. This is essentially the same as the 'catching snowflakes on your tongue' topic, so you could have a look at that one to see how to start a popular thread. Notice that it's not a long first post, but it sets the ground for other people to talk about themselves.

All of these subjects could make a great topic but you kept the post entirely about your own experiences without showing any interest in the experiences of others. It's really important that your topics give other people something to talk about rather than just a monologue about your own life. We don't know your teacher, most people on here would probably describe themselves as a bit of a loner. We weren't with you to see your good mood or your new shoes, so we can't respond to those things. Give us something to talk about, prompt us to share stories and then you'll have a great thread.

So, in summary, when making a thread always give people an easy way to relate your story/opinion to themselves, and if possible give them a topic on which to share their views or stories.

Like I say, please don't take this as being critical of you, it's only written to help you learn how to communicate in a way that is meaningful to other people. I love it when a member learns how to do this, for me that's one of the most satisfying things about this forum. There are great people on here, and many have become my friends from being total strangers previously, but that only happened because we have all learned to write in ways that others find interesting. It takes longer for some people than others, but if a person keeps at it then they always get there in the end. I look forward to seeing what new ideas you bring to this place!

--------------------
Trouble Down Pit: Still updated every Monday and Friday
The Matazone Games blog
The Matazone Shop The Matazone Blog
The Matazone Corset Shop: Snobz corsets at 10% off their recommended price!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th October 2017 - 04:24 PM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!