Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Chilling out
Witless
post Oct 4 2005, 05:16 PM
Post #1

happy.. sad.. happy

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 1,536

Man.. I started 3 topics today.. I'm turning into a new thread whore..

Right so what do you guys do to chill out.. just like relieve the tension when you have a moment, or if you have had a long string of bad times, what do you do?

Some people do something exciting like going out and dancing (never understoof this sort).. some people read.. some people in between.

My personal one is to severe all forms of contact with me, sit, and sketch for a while, while filling my heads with thoughts of fantasys (non sexual ones).

That's me,

What are you people's ones?

Maybe we can all trade chill out techniques!

--------------------
"I'm an introvert, I think you're wonderful and I like you, but please now shush"
"Science is just organised common sense"
"All generalizations are dangerous, even this one."
"You are unique, just like everybody else."
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
CommieBastard
post Oct 4 2005, 06:23 PM
Post #2

Remorseless posting machine

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 466

I pick my current favourite ultra-violent videogame, and spend an hour or two blowing things up in an improbable fashion.

--------------------
Every sort of expert knowledge and every inquiry, and similarly every action and undertaking, seems to seek some good. Because of that, people are right to affirm that the good is 'that which all things seek'...

+Quote Post
Pikasyuu
post Oct 4 2005, 06:32 PM
Post #3

suggestive cupcake

Group: Admin
Member No.: 260

Talk - I'm the exact opposite of you, Witless, if something gets silent while I'm stressed, it worries me even more. Bouncing ideas off of someone can really help, but if that doesn't work? lots of loud music, and perhaps writing - just so long as it isn't quiet.

And then there's always breaking things. :P

--------------------
i'm like oh kimosabe,
your body is my hobby

the official 'you bitch' count: a whole lot
last updated 11/05

+Quote Post
Usurper MrTeapot
post Oct 4 2005, 06:45 PM
Post #4

Samauri Teapain

Member No.: 844

A phat spliff.

--------------------
@>-'--,--Cath and gothictheysay are my E-Teapotettes.@>-'--,--
Jaq and believe are my adopted Tea Spoons (wherever they are :'( )
"I am just a worthless liar, I am just an imbecile, I will only complicate you, trust in me and fall aswell."
A proud Viking never stops masturbating.
Taking over Matazone Forums since 2011.

+Quote Post
Moosh
post Oct 4 2005, 06:48 PM
Post #5

I plug directly into my computer

Member No.: 1,488

I read, or sit and think about stuff, generally maths based (that's right, I do maths to relax). Or I just sit and watch flames or running water, I can literally do that for hours.

--------------------
QUOTE (Peter Griffin)
Math, my dear boy, is nothing more than the lesbian sister of biology.

+Quote Post
I_am_the_best
post Oct 4 2005, 06:54 PM
Post #6

Dirty Laundry

Member No.: 1,573

I lie on my bed listening to classical music with my eyes shut and day dream about whatever gets into my head. I sometimes play the piano or another instrument, but if I make a mistake, I get too angry and it makes me even angrier/sadder. I like to sit and contemplate whatever is in my head to detah so that when I wake up in the morning, everything seems stupid and makes no sense. And CheeseMoose, I like doing math to relax, but only algebra.

--------------------
Emma <3 James <3
"Music is a moral law. It gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, a charm to sadness, gaiety and life to everything. It is the essence of order, and leads to all that is good, just and beautiful, of which it is the invisible, but nevertheless dazzling, passionate, and eternal form." - Plato

+Quote Post
Daria
post Oct 4 2005, 07:20 PM
Post #7

Wait for the uprising

Member No.: 1,735

It depends on what kind of "tense" I am;
Angry tense- I listen to Rage Against The Machine or System Of A Down very loudly, and paint using bold colours. If I listen to the wrong type of music, it can make me feel worse
Sad emmotional tense- If I'm not with my friends, I either vent my frustrations out on some paper and then burn it (I find flames relaxing) or vent on a message board
Everyone elses problems tense- I like to have a good cry, think about things, and be left alone. And when I am in a complete hole of dispair, self loathing and sadness, I like to paint and listen to Incubus or Nirvana

Music plays a large part in how I feel, as do colours (naturaly). Unfortunatley, my house is nearly completely painted in different shades of yellow- a colour I hate- and I have found that pastel shades frustrate and infuriate me.

--------------------
We are unraveling our navels so that we may ingest the sun.

DARIA IZ GOOD ON TOAST

TOAST IZ GOOD ON DARIA

+Quote Post
Astarael
post Oct 4 2005, 08:58 PM
Post #8

Browncoat

Member No.: 1,958

I sit in my room and listen to Emerald Rose while I reread old favorite books. Sometimes I'll post here and vent or just relax in Daft.
When I'm really tired and stressed I'll pet my cats and let them purr at me until I feel better.
I read webcomics like Sluggy Freelance and GPF if I've just had a really long and tiresome week. Laughing seems to relieve the tension.
When I'm very stressed out and angry I listen to Queen and thump things to the beat.
I've found that having a bowl of popcorn with me helps sometimes, but I'm not sure why.
Watching flame is relaxing for me too, but sometimes it makes me fall asleep.

--------------------
Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all. ~Morpheus, King of Dreams
I am a leaf on the wind. See me soar.
IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image

+Quote Post
I_am_the_best
post Oct 4 2005, 09:17 PM
Post #9

Dirty Laundry

Member No.: 1,573

Oh yes, you reminded me Astarael. I like to have a large bowl by me. I don't know why, it's all cold and hard and is all round and very huggable. I also have mental conversations with a gargoyle on my floor.

--------------------
Emma <3 James <3
"Music is a moral law. It gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, a charm to sadness, gaiety and life to everything. It is the essence of order, and leads to all that is good, just and beautiful, of which it is the invisible, but nevertheless dazzling, passionate, and eternal form." - Plato

+Quote Post
Sky
post Oct 4 2005, 09:36 PM
Post #10

Super advanced member

Member No.: 1,375

Run a Google Images search for 'fractals'.

Or listen to various comedy-type things. Bill Bailey, or Hitchhiker's, or whatever's on Radio 4... bonus anti-stress points for the media player visualisations happy.gif

--------------------
my adopter's better than yours!

With a prompter in every cellar window wispering comebacks, shy people would have the last laugh.

+Quote Post
Novander
post Oct 4 2005, 10:08 PM
Post #11

Take apart your head

Member No.: 1,599

I put on loud music. Whatever I'm in the mood for - sometimes its chilled out and relaxing, sometimes its fast and angry - as long as its what I want to hear, it relaxes me.

Then I stand over my bed,* start juggling and lose myself in the music (the moment, you better never let it go, You only get one shot, do not miss your chance to blow, this opportunity comes once in a lifetime yo)

Or I put on quiet music and lie on my bed to read or just play catch with a juggling ball while thinking deep thoughts about, uh, food and stuff.

So yeah, basically I relax by playing with my balls.

*So when I drop the balls, I don't have to stoop so far to pick them up again.

--------------------
IPB Image
I exist on Last.fm, LiveJournal and Facebook. And occasionally in Real Life.

+Quote Post
gothictheysay
post Oct 4 2005, 11:00 PM
Post #12

living in your basement, eating your candy hearts

Member No.: 959

Nov: <3.

Actually, I just came back from yoga, which combines stress-relieving with mild exercise and relaxation. It's inexplicably wonderful.

--------------------
Being corrupted by candice since 2004
teal and orange is the way forward

+Quote Post
depressed lonely...
post Oct 5 2005, 05:02 AM
Post #13

Depressed, Lonely and getting crazier by the day!

Member No.: 1,469

I walk all the time.
So when I'm angry I pace to music
When I'm stressed I go out for walks
I have my best ideas pacing or walking, something to do with letting my mind move off while foccussing on other things.

Apparantly People do walking meditation.... Cool yes

--------------------
Vote Brian Molko for ruler of the whole world in 2007
I'm only wearing black till they make something darker
There's no I in team but there is a ME if you re-arange the letters!

+Quote Post
Calantyr
post Oct 5 2005, 07:42 AM
Post #14

Perfection Personified

Member No.: 1,548

Find somewhere quiet to do some reading, perhaps do some writing.

If I've got the computer to myself I'll chill out to some tunes and read web comics.

Sometimes I'll just go out for a walk somewhere.

And finally there is going out somewhere for a drink. Anything to keep the mind occupied really.

--------------------
"Too often Fate,
By all abhorred,
To savage poison,
Adds the sword"
- Boethius, The Concillations of Philosophy

+Quote Post
Snugglebum the D...
post Oct 13 2005, 08:32 PM
Post #15

F*cking with the best since 1996

Member No.: 962

I do loads to chill out, most have been mentioned already - reading, drinking, cutting myself off, I also find having a nice long bath is great.

I noticed today that, although I don't do it intentionally, just walking around a bookshop will really calm me right down. It's become such a habit that I hadn't realised that I would always end up in my local bookshop on a weekly basis, whether I buy something or not.

I think it's the smell and just taking my time looking at books, getting excited when one of my authors have released something new.

Course, then I get my wallet out and the bank bitch slaps me.... rolleyes.gif

--------------------
Art should be an expression of what humanity is capable of imagining - not limited to representing that which surrounds us - Demetrios Vakras
funked)out_frog is my special Harem slave
Harem count: Markslut, xkitsurabamix, Black - Wings, Candice, Moop, Daedalus, The Lorax, Franken - Sarah, Artemisia, Cath, Wyvern, Saucy Tara, PsychWardMike, JimiJimi, Fallen Element, Smiler, Korbin Dallas, laenan kite, Valerie, Faerieryn, trunk_girl26, Sir Psycho Sexy, Steam Roxxor, pgrmdave, monkey_called_narth

+Quote Post
CommieBastard
post Oct 13 2005, 08:50 PM
Post #16

Remorseless posting machine

Member No.: 466

I've also recently discovered fencing. Spending an hour doing nothing but concentrating on your footwork, your sword, and your opponent's guard is wonderful.

It's not really relaxation, though. It's work. But work's fun; I can relax in my sleep.

--------------------
Every sort of expert knowledge and every inquiry, and similarly every action and undertaking, seems to seek some good. Because of that, people are right to affirm that the good is 'that which all things seek'...

+Quote Post
Hobbes
post Oct 13 2005, 10:52 PM
Post #17

Advice for the young at heart

Member No.: 33

To relax? Music, music, always music. Usually listening to, but sometimes playing on the piano or - depending on what mood I am coming from - trying to write a bit of music.

And I love to play squash as a way to relax. Even though it clearly involves a lot of non-relaxy type stuff (running around! hitting stuff!), I always end up with a good feeling after playing - whether I have won or not. But 'they' do say that exercise released endorphins which might also explain why I used to enjoy walking a lot too.

+Quote Post
Mata
post Oct 13 2005, 11:02 PM
Post #18

'Trouble Down Pit' now online!

Member No.: 1

Like Commie and Hobbes, I find physical exercise is a good way to unwind, so I've been going to Wing Chun kung fu classes. It's lots of fun, very relaxing to concentrate on something non-academic or computer related, and I've lost weight and gained muscle tone. Bonus!

--------------------
Trouble Down Pit: Still updated every Monday and Friday
The Matazone Games blog
The Matazone Shop The Matazone Blog
The Matazone Corset Shop: Snobz corsets at 10% off their recommended price!

+Quote Post
Kitty
post Oct 13 2005, 11:21 PM
Post #19

Professionally Unprofessional

Member No.: 580

QUOTE (CheeseMoose @ Oct 4 2005, 02:48 PM)
I read, or sit and think about stuff, generally maths based (that's right, I do maths to relax). Or I just sit and watch flames or running water, I can literally do that for hours.

I love it how Brittish say maths instead of math.... I dunno why. Just kind of quirky....

I like to go on walks, ride my bike, go to the gym. Though alot of this stuff tends to make me more stressed. Walks I end up talking to myself and thinking about all the stuff that I need to fix, riding my bike I'm usually looking for someone to talk to and never find someone, the Gym I can only get to by going with my dad and we dont have a schedule anymore so I havent been in _weeks_

I like to read and write when stressed/angry too but that gets me thinking too much sometimes and instead of calming down I sit there and go hysterical dry.gif I like cleaning, but at the moment I have no where to put all my stuff because I ran out of room x.X; so that makes me angry. Everything else people mess up which frustrates me....

Talking to people isnt working these days, their views clash with mine. And I have a letter waiting in the mailbox that I REALLY REALLY REALLYYY want to read but I dont have a key to my mailbox and the only people that do wont be home till sometime between 11-2pm

mad.gif
This is when I resort to a couple shots of some yummy liquior and sit down with random things like homework and the computer a little bit at a time so I dont get mad at them sad.gif

It hasnt been a good few weeks tongue.gif

--------------------
Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things that escape those who dream by night

+Quote Post
voices_in_my_hea...
post Oct 14 2005, 12:07 AM
Post #20

If my woman were a fire...

Member No.: 1,473

I play tennis. Okay, well, it's more like throwing a tennis ball at the garage door, and then hitting it back at the wall as hard as I can. I don't even know the rules of tennis... Maybe I should pay attention in PE.

I used to ride my bike to relax, but that was when we lived on a quiet road with barely any traffic. Now, We're in the middle of town, and it's hard to stay on the sidewalk when someone has parked their car in the middle of it...

I also read. It doesn't really matter what as long as it isn't a dictionary or instruction manuel. I can just go to my room, (It's painted different shades of blue, which is also calming)Turn on my radio, and read a good book. Or I write in my journel. That's always ammusing, because I can read back to entries I made in it in forth grade to right now. It's interesting to see how I've changed, from my handwriting to the way I handle tough situations. (Like how I used to just whine about it, and now I tend to at least try to correct it)

--------------------
Her dignity shone so bright like a light on a hill
and she burned for me, no other man came near her flame.
Bad country songs - the deafening twang of the rich white kid blues.
You can own the strange, but the lights and glares will not make you real.

+Quote Post
Usurper MrTeapot
post Oct 14 2005, 12:18 AM
Post #21

Samauri Teapain

Member No.: 844

QUOTE (Kitty @ Oct 14 2005, 12:21 AM)
QUOTE (CheeseMoose @ Oct 4 2005, 02:48 PM)

I love it how Brittish say maths instead of math.... I dunno why. Just kind of quirky....

Thank Gods you called the Brittish quirky then, we British might have been offended at patronising the correct tongue. Lucky I noticed you didn't mean us.

--------------------
@>-'--,--Cath and gothictheysay are my E-Teapotettes.@>-'--,--
Jaq and believe are my adopted Tea Spoons (wherever they are :'( )
"I am just a worthless liar, I am just an imbecile, I will only complicate you, trust in me and fall aswell."
A proud Viking never stops masturbating.
Taking over Matazone Forums since 2011.

+Quote Post
artist.unknown
post Oct 16 2005, 03:17 AM
Post #22

sesquipedalian

Member No.: 915

I read or sketch. I rarely listen to music to calm down. It only irritates me. I go to tae kwon do and work out all my energy, too ("a bit of the old...ultra-violence"). If I can I go on long bike rides or get lost in the forest for a couple hours.

If I'm really in a mood, though, the best way to chill is tea. Simple, really.

--------------------
-Grammar Nazi-quotes of the yesterday
It is only in his work that an artist can find reality and satisfaction, for the actual world is less intense than the world of his invention and consequently his life, without recourse to violent disorder, does not seem very substantial. -Tennessee Williams

+Quote Post
Sir Psycho Sexy
post Oct 16 2005, 11:19 AM
Post #23

Technically a giant, intellectual midget.

Member No.: 197

QUOTE (Kitty @ Oct 13 2005, 11:21 PM)

Mathematics is plural, so why should the shortened version suddly be a singular? tongue.gif

I mostly get stressed/tense when I'm tired, so I find sleep or just laying down helps me. If I'm feeling adventurous then I might listen to a little music, or watch something funny.

--------------------
He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

+Quote Post
LoLo
post Oct 17 2005, 03:14 PM
Post #24

Kiefer > Jason

Member No.: 51

It totally depends on what type of chilling out I want to do.

I used to draw to unwind, or sculpt, or just do anything artistic in general. Now that I'm a design student and I spend so much time designing stuff drawing, even for more artistic things than I get to do in design work, sometimes just doesn't feel like unwinding.

Yesterday I spent the whole day hanging out on the couch watching movies. I also went shopping, because even if I'm not buying anything I find it relaxing to just walk up and down isles looking at things.

Sometimes I'll just walk, or go someplace to people watch.

I also sometimes will masturbate to unwind since I can't seem to get the sex to unwind anymore. laugh.gif

--------------------

Being Pimped By Aries Since 2003

+Quote Post
Star_of_Lei
post Oct 17 2005, 03:33 PM
Post #25

: insert cultural reference here :

Member No.: 2,054

I read with the music on, I hate it being silent when I read. I sing in front of the mirror, I love singing. I write, poems, songs, stories. I watch TV. I come online. I make dolls online. I do NOT go out. I do NOT socialise! Ever!

--------------------
Sonny-Lei

but you may call me.......................

Dread Pirate Bonney

IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd October 2017 - 03:49 PM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!