Reply to this topicStart new topic
> tip for people at school, when people push you around
heavenlychild_87
post Oct 7 2005, 11:36 PM
Post #1

Super advanced member

Group: New Members
Member No.: 2,041

You guys, when others push you around, it only proves their insecurity. I know that it is not just me who gets pushed around at school. It is a day to day problem for a lot of kids all over the United States.
I, as well as other kids in public schools, need to and have come to realize, that these people who pick on others are just looking for a reaction out of you. A lot of the times they are just doing it to get a rise out of you. People teasing me is something i deal with on a day to day basis. trust me you guys, when it comes to these imature, insecure individuals at school, the best thing any one of us could ever do is ignore them. Also, i find that if that does not work and the situation keeps getting worse and worse, then you most likely need to respond to it by telling a teacher that is close by and within close reach.
I am telling you guys, if you can learn to do this, then in time, it will help you so much in the long run because this will happen all your lives. The sooner you learn to deal with it in a nice calm manner, the better off I, as well as you, will be!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Forever Unknown
post Oct 8 2005, 12:18 AM
Post #2

Microwave your children

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 1,164

I would firstly like to say hooray for a post we can reply to!

Secondly, I actually completely come from the other end of the spectrum. I got a lot of nastiness at school, and it only stopped the day I smacked one of them into the lockers and invited them to come kick seven buckets out of me if they wanted to. Not that I'm encouraging violence or anything, but I found that they were all bark and no bite.

But that's just me... Everyone else says 'ignore them and they'll leave you alone'. I can only assume that they've got good reason to say so.

--------------------
Half Iago. Half Fu Manchu. All bastard.

+Quote Post
heavenlychild_87
post Oct 8 2005, 12:43 AM
Post #3

Super advanced member

QUOTE (Forever Unknown @ Oct 7 2005, 06:18 PM)

Secondly, I actually completely come from the other end of the spectrum. I got a lot of nastiness at school, and it only stopped the day I smacked one of them into the lockers and invited them to come kick seven buckets out of me if they wanted to. Not that I'm encouraging violence or anything, but I found that they were all bark and no bite.

But that's just me... Everyone else says 'ignore them and they'll leave you alone'. I can only assume that they've got good reason to say so.

I can understand where you are coming from. The other day this dirtbag of a girl jumped all down my throat for nothing and i was about to lay her ass out! Get this! She not only jumped down my throat, but she also took it in her hands to shove me! I hadn't experienced such hatred towards a person in my life! Because of her, i was DANGEROUSLY CLOSE to falling down the stairs! I totally freaked out! I told her off! I said "If you EVER EVER do that again- and if you actually have the guts to freaking jump down my throat for something that was not my fault, you and i will have SERIOUS problems you little jerk."

She hasnt messed with me sense... i mean come on! How low can people possibly get? HAHA! Sooner or later, someone is just going to haul off and beat the crap out of these imature, insecure, totally incompetent people! You know what is funny to me? I will NOT feel one bit of sympathy towards them! I will just say "Hey, you brought it on yourselves, dirtbags! Now deal with it!"
I have a question... What in gods name makes these freaks think they have any right to be dogging us when they are no better and probably, (to be more blunt), have worse problems than we do? All i have to say is them doing all this, just proves the stupidity among our fellow teenagers today.

+Quote Post
elphaba2
post Oct 8 2005, 01:28 AM
Post #4

Lord of the Keys

Member No.: 1,329

I tend to wander with earphones in, and I have long, tangly hair that sort of looks like earphone cords. So I generally am not aware of anyone saying anything to me, simply because I'm not aware that they exist. Which causes embarassing situations from time to time, but I do prefer Mr. David Bowie to some random student with an opinion.

You can decide for yourself if that's depressing or not, I guess.

--------------------
can I kiss your dopamine?
In a way I wonder if she's living in a magazine

+Quote Post
heavenlychild_87
post Oct 8 2005, 01:44 AM
Post #5

Super advanced member

QUOTE (elphaba2 @ Oct 7 2005, 07:28 PM)
I tend to wander with earphones in, and I have long, tangly hair that sort of looks like earphone cords. So I generally am not aware of anyone saying anything to me, simply because I'm not aware that they exist. Which causes embarassing situations from time to time, but I do prefer Mr. David Bowie to some random student with an opinion.

You can decide for yourself if that's depressing or not, I guess.

HAHA. Having earphones in is a good way to block out annoying people's voices! Good job! As for the long, tangly hair. Heres some advice.
Why don't you go to a hairstylist. Ask what type of hair cuts would look good on you. She should give you at least a few different hair styles. Then, pick the one you like best, have it done, and your hair will be so much better...you will not have to worry about tangley hair anymore or it looking like earphone cords or any other un-necessary object. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
elphaba2
post Oct 8 2005, 02:20 AM
Post #6

Lord of the Keys

Member No.: 1,329

Aww, thank you; that's very sweet. The earphone-hair is intentional, though. I actually have those pseudo-dreads you see on ugly metal fans in now, but they'll be glorious in a few short months. The back ones are already pretty fine-looking.

--------------------
can I kiss your dopamine?
In a way I wonder if she's living in a magazine

+Quote Post
heavenlychild_87
post Oct 8 2005, 10:11 AM
Post #7

Super advanced member

QUOTE (elphaba2 @ Oct 7 2005, 08:20 PM)
Aww, thank you; that's very sweet. The earphone-hair is intentional, though. I actually have those pseudo-dreads you see on ugly metal fans in now, but they'll be glorious in a few short months. The back ones are already pretty fine-looking.

that's awesome! As long as you are happy, then that is all that counts! ^_ ^ laugh.gif

+Quote Post
voices_in_my_hea...
post Oct 8 2005, 10:27 PM
Post #8

If my woman were a fire...

Member No.: 1,473

The whole "Ignore them" thing never really worked out for me. They'd just keep getting worse so that I'd notice them. I've found that Outsmarting them is a whole lot more fun.

"Hey, look! It's (Insert random Insult-like name here)"
"Why do you feel the need to tease people?"
"...what?"
"Is it a result of your low self-esteem, or are you out to impress your 'friends'?"
"No! I just-"
"Ponder that question for awhile and try and find your true self. Then, come and talk to me again"

I haven't heard from them since. biggrin.gif

Edit: I should probly add that this only works on people with the IQ of a brick. They'll usally be the ones stupid enough to waste their time picking on someone anyway.

--------------------
Her dignity shone so bright like a light on a hill
and she burned for me, no other man came near her flame.
Bad country songs - the deafening twang of the rich white kid blues.
You can own the strange, but the lights and glares will not make you real.

+Quote Post
Usurper MrTeapot
post Oct 8 2005, 11:37 PM
Post #9

Samauri Teapain

Member No.: 844

See back in my day a bully was a real bully. The whole 'ignore them' thing doesn't really help when their intent was to cut your tie in half or slash bits off you hair off. Or the old picking up and dumping into bins gag.

Those were the days.

--------------------
@>-'--,--Cath and gothictheysay are my E-Teapotettes.@>-'--,--
Jaq and believe are my adopted Tea Spoons (wherever they are :'( )
"I am just a worthless liar, I am just an imbecile, I will only complicate you, trust in me and fall aswell."
A proud Viking never stops masturbating.
Taking over Matazone Forums since 2011.

+Quote Post
Velvet
post Oct 9 2005, 11:04 AM
Post #10

Nobody said it was easy....

Member No.: 2,023

I can really understand what you are saying HC.
I have school phobia (yes, there IS such a thing.) it got so bad that I was Anorexic just to try and fit in so the bullying would stop.
Of course this never happened,my Anorexica just got worse, it was only cured when me and my parents went to live in Spain and I got booked into an Anorexica re-hab programe at the hospital, after 8 long weeks of being there and then months of monitoring I was finally cured of the Anorexic monster.
However, I was still school phobic which finally ended when I left school at 14 due to daily bullying.
Before I left I hit one of the bullies and to my amazement I was more confident than ever after that day.
I'm now in work placement to work with British Sign Language and I attend college too!
Now, if anyone bullys me seriouly then I will hit back, life is too dam short to live in fear of others and be bullied.
Stay strong and look after yourself when you need to.
*Hugs*

--------------------
[center] user posted image [/center]

+Quote Post
heavenlychild_87
post Oct 10 2005, 02:20 AM
Post #11

Super advanced member

wow! I never really realized how much people can relate to what i am going through! I find it amazing and well kinda sad at the same time wink.gif

+Quote Post
Velvet
post Oct 10 2005, 08:40 AM
Post #12

Nobody said it was easy....

Member No.: 2,023

HC, whatever problem you face, you are NEVER alone.
It may just be the case of finding others who are suffering/who have suffered.

--------------------
[center] user posted image [/center]

+Quote Post
snow white
post Oct 11 2005, 07:25 AM
Post #13

Member No.: 2,031

QUOTE (heavenlychild_87 @ Oct 7 2005, 07:43 PM)

I can understand where you are coming from. The other day this dirtbag of a girl jumped all down my throat for nothing and i was about to lay her ass out! Get this! She not only jumped down my throat, but she also took it in her hands to shove me! I hadn't experienced such hatred towards a person in my life! Because of her, i was DANGEROUSLY CLOSE to falling down the stairs! I totally freaked out! I told her off! I said "If you EVER EVER do that again- and if you actually have the guts to freaking jump down my throat for something that was not my fault, you and i will have SERIOUS problems you little jerk."

She hasnt messed with me sense... i mean come on! How low can people possibly get? HAHA! Sooner or later, someone is just going to haul off and beat the crap out of these imature, insecure, totally incompetent people! You know what is funny to me? I will NOT feel one bit of sympathy towards them! I will just say "Hey, you brought it on yourselves, dirtbags! Now deal with it!"
I have a question... What in gods name makes these freaks think they have any right to be dogging us when they are no better and probably, (to be more blunt), have worse problems than we do? All i have to say is them doing all this, just proves the stupidity among our fellow teenagers today.

I DON'T REALY KNOW YOU THAT WELL AND I'M COMING INTO A CONVERSATION
A LITTLE LATE BUT PEOPLE LIKE TO PICK FIGHTS WITH ME AND MY FRIENDS A LOT OVER STUPID THINGS SO WE WALK THROUGH THE SCHOOL IN PACKS.
YOU KNOW THE BUDDY SYSTEM. :unsure:

+Quote Post
Jatopian
post Oct 12 2005, 11:51 PM
Post #14

Only posts when he's something to say.

Member No.: 1,933

"Ignore them and they will stop." does not work. I think it may have come from the New Age thought that we can all just 'get along', or it may be a byproduct of tougher crackdowns on school violence.

--------------------
The fansite quiz says I am Mr. Snaffleburger. The fansite quiz is easily manipulated.
"How fine you look when dressed in rage. Your enemies are fortunate that your condition is not permanent. And you're lucky too; red eyes suit so few." -Cheshire Cat, American Mcgee's Alice
"Didn't anyone tell them that it's in the darkness that you see the stars?" -Sarah, "Little Goth Girl: Open Mike Night"
QUOTE(Witless @ Oct 3 2005, 02:16 AM)
My advice, stick to aliens.. they have appendages of all shapes and sizes! Something there for everyone!
[right][snapback]315520[/snapback][/right]

+Quote Post
heavenlychild_87
post Oct 17 2005, 09:21 PM
Post #15

Super advanced member

if the stupid retards are dumb if enough to pick fights with you , then just go ahead and beat the fuck out of them and show them whose boss...stupid retards thinking they are all big and bad when in reality they are nothing but scum...if i were you id let the stupid M.R's know that.. if they hit you then strike back in selfdefense

QUOTE (snow white @ Oct 11 2005, 01:25 AM)
QUOTE (heavenlychild_87 @ Oct 7 2005, 07:43 PM)

I DON'T REALY KNOW YOU THAT WELL AND I'M COMING INTO A CONVERSATION
A LITTLE LATE BUT PEOPLE LIKE TO PICK FIGHTS WITH ME AND MY FRIENDS A LOT OVER STUPID THINGS SO WE WALK THROUGH THE SCHOOL IN PACKS.
YOU KNOW THE BUDDY SYSTEM. unsure.gif

+Quote Post
Espynwislyn
post Oct 18 2005, 12:28 AM
Post #16

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,065

What can be said? People are always looking to start some trouble; it doesn't seem to stop, does it? I for one seem to be a victom of blind innocence. Everyone always said ignore them and they will go away, and I always have. You can guess how that went.
But no more! I will take no more crap from anyone... starting... now.

Um, Picked-on pride, or something to that effect, I guess. Maybe it's just a matter of saying "No. Stop. I'm not going to just sit here and let you walk all over me" Maybe that's enough.

--------------------
The purpose of nonsense is to be nonsensical.
I don't feel as though my words are what is needed in this instance.
"The rest of those who have gone before us cannot steady the unrest of those still here." Finding Forrester by James W. Ellison.

+Quote Post
bryden42
post Oct 21 2005, 08:00 PM
Post #17

Flash Gordon Wannabe

Member No.: 1,984

I, too, am of the fight back school of thought. ignored the bullying for years (both from being a fat git and hanging with the weirdoes). Fought back once and the torment ended.

If the bullying is of a verbal nature give as good as you get, good on you voices in my head, use your noggin' and outsmart them, they hate it.

If it gets physical dont turn away from that either, again give as good as you get, fight dirty, and fight to win, Make sure that you hurt whoever is doing the bullying, the idea here is that these people pick on those that they percieve to be weak, people that are not going to hurt them in return, this assumption has to be challenged and rebuked. Don't take your focus off of one opponent either, pick the person that started it and make that one person wish that they had never started it.

You will get into trouble for this! make no mistake this is a socially unnaceptable thing to do and the powers that be in your school will punish you for it but in my experience it is worth it to end the abuse. The trouble will not last as long as you keep your nose otherwise clean (even after fighting and almost getting suspended i still ended up deputy head boy and a prefect).

You have to decide wether you are able to follow this through both mentally and physically. I personally felt physically sick after inflicting damage on someone else not to mention the physical damage i sustained. So don't go into this lightly.

Another caveat emptor that I will add is that I went through this 16 years ago, knives were not in proliferation (i was chased with a knife once but looking back the knife would not have been used) and neither were guns, both are a little more commonplace nowadays.

The advice I give here is based entirely upon my own experience and the witnessed experiences of others. I can only say that it worked for me and some of my friends and aquaintences.

--------------------
I like your house... can I come in!
S P A N G L E D by Faerieryn

what I do when I have too much time on my hands My Devart page

+Quote Post
ANIME JUNKY
post Oct 26 2005, 11:43 PM
Post #18

Member No.: 2,080

ignoring it .... that dosnot work... are u a teacher? dry.gif the only way that i find that works is pranks, beat them up, and us imagination.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st October 2017 - 05:48 PM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!