Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Henna designs and tattoos?
Pikasyuu
post Oct 13 2005, 04:37 AM
Post #1

suggestive cupcake

Group: Admin
Member No.: 260

Meh. Okay. I'm eighteen now and I can go get inked up whenever I want since I've got enough money to do so - the only question is, can anyone help me with designs? I'll do the wolf-crescent moon one when I've got the money, but what I'd really like is some kind of henna tattoo on my arm/upper arm/wrists. I don't have a design big enough, though. Any help or designs or reccomendations anyone wants to give?

--------------------
i'm like oh kimosabe,
your body is my hobby

the official 'you bitch' count: a whole lot
last updated 11/05
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Moosh
post Oct 13 2005, 04:09 PM
Post #2

I plug directly into my computer

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 1,488

If you do get a henna tattoo, make sure you go to a reputable inker, as I know some people who have had them done then got rashes because the henna was cut with something else. Other than that, no advice here.

--------------------
QUOTE (Peter Griffin)
Math, my dear boy, is nothing more than the lesbian sister of biology.

+Quote Post
Usurper MrTeapot
post Oct 13 2005, 07:13 PM
Post #3

Samauri Teapain

Member No.: 844

Black henna is henna dye mixed with something else, henna should be green before it is applied and stain brown after a few hours.

What I was told, but my henna isn't working properly so I'm not sure.

--------------------
@>-'--,--Cath and gothictheysay are my E-Teapotettes.@>-'--,--
Jaq and believe are my adopted Tea Spoons (wherever they are :'( )
"I am just a worthless liar, I am just an imbecile, I will only complicate you, trust in me and fall aswell."
A proud Viking never stops masturbating.
Taking over Matazone Forums since 2011.

+Quote Post
Jatopian
post Oct 14 2005, 12:47 AM
Post #4

Only posts when he's something to say.

Member No.: 1,933

I will soon be the person whom you hate for sounding like your parents, but...
Why on earth would you want a tattoo, knowing as a well-informed person that you can never completely reverse its effects if you dislike it (well, at least not without spending a huge amount of money)?

--------------------
The fansite quiz says I am Mr. Snaffleburger. The fansite quiz is easily manipulated.
"How fine you look when dressed in rage. Your enemies are fortunate that your condition is not permanent. And you're lucky too; red eyes suit so few." -Cheshire Cat, American Mcgee's Alice
"Didn't anyone tell them that it's in the darkness that you see the stars?" -Sarah, "Little Goth Girl: Open Mike Night"
QUOTE(Witless @ Oct 3 2005, 02:16 AM)
My advice, stick to aliens.. they have appendages of all shapes and sizes! Something there for everyone!
[right][snapback]315520[/snapback][/right]

+Quote Post
Pikasyuu
post Oct 14 2005, 02:06 AM
Post #5

suggestive cupcake

I'm not doing mix it yourself and paste henna. The designs would be an actual tattoo. And about regretting it? I know what I like. I've wanted tattoos and piercings since I was at least six years old and never reversed the decision - I did get piercings and took them out for work, all self-done, but now..I want my tattoo. Rather than henna, though, since the design is so intricate and getting my hands done would hurt, plus I wouldn't be able to cover them up, I've decided on a crescent moon on the underside of one wrist surrounded by christmas light stars, and a sun on the underside of the other surrounded by little supernovas. Cheaper and more indie. Yay! =)

--------------------
i'm like oh kimosabe,
your body is my hobby

last updated 11/05

+Quote Post
arachnidoc17
post Oct 15 2005, 06:19 PM
Post #6

Entomophobic

Member No.: 1,231

Alright, but get it somewhere like your shoulder, because you'd be stuck wearing long sleeved shirts year-round if you were attempting to land a professional job. (Tatoos don't go over well with employers)

--------------------
Myriad Reborn.

Have booze, will travel.

+Quote Post
Moosh
post Oct 15 2005, 06:27 PM
Post #7

She did say that she was going for henna on her wrist, (which isn't permenant) because it would be difficult to cover up.

--------------------
QUOTE (Peter Griffin)

+Quote Post
Snugglebum the D...
post Oct 15 2005, 06:49 PM
Post #8

F*cking with the best since 1996

Member No.: 962

(Tatoos don't go over well with employers)

Absolutely wrong. I have four, one of which is a large back piece and I wear halter necks to work in the summer. I also have 19 piercings, mostly facial. My work place is a professional office environment.

I've had two promotions in the last 18 months, the latest one just last week which has taken me into a higher management role. That's dealing with Clients as well as customers.

Okay - that's reasonably spammy, so... your choice of design sounds really nice Syuu. I keep intending to have something or other on my wrist but I haven't decided yet. Originally, it was going to be my sons name and date of birth but I haven't decided if that's really trite or not? smile.gif

--------------------
Art should be an expression of what humanity is capable of imagining - not limited to representing that which surrounds us - Demetrios Vakras
funked)out_frog is my special Harem slave
Harem count: Markslut, xkitsurabamix, Black - Wings, Candice, Moop, Daedalus, The Lorax, Franken - Sarah, Artemisia, Cath, Wyvern, Saucy Tara, PsychWardMike, JimiJimi, Fallen Element, Smiler, Korbin Dallas, laenan kite, Valerie, Faerieryn, trunk_girl26, Sir Psycho Sexy, Steam Roxxor, pgrmdave, monkey_called_narth

+Quote Post
little_bear
post Oct 15 2005, 07:01 PM
Post #9

I could have written a short novel by this point

Group: Banned
Member No.: 1,378

QUOTE (Snugglebum the Destroyer @ Oct 15 2005, 07:49 PM)
I've had two promotions in the last 18 months, the latest one just last week which has taken me into a higher management role.  That's dealing with Clients as well as customers.

Yeah? Well, at least I have a bigger penis.

By the way, what is a 'henna' tattoo. How does it differ from a bog-standard tattoo?

--------------------
People should not be afraid of their governments, governments should be afraid of their people.

+Quote Post
Daria
post Oct 15 2005, 07:09 PM
Post #10

Wait for the uprising

Member No.: 1,735

Henna is natural ingredients (I don't know exactly, but it smells like freshly cut grass, and hay), and acts as a stain to your skin. You can also get henna hair dyes.
It doesn't permeate your skin as much as a normal tattoo, and fades away within a few weeks- this depends on how much you take care of the skin (i.e moisturising, not scrubbing etc etc).

At least I think this is what Syuu means by henna. I may be completely wrong.

Syuu- your desings sound really nice smile.gif I think I may go get out my henna now, and start having a play at designs. I'd love to get a tattoo, but I am one of those people who gets bored with things pretty easily, and I don't want to get something done which I know I'll regret (biggrin.gif Jatopian)

--------------------
We are unraveling our navels so that we may ingest the sun.

DARIA IZ GOOD ON TOAST

TOAST IZ GOOD ON DARIA

+Quote Post
Moosh
post Oct 15 2005, 07:20 PM
Post #11

QUOTE (little_bear @ Oct 15 2005, 08:01 PM)
By the way, what is a 'henna' tattoo.  How does it differ from a bog-standard tattoo?

henna isn't really a tattoo, it's more like drawing on the skin. Henna is just the name of the stuff that is used.

--------------------
QUOTE (Peter Griffin)

+Quote Post
Pikasyuu
post Oct 15 2005, 08:58 PM
Post #12

suggestive cupcake

What I mean are the henna designs - not the actual henna paste. The designs themselves would be a tattoo, which would be permanent. So I'd ask to have the designs inked on rather than henna'd on. Understand?

And yes, I know, I do work - all any employers I've had ask is that they be covered with ace wrap. Easy peasy!

..I wish I could've kept my piercings like snugs, tho'. X_x

--------------------
i'm like oh kimosabe,
your body is my hobby

last updated 11/05

+Quote Post
Astarael
post Oct 16 2005, 02:19 AM
Post #13

Browncoat

Member No.: 1,958

Your design sounds really pretty and creative, though it's a shame that you'd have to cover them up. Best of luck with having them turn out the way you want.
Snugglebum- Do what you like, but it might prove bothersome if you have other children (already existing or in the future- I'm not sure how many children you have) who want to see their names on your wrist too. It sounds like a sweet idea, but it might be annoying later.

--------------------
Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all. ~Morpheus, King of Dreams
I am a leaf on the wind. See me soar.
IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image

+Quote Post
froggle-rock
post Oct 16 2005, 08:17 AM
Post #14

omno-ahhhhhhh!

Member No.: 1,174

Do you mean mehndi, Syuu?

--------------------
A society that takes itself too seriously risks bottling up its tensions and treating every example of irreverence as a threat to its existence. Humour is one of the great solvents of democracy. It permits the ambiguities and contradictions of public life to be articulated in non-violent forms. It promotes diversity. It enables a multitude of discontents to be expressed in a myriad of spontaneous ways. It is an elixir of constitutional health. J. Sachs in Laugh It Off Promotions CC v SAB International (Finance) BV t/a SabMark International (Freedom of Expression Institute as Amicus Curiae) 2006 (1) SA 144 (CC)

+Quote Post
Mata
post Oct 16 2005, 03:42 PM
Post #15

'Trouble Down Pit' now online!

Member No.: 1

If you like I can have a look at the design and see if I can polish it up. Depending on the style I may or may not be able to help, but I'm happy to have a go.

--------------------
Trouble Down Pit: Still updated every Monday and Friday
The Matazone Games blog
The Matazone Shop The Matazone Blog
The Matazone Corset Shop: Snobz corsets at 10% off their recommended price!

+Quote Post
Pikasyuu
post Oct 17 2005, 04:07 AM
Post #16

suggestive cupcake

Right - mehndi, henna, whatever the designs are made permanent. tongue.gif Thanks, Mata. If you can't, it's no problem, but if you do and I use it, I'll take photos of the tat itself and post them here. Prefferably stuff that could go on the wrists?

--------------------
i'm like oh kimosabe,
your body is my hobby

last updated 11/05

+Quote Post
Mata
post Oct 17 2005, 10:55 AM
Post #17

Have you already got a design in mind that I could have a look at to get things rolling?

--------------------
The Matazone Games blog

+Quote Post
Mr Fuzzy
post Oct 17 2005, 11:17 AM
Post #18

This space intentionally left blank

Member No.: 203

QUOTE (arachnidoc17 @ Oct 15 2005, 07:19 PM)
Alright, but get it somewhere like your shoulder, because you'd be stuck wearing long sleeved shirts year-round if you were attempting to land a professional job.  (Tatoos don't go over well with employers)

That depends on the industry you're wanting to work in. For the maritime industry it can be a positive bonus. I'm not entirely joking here - sailors can be an awkward bunch, and often have little liking or respect for those they see as 'office wallers.'

QUOTE (Snugglebum the Destroyer @ Oct 15 2005, 07:49 PM)
I keep intending to have something or other on my wrist but I haven't decided yet.  Originally, it was going to be my sons name and date of birth but I haven't decided if that's really trite or not?  smile.gif

I'm afraid so. tongue.gif Have you considered working it into a design pictographically? That way you get to avoid risking naffness, and it gives you a good conversation peice explaining where the name and date are hidden in there.

--------------------
We are at war with Eastasia. We have always been at war with Eastasia. We were never at war with Eurasia. Eurasia is our ally.

+Quote Post
Mata
post Oct 17 2005, 01:03 PM
Post #19

You could have it written in heiroglyphs. That would look cool and you could always lie if you think people might not think it's a nice idea. Personally I think it's quite nice to have something like that done in a fairly discrete way (unlike Signor Beckham, for example).

--------------------
The Matazone Games blog

+Quote Post
Snugglebum the D...
post Oct 17 2005, 01:10 PM
Post #20

F*cking with the best since 1996

Member No.: 962

I'm not really bothered by what others think of it - I just don't want a tattoo placement that I would perhaps regret. I have considered having it in a different language or some such but that seems a little silly as I don't actually speak any other languages. Apparently the name Kai means lots of different things in other languages (chicken is one of them, I'm told, but that could be a wind up).

Have you considered working it into a design pictographically? That way you get to avoid risking naffness, and it gives you a good conversation peice explaining where the name and date are hidden in there.

I'm assuming you're not suggesting that I have a heart and scroll design? I may as well have 'MOM' on that... laugh.gif

Astarael - I have just the one and I don't intend to be popping any more out. Ever. It hurts.

--------------------
Art should be an expression of what humanity is capable of imagining - not limited to representing that which surrounds us - Demetrios Vakras
funked)out_frog is my special Harem slave
Harem count: Markslut, xkitsurabamix, Black - Wings, Candice, Moop, Daedalus, The Lorax, Franken - Sarah, Artemisia, Cath, Wyvern, Saucy Tara, PsychWardMike, JimiJimi, Fallen Element, Smiler, Korbin Dallas, laenan kite, Valerie, Faerieryn, trunk_girl26, Sir Psycho Sexy, Steam Roxxor, pgrmdave, monkey_called_narth

+Quote Post
Mr Fuzzy
post Oct 17 2005, 01:39 PM
Post #21

This space intentionally left blank

Member No.: 203

Hmm. You could do that, but few areas of the body have enough space to fit 'Crotch-dropping, about 9:00PM on a Thursday,' along with the rest of a design. wink.gif

I was more thinking along the lines of a rebus, since that gives a fair bit of scope for having a damn good picture while still having a meaning that can be read if you know to look for it.

--------------------
We are at war with Eastasia. We have always been at war with Eastasia. We were never at war with Eurasia. Eurasia is our ally.

+Quote Post
Pikasyuu
post Oct 17 2005, 09:03 PM
Post #22

suggestive cupcake

QUOTE (Mata @ Oct 17 2005, 10:55 PM)
Have you already got a design in mind that I could have a look at to get things rolling?

Not particularly. I'm really open to any of your ideas, or anyone else's - like Mhari's mehndi sounds pretty neat, too. =) The indian style really intrigues me, though.

--------------------
i'm like oh kimosabe,
your body is my hobby

last updated 11/05

+Quote Post
Mata
post Oct 17 2005, 11:17 PM
Post #23

Next time I'm feeling arty I'll see what occurs to me. Don't feel at all obliged to use anything I come up with, but they might prompt you to design something by yourself or help your tattoo artist get creative. If you have a good tattooist they will jump at the chance of making up something!

--------------------
The Matazone Games blog

+Quote Post
Mata
post Oct 24 2005, 12:23 AM
Post #24

How's this? It's a bit of a mix of influences.

The circle represents the infinite. The lotus flower represents the awakening of the human soul, grace, beauty, creativity, sensuality, femininity, and purity. The plum blossoms idea came from another symbolism site I was looking at which discussed butterflies and plum blossoms symbolism a long and healthy life. Well, I figured that butterflies are a little bit twee, so drew the plum blossoms by themselves.

I'm not sure of the technicalities of tattooing, the detail here might be a bit fine to reproduce on skin. I'm pleased with the design though smile.gif

--------------------
The Matazone Games blog

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st October 2017 - 12:20 PM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!