Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Wierdest things, that you have seen
spiffilicious05
post Oct 29 2005, 09:30 PM
Post #1

Empowe(red)

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 614

Okay, I was wandering through good old Boston the other day and saw a rower from the Netherlands Olympic team on the subway (aka the T). Normally I would just find this really cool....except he was carrying a set of oars with him. Please keep in mind oars are VERY large --- approximately 12 - 15 feet in length. He could barely fit onto the train!

I was just wondering, what is the oddest thing you've seen someone carry; be it around the city, the subway, school -- anywhere.
compared to women
height compared to men

just to give you an idea of the size of the oars and WHY it was so odd to see someone carrying them around the subway laugh.gif

--------------------
Squeaky swings and tall grass
The longest shadows ever cast
The water's warm and children swim
And we frolicked about in our summer skin

Where I roam...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mata
post Oct 30 2005, 02:31 PM
Post #2

'Trouble Down Pit' now online!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Hi Spif, long time no see!

This happened back when I was doing my A-levels. The art assistant at the time was about my height (I was a lot shorter then) and we were both wearing black. We were a similar build, although she was a woman. I was walking down one side of the art room and I could see another figure moving at exactly the same pace as me out of the corner of my eye.

Now, we're all accustomed to seeing this sort of thing all the time when we walk down the road. Our reflection keeps pace with us and our subconscious mind understands that the person following our movements is simply our reflection. On this particular day the matching of movements between myself and the art assistant was so close that my mind had assumed that she was my reflection. When I stopped it scared the life out of me: my reflection kept on walking! biggrin.gif

I realised almost instantly, but for one short moment it was an extremely creepy experience!

--------------------
Trouble Down Pit: Still updated every Monday and Friday
The Matazone Games blog
The Matazone Shop The Matazone Blog
The Matazone Corset Shop: Snobz corsets at 10% off their recommended price!

+Quote Post
spiffilicious05
post Oct 30 2005, 07:23 PM
Post #3

Empowe(red)

haha that's funny -- seeing things are we? maybe it's time you get your eyes checked wink.gif

--------------------

Where I roam...

+Quote Post
Kitty
post Oct 30 2005, 10:04 PM
Post #4

Professionally Unprofessional

Member No.: 580

Sounds like your shadow was getting away from you again, eh Peter? laugh.gif

/peterpanreference

--------------------
Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things that escape those who dream by night

+Quote Post
bryden42
post Nov 1 2005, 12:34 PM
Post #5

Flash Gordon Wannabe

Member No.: 1,984

Not something that i have seen, but i was told about the time that my father brought home an RSJ 18 ft long for my grandfather from the building site he was working on, he did this via a supermarket trolley, and the bus.

I have been caught taking cinema standees from the cinema that i used to work at to the local hospital childrens ward, we used to take all of the childrens film cardboard cut outs and give them to the hospital. so i was seen walking down the road with everything from a 10 ft effigy of babe the pig to 15 ft cutouts of buzz lightyear to cartoon dinosaurs. my favourites used to be the multi-piece displays such as the rerelease of snow white that we did when all seven of the dwarves and snow white herself were seen trudging up the high street to the hospital. the kids faces always made it worthwhile though.

--------------------
I like your house... can I come in!
S P A N G L E D by Faerieryn

what I do when I have too much time on my hands My Devart page

+Quote Post
mooooooooooopo
post Nov 2 2005, 02:59 PM
Post #6

: P>

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 991

I brought this giant (3ft) long toy lizard in Majorca several years ago. It was great fun at the airport.

*sticks giant lizard on conveyor of x-ray machine*
*watches operators face as giant lizard shape appears on their screen*

biggrin.gif

--------------------
I am Candice's asw emo e-husband, real life actual husband and all around awesome person, Funked)Out_Frogg's e-paramour. Snugglebum's harem slave. Candice and gothictheysay are my e-pimps.

+Quote Post
sjbbandgeek
post Nov 4 2005, 05:56 AM
Post #7

Member No.: 618

The City of Santa Cruz

+Quote Post
I_am_the_best
post Nov 4 2005, 09:40 AM
Post #8

Dirty Laundry

Member No.: 1,573

Today, whilst walking past the railway bridge, I saw a house that was abnomally thin. Only a metre or so. I'll take a picture of it sometime to show.

--------------------
Emma <3 James <3
"Music is a moral law. It gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, a charm to sadness, gaiety and life to everything. It is the essence of order, and leads to all that is good, just and beautiful, of which it is the invisible, but nevertheless dazzling, passionate, and eternal form." - Plato

+Quote Post
Mata
post Nov 4 2005, 12:52 PM
Post #9

I've seen a few like that around the UK, usually in the old cities where there was an alleyway between two buildings that someone once decided to put a wall on both ends of!

--------------------
The Matazone Games blog

+Quote Post
Usurper MrTeapot
post Nov 4 2005, 01:25 PM
Post #10

Samauri Teapain

Member No.: 844

QUOTE (Mata @ Nov 4 2005, 12:52 PM)
I've seen a few like that around the UK, usually in the old cities where there was an alleyway between two buildings that someone once decided to put a wall on both ends of!

Sometimes they don't even conver them into houses, there are tales of people being trapped between the two...oohhh spooky.

--------------------
@>-'--,--Cath and gothictheysay are my E-Teapotettes.@>-'--,--
Jaq and believe are my adopted Tea Spoons (wherever they are :'( )
"I am just a worthless liar, I am just an imbecile, I will only complicate you, trust in me and fall aswell."
A proud Viking never stops masturbating.
Taking over Matazone Forums since 2011.

+Quote Post
Mata
post Nov 4 2005, 02:39 PM
Post #11

I think it was the St Mary's region in Edinburgh that had loads of people ill during the plague so the rest of the city bricked it up with everyone inside and left them to die. The council's offices are now built on top of the area and the lower regions are massively haunted apparently!

--------------------
The Matazone Games blog

+Quote Post
I_am_the_best
post Nov 4 2005, 05:56 PM
Post #12

Dirty Laundry

Member No.: 1,573

Ok, it's not very weird, but it's quite cool I think. I was looking near the bottom of the page on Matazone to see who was on and it said 'Snow white, seventh dwarf'. I'm sorry, I just thought it was quite cool and coincidental and wanted to say it somewhere.

[/spam]

--------------------
Emma <3 James <3
"Music is a moral law. It gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, a charm to sadness, gaiety and life to everything. It is the essence of order, and leads to all that is good, just and beautiful, of which it is the invisible, but nevertheless dazzling, passionate, and eternal form." - Plato

+Quote Post
{Gothic Angel}
post Nov 4 2005, 07:01 PM
Post #13

My direction

Member No.: 495

The religious wearing of the hat! *points to Greeneyes* tongue.gif

</teasing>

I remember going to Hamleys when I was about 13 with my dad, and coming back via the tube. I bought this huge stuffed leopard toy. On one of the tube stations, me, a female student-type-gig-type-person, and a little girl toddler were standing in a row. The toddler had a McDonalds leopard beanie baby from a happy meal, I had my stuffed leopard, and the student-type-person had an enormous stuffed leopard. We didn't realise till the train pulled up and we saw in the window the row of three of us with our respective size leopards biggrin.gif Maybe not weird, per se, but certainly interesing.

--------------------
Once opened consume within three days. Above post is not suitable for home freezing. Store in a cool, dry area.

+Quote Post
spiffilicious05
post Nov 8 2005, 01:54 AM
Post #14

Empowe(red)

Today, whilst walking past the railway bridge, I saw a house that was abnomally thin. Only a metre or so. I'll take a picture of it sometime to show.

There's a house back home ontop of a factory building. A big old warehouse (sp?) with a nice, quaint, two story little house and a fence ontop.

The reason why they put it up there though is because years ago when the property was bought the seller made a rule in the contract that the house must remain on the property. So, when contracters wanted to put up a factory, they took the house and moved it ontop. laugh.gif silly huh? -- it has a great view of the mall though....or so I asumme..... rolleyes.gif

--------------------

Where I roam...

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd October 2017 - 03:22 PM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!