IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules 

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Funny stuff people put on applications, You know you look.
oobunnie
post Nov 8 2005, 12:30 AM
Post #1

''Am'nt I the cutest ickle bunny?'' asmodeus

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 64

This topic is one I stole from another forum, but It tends to be so funny.
I know most people look at resumes and applications when they come regardless of wether their management or not. So.....

I think the best one I saw was when I was working at a Club called the Standard. On the application where it asks why you want to work here, the girl wrote "to support my habits". Granted she was polish and answered other questions strangely, but I thought this was just to funny.
Another was when I was working at East Side Marios. One of the questions on the applications is "How long do you plan on staying with East Side Mario's?" and honest to god the guys answer was "until I get fired, or I decide to or quit."

Best interview mishap:
This was also when I was working at the Standard. I asked to girl if she has ever had disputes with a customer and if so; how she handled it. She replied "A customer once saw me eating the left overs off his plate and got really mad about it. I simply explained to him that he hadn't planned to take it with him anyway."

--------------------
Heaven has a road, but no one travels it; Hell has no gate but men will dig to get there. ~Chinese Proverb
I am the Ickle Mascot of Ish
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
voices_in_my_hea...
post Nov 8 2005, 12:43 AM
Post #2

If my woman were a fire...

Member No.: 1,473

Do those sheets they give you to fill out at the doctors office count? If yes, My sister was sick and I was asking her the questions out loud. Most of these answers ended up on the papers.
Are you pregnant?
God, I hope not.
Do you smoke?
unsure.gif ...
Well?
...Um, no.
Good. What are your hobbies?
Smoking.

This is the same girl who put School and Eating for hobbies on her job application for The Cake Factory. laugh.gif

--------------------
Her dignity shone so bright like a light on a hill
and she burned for me, no other man came near her flame.
Bad country songs - the deafening twang of the rich white kid blues.
You can own the strange, but the lights and glares will not make you real.

+Quote Post
Ashbless
post Nov 8 2005, 04:21 AM
Post #3

I could have written a short novel by this point

Member No.: 1,112

I always have a huh.gif moment when looking at the question "have you committed of a crime for which you have not been pardoned?"

It just strikes me as the same lovely english as "have you stopped beating your wife?"

--------------------
IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion, It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shaking, the shaking becomes a warning, It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. - SpeakertotheLost

+Quote Post
Novander
post Nov 8 2005, 12:22 PM
Post #4

Take apart your head

Member No.: 1,599

Can I take this opportunity to direct your attention towards Overqualified. Its a collection of cover letters sent out by Joey of a softer world fame. Comic genius.

--------------------
IPB Image
I exist on Last.fm, LiveJournal and Facebook. And occasionally in Real Life.

+Quote Post
Cath Sparrow
post Nov 8 2005, 02:30 PM
Post #5

I've been brainwashed

Group: Admin
Member No.: 526

A friend of mine recently filled in an application form where one of the questions was :- Who'd win in a fight Sean Penn or David Hasselhoff? And having been taught well by my friends, his house mates obviously said the Hoff!

--------------------
How would you feel about life if Death was your older sister? You're only young once but you can stay immature indefinetly!!!!

+Quote Post
oobunnie
post Nov 8 2005, 08:05 PM
Post #6

''Am'nt I the cutest ickle bunny?'' asmodeus

Member No.: 64

Yeah I've seen some pretty weird stuff on applications to. Like "Have you see all the police acdemy movies? How many times?", Or "Do you have a nickname?" and they wanted you to draw a picture of yourself on that one. laugh.gif

--------------------
Heaven has a road, but no one travels it; Hell has no gate but men will dig to get there. ~Chinese Proverb
I am the Ickle Mascot of Ish
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination!

+Quote Post
I_am_the_best
post Nov 8 2005, 08:20 PM
Post #7

Dirty Laundry

Member No.: 1,573

We usually get given forms at school to fill in about our personal details. They never actually take them in, just check we've done them, so we all just have a laugh with them. Last year when it said 'emergency contact number' we all wrote '999' I'll go have a look for my sheet and put on some more because my memory fails to serve right now.

--------------------
Emma <3 James <3
"Music is a moral law. It gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, a charm to sadness, gaiety and life to everything. It is the essence of order, and leads to all that is good, just and beautiful, of which it is the invisible, but nevertheless dazzling, passionate, and eternal form." - Plato

+Quote Post
Astarael
post Nov 8 2005, 10:23 PM
Post #8

Browncoat

Member No.: 1,958

We've gotten a few school surveys about personal things as well. It asked about sexual orientation in one place, so about 80 people put transexual when they realized it was anonymous. It confused the school counselors to no end. laugh.gif It had one bit about "What number would you call if you couldn't call anyone you knew and you were in trouble?" They wanted us to say 911, but the same 80 or so put 666 and wrote "Hail Satan" in the comments box. There was a lot of stuff on the announcements about talking to your counselor if you had any problems after that. biggrin.gif

--------------------
Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all. ~Morpheus, King of Dreams
I am a leaf on the wind. See me soar.
IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image

+Quote Post
pvcfairy
post Nov 10 2005, 08:44 PM
Post #9

Advanced Member

Group: New Members
Member No.: 1,200

my sister misread the question on her provisional driving lisence form Can you read a number plate as x distance with or without glass? with the answer no
they sent back the form and cheque questioning her blind status. We still laugh at her now nearly 10 years on

--------------------
I'm sweet and innocent me

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st October 2017 - 11:24 PM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!