IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules 
> Myspace, Do you?
Do you have a myspace or not?
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total Votes: 51
Guests cannot vote 
Kitty
post Nov 12 2005, 04:38 PM
Post #1

Professionally Unprofessional

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 580

Yeah so it seems to me that either myspace is held very highly in someones life, or very very lowly. Personally, everyone I know has a myspace and loves it, except for a select few who absolutley loathe it.

I'm one of the ones that refuses to have a myspace on principle alone. But my brother gives his reasons, which I find fairly funny:

Yeah F****** Right.

Do people actually write, read or comment on blogs? Even the most popular goddamn profiles in this hell hole have like 20 comments tops on their blogs. Just proves to me how this place is some sort of cheap ego booster for "depressed" middle class teenager, mad over the fact that they got an RSX instead of an RL. Boohoo.

This place is so full of f****** vain emo/hardcore kids it's insane! I imagine some dirty hipster sitting at his computer getting on this s*** nightly playing "hot or not" but instead of "hot" he hits "add as friends"

"Like, OMG, your bands suck but I like your sweater and nice haircut ADD!"

Myspace is one big NonUglyEmos LJ community, thirteen million strong and counting.

I dont think its to be hated to his extreme, but what do you think?

--------------------
Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things that escape those who dream by night
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 24)
markslut
post Nov 12 2005, 05:36 PM
Post #2

Probably sees visions

Member No.: 909

I have one and tend to read the bullitins - it would be nice to have a friends page like Livejournal as opposed to having to log in, then click blog home and then read each one individually - yes it is like hot or not and like any such profile site there are more men (often with minimal profiles to get in to view girls pictures) then there are women - (on one the ratio was about 10 to 1)

oh and I have no comments on my blog (and very little angst too)

--------------------
The combined Nurse and Geisha of ISH!
IPB Image
Your Corset is Your Armour - Lace it Tightly - Breathing is Unimportant

+Quote Post
Calantyr
post Nov 12 2005, 07:01 PM
Post #3

Perfection Personified

Member No.: 1,548

Yeah it's a bit weird. I'm on it and I get random add requests from people who are completely... well... all the personality of a goal post. 5 pages of friends requests a day and almost none of them could spell.

Saying that I have met some cool people through it. Got to take the good with the bad I guess. But if I get one more message from some cheap 16 year old crack whore wannabe that goes "U r so hot!1 aDD m3!!!!11" I think I'm gonna cut someone.

--------------------
"Too often Fate,
By all abhorred,
To savage poison,
Adds the sword"
- Boethius, The Concillations of Philosophy

+Quote Post
I_am_the_best
post Nov 12 2005, 08:46 PM
Post #4

Dirty Laundry

Member No.: 1,573

I got a myspace account last year just for the hell of having one, everyone seemed to so I thought there must be some appeal. Never went on it again. Not that there was anything wrong with it, there was just nothing to do and I though 'bah, why waste my time on pointless things like that when I could be doing more pointless stuff but getting fun from it too.'

--------------------
Emma <3 James <3
"Music is a moral law. It gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, a charm to sadness, gaiety and life to everything. It is the essence of order, and leads to all that is good, just and beautiful, of which it is the invisible, but nevertheless dazzling, passionate, and eternal form." - Plato

+Quote Post
voices_in_my_hea...
post Nov 12 2005, 09:21 PM
Post #5

If my woman were a fire...

Member No.: 1,473

My sister has tried over and over agian to explain to me why she likes it, but I don't seem to be able to understand. It just seems like another site dedicated to people posting their pictures so that they can be told over and over agian how beatiful they are.

I'm not saying that anyone who has an account there is horrible or anything, I'm just saying that it seems like a big game of Hot or Not to me.

--------------------
Her dignity shone so bright like a light on a hill
and she burned for me, no other man came near her flame.
Bad country songs - the deafening twang of the rich white kid blues.
You can own the strange, but the lights and glares will not make you real.

+Quote Post
Astarael
post Nov 12 2005, 10:49 PM
Post #6

Browncoat

Member No.: 1,958

It seems like a mass ego-stroking for people who like feeling tragic and unloved until some other online friend tells them what a special person they are. It looks very pointless and time-wasting to me.

Kitty: In the poll, did you mean rabid wolves? If it's truly rabbit wolves, I want to talk to the person who did the genetic modification. laugh.gif

--------------------
Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all. ~Morpheus, King of Dreams
I am a leaf on the wind. See me soar.
IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image

+Quote Post
vicrawr
post Nov 13 2005, 12:29 AM
Post #7

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 374

I do it to keep in touch with friends from highschool.

+Quote Post
Kitty
post Nov 13 2005, 01:23 AM
Post #8

QUOTE (Astarael @ Nov 12 2005, 06:49 PM)
Kitty: In the poll, did you mean rabid wolves? If it's truly rabbit wolves, I want to talk to the person who did the genetic modification.  laugh.gif

tongue.gif Its been bugging me, I saw that after I made the poll.

WHERE ARE THE MODS?!?!

--------------------
Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things that escape those who dream by night

+Quote Post
Phyllis
post Nov 13 2005, 03:39 AM
Post #9

Candbrush Threepwood

Member No.: 345

QUOTE (IrishGuy @ Nov 12 2005, 04:29 PM)
I do it to keep in touch with friends from highschool.

Ditto. I found a few people I hadn't seen since 8th grade on there (which was 10 years ago now...). I made an account because it wouldn't let me message them otherwise.

I really don't like the format of it. I only use it to message those people...that's it. For actual blogging purposes I use LJ.

--------------------
I love you in a way that is mystical and eternal and illegal in 20 states.

+Quote Post
craziness
post Nov 13 2005, 05:57 AM
Post #10

crazi

Member No.: 20

im guilty. probably every kid in my entire school has one. i dont blog in it at all though. i also use LJ if i blog. i think its kind of a cool way to keep in touch with people and stuff. but my page is awesome. i hate people who put pictures of their naked ass up in my face or sketchy people who request you and you dont know them. i know a lot of people though.... i have like 200 people on mine and i know all of them.

--------------------
Love is real.

+Quote Post
CrazyFooIAintGet...
post Nov 13 2005, 01:16 PM
Post #11

Has been kidnapped by gerbils and forced to post on here repeatedly

Member No.: 606

I hate it but I have one anyway tongue.gif I have a habit of wasting lots of time writing silly profile things. I drew my picuture in mspaint so I dont get many people trying to add me.. I dont use the blog thing either.

--------------------
Kung fu fighting from 25th April 2010

+Quote Post
Kitty
post Nov 13 2005, 08:00 PM
Post #12

The only reasonable reason for joining Myspace I can see would be for finding old/lost friends. But I'm gussing most of you agree that alot of people on there are "some dirty hipster sitting at his computer getting on this s*** nightly playing "hot or not" but instead of "hot" he hits "add as friends"" ?

--------------------

+Quote Post
PsychWardMike
post Nov 13 2005, 11:06 PM
Post #13

I'm attracted by the potential for reckless abuse of power.

Member No.: 1,105

I've got one... I check on it occasionally, but it's mostly there so that more people can discover the awesome-osity that is Mike.

--------------------
I'm just a Viewtiful Girl living in a Viewtiful World.
Henshin a-go-go, baby.

I swear to God, the above post was not intended to incite flame wars or to offend you.

+Quote Post
arachnidoc17
post Nov 14 2005, 12:34 AM
Post #14

Entomophobic

Member No.: 1,231

I'd rather be hit by the wolverines AND the Badgers with Hammers.

--------------------
Myriad Reborn.

Have booze, will travel.

+Quote Post
LoLo
post Nov 15 2005, 04:05 AM
Post #15

Kiefer > Jason

Group: Admin
Member No.: 51

QUOTE (Kitty @ Nov 12 2005, 05:23 PM)
QUOTE (Astarael @ Nov 12 2005, 06:49 PM)
Kitty: In the poll, did you mean rabid wolves? If it's truly rabbit wolves, I want to talk to the person who did the genetic modification.  laugh.gif

tongue.gif Its been bugging me, I saw that after I made the poll.

WHERE ARE THE MODS?!?!

I kind of like it as rabbit wolves. I'll change it though tongue.gif

I think we already had a myspace thread. I have one and you can find me if you can find the matazone group that I started on there. We don't really use the forums anymore, but it's kind of fun to have the little tag on my profile, and it pimps out mata's site while I'm at it.

--------------------

Being Pimped By Aries Since 2003

+Quote Post
Kitty
post Nov 16 2005, 07:59 PM
Post #16

Do you think if there was a rabbit-wolf hybrid, that instead of taking huge chunks out of you when it attempts to eat you, it would take nibbles? huh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
LoLo
post Nov 16 2005, 08:11 PM
Post #17

Kiefer > Jason

QUOTE (Kitty @ Nov 16 2005, 11:59 AM)
Do you think if there was a rabbit-wolf hybrid, that instead of taking huge chunks out of you when it attempts to eat you, it would take nibbles? huh.gif

That or hump your leg a whole hell of a lot.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Astarael
post Nov 18 2005, 03:27 AM
Post #18

Browncoat

QUOTE (LoLo @ Nov 16 2005, 04:11 PM)
That or hump your leg a whole hell of a lot.

Nah, that's what annoying small dogs do. Rabbits just panic and pee on you if they're scared. tongue.gif If there was a rabbit-wolf hybrid, it would probably roam in packs, bring down deadly carrots in packs, and sniff wistfully in the direction of the moon.

--------------------
Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all. ~Morpheus, King of Dreams

+Quote Post
Kitty
post Nov 19 2005, 09:58 PM
Post #19

Hmm ^^ I think I'd like a rabbit wolf tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Snugglebum the D...
post Nov 23 2005, 09:35 PM
Post #20

F*cking with the best since 1996

Member No.: 962

Apparently, I do indeed Myspace. blink.gif

I opened an account a little while back when a mate had a band space he wanted me to look at. I didn't do anything with it, it just kinda sat there. So today I thought I'd set it up properly just for the hell of it - hands up those who think I'm likely to regret this shortly? wink.gif

Actually, I regret it already if only because if I want to personalise it (which I'm such a sucker for) I need to use HTML, which I know is childs play, but I'm still backward enough with the PC that I'm not sure I can be bothered.

I'm sure it'll be like several other of my random accounts where I check it daily out of habit, meet a cool person who will always be a one off and then delete whatever else falls into my inbox. Ahhh, apathy, my old friend.

Anyone want to join my friends group to make me feel a little less pathetic? biggrin.gif

--------------------
Art should be an expression of what humanity is capable of imagining - not limited to representing that which surrounds us - Demetrios Vakras
funked)out_frog is my special Harem slave
Harem count: Markslut, xkitsurabamix, Black - Wings, Candice, Moop, Daedalus, The Lorax, Franken - Sarah, Artemisia, Cath, Wyvern, Saucy Tara, PsychWardMike, JimiJimi, Fallen Element, Smiler, Korbin Dallas, laenan kite, Valerie, Faerieryn, trunk_girl26, Sir Psycho Sexy, Steam Roxxor, pgrmdave, monkey_called_narth

+Quote Post
LoLo
post Nov 23 2005, 09:43 PM
Post #21

Kiefer > Jason

QUOTE (Snugglebum the Destroyer @ Nov 23 2005, 01:35 PM)
Anyone want to join my friends group to make me feel a little less pathetic?  biggrin.gif

Sure I'm whatever the begining part of a member url on myspace is .lololio

You add me and I'll add you back.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Paulie
post Nov 23 2005, 09:53 PM
Post #22

Group: New Members
Member No.: 2,096

I got an account a while back because an ex had one, and...well...you know...it seemed like a good idea. Gradually gained friends since then so I've kept it. Got more friends on there than in real life. sad.gif

+Quote Post
Astarael
post Nov 26 2005, 02:01 AM
Post #23

Browncoat

Even my slightly crazy LJ-addicted friends refuse to use MySpace for pretty much all of the reasons listed. They scream at anyone they find using what they refer to as "that filthy emo mess." It's funny watching the rivalries of online journals and forums as people are attracted to new trends. laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
snooodlysnoosnoo...
post Nov 26 2005, 05:28 PM
Post #24

dream to make believe

Member No.: 863

I have a My Space, I use it mainly to listen to music of bands I'd otherwise know nothing about. Also it's good for keeping up with friends who you don't see any more.

--------------------
Last.fm
snoo is about as evil as a muffin

+Quote Post
Snugglebum the D...
post Nov 26 2005, 06:01 PM
Post #25

F*cking with the best since 1996

Member No.: 962

I have a My Space, I use it mainly to listen to music of bands I'd otherwise know nothing about.

I found yours on my travels and was really chuffed to find you like i-def-i. I discovered them from a mate who plays in Profane. Still trying to convince those guys into to playing somewhere south of Birmingham. biggrin.gif

I feel that how you use Myspace really does change the response you get from it. If you're blatently going to use it to get laid (pictures of you in your underwear or using a particularly offensive word in your title will do this) then you really shouldn't be surprised that you get twats contacting you.

I've made it reasonably clear on there that I'm looking for people to chat to and NOT some sordid net crap and I'm picky about who I allow to contact me.

--------------------
Art should be an expression of what humanity is capable of imagining - not limited to representing that which surrounds us - Demetrios Vakras
funked)out_frog is my special Harem slave
Harem count: Markslut, xkitsurabamix, Black - Wings, Candice, Moop, Daedalus, The Lorax, Franken - Sarah, Artemisia, Cath, Wyvern, Saucy Tara, PsychWardMike, JimiJimi, Fallen Element, Smiler, Korbin Dallas, laenan kite, Valerie, Faerieryn, trunk_girl26, Sir Psycho Sexy, Steam Roxxor, pgrmdave, monkey_called_narth

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th October 2017 - 05:22 AM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!