Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Car Accident
pgrmdave
post Nov 16 2005, 11:36 PM
Post #1

^random image of the day

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 1,604

So, Beccareb, KingAndrč, and myself got into a bit of an accident today. Nobody was hurt, and the damage to the cars isn't bad. It was raining hard; a car pulled out in front of me and I didn't have enough time to stop, but I swerved and only the corners of our cars are damaged. We were able to get the police there, and he took down all of our information, but what do I do now? Will insurance pay to fix my car? Will my insurance go up? Is there anything else I should be aware of?

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
oobunnie
post Nov 16 2005, 11:41 PM
Post #2

''Am'nt I the cutest ickle bunny?'' asmodeus

Member No.: 64

If it was in a parking lot and he was the one pulling out of a spot, then he was in the wrong. If this is the case then you won't have to up front pay a thing. His insurance will pay for your damage. Depending on your age, number of accidents ect. it could possibly affect your premiums. Just call your insurance broker to tell them you want to put through a claim, and they'll be able to help sort you through it.

--------------------
Heaven has a road, but no one travels it; Hell has no gate but men will dig to get there. ~Chinese Proverb
I am the Ickle Mascot of Ish
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination!

+Quote Post
oxym0ronical
post Nov 17 2005, 12:44 AM
Post #3

badfish

Member No.: 139

There's likely a law that states that there has to be an accident report filed if the damage is above X amount of money. I'd file one even if it's under the amount, just to cover your butt when it comes to insurance.

The next thing you want to do is call your insurance company and let them know what happened. They'll likely deal with the other guy's insurance company from that point on. Both companies should send an adjustor to inspect your vehicles and determine the amount of damage.

Was he ticketed? Were you ticketed? What were the weather conditions, and the conditions of the road? These are things they'll ask you. They'll also ask you, step by step, what you remember happening.

Re: premiums - technically, if it's not your fault, your insurance shouldn't go up. However, you run the risk of it whenever you file a claim - your fault or not. Your age will play a big part of it.

Good luck!

+Quote Post
pgrmdave
post Nov 17 2005, 01:32 AM
Post #4

^random image of the day

Member No.: 1,604

I was driving down a busy road and she was making a left hand turn onto the road across my lane, it was terribly rainy. As far as I know there were no tickets involved, at least against me.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mata
post Nov 17 2005, 02:05 AM
Post #5

'Trouble Down Pit' now online!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

I've got no idea about the legal implications, but I'm glad to hear you're all okay.

--------------------
Trouble Down Pit: Still updated every Monday and Friday
The Matazone Games blog
The Matazone Shop The Matazone Blog
The Matazone Corset Shop: Snobz corsets at 10% off their recommended price!

+Quote Post
oobunnie
post Nov 17 2005, 03:15 AM
Post #6

''Am'nt I the cutest ickle bunny?'' asmodeus

Member No.: 64

Well I suppsoe it still depends what type of a stop you or rather they were at. But it sounds as if they were in the wrong. Possibly the officer already filed an accident report. If not your going to want to get the file/case number of the information that the officer took, and the information from the other driver and file a accident report at your local police station. If by the traffic laws of where ever you live they were in the wrong I would file to have your car fixed.

--------------------
Heaven has a road, but no one travels it; Hell has no gate but men will dig to get there. ~Chinese Proverb
I am the Ickle Mascot of Ish
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination!

+Quote Post
Cath Sparrow
post Nov 17 2005, 02:10 PM
Post #7

I've been brainwashed

Group: Admin
Member No.: 526

You need to contact your insurance company they will sort it out from there if someones going to make a claime and will contact you if need be to let you know what to do. You need the accident report number from the police for the insurance company. Did the other driver admit liability? If so and she doesn't contest it, her company will pay for repairs. If the damage was little enough that you want to pay for repair or not do anything still contact them just dont actually claime unless she's trying to claim again you and if you know and can prove you were in the right. It all depends really on how amically you and the other driver want to deal with it. If you make a claime on your own insurance that is likely to put it up but if your making a claim against someone else it's likely to. This is based on my knowledge of UK insurance companies.

--------------------
How would you feel about life if Death was your older sister? You're only young once but you can stay immature indefinetly!!!!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd October 2017 - 06:26 AM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!