Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Nightclubs, A flight of fantasy
bryden42
post Nov 20 2005, 03:55 AM
Post #1

Flash Gordon Wannabe

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 1,984

I was thinking today about my ultimate pipedream lifestyle, and it would be to own a nightclub. a three story club in an old church with goth, metal and industrial on different floors, a food service and chill out area and my room on the top floor and...... if I were to go into it any more i would be here all night.

so my question to you fair matazonians is what would your ultimate nightclub be like?

--------------------
I like your house... can I come in!
S P A N G L E D by Faerieryn

what I do when I have too much time on my hands My Devart page
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ashbless
post Nov 20 2005, 04:56 AM
Post #2

I could have written a short novel by this point

Member No.: 1,112

I thought a huge-sized building with one (or two) area(s) in traditional nightclub style. The rest of the area set up in rooms. A kitchen table area, an english club room with big armchairs and cool library, poker room, etc. Soundproofing to allow conversation/quiet music in one and loud partying in another part of the same facility. Rooms change by owners whim. Maybe even a room suggestion box? Staff wander through taking drink/munchie orders and possibly acting as bouncers.
A limit of so many people during the night and then that's it. If you come too late you're barred even if you're famous/rich.

--------------------
IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion, It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shaking, the shaking becomes a warning, It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. - SpeakertotheLost

+Quote Post
oobunnie
post Nov 20 2005, 05:07 AM
Post #3

''Am'nt I the cutest ickle bunny?'' asmodeus

Member No.: 64

The coolest club I've ever been to was one in Toronto. It was shaped like ummm a squid. It had the center where you started then went of into corridors to go to other rooms, and each room was a different scene. It was really funky.

But thats a bit dramamtic, I would probably want a club that was club on one or two levels and then more pub style on another. And there would be game stations in the pub bit. Or like virtual reality booths. So much fun.

--------------------
Heaven has a road, but no one travels it; Hell has no gate but men will dig to get there. ~Chinese Proverb
I am the Ickle Mascot of Ish
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination!

+Quote Post
{Gothic Angel}
post Nov 21 2005, 08:12 PM
Post #4

My direction

Member No.: 495

I was discussing this with my friend the other day, actually biggrin.gif We decided we would have a theme club (inspired by a real club somewhere in New York (the city)) with a fantasy theme. You have to come dressed as elves, dwarves, fantasy themed peoples of any type - you can wear modern clothes or old style clothes, so long as you appear to be from a fantasy race (or humans wearing fantasy-style clothes). The music would be a mix, everything from Sky - Toccata, to Marylin Manson - This is the new sh!t. We would have like a huge dance arena with rows of tables like an amphitheatre, but underground. And a wooden panneled bar. And RPG style drinks biggrin.gif

--------------------
Once opened consume within three days. Above post is not suitable for home freezing. Store in a cool, dry area.

+Quote Post
Calantyr
post Nov 22 2005, 12:54 AM
Post #5

Perfection Personified

Member No.: 1,548

Big arse derelict cathedral. Central dance area and balconies expanded to provide an extra huge area above. Maybe seperate rooms in the annexes for slightly different music. Not gothed up with tacky stuff. Relying more on the actual archetecture with the necessary modernisation.

Yeah, I can't explain it properly. Hopefully you can see it.

--------------------
"Too often Fate,
By all abhorred,
To savage poison,
Adds the sword"
- Boethius, The Concillations of Philosophy

+Quote Post
Forever Unknown
post Nov 22 2005, 01:00 AM
Post #6

Microwave your children

Member No.: 1,164

QUOTE (Calantyr @ Nov 22 2005, 12:54 AM)
Big arse derelict cathedral. Central dance area and balconies expanded to provide an extra huge area above. Maybe seperate rooms in the annexes for slightly different music. Not gothed up with tacky stuff. Relying more on the actual archetecture with the necessary modernisation.

Yeah, I can't explain it properly. Hopefully you can see it.

Ever been to the KoKo in Camden? Not a cathedral, but an old theatre. You'd find the interior spot on. Not sure if it's a nightclub, but is certainly a music venue. Quite simply, it's a stunning place. Three or four levels of balconies overlooking the bottom clearing with come real classy decor. You should check it out.

--------------------
Half Iago. Half Fu Manchu. All bastard.

+Quote Post
Smiler
post Nov 22 2005, 09:28 AM
Post #7

Ooga Booga!! SMILE!

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,379

Ah, my destiny at some point me thinks smile.gif I wouldnt mind somewhere like the Bedford in Balham but done up. A prominent corner building with three or four floors. It would be pretty gothic but with a good 'ol English Pub feel.
Comfy sofas, big tables/ benches about and booths along the walls. Upstairs and to the side a bit there'd be a old circle theatre/ stage with balcony entrance and bars on both levels. Live stand-up regularly. Gigs of course. Live bands simultaneous to another floor of DJ like activities.
Kickass juke-box with basically nothing but rock/metal/indie classics plus a few of my personal faves... oh yeah... and you gotta have a bit of cheese stashed away.
Jonny Walker, JD and Guinness at the bar and some permanent bar props to chat to before its lively... cant go wrong wink.gif

--------------------
Presently defacto leader of the scuttler nation; conform, consume, o'smile for snaffie's sake --> A smile a day keeps th...Ah sod it...just SMILE!!!Some weird dragon lady gave me a cookie and said if I got in the van she'd adopt me. I ignored mummy and went with Wyvern & lookee here, I now have my own adoptee to cause chaos: Stardust_Smile...Official barman to Tribe Wyvern COME VISIT but beware the Monkey Overlords, they plan the demise of the hairless ones. Your house is at risk. Always read the label.

+Quote Post
I_am_the_best
post Nov 22 2005, 06:14 PM
Post #8

Dirty Laundry

Member No.: 1,573

Mine would have several floors each with different themes.

Basement - Hardcore techno/industrial music here. White walls but with only black lights on and a couple of lazers going round.

Ground floor - A little more gentle, more pub-ish atmosphere but with live rock/metal/indie bands.

1st floor - Big comfy beanbag chairs and cushions all over the floor. Just a chill out place really to get away from all the noise.

2nd floor - Very stylish. Black leather chairs and dim lighting with candles and large paintings on the walls. Perhaps a jazz pianist in the corner. 'Swish' perhaps?

--------------------
Emma <3 James <3
"Music is a moral law. It gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, a charm to sadness, gaiety and life to everything. It is the essence of order, and leads to all that is good, just and beautiful, of which it is the invisible, but nevertheless dazzling, passionate, and eternal form." - Plato

+Quote Post
Calantyr
post Nov 23 2005, 03:08 PM
Post #9

Perfection Personified

Member No.: 1,548

QUOTE (Forever Unknown @ Nov 22 2005, 02:00 AM)
QUOTE (Calantyr @ Nov 22 2005, 12:54 AM)
Stuff.

Ever been to the KoKo in Camden? Not a cathedral, but an old theatre. You'd find the interior spot on. Not sure if it's a nightclub, but is certainly a music venue. Quite simply, it's a stunning place. Three or four levels of balconies overlooking the bottom clearing with come real classy decor. You should check it out.

Ooooh, thanks for the headsup. No I havn't been there but I'll be sure to once I have some MONEY!

Ah, my destiny at some point me thinks  I wouldnt mind somewhere like the Bedford in Balham but done up. A prominent corner building with three or four floors. It would be pretty gothic but with a good 'ol English Pub feel.

Where abouts is that? I only live about 15 mins walk from Balham and I havn't heard of it.

I'm always finding out excellent new places to visit in London. Damn I love this city.

--------------------
"Too often Fate,
By all abhorred,
To savage poison,
Adds the sword"
- Boethius, The Concillations of Philosophy

+Quote Post
Smiler
post Nov 25 2005, 01:56 PM
Post #10

Ooga Booga!! SMILE!

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,379

QUOTE (Calantyr @ Nov 23 2005, 04:08 PM)
Ah, my destiny at some point me thinks  I wouldnt mind somewhere like the Bedford in Balham but done up. A prominent corner building with three or four floors. It would be pretty gothic but with a good 'ol English Pub feel.

Where abouts is that? I only live about 15 mins walk from Balham and I havn't heard of it.

I'm always finding out excellent new places to visit in London. Damn I love this city.

Duuuuuude your just around the corner from me then... ish... by corner I mean Tooting, but it aint far wink.gif

As you come out of Balham Tube near the overline exit, walk up with Sainsbury's on your left and its on the corner opposite. Its practically under the bridge. Not bad at all although I always feel really young in there. Its a kind of quasi trendy old mans pub cross. The foods ok, and the drink flows but its best known as the host to Banana Cabaret, the comedy night on Fridays and Saturdays. Its upstairs in a theatre like the one I described and is always a great night! Not a bad base for the design of my ideal to be honest.

--------------------
Presently defacto leader of the scuttler nation; conform, consume, o'smile for snaffie's sake --> A smile a day keeps th...Ah sod it...just SMILE!!!Some weird dragon lady gave me a cookie and said if I got in the van she'd adopt me. I ignored mummy and went with Wyvern & lookee here, I now have my own adoptee to cause chaos: Stardust_Smile...Official barman to Tribe Wyvern COME VISIT but beware the Monkey Overlords, they plan the demise of the hairless ones. Your house is at risk. Always read the label.

+Quote Post
Omnicidal Maniac
post Dec 1 2005, 07:18 PM
Post #11

That's 'Sir Guppy' to you

Group: New Members
Member No.: 2,142

I've never posted on matazone before, but I read this link and thought that to post here would be most appropriate! My dream club was Full Tilt. The Electric Ballroom hasn't changed much since Full Tilt, but it just doesn't feel the same.

For those who have never been to the Ballroom, it is now Sin City on a Friday, I went once and left after an hour, because I felt depressed by the sleazyness (the kind that only belongs in Perversion (Elektrowerkz, Islington, or at least that's where it used to be). But Full Tilt was definately amazing!

Bottom/main floor - Industrial and Goth, stuff that got you moving and grooving till 4 o'clock in the morning

2nd floor- Metal of all kinds, the only place where I've heard played Life Of Agony!

3rd floor- Chill out and techno, still pumping but just generally more sombre, as we used to call it the Make Out Room (we were very original when we were sixteen! Whoops, I mean eighteen because that's what it said on my id blink.gif )

Things just haven't been the same since it went, but Oh the memories
rolleyes.gif

--------------------
When the monkeys come to steal your brains, then at last you will know my pain...

+Quote Post
bryden42
post Dec 4 2005, 10:24 AM
Post #12

Flash Gordon Wannabe

hello omnicidal,

that sounds much like the kind of thing that I would love to do, had a chance to go to full tilt once but money let me down, I missed an amazing night, the kind of night that spawns a hundred in jokes amongst friends and I wasnt there. But full tilt did sound amazing from what the guys were saying.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Spacehappy
post Dec 5 2005, 02:51 AM
Post #13

Matazone acolyte

Member No.: 183

QUOTE (bryden42 @ Nov 20 2005, 03:55 AM)
I was thinking today about my ultimate pipedream lifestyle, and it would be to own a nightclub. a three story club in an old church with goth, metal and industrial on different floors, a food service and chill out area and my room on the top floor and...... if I were to go into it any more i would be here all night.

Take out the Church and food bit, and you got the Welsh Club (the old one i used to goto not the one they do now).

The best night club that i liked was the "Stage Door" now regretably Minsky's. Good goth/punk and food all for 2 quid (free meal with entry). Also Radcliffs (the orginal square club, bring your own albums and play them).

My favourite club would have to be a mix of them i suppose, but no own albums ( can you imagine the Dead Kennedys followed by Britney *shudder*.

+Quote Post
bryden42
post Dec 5 2005, 02:52 PM
Post #14

Flash Gordon Wannabe

used to be a clwb ifor bach man myself between 1996 - 1999 did you ever get down to the hippo club?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Spacehappy
post Dec 5 2005, 03:18 PM
Post #15

Matazone acolyte

Member No.: 183

QUOTE (bryden42 @ Dec 5 2005, 02:52 PM)
used to be a clwb ifor bach man myself between 1996 - 1999 did you ever get down to the hippo club?

Yeh Bogies orginally, then bogies down stairs and the hippo clup upstairs. Went there alot early 90's late 90's was a Metros boy. Did the Welsh club though (clwb ifor bach), and CF1 when Carlos took over it. If you ever went to metros on a Tuesday, thursday, Friday or Saturday from 95-01 then you definatly would have seen me.

Did barfly for awhile but that place is too cramped for dancing.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th October 2017 - 09:35 AM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!