IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules 

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Favourite Character Class
What did you choose?
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total Votes: 17
Guests cannot vote 
Mutilation
post Jan 4 2006, 05:11 PM
Post #1

Speed of Life

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 952

I was just wondering, do you think the character class you pick in any RPG game of sorts represent you in real life? Any personality traits you share with the the little guy on the screen?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Righteous
post Jan 4 2006, 05:22 PM
Post #2

Shut up, noob!

Member No.: 367

When I do Star Wars LARP, my character is usually warrior oriented. For example, my last character was a force adept and my present character is a smuggler. I will say, though, with Medieval-type RPGs, I like dudes who can do both magic and melee fighting.

--------------------
With every breath...and all that I am...I will make a stand...until the end.

+Quote Post
FeralPolyglot
post Jan 4 2006, 05:31 PM
Post #3

=^^= ~~

Member No.: 1,690

When I play D&D, I tend to be a Druid or a Sorcerer. I'm currently playing a Sorcerer/Cleric. (The cleric bit may change in the near future.) I like playing a Druids and/or Magic users because I do feel that it shares some with my personality. I'm somewhat of a tree-hugger and part of me stubbornly maintains that my Hogwarts Acceptance Letter is still in the mail somewhere... Accio Acceptance Letter! *looks around expectantly* Bah, still no luck... happy.gif lol.

-Cerin
=^^= ~~

--------------------
-Cerin
=^^= ~~

What have you done today to make you feel proud?
"Be the change that you want to see in the world." -Mohandas Gandhi
"We do not inherit the land from our fathers, we borrow it from our children." -Native American Proverb
"Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Walk beside me and just be my friend." - Albert Camus
"You can't change the music of your soul." -Katherine Hepburn
"Do not try and bend the spoon. That's impossible. Instead, only try to realize the truth. (...) There is no spoon. Then you'll see that it is not the spoon that bends, it is only yourself." -The Matrix

+Quote Post
{Gothic Angel}
post Jan 4 2006, 07:45 PM
Post #4

My direction

Member No.: 495

*Bounces up and down*

I've done this in media!

--------------------
Once opened consume within three days. Above post is not suitable for home freezing. Store in a cool, dry area.

+Quote Post
Usurper MrTeapot
post Jan 4 2006, 08:47 PM
Post #5

Samauri Teapain

Member No.: 844

Always a sneaky halfling thief.

--------------------
@>-'--,--Cath and gothictheysay are my E-Teapotettes.@>-'--,--
Jaq and believe are my adopted Tea Spoons (wherever they are :'( )
"I am just a worthless liar, I am just an imbecile, I will only complicate you, trust in me and fall aswell."
A proud Viking never stops masturbating.
Taking over Matazone Forums since 2011.

+Quote Post
Novander
post Jan 4 2006, 10:03 PM
Post #6

Take apart your head

Member No.: 1,599

Where have you hidden my precious Ranger option?

--------------------
IPB Image
I exist on Last.fm, LiveJournal and Facebook. And occasionally in Real Life.

+Quote Post
Calantyr
post Jan 4 2006, 10:34 PM
Post #7

Perfection Personified

Member No.: 1,548

Rangery and thiefy types. I like being able to deal out the punishment but also be subtle.

Saying that, I'm going to be a Halruula wizard in my next campaign. Forgotten Realms. More magic missles than sense. biggrin.gif

--------------------
"Too often Fate,
By all abhorred,
To savage poison,
Adds the sword"
- Boethius, The Concillations of Philosophy

+Quote Post
Mutilation
post Jan 5 2006, 01:43 PM
Post #8

Speed of Life

Just to let you know the closest I ever got to playing D&D was Baldur's Gate, so sorry if I haven't a clue what your class is >_<

Do you think there could be some people who do the opposite, and choose the strong fighter barbarian type guy because in real life they're well, physically not the most buff of people?

+Quote Post
{Gothic Angel}
post Jan 5 2006, 04:55 PM
Post #9

My direction

To be honest, I would imagine the skinny geeky types or the less buff types would be more inclined to go for sneaky people or magic users, because that keeps you well out of the firing line, where you've been trying to stay all your life, allows you to retain your intelligence and thought processes, and lets you make fun of the thick tough people who have spent their lives beating you up. Plus you're well equipped to beat them up back, and that's fun for everyone happy.gif

--------------------
Once opened consume within three days. Above post is not suitable for home freezing. Store in a cool, dry area.

+Quote Post
Mutilation
post Jan 5 2006, 05:08 PM
Post #10

Speed of Life

QUOTE ({Gothic Angel} @ Jan 5 2006, 04:55 PM)
To be honest, I would imagine the skinny geeky types or the less buff types would be more inclined to go for sneaky people or magic users, because that keeps you well out of the firing line, where you've been trying to stay all your life, allows you to retain your intelligence and thought processes, and lets you make fun of the thick tough people who have spent their lives beating you up. Plus you're well equipped to beat them up back, and that's fun for everyone happy.gif

That's a good point actually, the only problem is that it's going to vary from person to person, some might play the class that suits them, some might take the other theory.

+Quote Post
{Gothic Angel}
post Jan 5 2006, 05:46 PM
Post #11

My direction

Well, I wasn't suggesting everyone will follow that model. I just think if you want a prediction for the stereotype "less than buff roleplayer", that's mine tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mittens322
post Jan 8 2006, 02:59 AM
Post #12

Hoo-ha!

Member No.: 1,929

In D&D, I'm an Elf Fighter.

--------------------
Been to the funny farm lately? I have!
FF doesn't mean Final Fantasy.
!SLIPKNOT RULES! KoRn, too.
Go to hell.

+Quote Post
EvilSpork
post Jan 8 2006, 05:17 AM
Post #13

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaang

Member No.: 829

In most RPGs I'm a rogue or a thief... Something along those lines.

The Thief series of games are some of my favorite.

I'm pretty nimble, quiet and creative... I think the profession could fit me if I wanted it to.

+Quote Post
Astarael
post Jan 8 2006, 07:15 PM
Post #14

Browncoat

Member No.: 1,958

I tend to be either a fighter or a ranger in my D&D-based games. No subtlety most of the time if you have a fighter, but they pack a severe punch. Mages can be fun, but I get impatient when I'm trying to pull them through the lower-level spells, and they just keep dying when the spells are gone. Mages may be phenomenal at high levels, but swords never run out. A fighter with four or five proficiency points in a bastard sword or a two-handed sword (especially once you get a magic weapon) can be pretty awe-inspiring in a fight. tongue.gif

--------------------
Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all. ~Morpheus, King of Dreams
I am a leaf on the wind. See me soar.
IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image

+Quote Post
haunted tape-dis...
post Jan 8 2006, 07:55 PM
Post #15

Advanced Member

Group: New Members
Member No.: 2,018

I usually go with some sort of magic using thing. I see it as a way to vindicate my nerdiness. "You have a point, I may not be able to lift the sword. But you know what? Bam! now you're on fire".

--------------------
DUKE (V/O)
We were somewhere around Barstow on the edge of the desert when the drugs began to take hold. I remember saying something like: "I feel a bit lightheaded. Maybe you should drive..." Suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us and the sky was full of what looked like huge bats, all swooping and screeching and diving around the car... ... and a voice was screaming: Holy Jesus! What are these goddamn animals?

+Quote Post
Radaga
post Jan 8 2006, 10:37 PM
Post #16

Super advanced member

Member No.: 2,189

Sorcerers, or Paladins. on fanatasy settings.. on SW I would be Jedi warrior, on RIFTS, a Mystic, or Psionicist, or perhaps a CyberKnight, on MERP, possibly an archer, and so on

oh, and of course, on Werewolf, Shadowlords rule suppreme.

--------------------
Pupil:Selina

IPB Image

After my last tangle with the no-meat bunch I decided that never again would an innocent animal die for my supper. Since then I've eaten only vegetarians.

+Quote Post
exceptional1709
post Jan 30 2006, 11:23 PM
Post #17

Incapable of normal thought

Member No.: 1,344

White mage. Seeing as I wouldn't win a fist-fight (or sword-fight) in real life, I feel better casting spells than whacking things. Yay.

--------------------
Official Beanbag-monger for TRIBE WYVERN (Visit us here!)
VOTE MR SB FOR FAVOURITE ANIMATION! (Go here to vote!)
--OBEY--OBEY--OBEY--OBEY--OBEY--OBEY--OBEY--OBEY--OBEY--OBEY--OBEY--OBEY--
Proud owner of a Violet Scuttler from the Tribe Wyvern lab. Not for rental or resale.
Mata loves us, this we know. Because the forums tell us so. All our souls to him belong. We are weak but he is strong
Always read the small print. You never know what it might say. You're leaving your brain open to subliminal messages. Being paranoid is good.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd October 2017 - 11:02 PM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!