Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Money, and what to do with it?
El Nino
post Jan 27 2006, 01:55 PM
Post #1

I pull the wings off god

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 1,340

I will soon be getting enough money to do one of two things that I've always wanted to, and I can't decide which. One is to take more driving lessons. The other is to get my own PC.

I know it's my decision but I want both so much for different reasons. Can you help me make my mind up please?

--------------------
Please try to remember, when reading my posts, that I've probably not watched the same films & tv shows as you. I try not to watch music vids & I've also probably not even heard about them from other people. Man to woman "If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong!"/She's all lips & hips, she knows how to use them to make you flip//Liquor store & gun store, next to one another, with only one purpose, so you all kill each other,//Member of the pro cath association // Froggys' sugar-e-daddy//You can't spell politics without tics/[b]/Note to self: Infinite Diversity in Infinite Combinations = human stupidity.Dip me in chocolate and throw me to the females (not shemales).
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mata
post Jan 27 2006, 03:31 PM
Post #2

'Trouble Down Pit' now online!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Well, once you've learn to drive you won't have to pay for lessons any more, but there will always be a time when you need to spend more money on the PC. I'd probably get the driving lessons out of the way. You appear to still have access to a PC already, and if you wait a little longer you'll find that the prices will always get cheaper.

--------------------
Trouble Down Pit: Still updated every Monday and Friday
The Matazone Games blog
The Matazone Shop The Matazone Blog
The Matazone Corset Shop: Snobz corsets at 10% off their recommended price!

+Quote Post
Cath Sparrow
post Jan 27 2006, 05:46 PM
Post #3

I've been brainwashed

Member No.: 526

What he said! biggrin.gif

--------------------
How would you feel about life if Death was your older sister? You're only young once but you can stay immature indefinetly!!!!

+Quote Post
Astarael
post Jan 27 2006, 10:56 PM
Post #4

Browncoat

Member No.: 1,958

^ seconds above posts
Really, some PCs can be very cheap if you look in the right places and don't go for the very newest ones. Driving lessons will help you until you're too old to drive safely, but you'll need a new PC eventually anyway. Try putting the PC off for a while unless you urgently need it for a job or something.

--------------------
Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all. ~Morpheus, King of Dreams
I am a leaf on the wind. See me soar.
IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image

+Quote Post
El Nino
post Jan 30 2006, 12:34 PM
Post #5

I pull the wings off god

Member No.: 1,340

QUOTE (Mata @ Jan 27 2006, 03:31 PM)
Well, once you've learn to drive you won't have to pay for lessons any more, but there will always be a time when you need to spend more money on the PC. I'd probably get the driving lessons out of the way. You appear to still have access to a PC already, and if you wait a little longer you'll find that the prices will always get cheaper.

The thing is that once I've learned to drive, I'll need to buy a car. And once I've done that, I'll need to fix it when it brakes down, refill the petrol when I use it, get insurance, tax, MOTs, Services and I'm sure there'll be more. And yes I do have VERY limited access to both a computer and the internet. And that really p*sses me off, not even being able to go to sites like chopping block, they've even blocked myspace. So thanks for helping.

Oh look this is my 911th post

This post has been edited by Because I can: Jan 30 2006, 12:37 PM

--------------------
Please try to remember, when reading my posts, that I've probably not watched the same films & tv shows as you. I try not to watch music vids & I've also probably not even heard about them from other people. Man to woman "If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong!"/She's all lips & hips, she knows how to use them to make you flip//Liquor store & gun store, next to one another, with only one purpose, so you all kill each other,//Member of the pro cath association // Froggys' sugar-e-daddy//You can't spell politics without tics/[b]/Note to self: Infinite Diversity in Infinite Combinations = human stupidity.Dip me in chocolate and throw me to the females (not shemales).

+Quote Post
mooooooooooopo
post Jan 30 2006, 01:28 PM
Post #6

: P>

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 991

Personally I'd go for the driving lessons - they allow you to get away from that nasty internet thing that sucks up your free time and your soul and your money and so on (which seems to be what it turns into when you have it available 100% of the time).

smile.gif

--------------------
I am Candice's asw emo e-husband, real life actual husband and all around awesome person, Funked)Out_Frogg's e-paramour. Snugglebum's harem slave. Candice and gothictheysay are my e-pimps.

+Quote Post
Mata
post Jan 30 2006, 01:36 PM
Post #7

'Trouble Down Pit' now online!

Member No.: 1

QUOTE (Because I can @ Jan 30 2006, 12:34 PM)
The thing is that once I've learned to drive, I'll need to buy a car.

Why? You could just keep the driving license around for a time when you have more money and get on with doing other things in the meantime. Knowing how to drive is handy, but it doesn't mean that because you can do it then you absolutely must, it just means that sometimes it will be your turn to stay sober and drive people home from the pub... Hmm... Maybe you should buy the PC then biggrin.gif

--------------------
Trouble Down Pit: Still updated every Monday and Friday
The Matazone Games blog
The Matazone Shop The Matazone Blog
The Matazone Corset Shop: Snobz corsets at 10% off their recommended price!

+Quote Post
Kitty
post Jan 30 2006, 04:39 PM
Post #8

Professionally Unprofessional

Member No.: 580

If you're going to be needing to do alot of stuff on the computer then I'd probably go for that, but if you're perfectly fine with your current computer setup then I'd go for the driving lessons. Personally I love to drive and want to be really good at it, but I do spend more time in my house around my pc, so I'd probably opt to get a new pc first, then return to saving for the driving lessons.

--------------------
Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things that escape those who dream by night

+Quote Post
Pixelgoth
post Jan 30 2006, 06:32 PM
Post #9

Flaps and spins on the spot

Member No.: 390

Either I'm getting deja vue here or I'm sure I've already answered this question in a thread a while ago??

--------------------
Hope confidentally, do valiantly, wait patiently!
Rather light a candle than complain about the dark!
Enjoy what you have and hope for what you lack
Thoughts become things, choose the good ones[/center]
[center]Carpe diem

+Quote Post
Icey
post Feb 5 2006, 08:30 PM
Post #10

Worrying

Member No.: 2,228

Might be a bit late now....

DRIVING LESSONS!

I've got my test on the 1st of March, and trust me, it'll be the best feeling ever once I pass, I can't believe I've left it for so long and relied on others to ferry me around!

Driving = Freedom smile.gif

--------------------
Icey

Life is like a taxi. The meter just keeps a-ticking whether you are getting somewhere or just standing still.
- Lou Erickso

+Quote Post
BlueOrange25
post Feb 11 2006, 04:16 PM
Post #11

Group: New Members
Member No.: 1,950

Go for the driving lessons. True, you may not be able to drive straight away, but you'll be acquiring a skill which will benefit you greatly in future, particularly if you're looking for a job.

You're right in pointing out the great expense involved in driving, and lessons are only a part of it, but is it any different to the expense of upgrading a PC? Any money you spend on a PC will devalue in a matter of months. A driving licence (even if you don't have a car immediately) is a qualification that will be with you for the long term.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th October 2017 - 04:42 PM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!