Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Happy New Year!, dog days are apon us
Ashbless
post Feb 2 2006, 02:55 PM
Post #1

I could have written a short novel by this point

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 1,112

Truth be told I'm not sure what day this month starts the next Chinese year. Our new year though is the year of the Dog.

People born in 1970, 1982, 1994, and this year - this is your year.

Personally I'm told I'm a water Rat.
People born in the Year of the Rat are noted for their charm and attraction for the opposite sex. They work hard to achieve their goals, acquire possessions, and are likely to be perfectionists. They are basically thrifty with money. Rat people are easily angered and love to gossip. Their ambitions are big, and they are usually very successful. They are most compatible with people born in the years of the Dragon, Monkey, and Ox.

edited by Ashbless: Feb.3

Happy New Year!
*sets off fireworks*

--------------------
IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion, It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shaking, the shaking becomes a warning, It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. - SpeakertotheLost
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mata
post Feb 2 2006, 04:00 PM
Post #2

'Trouble Down Pit' now online!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

The Chinese new year was a couple of days ago; my parents were, by luck, in Hong Kong at the time, so I'm looking forward to hearing about it. Happy new year!

I'm a dragon, but only just. The Chinese new year started on Feb 17th in 1977 so I slip into 1976's fire element dragon category, which basically means that I roxxor, or something like that.

EDIT:
The Fire Dragon is a powerful force to be reckoned with. This is a Dragon doubled! The Fire Dragon can move from calm and collected to combustible in a matter of seconds. In some ways the Fire Dragon is his or her own worst enemy. These Dragons cannot help feeling they are valuable and all-knowing. When they are right their vehemence and vigor is an asset to the cause, and though they value objectivity, they do not always employ the best decision-making measures, and sometimes jump to the wrong conclusion. They also suffer from recklessness and quick tempers. Yet, when they do keep their temper, emotions, and rivaling spirit under control, they emanate a commanding influence on other people.

--------------------
Trouble Down Pit: Still updated every Monday and Friday
The Matazone Games blog
The Matazone Shop The Matazone Blog
The Matazone Corset Shop: Snobz corsets at 10% off their recommended price!

+Quote Post
Pixelgoth
post Feb 3 2006, 04:39 PM
Post #3

Flaps and spins on the spot

Member No.: 390

QUOTE (Mata @ Feb 2 2006, 04:00 PM)
I'm a dragon, but only just. The Chinese new year started on Feb 17th in 1977 so I slip into 1976's fire element dragon category, which basically means that I roxxor, or something like that.

I too am a fire dragon (hence my tattoo smile.gif). BEST dragon to be. I am inviiiinsssiiiible laugh.gif

Can you get pictures from your parents?

Apparently the year of the dog isn't good for the dragon sad.gif

"You'll devote much of your time and energy to the task of bringing to a successful conclusion the projects that you have your heart set on, but some unexpected obstacles will slow down their progress and put your patience to the rough test. Also, you'll often be set against yourself, for you will have too much ambition and will forgive yourself no weakness or shortcoming. Try to be less tense and you'll be promptly rewarded, as this year the stars will greatly favor patience and tenacity.

Casual encounters may very well end up as profound friendships. These relationships will prove most interesting to you since, apart from their sentimental aspect, a common intellectual research will give your exchanges a non-conventional character that will delight you. Remember that 'friendship doubles joys and reduces sorrows by half' (Francis Bacon)."

What Your Element Has to Add

Fire Dragon
Savor pleasure fully as it comes along, however transitory it may be: That's the philosophic stance you will adopt this time, and you'll be determined to enforce it in all fields. In love, particularly, you'll show no desire to ask yourself unnecessary questions."

--------------------
Hope confidentally, do valiantly, wait patiently!
Rather light a candle than complain about the dark!
Enjoy what you have and hope for what you lack
Thoughts become things, choose the good ones[/center]
[center]Carpe diem

+Quote Post
bryden42
post Feb 3 2006, 09:09 PM
Post #4

Flash Gordon Wannabe

Member No.: 1,984

october 8th 1976, me too on the fire dragon front, but i have air headed libran western astrology to calm me down a bit.... but yeah im bloody invincible too! smile.gif

Of course the down side is that we are going to be 30 this year sad.gif oh well, age and wisdom and all that.

--------------------
I like your house... can I come in!
S P A N G L E D by Faerieryn

what I do when I have too much time on my hands My Devart page

+Quote Post
voices_in_my_hea...
post Feb 3 2006, 10:20 PM
Post #5

If my woman were a fire...

Member No.: 1,473

Hmm... I'm a monkey.

People born in the Year of the Monkey are the erratic geniuses of the cycle. Clever, skillful, and flexible, they are remarkably inventive and original and can solve the most difficult problems with ease. There are few fields in which Monkey people wouldn't be successful but they have a disconcerting habit of being too agreeable. They want to do things now, and if they cannot get started immediately, they become discouraged and sometimes leave their projects. Having common sense, Monkey people have a deep desire for knowledge and have excellent memories. Monkey people are strong willed but their anger cools quickly. They are most compatible with the Dragon and Rat.

That's so close it's kinda creepy. unsure.gif

--------------------
Her dignity shone so bright like a light on a hill
and she burned for me, no other man came near her flame.
Bad country songs - the deafening twang of the rich white kid blues.
You can own the strange, but the lights and glares will not make you real.

+Quote Post
Mata
post Feb 3 2006, 11:18 PM
Post #6

QUOTE (bryden42 @ Feb 3 2006, 09:09 PM)
Of  course the down side is that we are going to be 30 this year sad.gif oh well, age and wisdom and all that.

Speak for yourself: I'm still 28... For another 41 minutes!

--------------------
The Matazone Games blog

+Quote Post
bryden42
post Feb 4 2006, 12:59 AM
Post #7

Flash Gordon Wannabe

Member No.: 1,984

ooh ooh, happy birthday Mata!

--------------------
I like your house... can I come in!
S P A N G L E D by Faerieryn

what I do when I have too much time on my hands My Devart page

+Quote Post
Astarael
post Feb 4 2006, 01:54 AM
Post #8

Browncoat

Member No.: 1,958

Happy birthday, Mata! smile.gif

I'm an Earth Snake, apparently.
Personality-wise, Snakes are not people who can be easily ignored. They possess a strong, charismatic presence and a charm which has been described by some astrologers as "bewitching" or "beguiling." With a penetrating eye and attention to the desires of their conquests, they're known as experts in the art of seduction.

That bit really couldn't be more wrong. It's a bit funny. tongue.gif

In ancient Taoism, the Snake is the symbol of wisdom. Therefore people born during the Year of the Snake are said to be endowed with deep philosophical understanding. They are born thinkers who excel in finding solutions to complex problems.

That's a bit closer. Sometimes I even find algebra relaxing, even though math is one of my least favorite subjects. *is a geek*

Those of you born under the influence of the Chinese Astrology Element of Earth are wise, serene and prudent, firmly rooted in your morals, ethics and responsibilities. Led by logic rather than emotion, you seek to plan your life as far out in advance as possible, to expect the unexpected and control your destiny down to the last detail. You're so bound by logic and dependent upon controlling your situation that you have a fear of the unknown. Consequently, you question your instincts, distrusting even your most cherished dreams and seeing your whims as frivolous distractions.

That one's rather uncomfortably true.
I'll turn seventeen in twenty days.

--------------------
Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all. ~Morpheus, King of Dreams
I am a leaf on the wind. See me soar.
IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image

+Quote Post
Moosh
post Feb 4 2006, 10:08 AM
Post #9

I plug directly into my computer

Member No.: 1,488

I am a Metal Horse. That just sounds great.

Horse  people have a balance of the best kind of qualities. Have you ever seen a wild horse on the beach, with flying mane and flaring nostrils, every muscle bursting with life and je ne sais quois? Without a doubt, the Horse is the standard for grace, strength, rhythm and nobility. They have an amazing capacity for hard work. As a result, they know great success and financial security in their lifetimes. Often quite ostentatious, they enjoy being with large crowds and always seek out the grand and magnificent. They need people and have a weakness for those of the opposite sex. You can often find Horses at concerts, music festivals, and the Super Bowls of life.

Parsley Soup and Ginger Root are among the keys to good health!!

From evening clothes to blue jeans, from the opera to country and western, the Metal Horse is the epitome of a chameleon. Twisting and turning to new experiences, these Horses will go wherever adventure beckons, always bursting with enthusiasm for their very active and productive life. Because of this, their social circle includes some of the most interesting people with opposing and refreshing points of view. Conversation is a high art. Their natural intuition keeps them in lively sync with people they meet. Metal Horses are also very talented people, whether it be in sports, managing the bottom line, or dancing their own interpretation of hip hop. They are most resourceful; if they don't know about a subject, they find the time to learn about it. They never have to lose precious time worrying about what might have been. Although they are very serious and responsible workers and have successful careers, they experience a volatile financial life, up and down, up and down. Although they certainly never have to go begging, they need to exercise financial restraint to keep their lives on a stable course. Love life for the Metal Horse is fine in every respect. They make loyal and understanding partners and they receive the best in return!

Famous Horse People: Duke of Windsor, Princess Margaret, Billy Graham, Igor Stravinsky, Bertrand Russell, Joseph Haydn, Barbra Streisand, Nelson Mandela, Anwar Sadat, Neil Armstrong

--------------------
QUOTE (Peter Griffin)
Math, my dear boy, is nothing more than the lesbian sister of biology.

+Quote Post
Icey
post Feb 4 2006, 06:01 PM
Post #10

Worrying

Member No.: 2,228

I am the chinese starsign 'Rat'.

I couldnt say that I've been sucessful in life so far, but I guess I'm angry smile.gif

--------------------
Icey

Life is like a taxi. The meter just keeps a-ticking whether you are getting somewhere or just standing still.
- Lou Erickso

+Quote Post
artist.unknown
post Feb 4 2006, 07:31 PM
Post #11

sesquipedalian

Member No.: 915

I love Chinese New Year. The Buddhist monks in the temple behind my house have a hoot. Huzzah for gongs at 2 am and drugged pigeons in the yard! Truly, you must respect a religion where joy is expressed by flailing wildly at a drum. It's why we Protestant types are so glum. We play bagpipes. And bagpipes don't relieve stress, they cause it.
Me a Earth Dragon:
The powerful Dragon is the physically healthy(as a smooshed fly), sentimental (no) visionary of the Chinese zodiac. Outspoken (no), lucky(no) and financially fortunate(no), Dragons show boundless energy(no) and vitality. These proud souls do not like to be challenged, and their nature is that of "unpredictability." (no--OCD--twitch twitch)Egotistic(I hope no), and always high-profile, Dragons are assertive, boisterous(no), and extroverted(ha!!) personalities. Successful and popular(nein), this 5th sign of the zodiac produces excellent actors (er...no.)and performers, and are born to be in the public eye. Lucky, original, enthusiastic, and healthy, the ardent Dragon needs a strong and intriguing partner, or else they may opt to live a solitary life(fair enough). The Dragon gathers strength during its own morning hours of 7:00am - 9:00am.

Sadly, I must expose this zodiac business as "full of crap." tongue.gif

--------------------
-Grammar Nazi-quotes of the yesterday
It is only in his work that an artist can find reality and satisfaction, for the actual world is less intense than the world of his invention and consequently his life, without recourse to violent disorder, does not seem very substantial. -Tennessee Williams

+Quote Post
I_am_the_best
post Feb 4 2006, 08:55 PM
Post #12

Dirty Laundry

Member No.: 1,573

I'm a metal goat (or sheep).

Some of what it said about sheep was true to me and some not.

--------------------
Emma <3 James <3
"Music is a moral law. It gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, a charm to sadness, gaiety and life to everything. It is the essence of order, and leads to all that is good, just and beautiful, of which it is the invisible, but nevertheless dazzling, passionate, and eternal form." - Plato

+Quote Post
Phyllis
post Feb 5 2006, 05:44 AM
Post #13

Candbrush Threepwood

Member No.: 345

QUOTE (Ashbless @ Feb 2 2006, 06:55 AM)
Truth be told I'm not sure what day this month starts the next Chinese year.  Our new year though is the year of the Dog. 

People born in 1970, 1982, 1994, and this year - this is your year.

That'd be me...1982. I've never really gotten into the whole zodiac thing, though. I grew up with a girl who was born in the same hospital as me just two hours before I was. She and I could not have been more opposite. I'm going to have to agree with AU and say this zodiac business is just a bit full of crap tongue.gif It's interesting and kind of fun...but the stuff that it says about me almost never actually applies to me.

--------------------
I love you in a way that is mystical and eternal and illegal in 20 states.

+Quote Post
Mata
post Feb 6 2006, 01:49 AM
Post #14

While I know it's a load of rubbish, I am also remarkably more like the descriptions of an Aquarian than the other signs. I know it's just a coincidence, or at most caused by environmental factors when I was born (spring time, so early perceptions are of the world as a cold place that soon warms up and becomes a lot more comfortable), but that doesn't stop it being good fun!

--------------------
The Matazone Games blog

+Quote Post
Phyllis
post Feb 6 2006, 02:08 AM
Post #15

Candbrush Threepwood

The descriptions for Aries never ever fit me. I am basically the opposite of almost everything they always say. I just end up saying "no, that isn't right at all" to just about all of it. As for the dog one...hrm. Well, I'm loyal. That's...about all it got right that I can remember off the top of my head.

It is harmless fun and good for a laugh...but I end up mostly laughing because it couldn't be more wrong! biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pixelgoth
post Feb 6 2006, 10:15 PM
Post #16

I couldn't be more Aries or more Dragon if I tried laugh.gif

It isn't just your sun sign that affects you. It's about all the different types of planets and their alignment on the day you were born. I've read my entire horoscope and it's spookily accurate.

Just reading your sun sign won't necessarily tell you everything you need to know smile.gif

--------------------
[center]Carpe diem

+Quote Post
Daria
post Feb 7 2006, 09:17 PM
Post #17

Wait for the uprising

Member No.: 1,735

Happy (belated) birthday Mata!
I haven't really ever looked into my Chinese sign, but I am a Cancerian in western zodiac signs. I find some of the simmilarities rather scary sometimes!

--------------------
We are unraveling our navels so that we may ingest the sun.

DARIA IZ GOOD ON TOAST

TOAST IZ GOOD ON DARIA

+Quote Post
Phyllis
post Feb 7 2006, 10:01 PM
Post #18

Candbrush Threepwood

QUOTE (Pixiegoth @ Feb 6 2006, 02:15 PM)
It isn't just your sun sign that affects you.  It's about all the different types of planets and their alignment on the day you were born.  I've read my entire horoscope and it's spookily accurate.

I've read my entire one as well. It still doesn't apply to me. And like I said...the girl I grew up with who was born just two hours before me in the same hospital couldn't be more my opposite.

It's fun, but doesn't apply to me in the slightest. The only bits that do apply are so vague they could apply to anyone.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pixelgoth
post Feb 9 2006, 02:22 PM
Post #19

QUOTE (candice @ Feb 7 2006, 10:01 PM)
the girl I grew up with who was born just two hours before me in the same hospital couldn't be more my opposite.

Well she won't because she wasn't born at exactly the same time as you. I guess it's subjective smile.gif Mine is pretty much spot on and quite scarily so.

I ask the question whether you adopt the traits of your star sign after you read about it??? I don't think I did but some people might.

--------------------
[center]Carpe diem

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th October 2017 - 09:47 AM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!