> A Venture, podcast advice?
elphaba2
post Feb 2 2006, 08:39 PM
Post #1

Lord of the Keys

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 1,329

Hello all.

I'm in the midst of creating a podcast--my first. Essentially it's a series of humourous stories about my school and its beaurocratic inhabitants, written in my trademark "nearly too verbose for the best attention span but shot with occasionally amusing put-downs" style. I'd like to intersperse them with clips from songs I like and (maybe someday) recordings of my own.

This all carries a sort of peculiar gravity, so I am quite eager to release it. However, I've gathered that the difficulties I've come across in the creative bit (thinking of things to say, saying things, figuring out where my microphone plugs in, etc) are just the tip of a massive icebreg of difficulties that I'll come across once all that stuff is finished. For example, I have no idea how to release a podcast. I don't know how to publicize it, or what I ought to tweak before doing so. Which is where you all come in. Has anyone made a podcast here? How does one put a recorded podcast on the internet? Would anyone actually be interested in listening to this nonsense?

I also need espionage tips. Though my family is loving and sweet, I have no plans for letting them experience this podcast. How might I manage to record it on our only computer, which sits in the corner of the most open room in the house, without letting them find out? I've managed to get about seven minutes recorded in the forty minute span of being home alone, but everyone's returned now. Any ideas as to how I might get around all of this?

Help me matazonekenobi!

--------------------
can I kiss your dopamine?
In a way I wonder if she's living in a magazine
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
froggle-rock
post Feb 2 2006, 10:13 PM
Post #2

omno-ahhhhhhh!

Member No.: 1,174

I have an old iRiver MP3 player with voice recorder... maybe you could pick one up cheap, record, listen... then edit on the puter with headphones after you transfered it over?

--------------------
A society that takes itself too seriously risks bottling up its tensions and treating every example of irreverence as a threat to its existence. Humour is one of the great solvents of democracy. It permits the ambiguities and contradictions of public life to be articulated in non-violent forms. It promotes diversity. It enables a multitude of discontents to be expressed in a myriad of spontaneous ways. It is an elixir of constitutional health. J. Sachs in Laugh It Off Promotions CC v SAB International (Finance) BV t/a SabMark International (Freedom of Expression Institute as Amicus Curiae) 2006 (1) SA 144 (CC)

+Quote Post
elphaba2
post Feb 8 2006, 11:22 PM
Post #3

Lord of the Keys

Member No.: 1,329

How old and how cheap would one be? I've managed to get another five minutes in through staying home from a block party, and I would probably be able to get at least a few hour's worth during the week. Is getting an mp3 just for this purpose worth it?

also: *bump*

--------------------
can I kiss your dopamine?
In a way I wonder if she's living in a magazine

+Quote Post
Kitty
post Feb 10 2006, 01:49 AM
Post #4

Professionally Unprofessional

Member No.: 580

You could always use it for music if you dont use it for recording tongue.gif

--------------------
Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things that escape those who dream by night

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd October 2017 - 03:08 AM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!