Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules 
> Hello .... Just joined ... wanted say Hi! to all, Introduction
ezfriday
post Feb 6 2006, 06:29 PM
Post #1

Group: New Members
Member No.: 2,231

biggrin.gif Greetings ... and 恭喜发财 Happy Chinese New Year!

Following is a link to an excellent English/Chinese character dictionary ... if you click on the pronunciation link following the character it will open up your Windows Media program and say the word for you. An excellent tool for learning proper pronunciation...

http://www.mandarintools.com/cgi-bin/wordl...=whole&audio=on

This is one of my favorite Mandarin Chinese language websites ... I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

A gift ... enjoy!

Chinese philosophy ... (and a daily televised program in Hong Kong & China) ... "Language Learned = Friends Earned" ... a "very" good program ... wish we had it in the US!

My wife is Chinese ... she says it will take me 7 years to learn Chinese ... I think she's wrong ... I think it's going to take the rest of my life! LOL! However, fortunately our sons take after their Mother and are much smarter than me and better looking too thank God! They hopefully will someday be as fluent as their 妈妈 (mama).

I read online that if a person can recognize 3000 Chinese characters he/she can read a Chinese news paper ok, to read one fluently one would need to be able to recognize 6000 characters. Considering there are over 15000 characters Ive always wondered How long it would take to sing a Chinese alphabet song?

WOW! I might need this life and the next ...

laugh.gif

ezfriday

--------------------
"[QUOTE]I really need to set up a personnal web page"
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Mata
post Feb 13 2006, 12:33 AM
Post #2

'Trouble Down Pit' now online!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Hello!

I've merged your two intro topics into one. In future you might want to use the 'edit' button that appears below and to the right of your own posts, or you can reply to your own thread if you feel it would be better to add a new post.

It sounds like you're in a middle period at the moment. It must be something about my site because non-teenagers often seem to be going through changes in their life when they come here. Happily I can report that (of the ones that I know about) they come out better for the experience.

--------------------
Trouble Down Pit: Still updated every Monday and Friday
The Matazone Games blog
The Matazone Shop The Matazone Blog
The Matazone Corset Shop: Snobz corsets at 10% off their recommended price!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th October 2017 - 06:01 AM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!