> Is my site pants!, Let me know what you think of my website
roo
post Mar 1 2006, 04:19 PM
Post #1

That's 'Sir Guppy' to you

Group: New Members
Member No.: 2,255

Hi, tongue.gif

Mata said it was cool for me to do this so here goes.....

If you have a spare five minutes i would appreciate if you could look at my website and rate it accordingly, 1 pair of pants equals good - 5 pairs of pants equals a big steaming pile of ass.

This is the second version of the first website i have created so any constructive comments would be very useful. I know its not great and i`m looking to improve on things, so go for it, give it to me straight. The only way things will get any better is if people are honest.

www.stinky-fish.net

Big thanks to Mata for the helpful advise + big thanks to da king for hostage and support.

Cheers, Roo
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Moosh
post Mar 1 2006, 04:34 PM
Post #2

I plug directly into my computer

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 1,488

Nice site, I give it 1.5 pairs.

Only problem I saw was that to start with I didn't realise that the pictures, (eg. on this page) were links to another more detailed page, which showed prices etc. My first impression was that that was all there was, and you just had those five pictures of your Accesories.

Other than that it's great. Good to see more people using light text on dark backgrounds, makes my web-browsing much easier.

--------------------
QUOTE (Peter Griffin)
Math, my dear boy, is nothing more than the lesbian sister of biology.

+Quote Post
Mata
post Mar 1 2006, 07:38 PM
Post #3

'Trouble Down Pit' now online!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Roo is indeed a top chap. He and his lady are lovely and you should buy stuff from them.

--------------------
Trouble Down Pit: Still updated every Monday and Friday
The Matazone Games blog
The Matazone Shop The Matazone Blog
The Matazone Corset Shop: Snobz corsets at 10% off their recommended price!

+Quote Post
Mutilation
post Mar 1 2006, 07:44 PM
Post #4

Speed of Life

Member No.: 952

QUOTE (Mata @ Mar 1 2006, 07:38 PM)
Roo is indeed a top chap. He and his lady are lovely and you should buy stuff from them.

Subliminal advertising at it's best.

+Quote Post
Astarael
post Mar 1 2006, 09:50 PM
Post #5

Browncoat

Member No.: 1,958

Looks like liminal messaging if you ask me. I think I'll agree with Cheese and give it 1 and a half pairs of pants. The design is nice, and I like the effect when you switch pages.

--------------------
Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all. ~Morpheus, King of Dreams
I am a leaf on the wind. See me soar.
IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image

+Quote Post
monkey_called_na...
post Mar 1 2006, 11:36 PM
Post #6

I'm an inefficient bear. Maul.

Member No.: 408

i must be an idtiot because i didnt understand what the page was about until i stumbled upon the papers in the online shop... which is the only thing that i cloud seemingly get to)

--------------------
ATTACK SLOTH!

It's gonna get you... eventually.

+Quote Post
roo
post Mar 3 2006, 01:22 PM
Post #7

QUOTE (Mata @ Mar 1 2006, 08:38 PM)

Cheers for the kind words mate, but dont go starting any rumours..... people will only be disappointed!

+Quote Post
Daria
post Mar 4 2006, 10:51 PM
Post #8

Wait for the uprising

Member No.: 1,735

I would give it one pair and an extra wiastband but no more legs.
The lay out is good, although a dropdown menu from the side may be easier than having to keep going back, also it lets you see all the options.
Good site though biggrin.gif

--------------------
We are unraveling our navels so that we may ingest the sun.

DARIA IZ GOOD ON TOAST

TOAST IZ GOOD ON DARIA

+Quote Post
Kitty
post Mar 7 2006, 02:46 AM
Post #9

Professionally Unprofessional

Member No.: 580

When I was learning about building websites, my teacher said we should be able to navigate the whole page without using the browsers 'back' button. Granted, you do have a built in back button, but it can still be quite annoying to not see all your choices at once.

I give it two pants tongue.gif Just because back buttons really annoy me

--------------------
Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things that escape those who dream by night

+Quote Post
Moosh
post Mar 7 2006, 04:11 PM
Post #10

QUOTE (Kitty @ Mar 7 2006, 02:46 AM)
When I was learning about building websites, my teacher said we should be able to navigate the whole page without using the browsers 'back' button. Granted, you do have a built in back button, but it can still be quite annoying to not see all your choices at once.

I give it two pants tongue.gif Just because back buttons really annoy me

You did see the links at the bottom of the pages right?

--------------------
QUOTE (Peter Griffin)

+Quote Post
Kitty
post Mar 7 2006, 08:33 PM
Post #11

Professionally Unprofessional

Member No.: 580

<.<
>.>

Apparently not

Edit: Say you click 'online shop' and then 'hoisery' and then say you choose legwarmers.... there's no way to move onto fishnets unless you go back. It ruins the flow a little bit.

--------------------
Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things that escape those who dream by night

+Quote Post
roo
post Apr 1 2006, 12:05 PM
Post #12

Firstly, cheers to all for taking the time to have a peek at my site and secondly, i would like to say sorry for not replying to each of you as you posted your comments but i am a bit of a slacker so..... anyway i have sign up to keep track of this so i should be able to reply much sooner now!

Kitty: I see what you mean about keeping the site flowing so i will try to improve on this next time i update everything. Any suggestions on the best way to do this? Would Daria`s idea of a drop down menu help?

Daria: A drop down menu with all the page options is a great idea and one i had not thought of and this would also help keep the site flowing a bit more, cheers!

Cheese moose: I guess i should have put small instructions saying something to the effect of "click here to follow a link to....." or i could change the alt tag for the picture so it reads something of similar effect when you hover the cursor over the top of it. What do you reckon would work the best?

Thanks again to all who have posted their coments and taken their time to look at my site.

Cheers,

Roo

+Quote Post
Moosh
post Apr 3 2006, 04:24 PM
Post #13

I think the drop-down menu idea would work well on your site, and it would indeed help the site flow better.

For the picture links, I think that it would be better to write it on the page rather than put instructions in the Alt Text. The instructions don't have to be extensive, just a title on the picture saying something like "Our large range of..." would be good.

Thankyou for taking our comments on board.

--------------------
QUOTE (Peter Griffin)

+Quote Post
roo
post Apr 4 2006, 10:12 AM
Post #14

Hi CheeseMoose,

I need to update the site soon to include a new range of vegetarian footwear so i shall also make some changes to help make the site a bit more user friendly at some point after the Easter hols.

I reckon your right, a few small instructions underneath the pictures would work better as people would be able to see them the instant they opened the page! I shall also get working on a drop down menu (keep your fingers crossed for me as I`m not very good with computers).

Cheers for the help buddy biggrin.gif ,

Roo

P.S If I was presented with a big smorgers boards of cheese I would go start for the gorgonzola every time, Howz about yourself?

+Quote Post
Forever Unknown
post Apr 4 2006, 10:25 AM
Post #15

Microwave your children

Member No.: 1,164

Hey hey my my!

The site isn't working for me. Which makes me sad, as I assume this is for the Stinky Fish in Winchester..? And since I've moved away I've been pining for that place, so the prospect of online shopping makes me all a-quiver.

So. Um. It's currently a 5 pants rating for general brokenness. Unless it's my computer at work arsing me around.

Love,

Kim.

--------------------
Half Iago. Half Fu Manchu. All bastard.

+Quote Post
Sir Psycho Sexy
post Apr 4 2006, 01:08 PM
Post #16

Technically a giant, intellectual midget.

Member No.: 197

It's your work 'puter, seems fine to me.

--------------------
He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

+Quote Post
Moosh
post Apr 4 2006, 03:19 PM
Post #17

QUOTE (roo @ Apr 4 2006, 10:12 AM)
Hi CheeseMoose,

I need to update the site soon to include a new range of vegetarian footwear so i shall also make some changes to help make the site a bit more user friendly at some point after the Easter hols.

I reckon your right, a few small instructions underneath the pictures would work better as people would be able to see them the instant they opened the page! I shall also get working on a drop down menu (keep your fingers crossed for me as I`m not very good with computers).

Cheers for the help buddy biggrin.gif ,

Roo

P.S If I was presented with a big smorgers boards of cheese I would go start for the gorgonzola every time, Howz about yourself?

Sounds good.

And I would start with the Red Leicester, moving on through Camenbert and Brie to the Parmesan, Mozzerella and then back up to Cheddar.

--------------------
QUOTE (Peter Griffin)

+Quote Post
Mata
post Apr 4 2006, 05:02 PM
Post #18

'Trouble Down Pit' now online!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

The site is working for me too, although I see that Roo has once again been drawn into the dark ways of the overly-bright and complicated background that so many new website designers fall for!

--------------------
Trouble Down Pit: Still updated every Monday and Friday
The Matazone Games blog
The Matazone Shop The Matazone Blog
The Matazone Corset Shop: Snobz corsets at 10% off their recommended price!

+Quote Post
roo
post Apr 13 2006, 03:23 PM
Post #19

Mata: I`m guilty as charged, me lord!

CheeseMoose: Firstly, all this talk of cheese has made my hands go all sweaty. Cheese is the only thing stopping me from being vegan, i just cant stop gorging myself on the bloody stuff, so little time, so much cheese, ummm........

Secondly, the promises of drop down menus have been shoot down in flames dab nam it. Basically I`m using very lame software for the website (as you can probably tell) and although it may be good for beginners like it will not let me do advanced stuff like that, darn computers not doing what you want! So if you or anyone else has any suggestions on how to get the site following better please let me know.

Forever unknown: I`m super pleased you used to enjoying coming into our shop in Winchester. I hope you can get the computer working soon so you can let me know what you think of the website. Unfortunately we can put all our products online, however, if you are looking for something that's not on our online store please give us a bell (follow this link for contact details www.stinky-fish.net/contact_us.htm)and i`m sure we can get what you are looking for posted out to you a.s.a.p! Also the beauty of being forever unknown lies at the bottom of your reply, doh!

To one and all: If anyone has any other suggestion on ways i can make the site better (other than get someone in who knows what they are doing) please let me knows and i will see what i can do.

Peace and chips to you all,

Roo

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd October 2017 - 03:08 AM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!