Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Would you be annoyed?
Icey
post Mar 9 2006, 03:09 PM
Post #1

Worrying

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 2,228

I really worked hard on getting a website/forum up together, it was admined by me and some other people, now these other people agreed to do everything I worked on, and as a team it was agreed these changes where made, recently I was not seeing the 'fun' side of it and just seeing it as a chore, so I decided to hand my towel in as such, as the 'team' wasn't working as one, and it was me sorting out problems and such like.

Then one of the people that admined it with me deleted all my hard work, and has 'restarted' all over again with much smaller and badder software, loosing all members posts/topics, they've justified there reasons it stupid ways, one of them being it needs to be more of a 'non-online' club, but some of the members are at uni etc, so what can they do to catch up? I was told I rushed things along, if I did, then why did they all agree with upgrading and running?

I feel so annoyed and upset, as I put so much work into it. Is it wrong to feel that badly?

Sorry I had to have a rant, I feel bad about it.

--------------------
Icey

Life is like a taxi. The meter just keeps a-ticking whether you are getting somewhere or just standing still.
- Lou Erickso
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Phyllis
post Mar 9 2006, 11:41 PM
Post #2

Candbrush Threepwood

Member No.: 345

Well, you did give up on it. They can do whatever they like with it. I'd be annoyed that I devoted that much time to it in the first place...but I'd move on as it wasn't my problem anymore.

Maybe they honestly like what they've done better. Maybe they didn't like what you did with it. It really doesn't matter now, since you gave up.

--------------------
I love you in a way that is mystical and eternal and illegal in 20 states.

+Quote Post
trunks_girl26
post Mar 10 2006, 02:49 AM
Post #3

o_O

Member No.: 1,229

QUOTE (candice @ Mar 9 2006, 06:41 PM)
Well, you did give up on it.  They can do whatever they like with it.  I'd be annoyed that I devoted that much time to it in the first place...but I'd move on as it wasn't my problem anymore.

Maybe they honestly like what they've done better.  Maybe they didn't like what you did with it.  It really doesn't matter now, since you gave up.

I'd have to agree with cand. I could see getting annoyed if you were still working with them, but not if you've washed your hands of the entire thing.

--------------------
The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love, and be loved in return -Moulin Rouge
"Religion is a finger pointing ot the moon, but some people confuse the finger with the moon."
Truth is subjectivity - Kierkegaard
"I don't know anything; I never knew anything, but now I know I don't know"
"The important thing isn't to know Jesus, Mohamed or Buddah, but to know what they know"

+Quote Post
Pixelgoth
post Mar 10 2006, 01:54 PM
Post #4

Flaps and spins on the spot

Member No.: 390

QUOTE (candice @ Mar 9 2006, 11:41 PM)
Well, you did give up on it.  They can do whatever they like with it.  I'd be annoyed that I devoted that much time to it in the first place...but I'd move on as it wasn't my problem anymore.

Maybe they honestly like what they've done better.  Maybe they didn't like what you did with it.  It really doesn't matter now, since you gave up.

What she said biggrin.gif

Seriously, I agree with Candice and she just said what I would've said too.

Move on. If you're that bothered start another forum up?

--------------------
Hope confidentally, do valiantly, wait patiently!
Rather light a candle than complain about the dark!
Enjoy what you have and hope for what you lack
Thoughts become things, choose the good ones[/center]
[center]Carpe diem

+Quote Post
Icey
post Mar 10 2006, 04:13 PM
Post #5

Worrying

Member No.: 2,228

Ho hum.

Thanks

--------------------
Icey

Life is like a taxi. The meter just keeps a-ticking whether you are getting somewhere or just standing still.
- Lou Erickso

+Quote Post
Izzy
post Mar 10 2006, 07:18 PM
Post #6

Germany > Spain...

Member No.: 2,184

You gave up on it, so you can't exactly blame them. But at the same time, I think it would have made more sense for them to keep the stuff you made on it, and then just add stuff of their own.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Phyllis
post Mar 10 2006, 08:04 PM
Post #7

Candbrush Threepwood

Member No.: 345

Oooh, it's International Agree With Candice Day! (international cause Ange and Pixie are from two different countries, see?)

*pats Icey* I understand why it hurt your feelings a bit. Was just saying you shouldn't dwell on it since you're no longer a part of it. smile.gif

--------------------
I love you in a way that is mystical and eternal and illegal in 20 states.

+Quote Post
Daria
post Mar 10 2006, 08:47 PM
Post #8

Wait for the uprising

Member No.: 1,735

I'd be pretty damned annoyed. And I would want to tell them why and how much I am annoyed. But on the other hand, you have given it up, and you should get over it smile.gif

--------------------
We are unraveling our navels so that we may ingest the sun.

DARIA IZ GOOD ON TOAST

TOAST IZ GOOD ON DARIA

+Quote Post
Astarael
post Mar 11 2006, 08:24 PM
Post #9

Browncoat

Member No.: 1,958

I'll hop on the "agree with cand" bandwagon here. You've absolved yourself of responsibilty, so it's their problem if they've gone over to a crappier system. Don't worry about it. smile.gif

--------------------
Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all. ~Morpheus, King of Dreams
I am a leaf on the wind. See me soar.
IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th October 2017 - 11:52 PM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!