IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules 

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> "Hostage Crisis" in My Town!, Havoc in rural Florida!
Righteous
post Mar 27 2006, 05:26 AM
Post #1

Shut up, noob!

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 367

This actually happened a while ago, but a friend of mine in Wisconsin told me that she saw it on the news in her town. Here's the article in the News Leader. What was cool for us was that our friend Matt was working across the street at the time. My brother gave him a buzz telling him that there was a mess of cops headed downtown where our friend was working at the Centre Street Café. He wend out to check it out. He saw that the whole place was sealed in a three-block radius and cops with assault rifles and shotguns started swarming the area around the post office. A dude from the paper who had sought shelter in the Café told Matt that it was a hostage situation. After a short while, some cops barged into the post office. They brought the "hostages" out and things died down and Matt lost interest. He later found from another reporter that some kids got permission from the Postmaster to film a movie there and some woman from O'Kane's saw them and called 9-1-1. I thought it was hilarious; I don't know about y'all.

EDIT: Feel free to check out the rest of the site to see the exciting news in my rural, Southern, Floridian town.

--------------------
With every breath...and all that I am...I will make a stand...until the end.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
zivane
post Mar 28 2006, 07:21 PM
Post #2

Goddess of Purple Froot Loops

From: various, Jacksonville, Florida, USA, Earth, solar system, Milky Way galaxy, Universe
Member No.: 1,682

Fun fun fun, Ri. Glad I wasn't conscious for that. We've had some amazingly bad wrecks and homocides lately, here in Jax, though... -.-

--------------------
hawtt?! perfect ^.^

niao! ^.^ mr. cheeseiemooseys n00b - kinda, eh?

t3h uber 1337 LJ monster Little Gamers Web Comic My Space

+Quote Post
Righteous
post Mar 29 2006, 03:07 AM
Post #3

Shut up, noob!

Member No.: 367

As far as I'm concerned, this is the most exciting things since the mass hurricane evacuation two years ago. Seriously, NOTHING happens here! I find it particularly exciting that something that makes national news would happen in my boring-ass shrimping port/tourist trap.

--------------------
With every breath...and all that I am...I will make a stand...until the end.

+Quote Post
spiffilicious05
post Mar 30 2006, 01:13 AM
Post #4

Empowe(red)

Member No.: 614

that's hilarious. stuff like that happens here in boston all the time -- but hey it's boston - a big city, what else would you expect?

--------------------
Squeaky swings and tall grass
The longest shadows ever cast
The water's warm and children swim
And we frolicked about in our summer skin

Where I roam...

+Quote Post
Ashbless
post Mar 30 2006, 02:41 PM
Post #5

I could have written a short novel by this point

Member No.: 1,112

Thank heavens the police did NOT choose to bring in a sniper team. Then the students with the realistic looking toy weapons could have been seriously hurt or killed.
Like muttering "bomb" in an airport, waving anything that looks like a gun at a police officer can be a very bad idea. They don't react with amusement. tongue.gif

Fun how things turned out.

--------------------
IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion, It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shaking, the shaking becomes a warning, It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. - SpeakertotheLost

+Quote Post
pgrmdave
post Apr 3 2006, 03:59 PM
Post #6

^random image of the day

Member No.: 1,604

The only time my town made the news at all was when our mayor tried to sue the weather stations...seriously - they had predicted a lot of snow and nothing happened, so he tried to sue them.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd October 2017 - 08:45 PM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!