Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules 
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Job Interview, Wish me luck
Feyliya
post Apr 5 2006, 06:24 PM
Post #1

It's not junk in the trunk, it's precious cargo.

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 380

Heading to a job interview in about 20 minutes. It's for a job I don't want and I'm not sure I will enjoy doing, and getting it will require 4 hours worth of bus riding every day that I work, but I really really need it so I'm still hoping to get it.

So wish me luck getting the cruddy job I don't want! Because otherwise I'm going to end up stuck moving to Atlanta (and goddess knows I won't be able to stand the South again....).

--------------------
Irish is my special e-stalker. I leave the blinds open for him. :P // I'm the designated keeper of sobreity. Jell-o Shooters anyone? // I will always have fond memories of Leo's big banana and Cheese's sexy penguin. // I am the all powerful Ish Witch! ::insert evil cackle here:: // ALL HAIL PURSTHULHU!
@_@ You will not write secret messages. You will not write secret messages... @_@
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mata
post Apr 5 2006, 06:47 PM
Post #2

'Trouble Down Pit' now online!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Good luck!

I think...

--------------------
Trouble Down Pit: Still updated every Monday and Friday
The Matazone Games blog
The Matazone Shop The Matazone Blog
The Matazone Corset Shop: Snobz corsets at 10% off their recommended price!

+Quote Post
Feyliya
post Apr 5 2006, 06:55 PM
Post #3

Bad Job > Living in the South again, any day. Good luck is deffinitely needed and much appreciated! smile.gif

:: Does the little "Mata posted in my thread" dance:: (You'd think after years of posting here I'd be used to it, but you're such a great guy, Mata, with a great sense of humor and and an even greater mind that I've never been able to take your posts for granted.)

--------------------
Irish is my special e-stalker. I leave the blinds open for him. :P // I'm the designated keeper of sobreity. Jell-o Shooters anyone? // I will always have fond memories of Leo's big banana and Cheese's sexy penguin. // I am the all powerful Ish Witch! ::insert evil cackle here:: // ALL HAIL PURSTHULHU!
@_@ You will not write secret messages. You will not write secret messages... @_@

+Quote Post
Fluffy
post Apr 5 2006, 08:56 PM
Post #4

Haibane

Member No.: 731

Good luck, I hope you can find a better job soon. smile.gif

--------------------
Odd Numbers = Raisins
Proudly e-married to Silver Star! This happened on January 11, 2004.
I'm DarkProtector's foob!

+Quote Post
Feyliya
post Apr 6 2006, 12:27 AM
Post #5

Well, the job is at a collections agency. They pay $9 an hour, which is actually quite good. It's steady hours, steady pay, and decent incentives if you manage to collect a certain ammount of money from folks. It's easy work, that's for sure. I'll be working late mornings, afternoons, and evenings, so bussing won't be a problem. The only bad part is the 2 hours commute to and from work (that and the fact that I'll be extorting money from broke people. Of course, most broke people I know in the US do it to themselves, so....). Of course, this can be fixed with weekly trips to the Seattle Public Library (and regular time spent re-assessing my own finances). I'll know whether I have the job or not on Friday, probably by noon. If I get it, I start Monday.

Keep sending the good luck! I need this job so bad, so I need all I can get!

--------------------

+Quote Post
{Gothic Angel}
post Apr 6 2006, 02:45 PM
Post #6

My direction

Member No.: 495

You can have some of the bundles of luck people keep giving me.

*gives luck*

Good luck happy.gif

--------------------
Once opened consume within three days. Above post is not suitable for home freezing. Store in a cool, dry area.

+Quote Post
Calantyr
post Apr 6 2006, 07:33 PM
Post #7

Perfection Personified

Member No.: 1,548

Me and Laz wish you oodles and oodles of lucksies! biggrin.gif

--------------------
"Too often Fate,
By all abhorred,
To savage poison,
Adds the sword"
- Boethius, The Concillations of Philosophy

+Quote Post
Feyliya
post Apr 7 2006, 07:02 PM
Post #8

It's noon now. I'm probably jumping the gun, but my gut is saying that I didn't get the job. Blah.... I'll update again if they actually call in the next while. Heck, I'll update and whine and attention whore if I don't get it, too. tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pixelgoth
post Apr 10 2006, 05:36 PM
Post #9

Flaps and spins on the spot

Member No.: 390

Well?

I've got an interview on Thursday and I've just had one I didn't get so I know what you're going through.

Hope it turns out how you want smile.gif

--------------------
Hope confidentally, do valiantly, wait patiently!
Rather light a candle than complain about the dark!
Enjoy what you have and hope for what you lack
Thoughts become things, choose the good ones[/center]
[center]Carpe diem

+Quote Post
Feyliya
post Apr 10 2006, 08:54 PM
Post #10

Didn't get it. Waited up all day hoping for a call....nada. I'm not exactly crushed, though. I wasn't relishing the thought of spending four hours in public trasportation every day that I work.

On the up side, I have another interview today. It's for a job that I think I'll like a lot more, AND it's within a half hour bus ride of me (if I"m lucky and the right bus is running, that is. Otherwise it's 45 minutes to an hour. But still...).

:: dances the good luck dance::

--------------------

+Quote Post
froggle-rock
post Apr 10 2006, 09:29 PM
Post #11

omno-ahhhhhhh!

Member No.: 1,174

If it's only a half hour bus ride, it won't be that long a walk.

Good luck, hunny wink.gif

--------------------
A society that takes itself too seriously risks bottling up its tensions and treating every example of irreverence as a threat to its existence. Humour is one of the great solvents of democracy. It permits the ambiguities and contradictions of public life to be articulated in non-violent forms. It promotes diversity. It enables a multitude of discontents to be expressed in a myriad of spontaneous ways. It is an elixir of constitutional health. J. Sachs in Laugh It Off Promotions CC v SAB International (Finance) BV t/a SabMark International (Freedom of Expression Institute as Amicus Curiae) 2006 (1) SA 144 (CC)

+Quote Post
Calantyr
post Apr 11 2006, 02:02 AM
Post #12

Perfection Personified

Member No.: 1,548

*Casts Blessing of Luck +10 on you*

--------------------
"Too often Fate,
By all abhorred,
To savage poison,
Adds the sword"
- Boethius, The Concillations of Philosophy

+Quote Post
elphaba2
post Apr 11 2006, 02:20 AM
Post #13

Lord of the Keys

Member No.: 1,329

Good luck Fey!

--------------------
can I kiss your dopamine?
In a way I wonder if she's living in a magazine

+Quote Post
Feyliya
post Apr 11 2006, 02:55 AM
Post #14

I HAVE A JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
::streaks::

I start tomorrow at 12:30. I'm going to be a canvasser for WashPIRG. Basically, I'm going to be going door-to-door or hanging out downtown and talking to people about saving the environment, and taking donations for non-profit organizations like the Sierra Club. My new boss wants to train me to be a field manager within a couple of weeks if I do as well as she thinks I'll do during my field training. I'm thrilled! I actually get to get paid to do something I really care about! :: dances:: biggrin.gif

Aaaand, as an added bonus, grass-roots campaign experience will be great for Democratic Party street cred when I run for president in 2020! ph34r.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
froggle-rock
post Apr 11 2006, 06:53 AM
Post #15

omno-ahhhhhhh!

/me high fives

Go Team Have Job You Like Fey!

Now you make sure you get plenty of rest. And make sure you set your alarm. And put out your clothes the night before. And make sure you eat breakfast to keep you going. And, enjoy wink.gif

--------------------
A society that takes itself too seriously risks bottling up its tensions and treating every example of irreverence as a threat to its existence. Humour is one of the great solvents of democracy. It permits the ambiguities and contradictions of public life to be articulated in non-violent forms. It promotes diversity. It enables a multitude of discontents to be expressed in a myriad of spontaneous ways. It is an elixir of constitutional health. J. Sachs in Laugh It Off Promotions CC v SAB International (Finance) BV t/a SabMark International (Freedom of Expression Institute as Amicus Curiae) 2006 (1) SA 144 (CC)

+Quote Post
Feyliya
post Apr 11 2006, 04:11 PM
Post #16

Went to bed early and tried to get plenty of rest. Randy stayed up until waaay too early in the morning (and woke me up three times, once from noise, once from me rolling over and him not being there, and the last time when he finally got into bed and decided to chat at me for a while) despite urgent warnings that if he did so I would "repeat Sherman's March to the Sea using my fists as his army and his head as Georgia" if he did it. (Note to self: Must find non-violent way of revenge....)

Set my alarm clock for the proper time (and made sure it would actually go off). Doesn't matter, though, because I half woke up at about 6 AM and laid in half-sleep limbo until 8:30. Then I decided that it just wasn't worth me lying there to try to get the extra hour's worth of sleep and got up.

Didn't set out my clothes last night. I'm already pretty certain of what I'm going to wear. My instructions were to dress warmly, be comfortable, and look sort-of professional (IE: don't come in looking like a slob). Easy enough to do, right? rolleyes.gif

As for breakfast, I'm going to make myself some oatmeal as soon as I've woken up enough to be hungry. I'd take a sandwich to work to make sure I had something to eat for lunch, but we're out of everything but oatmeal (literally....everything) and I haven't gone grocery shopping yet this week. So I'll probably end up doing take-out or something.

Keep sending luck my way! I'd really like to do well my first week! biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
froggle-rock
post Apr 11 2006, 07:04 PM
Post #17

omno-ahhhhhhh!

Good stuff, let us know how your day goes.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pixelgoth
post Apr 11 2006, 07:41 PM
Post #18

Congrats! biggrin.gif

Can I have any left over good luck for my interview on Thursday puurlease?!?

*begs*

--------------------
[center]Carpe diem

+Quote Post
froggle-rock
post Apr 11 2006, 09:16 PM
Post #19

omno-ahhhhhhh!

Sure. Good luck, Pixie.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pixelgoth
post Apr 13 2006, 01:38 PM
Post #20

Thanks smile.gif

The interview went well (I think) but it's one of those ones where you just don't know whether you think you've got it or not. I made the mistake of going first thing so I've been waiting since 11am to see what happens. The longer I wait the more I think I've not got it. They said they'd ring later today but I don't know whether that means they'll ring if I've got it or not or only if I've got it sad.gif

Just waiting now sad.gif

--------------------
[center]Carpe diem

+Quote Post
froggle-rock
post Apr 13 2006, 03:18 PM
Post #21

omno-ahhhhhhh!

Ack. It's the waiting. that gets me too. I went for a job a couple of weeks back, and it was kinda simular in that I didn't clarify with them if they'd call me either way, or only if I got the job. That was before the meet. Needless to say, I don't tihn k I got it.

I'm sure they just went and had a _really_ long lunch.

/me nods

wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
bryden42
post Apr 13 2006, 04:10 PM
Post #22

Flash Gordon Wannabe

Member No.: 1,984

(Note to self: Must find non-violent way of revenge....)

Pin down partner, Lick eyeballs (they probably have their eyes closed so it will be their eyelids) and leave them pinned until saliva dries. Its horrible and evil and nasty and non violent-ish, it works a treat on my wife when she tries to beat me up smile.gif but it must be reserved for special occasions such as your partner farting on you or waking you up by licking your ear or other such pure evil!

--------------------
I like your house... can I come in!
S P A N G L E D by Faerieryn

what I do when I have too much time on my hands My Devart page

+Quote Post
Feyliya
post Apr 14 2006, 01:41 AM
Post #23

QUOTE (bryden42 @ Apr 13 2006, 08:10 AM)
(Note to self: Must find non-violent way of revenge....)

Pin down partner, Lick eyeballs (they probably have their eyes closed so it will be their eyelids) and leave them pinned until saliva dries. Its horrible and evil and nasty and non violent-ish, it works a treat on my wife when she tries to beat me up smile.gif but it must be reserved for special occasions such as your partner farting on you or waking you up by licking your ear or other such pure evil!

Brilliant! I shall try that!

In other news, my job is a canvassing job. I go door to door in the area our field manager has assigned me and try to convince people to become members of the Sierra Club. Once you get over the fact that you're knocking on strange people's doors and hitting them up for cash, it becomes very easy. It becomes even easier once you learn to not take "no" answers personally.

Right now I'm caught between loving and hating it: loving it because I adore the people I work with and I really am passionate about saving the environment, but hating it because I'm horribly out of shape and walking 2+ miles a day up and down stairs to people's houses is really hurting. But I'm persistant and I will not give up! I'm getting paid to help save the environment AND loose weight, this really is the best thing for me.

The freaky thing is, the person they set me up to train with my first day is almost exactly like me, to scary degrees. If she weren't 8 years older than me I wouldn't believe my mom when she said I didn't have a twin. We have the exact same laugh, we like the exact same things, we think the same way.....it's crazy. Our current theory is that we were spawned in the same lab.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pixelgoth
post Apr 14 2006, 10:47 PM
Post #24

QUOTE (funked)out_frog @ Apr 13 2006, 03:18 PM)
I'm sure they just went and had a _really_ long lunch. 

/me nods

wink.gif

Probably laugh.gif

I GOT THE JOB biggrin.gif I'm very excited. Plus it's only 14 minutes until my 30th birthday smile.gif

--------------------
[center]Carpe diem

+Quote Post
Kitty
post Apr 15 2006, 04:15 AM
Post #25

Professionally Unprofessional

Member No.: 580

Happy belated birthday, and congrats!!

--------------------
Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things that escape those who dream by night

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd October 2017 - 03:57 PM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!