IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules 
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Which concerts/gigs have you been to latey?, Post here:Mosh pitters, crowd surfers, & head bangers!
Izzy
post May 1 2006, 11:50 PM
Post #1

Germany > Spain...

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 2,184

I get the feeling there's a bunch of Matazonians who enjoy concerts and local gigs. Well, now we have a place to tell people about them!

Okay, so yesterday I went to EDBD(Earthday Birthday) Lucky 13, which is this yearly concert where I live. The bands playing were MUDVAYNE, ROB ZOMBIE, STAIND, SHINEDOWN and TRAPT, NONPOINT, THEORY OF A DEADMAN, HINDER, EVANS BLUE, LACUNA COIL and FAKTION, and then all the other bands on the Made Of Noise stage, which is for the people who won the unsigned band contest. Overall, it was pretty freaken awesome, but I do have one complaint. Rob Zombie. Apparently he got pissed off becuase Mudvayne got the headliner instead of him, and his preformance showed it. Other than the fact that he showed up over half an hour late, he wouldn't shut up.He talked more than he played.. He was talking like a cocky moron saying stuff like "Come on, if we were a boy band you'd shout louder!" and "Pfft, these instruments are crap. If we had our instruments we'd play a lot better."and my favorite.."Stop throwing these ****ing water bottles at me!" Which was really funny, cause people were throwing waterbottles at him. Than he mentioned something about playing a song he'd already played that night, and something about us being in a live video...Eventually, a group of people started chanting "Mudvayne!Mudvayne!Mudvayne!" and he left. His musics good, no doubt about it, but I hate it when people act like cocky idiots live.

Anyone else been to any good concerts latey? Or are going to any?

--------------------
IPB Image
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
elphaba2
post May 2 2006, 12:53 AM
Post #2

Lord of the Keys

Member No.: 1,329

I've probably bragged about this elsewhere on the forums, but I went to a lovely Emperor X concert in the crowded basement of a former jazz club in Manhattan about three weeks ago. Emperor X is basically a one-man band with an accoustic guitar and a mercurial bass player, and "they" headlined. Three other bands (none very well-known, but they were Audible, Cities and Cataract Camp) played and did fairly well. However, they took up months and years and eons of the precious three hours we had to hear all four bands play. So by the time my favorite emperor took the stage there was only half an hour left. He played through a quick set (only four songs!) and then the sound guy essentially kicked everyone out.

What made this such a terrific show was that the band announced that they'd be willing to meet crowd members who were interested at a nearby intersection to play some more. So we all followed, and were nearly beaten by cops before turning the whole shebang into a mobile concert and parading down dark, business-y Leonard Street, trailing a singing, friendly Emperor X.

And afterwards I got a hug, distributed an email and took a very late train home. It's a warm memory.

--------------------
can I kiss your dopamine?
In a way I wonder if she's living in a magazine

+Quote Post
markslut
post May 2 2006, 07:34 AM
Post #3

Probably sees visions

Member No.: 909

*Whitby Gothic Weekend*

And Covenant next week!

--------------------
The combined Nurse and Geisha of ISH!
IPB Image
Your Corset is Your Armour - Lace it Tightly - Breathing is Unimportant

+Quote Post
Forever Unknown
post May 2 2006, 08:11 AM
Post #4

Microwave your children

Member No.: 1,164

I saw The Fantomas Melvins Big Band last night. It. Was. Wicked. Probably the most fun I've ever had at a gig, and the most happy and pleasant crowd ever.

--------------------
Half Iago. Half Fu Manchu. All bastard.

+Quote Post
Daria
post May 2 2006, 04:13 PM
Post #5

Wait for the uprising

Member No.: 1,735

The last gig I was at* was in the Islington Bar Academy, with Delays headlining. I was there teaming for Jim Noir, and he came up to me and said thankyou for doing it, then recognised me from an interview I did with him on the first date of his first UK tour (well, his first ever tour) which was pretty cool. I have The Mystery Jets coming up in a week or so's time, The GuilLeMoTs a little while after that, and I should be seeing Leya this thursday but I have to work instead. There is also this little music festival this weekend called The Tilting Sky and as a few of my mates are playing there, I might go down.
The gig before Delays was The Editors- one of THE best gigs I have ever been to. See them while you can!

*I lie- when I got home from London, I had a bath, got changed and went to the pub to see a mate's band play biggrin.gif

--------------------
We are unraveling our navels so that we may ingest the sun.

DARIA IZ GOOD ON TOAST

TOAST IZ GOOD ON DARIA

+Quote Post
Righteous
post May 3 2006, 09:31 PM
Post #6

Shut up, noob!

Member No.: 367

Well, the last show I went to where I didn't have to work, I saw Throwdown with Still Remains, A Dozen Furies, The Red Chord and Jax band Wounds from a Friend. It was cool excetp for the hardcore kids mokey-dancing and stage-diving into a very small crowd feet-first into a group of 110 pound girls.

A week ago, I did the lights for local bands York and Emerson. It was fun except for Broox DVS yelling at me because I used the cool lights on an indie band.

A few nights ago, I perfomed as Tragick the Clown, messed up throat and all.

The club I work for is sponsoring a battle of the bands this Friday (6:30 PM @ Maxwell Hall, 6th and Centre, Fernandina Beach, Florida, 32034) featuring my brother's band and other local and area bands. If I'm not doing AV stuff for them, I'll be in the front row. For Cry of Crete and Sombereve.

--------------------
With every breath...and all that I am...I will make a stand...until the end.

+Quote Post
Izzy
post May 4 2006, 08:57 PM
Post #7

Germany > Spain...

QUOTE (Righteous @ May 3 2006, 05:31 PM) *
The club I work for is sponsoring a battle of the bands this Friday (6:30 PM @ Maxwell Hall, 6th and Centre, Fernandina Beach, Florida, 32034) featuring my brother's band and other local and area bands. If I'm not doing AV stuff for them, I'll be in the front row. For Cry of Crete and Sombereve.

How old do oyu have to be to enter battle of the bands? *crosses fingers* Please not 21..PLease not 21...Please not 21...

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Jonman
post May 6 2006, 11:44 AM
Post #8

Duck Hunter S Thompson

Group: Admin
Member No.: 71

I went to the SW heat of the UK Human Beatboxing Championship a few weeks ago - that was well entertaining.

--------------------
Nearly two years in - about time for a new AV

+Quote Post
Righteous
post May 6 2006, 05:00 PM
Post #9

Shut up, noob!

QUOTE (devils_daughter @ May 4 2006, 04:57 PM) *
How old do oyu have to be to enter battle of the bands? *crosses fingers* Please not 21..PLease not 21...Please not 21...

Well, with Nexus, I really don't think there's an age limit per se. The drummer from Smokestack Lightning's only fifteen and the bass player for Sombereave is thirty. So yeah, I'm guessing with us, age really isn't a big issue. Now, certain venues may have an age limit, but that's at the discretion of the venue, not a uniform gig.

I will say this: With Nexus, it's technically an all-ages gig, but you have to be over the age of fourteen. We don't get a lot of 21+ clientel (we don't sell alcohol), but we do our best to keep young'uns out.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Izzy
post May 6 2006, 06:02 PM
Post #10

Germany > Spain...

QUOTE (Righteous @ May 6 2006, 01:00 PM) *
QUOTE (devils_daughter @ May 4 2006, 04:57 PM) *

Well, with Nexus, I really don't think there's an age limit per se. The drummer from Smokestack Lightning's only fifteen and the bass player for Sombereave is thirty. So yeah, I'm guessing with us, age really isn't a big issue. Now, certain venues may have an age limit, but that's at the discretion of the venue, not a uniform gig.

I will say this: With Nexus, it's technically an all-ages gig, but you have to be over the age of fourteen. We don't get a lot of 21+ clientel (we don't sell alcohol), but we do our best to keep young'uns out.

seems fair enough. So, what if one person in the band is over 14, will they let you in or do all the people have to be over 14..?

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Righteous
post May 7 2006, 03:42 PM
Post #11

Shut up, noob!

QUOTE (devils_daughter @ May 6 2006, 02:02 PM) *
seems fair enough. So, what if one person in the band is over 14, will they let you in or do all the people have to be over 14..?

I don't know. I don't dictate policies. I just manage the stage and work the lights. Besides, what are you worrying about? You live in 'Lando and I'm north of Jacksonville. And given your age, y'all probably won't be touring up here for a while. Assuming you want to play at Nexus, by the time you do you'll probably of age.

Oh, and speaking of Shinedown, I remember when they were a Jax band handing out stickers at coffee shops and tattoo parlors.

Lord willing, I'll be going to Jax to see Philler and Ashes of Osirus at Jackrabbits on the thirteenth. my brother has never seen Philler or Ashes of Osirus live. They both kick ass.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Izzy
post May 7 2006, 08:01 PM
Post #12

Germany > Spain...

QUOTE (Righteous @ May 7 2006, 11:42 AM) *
QUOTE (devils_daughter @ May 6 2006, 02:02 PM) *

I don't know. I don't dictate policies. I just manage the stage and work the lights. Besides, what are you worrying about? You live in 'Lando and I'm north of Jacksonville. And given your age, y'all probably won't be touring up here for a while. Assuming you want to play at Nexus, by the time you do you'll probably of age.

Not nesicarily at Nexus, but I'm sure there's some type of Battle of the Bands in Orlando. I was just wondering 'cause I don't think policies change too much from one to another. Well, that's excluding the Zippo Hot Tour.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Righteous
post May 11 2006, 04:01 AM
Post #13

Shut up, noob!

Like I said, then, it's up to whomever's putting the show on. If the promoter want it to be a 21+ only show, they aren't going to make exceptions.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Daria
post May 11 2006, 09:46 PM
Post #14

Wait for the uprising

I recently saw They Mystery Jets, and their rendition of Zoo Time at this gig was one of the best jamming sessions I have seen by a signed band since perhaps Incubus's one at Wembley Arena in 2004.

--------------------

DARIA IZ GOOD ON TOAST

TOAST IZ GOOD ON DARIA

+Quote Post
spiffilicious05
post May 12 2006, 01:59 AM
Post #15

Empowe(red)

Member No.: 614

Death Cab for Cutie and Franz Ferdinan ---- both were friggen amazing!

--------------------
Squeaky swings and tall grass
The longest shadows ever cast
The water's warm and children swim
And we frolicked about in our summer skin

Where I roam...

+Quote Post
Daria
post May 12 2006, 01:07 PM
Post #16

Wait for the uprising

I would LOVE to see FF. Although a little to far on the indie side of things for my liking, at times, their latest album has its strong points and they are reportedly a very good live band.

--------------------

DARIA IZ GOOD ON TOAST

TOAST IZ GOOD ON DARIA

+Quote Post
Righteous
post May 28 2006, 06:00 AM
Post #17

Shut up, noob!

I saw Cry of Crete at Kosmic Kafé tonight. It was good. I went nuts when they played "Little Red Sin" and "Death March" (my two favorite songs by them) back-to-back. *sings* "I let you in! I let you get...under my skin! LITTLE RED SIN!"

--------------------

+Quote Post
markslut
post May 28 2006, 08:26 AM
Post #18

Probably sees visions

Member No.: 909

*Is going to see Mesh in Brizzle!*

--------------------
The combined Nurse and Geisha of ISH!
IPB Image
Your Corset is Your Armour - Lace it Tightly - Breathing is Unimportant

+Quote Post
Izzy
post May 28 2006, 10:26 AM
Post #19

Germany > Spain...

I was this close *makes an inch with to fingers* to going to Metal Versus Gothic last night...but when my mom saw the time on the paper the guy from Nöx gave me she flipped. sad.gif

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Daria
post May 28 2006, 01:42 PM
Post #20

Wait for the uprising

I saw Zero 7 on Friday. Good God they were fantastic- Jose Gonzalez was playing with them too, and as I was putting some stuff on the merch stand and chatting with the merch stand lady, I got to watch him jam through the sound check.
(Me loves Mr Gonzalez).

--------------------

DARIA IZ GOOD ON TOAST

TOAST IZ GOOD ON DARIA

+Quote Post
Tom
post May 29 2006, 07:56 PM
Post #21

Dont Worry, I Dont Know Where I Am Either!

Member No.: 1,800

well i've not been to one but me my mate, my mum and my dad are thinking of going to see guns'n'roses in concert.

--------------------
Dont Try And Save Me Im Alrealdy Dead
Tis My Forum Please Join It Would Meen Loads

+Quote Post
I_am_the_best
post May 30 2006, 09:06 AM
Post #22

Dirty Laundry

Member No.: 1,573

QUOTE (little twit @ May 29 2006, 08:56 PM) *
well i've not been to one but me my mate, my mum and my dad are thinking of going to see guns'n'roses in concert.

They're still going? Christ. One would have thought that Axl would have just let it die after everyone else left.

So close to seeing Damn Sly - the venue was strictly over 18s. Grar.

--------------------
Emma <3 James <3
"Music is a moral law. It gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, a charm to sadness, gaiety and life to everything. It is the essence of order, and leads to all that is good, just and beautiful, of which it is the invisible, but nevertheless dazzling, passionate, and eternal form." - Plato

+Quote Post
Izzy
post May 30 2006, 09:46 AM
Post #23

Germany > Spain...

QUOTE (I_am_the_best @ May 30 2006, 11:06 AM) *
So close to seeing Damn Sly - the venue was strictly over 18s. Grar.

Same thing with this thing called Spirit...well, that ones over 16, but grrrrrrrrrr...

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Forever Unknown
post May 30 2006, 10:37 AM
Post #24

Microwave your children

Member No.: 1,164

Saw Broken Social Scene last Monday, which was arseshakingtastic.
65daysofstatic on Thursday, which remain one of the strongest bands ever, live or recorded, and was surprisingly fantastic for Kerrang event, with the crowd actually not being full of horrendous people. I got a drumstick. I've never got one before. It was wicked.
And Psapp tonight, which will be twinkley and lovely, I'm sure.

Hooray!

--------------------
Half Iago. Half Fu Manchu. All bastard.

+Quote Post
Daria
post May 30 2006, 03:12 PM
Post #25

Wait for the uprising

I could go see The Automatic (for the third time) but I may have an exam on- and they are a bit mediochre to be honnest...

--------------------

DARIA IZ GOOD ON TOAST

TOAST IZ GOOD ON DARIA

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd October 2017 - 03:01 PM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!