Reply to this topicStart new topic
> my broadband, keeps disconnecting
El Nino
post May 27 2006, 01:48 PM
Post #1

I pull the wings off god

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 1,340

Does anyone know what might be happening? I'm not using wireless any more. So it's not the signal.

--------------------
Please try to remember, when reading my posts, that I've probably not watched the same films & tv shows as you. I try not to watch music vids & I've also probably not even heard about them from other people. Man to woman "If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong!"/She's all lips & hips, she knows how to use them to make you flip//Liquor store & gun store, next to one another, with only one purpose, so you all kill each other,//Member of the pro cath association // Froggys' sugar-e-daddy//You can't spell politics without tics/[b]/Note to self: Infinite Diversity in Infinite Combinations = human stupidity.Dip me in chocolate and throw me to the females (not shemales).
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Felander
post May 27 2006, 02:26 PM
Post #2

Obsessive

Member No.: 2,292

Have you got in contact with your ISP?

Certain ISPs disconnect you after a set amount of time, so it might be part of their policy.

+Quote Post
El Nino
post May 27 2006, 02:55 PM
Post #3

I pull the wings off god

Member No.: 1,340

Thanks felander, I just checked out their site, and they suggest some things that it could be, and it's probably the extension lead (even though it's ADSL compatible) I'll check the lights on the modem next time it goes.

--------------------
Please try to remember, when reading my posts, that I've probably not watched the same films & tv shows as you. I try not to watch music vids & I've also probably not even heard about them from other people. Man to woman "If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong!"/She's all lips & hips, she knows how to use them to make you flip//Liquor store & gun store, next to one another, with only one purpose, so you all kill each other,//Member of the pro cath association // Froggys' sugar-e-daddy//You can't spell politics without tics/[b]/Note to self: Infinite Diversity in Infinite Combinations = human stupidity.Dip me in chocolate and throw me to the females (not shemales).

+Quote Post
-TheKasbah-
post Sep 15 2007, 08:15 PM
Post #4

This guy has no life.

Member No.: 4,877

I think your connection may have timed out, this is a common problem. I think it has to do with the DNS cache not being able to be cleared, usually if you leave it for a while it will figure itself out, but if it keeps occuring, contact the company that manages your broadband network.

--------------------
Kasabh.

I'm secretly dying to be, anything that you want me to be, we got hope dispersed through these regular intervals, keeping me intact.

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into
(")_(") your signature to help him gain world domination.

+Quote Post
mooooooooooopo
post Sep 15 2007, 10:05 PM
Post #5

: P>

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 991

Are you using cable or ADSL? I've had quite a few problems on ADSL with dodgy cables - the phone cables used to connect the modem to the phone outlet and the sockets themselves can be quite delicate. Likewise some brands of modem will crash often just because of bad design or because they're configured badly. Problems could also occur at the ISPs end as well. You'd be much better off calling your ISP's tech support so they can walk you through diagnosing the problem and fixing it.

-TheKasbah-:
Connection timeouts are a symptom of the problem and not the problem itself. It simply means that a program has sent a message, never recieved the response it expected and given up after a preset timeout (or given up too soon).
DNS caching is one of a huge number of possible causes and sounds rather unlikely, especially if the problem is affecting all sites and services. It sounds to me like a more general connectivity problem.

--------------------
I am Candice's asw emo e-husband, real life actual husband and all around awesome person, Funked)Out_Frogg's e-paramour. Snugglebum's harem slave. Candice and gothictheysay are my e-pimps.

+Quote Post
-TheKasbah-
post Sep 15 2007, 10:12 PM
Post #6

This guy has no life.

QUOTE (moop @ Sep 15 2007, 11:05 PM) *
Are you using cable or ADSL? I've had quite a few problems on ADSL with dodgy cables - the phone cables used to connect the modem to the phone outlet and the sockets themselves can be quite delicate. Likewise some brands of modem will crash often just because of bad design or because they're configured badly. Problems could also occur at the ISPs end as well. You'd be much better off calling your ISP's tech support so they can walk you through diagnosing the problem and fixing it.

-TheKasbah-:
Connection timeouts are a symptom of the problem and not the problem itself. It simply means that a program has sent a message, never recieved the response it expected and given up after a preset timeout (or given up too soon).
DNS caching is one of a huge number of possible causes and sounds rather unlikely, especially if the problem is affecting all sites and services. It sounds to me like a more general connectivity problem.

Just trying to help though, I've been proved wrong, cheers for correcting me, I thought I was smarter han I actually was laugh.gif

--------------------
Kasabh.

I'm secretly dying to be, anything that you want me to be, we got hope dispersed through these regular intervals, keeping me intact.

(\__/)

+Quote Post
mooooooooooopo
post Sep 15 2007, 10:19 PM
Post #7

: P>

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 991

No worries. smile.gif I'm a bit pedantic when it comes to tech stuff. The end result was the same at least (contact your ISP).

--------------------
I am Candice's asw emo e-husband, real life actual husband and all around awesome person, Funked)Out_Frogg's e-paramour. Snugglebum's harem slave. Candice and gothictheysay are my e-pimps.

+Quote Post
-TheKasbah-
post Sep 15 2007, 10:25 PM
Post #8

This guy has no life.

I'm still studying IT, so mayber one day I will know more than you! tongue.gif wink.gif

--------------------
Kasabh.

(\__/)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th October 2017 - 10:26 PM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!