> Stanley cup baby., giggity giggity; giggity goo
oobunnie
post May 28 2006, 07:59 PM
Post #1

''Am'nt I the cutest ickle bunny?'' asmodeus

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 64

What I'm talking about.
You think you've seen rioting, until you've seen Edmonton win a hockey game. I only hit our party strip for about an hour because it became to crazy. The article doesnt even do it justice. I remember seeing fires lit in phone booths, and people climbing up the Chapters building.
Its funny how fun things can seem when your drunk and part of them, and then how pointless and bad they seem the next day.
Anyways Hooray for the Oilers, damn straight we're the best Team and craziets fans.

I'll try and post some after game pics. of the Cup games.

Yeahhhh!!!! Oilers biggrin.gif

--------------------
Heaven has a road, but no one travels it; Hell has no gate but men will dig to get there. ~Chinese Proverb
I am the Ickle Mascot of Ish
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ashbless
post May 28 2006, 08:45 PM
Post #2

I could have written a short novel by this point

Member No.: 1,112

May the saints add preservatives to us! Oobunnie? You're just south of me. I'm in the oilsands of Fort Mac. Mayhap we should meet in the pyramids sometime for coffee. smile.gif

That spam aside. laugh.gif Go canadian team Go!

*whispers* Didn't the Oilers recently lose to the Ducks? unsure.gif

--------------------
IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion, It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shaking, the shaking becomes a warning, It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. - SpeakertotheLost

+Quote Post
oobunnie
post May 29 2006, 02:23 AM
Post #3

QUOTE (Ashbless @ May 28 2006, 08:45 PM) *
*whispers* Didn't the Oilers recently lose to the Ducks? unsure.gif

Lose?! Lose?!
Okay yes they did lose one of their games against the Ducks on Thursday, but as the play offs work it's the first to four that wins the set. Which the Oilers so did on Sat. But hey; 4 out of 5 isn't to bad. I still wish Calgary had won their games so we could have played them.

By pyramids do you mean the mutart conservetory (sp?) I haven't been there since I was a kid. Oh the easter egg hunts.

--------------------
Heaven has a road, but no one travels it; Hell has no gate but men will dig to get there. ~Chinese Proverb
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination!

+Quote Post
Ashbless
post May 29 2006, 06:14 PM
Post #4

Yep, that's what I meant by the pyramids. I had to laugh when the best postcards of Fort McMurray that I found, I found in Edmonton at the conservatory. biggrin.gif

So, who are the Oilers up against next? Any idea?

--------------------

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion, It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shaking, the shaking becomes a warning, It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. - SpeakertotheLost

+Quote Post
oobunnie
post May 29 2006, 09:31 PM
Post #5

I'm putting my bet on Carolina to win the Eastern Confrence. But its still up in the air between them and Buffalo. Either way we'll be playing one of them next Monday.
Our provincial things do tnd to have rather cool stuff at them. I love the museum gift shop. funkiest stuff I ever did see.
But nothing beats fort ed. on the basis of rock candy. mmmm hardend sugar that cuts your mouth.

--------------------
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

+Quote Post
Ashbless
post May 30 2006, 02:09 PM
Post #6

Yep, the provincial Royal something or other museums are excellent. I'm still sorry I missed the Leonardo da Vinci exhibit when it was at the Royal B.C. museum. I've been a couple times to the Royal Tyrell in Drumheller to see the dinosaur fossils. Haven't wandered about the Royal Alberta. Mayhap something to do when next I come to visit my cat? I could only find non-animal-friendly living space so he didn't move past Edmonton...yet!

When are Klondike days? That'd be a good time to see Fort Edmonton wouldn't it? Or are there too many people around then?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ashbless
post Jun 6 2006, 02:02 PM
Post #7

QUOTE (oobunnie @ May 29 2006, 03:31 PM) *
I'm putting my bet on Carolina to win the Eastern Confrence.

Yup, but it was a close game. 5-4. Do you follow hockey enough to know if the Oilers are still in this thing?

--------------------

+Quote Post
vicrawr
post Jun 6 2006, 04:09 PM
Post #8

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 374

Here I am, rock you like a hurricane!

Gotta represent the home state.

+Quote Post
Ashbless
post Jun 7 2006, 03:03 PM
Post #9

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Oh, wait a mo. Proper response...ah yes.

Grrr.

--------------------

+Quote Post
oobunnie
post Jun 9 2006, 03:55 AM
Post #10

QUOTE (IrishGuy @ Jun 6 2006, 04:09 PM) *
Here I am, rock you like a hurricane!

Gotta represent the home state.

In defense a Hurricane would have done more damage to rolson then your team did in game 1. I just hope the Oilers can keep their confedense up or we're going to lose for sure. sad.gif
Or they need to send Laraque out and tell him to make his 5 min. penalty bloody well worth something. If they can take out our star goalie then I think were allowed to take out atleast one of their players to.

--------------------
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

+Quote Post
Ashbless
post Jun 11 2006, 01:19 PM
Post #11

Oiler's win last night. So the 'Canes have 2 wins and the Oilers 1 win out of 5 games. Isn't that how this thing goes? Or do they play someone else now? unsure.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
oobunnie
post Jun 11 2006, 06:39 PM
Post #12

They can play a possible 7 games. It's until someone gets 4 wins. Theirs no one to play after this. This is kind of to determined the ultimate winner.
The oilers played way better last nght. It gives me tons of hope.

--------------------
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

+Quote Post
oobunnie
post Jun 12 2006, 09:58 AM
Post #13

I've always kindof wondered why they're called the Carolina Hurricanes. Most teams boast the city they're from. Its to bad I'm not going down to Charlotte for another 2 weeks or I would have gotten myslef tickets for game 5. Not that I know where Raleigh is anyway. laugh.gif

--------------------
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

+Quote Post
Feyliya
post Jun 12 2006, 10:07 AM
Post #14

It's not junk in the trunk, it's precious cargo.

Member No.: 380

I'm pretty sure they call themselves the Carolina Hurricanes because they represent both North Carolina and South Carolina.

--------------------
Irish is my special e-stalker. I leave the blinds open for him. :P // I'm the designated keeper of sobreity. Jell-o Shooters anyone? // I will always have fond memories of Leo's big banana and Cheese's sexy penguin. // I am the all powerful Ish Witch! ::insert evil cackle here:: // ALL HAIL PURSTHULHU!
@_@ You will not write secret messages. You will not write secret messages... @_@

+Quote Post
vicrawr
post Jun 12 2006, 01:46 PM
Post #15

QUOTE (Feyliya @ Jun 12 2006, 06:07 AM) *
I'm pretty sure they call themselves the Carolina Hurricanes because they represent both North Carolina and South Carolina.

Also, we get tons of hurricanes. And we're awesome. Ask Fey, she knows.

+Quote Post
Feyliya
post Jun 12 2006, 09:28 PM
Post #16

Hugo, Floyd, all the various others.... Yeah, the Carolinas get a good few hurricanes. I remember when Hugo hit, it caused tornados and horrible weather all the way back to where I lived. One tornado touched down in the lake behind my grandparents house, where we were sheltering in the basement. It sounded like a train and spewed fish all over the area. I drew chalk pictures on the cement floor while it was going on, and made faces at my sister. Aaah, memories.

--------------------
Irish is my special e-stalker. I leave the blinds open for him. :P // I'm the designated keeper of sobreity. Jell-o Shooters anyone? // I will always have fond memories of Leo's big banana and Cheese's sexy penguin. // I am the all powerful Ish Witch! ::insert evil cackle here:: // ALL HAIL PURSTHULHU!
@_@ You will not write secret messages. You will not write secret messages... @_@

+Quote Post
oobunnie
post Jun 12 2006, 10:01 PM
Post #17

ohmy.gif I just thought they got really bad thundestorms. Maybe I've never really been down there during hurricane season.

--------------------
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

+Quote Post
Feyliya
post Jun 13 2006, 04:55 AM
Post #18

The Carolinas don't get as many direct hits as Florida or Georgia, but they do get at least one hurricane landing or close call per year. More close calls than landings, though. They usually fizzle back down to tropical storms before hitting. From my observations, it usually happens in late summer/early autumn when there are less tourists on the coast and most people are in school.

--------------------

+Quote Post
oobunnie
post Jun 18 2006, 10:23 AM
Post #19

Huzzah we make it to game 7. Wait thats not fun enough.. we totatly own Hockey peoples. That cup is ours!
Your in oil country si right.

There was something in the air that night
The stars were bright, fernando

I can't remember the rest right now. Ohwell

--------------------
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

+Quote Post
vicrawr
post Jun 20 2006, 03:49 AM
Post #20

There was something in the air that night
The stars were bright, Fernando!
They were shining there for you and me
For liberty, Fernando
Though we never thought that we could lose
There's no regret
If I had to do the same again
I would my friend, Fernando

GO CANES! Also, sorry bunnikins. Good fight, though. Held them out until the last game.

+Quote Post
Ashbless
post Jun 21 2006, 12:47 AM
Post #21

That just how generous we Canadians are. We'll let you look after our Stanley Cup for another season. Be sure to polish it up nice for when you give it back. tongue.gif

Congrats Hurricanes!

--------------------

+Quote Post
oobunnie
post Jun 21 2006, 09:07 AM
Post #22

Yarr it was a good game. The Oilers just weren't there last night. Ohwell we get to keep Pronger for another year. And hopefully they'll sign Rolson again. I think we have a good chance of making it back next year. Besides we still got to party. Or atleast most people did. I got sent to the drunk tank for stepping onto a street to look for a cab. Reasonably I didn't have to stay in the tank. But getting handcuffs slapped on your wrists and shoved in the back of the paddywaggin for a nice hour long trip does kind of kill the buzz. The cops here have gone from one extreme to another.
Congrats Canes! and yes thank you for keeping our cup safe for another year. I swear we'll have the new stand ready by next year tongue.gif
And who knows, maybe Ward will jack and bring it back to Edmonton earlly.

--------------------
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st October 2017 - 08:55 AM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!