Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Yellow shirts, a universal idea?
spiffilicious05
post Jun 30 2006, 12:20 AM
Post #1

Empowe(red)

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 614

So my life has been rather busy lately and I haven't taken the time to do things that I once really enjoy (i.e. writing, playing the piano, visiting matazone, etc.) Yet, it's not all so bad. I do have this new job working at a summer day camp with kids. It's a lot of work because most of the kids are around 8 years old and like to run around, but it's fun.

My job is referred to as being a 'yellow shirt.' A yellow shirt is anyone in their later years of high school or older who wears these bright yellow shirts with smilie sunfaces on them and helps out with all the kids. If a kid is lost we take them to their next activity, we take them to the bathroom, we take them to lunch, aftercare (for the parents who work late), and play games with them. It's truly amazing the amount of trust that these kids put in us. There will be children crying in the halls because so-and-so said this, or he/she is lost, or he/she can't find his/her things - but they know that if they can find a yellow shirt things will be alright. Children that aren't in any of my classes or activities run up to give me hugs just because - it's amazing.

So here's the idea: A bunch of us yellow shirts were thinking and why can't we have yellow shirts in real life? People who would walk around the streets with big smiles on their faces ready and willing to help lost 'souls'. It would be awesome to have people who are always around to help and be a smiling face when you need it. Sure there are the police, and firemen, and doctors. But you have to call them for any sort of response - and often you won't receive that warm fuzzy feeling that a yellow shirt can give. So thus I say there should be yellow shirts for all!! laugh.gif

--------------------
Squeaky swings and tall grass
The longest shadows ever cast
The water's warm and children swim
And we frolicked about in our summer skin

Where I roam...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Izzy
post Jun 30 2006, 01:37 PM
Post #2

Germany > Spain...

Member No.: 2,184

Hmm, crossguards? I remember being in like kindergarten or something and giving a crossguard a hug everyday while walking home from school.

I like the yellow shirt idea, as long as the people wearing them are comfirmed not to be like a purv or serial killer and stuff. tongue.gif....Can we change the color though?

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Silver Star Ange...
post Jun 30 2006, 02:36 PM
Post #3

The Six Train.

Member No.: 636

I think that is a fantastic idea. Sometimes, you walk down the street and people just need a little love. The Yellow Shirts would brighten up anyone's face.

And in the case of psychopaths, there can be a mental exam before you get the shirt. laugh.gif

--------------------
THE DREAM POLICE. D:
I am proudly e-married to Fluffy, I am honored to be the little sister of Righteous, and Lord of Darness is always on my mind. Smallcuteanddeadly is my noob! Yay!
Fear the wrath of my dragon, Lord Baltimore! I am willing to fight; I am a soldier of love. Speaker for the Lost is my e-pimp. Lol.

+Quote Post
Cookieflair
post Jun 30 2006, 04:15 PM
Post #4

Oxymoronic Tonic

Member No.: 2,438

Hmm now whare can i get one of these shirts? I think it is a cool idea! Yay yellow shirts!

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
spiffilicious05
post Jul 4 2006, 11:33 PM
Post #5

Empowe(red)

Member No.: 614

I think it is a great idea that I owe to my loverly boyfriend. I mean I didn't have work today, but I ran into a girl from one of my activities and she ran up to me and started talking to me. It's amazing the affect that one happy person can have on a bunch of people!

--------------------
Squeaky swings and tall grass
The longest shadows ever cast
The water's warm and children swim
And we frolicked about in our summer skin

Where I roam...

+Quote Post
Kitty
post Jul 7 2006, 05:51 AM
Post #6

Professionally Unprofessional

Member No.: 580

The only problem is, in real life it wouldn't work out so well.... We have too many creeps out there that would specifically target the Yellow Shirts just for the fun of it....

Otherwise it would definitely be a great idea, its always good to have someone to look to

--------------------
Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things that escape those who dream by night

+Quote Post
Cookieflair
post Jul 9 2006, 12:00 PM
Post #7

Oxymoronic Tonic

Member No.: 2,438

QUOTE (Kitty @ Jul 7 2006, 06:51 AM) *
The only problem is, in real life it wouldn't work out so well.... We have too many creeps out there that would specifically target the Yellow Shirts just for the fun of it....

Otherwise it would definitely be a great idea, its always good to have someone to look to

True but do you have to burst the buble? tongue.gif

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th October 2017 - 05:10 PM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!