Kitty
post Jul 4 2006, 01:53 PM
Post #1

Professionally Unprofessional

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 580

Happy 4th of July!

Anyone doing anything special?

So far my plans are to sit around, but I think later today we'll be heading into DC to go to the Folklife Festival and then hang around for the fireworks!

--------------------
Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things that escape those who dream by night
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Izzy
post Jul 4 2006, 04:10 PM
Post #2

Germany > Spain...

Member No.: 2,184

Happy 4th everyone!
Since I'm banned from fireworks this year....me and a few friends are going to walk to Universal and watch them there. There's usually a pretty good water show.Afterwards we're just gonna hang out in Citywalk a little bit until we get a call telling us to come home.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Cookieflair
post Jul 4 2006, 04:30 PM
Post #3

Oxymoronic Tonic

Member No.: 2,438

WoOoOoOo 4th July!!
*fireworks*
biggrin.gif

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Mata
post Jul 4 2006, 04:40 PM
Post #4

'Trouble Down Pit' now online!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Happy fourth day of the month everyone! My plans are to go to the pub later and do the quiz, like I do most Tuesdays.

--------------------
Trouble Down Pit: Still updated every Monday and Friday
The Matazone Games blog
The Matazone Shop The Matazone Blog
The Matazone Corset Shop: Snobz corsets at 10% off their recommended price!

+Quote Post
vicrawr
post Jul 4 2006, 04:52 PM
Post #5

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 374

I'm attempting to blow large masses of land to bits!

+Quote Post
Izzy
post Jul 4 2006, 05:00 PM
Post #6

Germany > Spain...

^That's why my mom banned me from my fireworks! mad.gif Try blowing a lake up. tongue.gif

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Cookieflair
post Jul 4 2006, 05:02 PM
Post #7

Oxymoronic Tonic

Member No.: 2,438

QUOTE (devils_daughter @ Jul 4 2006, 06:00 PM) *
^That's why my mom banned me from my fireworks! mad.gif Try blowing a lake up. tongue.gif

OOh sounds interesting!

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
voices_in_my_hea...
post Jul 4 2006, 06:22 PM
Post #8

If my woman were a fire...

Member No.: 1,473

I've already gone to the parade and Craft Fair at the Square, but later there's gonna be a fireworks show. There's not going to be any fireworks at anyone's home, though, because fireworks have been banned throughout most of the panhandle.sad.gif

--------------------
Her dignity shone so bright like a light on a hill
and she burned for me, no other man came near her flame.
Bad country songs - the deafening twang of the rich white kid blues.
You can own the strange, but the lights and glares will not make you real.

+Quote Post
Phyllis
post Jul 4 2006, 07:21 PM
Post #9

Candbrush Threepwood

Member No.: 345

Since it's probably my last 4th of July in the US for awhile, I am having a wonderfully tacky USA-fest. I got a dollar store American flag mug, a huge patriotic bow to wear in my hair (oh, it makes me giggle), and a bunch of foods that I can't find as easily in the UK.

I may sue someone later, since it's the new national past-time. But that'll be after I go to watch the fireworks in a nearby town (one that Lo and I took pictures in when she was here, actually....they had the awesome sign about whisky in the water and gold in the streets). They always play patriotic music REALLY loudly during the fireworks there, which only adds to my fabulously tacky little holiday. biggrin.gif

Anyway, happy Independence Day to everyone in the US (even though I'm being a traitor and moving to the place we got independence from tongue.gif ), and a belated happy Canada Day as well to the Canadians since there wasn't a thread started for that on the 1st.

--------------------
I love you in a way that is mystical and eternal and illegal in 20 states.

+Quote Post
Feyliya
post Jul 5 2006, 02:41 AM
Post #10

It's not junk in the trunk, it's precious cargo.

Member No.: 380

Well Randy and I were GOING to have a nice dinner out today, but then Randy stayed up all night playing WoW and passed out an hour before we were supposed to be getting up and getting dressed for said dinner. So now we're just sitting at home, doing nothing, and eating whatever we can scrounge because I had planned on grocery shopping tomorrow (don't need to today, we're eating out, right?) and the pizza place up the street isn't open. Top it off with the fact that my computer keeps crashing and Randy keeps laughing at it and doesn't know how to fix it, I can't play ANYTHING on my computer because of the crashing so I have nothing to do, and meanwhile Randy's back on WoW completely ignoring me.

Happy f*cking 4th of July, everyone. I'm having soooo much fun on mine.

/rant

--------------------
Irish is my special e-stalker. I leave the blinds open for him. :P // I'm the designated keeper of sobreity. Jell-o Shooters anyone? // I will always have fond memories of Leo's big banana and Cheese's sexy penguin. // I am the all powerful Ish Witch! ::insert evil cackle here:: // ALL HAIL PURSTHULHU!
@_@ You will not write secret messages. You will not write secret messages... @_@

+Quote Post
Phyllis
post Jul 5 2006, 09:08 AM
Post #11

Candbrush Threepwood

Member No.: 345

QUOTE (devils_daughter @ Jul 4 2006, 10:00 AM) *

I'm sorry, but people who let kids under 16 play with fireworks at all (beyond a sparkler) kind of scare me.

My USA-fest went well, though I am now all jittery from the amount of sugar I had. I'm not used to so much junk food. And there were some drunken yokels across the street from us when we went to watch the big fireworks. They had fireworks that are very much illegal in this state, and they were making me nervous.

I'm sorry yours sucked, Fey. sad.gif You should have come down to Oregon and joined me in my fabulously tacky celebration! tongue.gif

--------------------
I love you in a way that is mystical and eternal and illegal in 20 states.

+Quote Post
Kitty
post Jul 5 2006, 03:28 PM
Post #12

Professionally Unprofessional

Member No.: 580

Sorry about your day sucking Fey! I have sympathy.

I, in fact, went to the mall with my dad, watched him look at suits, looked for fabric and failed (fabric stores suck) walked around a bit and ran to the car to try to beat the rain. Didn't beat the rain, got home and sat around for a couple hours. Went and watched Superman Returns, which was pretty good.

Kind of boring, overall, but atleast I did something.

And Cand I use to play with bottle rockets when I was around 13 We also had some roman candles (which scared the hell out of me) but all in all I agree, some kids really shouldn't be playing with fireworks

--------------------
Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things that escape those who dream by night

+Quote Post
Izzy
post Jul 5 2006, 03:34 PM
Post #13

Germany > Spain...

QUOTE (candice @ Jul 5 2006, 05:08 AM) *

I'm sorry, but people who let kids under 16 play with fireworks at all (beyond a sparkler) kind of scare me.

She didn't even know I had them until one of our idiot neighbors complained about me, Donny, and Trisitin riding around on the lake blowing stuff up into the sky, with a 3 year old with us.And then went on about how it's only the 2nd, and that we should only launch fireworks one day a year (two if you count New Years) so he doesn't have to hear "the loud noise" more than once.

Anyaways the fireworks and Universal suck. Seaworld has a much better show, and it lasts longer.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Sir Psycho Sexy
post Jul 5 2006, 05:09 PM
Post #14

Technically a giant, intellectual midget.

Member No.: 197

Aww...I had a 4th July once, I wandered around San Francisco and then sat around freezing my man-parts off waiting to watch the clouds glow red, white and blue! Was much fun. smile.gif

Edit: Just to point out, I do have a 4th July every year, it doesn't magically skip from the 3rd to the 5thI just don't celebrate anything.
Anyway, this year, my sisters fiance went for a scan to see if he'd beaten his cancer, they gave him something along the lines of vallium, I think he rather enjoyed it. tongue.gif

--------------------
He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

+Quote Post
vicrawr
post Jul 5 2006, 06:22 PM
Post #15

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 374

QUOTE (devils_daughter @ Jul 5 2006, 11:34 AM) *

She didn't even know I had them until one of our idiot neighbors complained about me, Donny, and Trisitin riding around on the lake blowing stuff up into the sky, with a 3 year old with us.And then went on about how it's only the 2nd, and that we should only launch fireworks one day a year (two if you count New Years) so he doesn't have to hear "the loud noise" more than once.

Anyaways the fireworks and Universal suck. Seaworld has a much better show, and it lasts longer.

Well, see, there's the problem. You're twelve and riding around on a body of water with a three year old using explosives. I think your mom made the right choice.

As for my fourth, I got to play with a snapping turtle! Turtle Power!

+Quote Post
Feyliya
post Jul 5 2006, 08:10 PM
Post #16

It's not junk in the trunk, it's precious cargo.

Member No.: 380

Thanks, ya'll. I wub.gif you guys.

I ended up spending the night labeling and filing the books on our D&D server. Not exactly fun, but it had to be done. I skipped the fireworks because I don't like them as much when I'm not setting them off, and I don't really like crowds.

Woke Randy up bright and early today with repeated loud alarms. We're going to go out to eat today instead. Then we'll watch Superman Returns.

I should be used to celebrating things a day late by now. Randy ALWAYS stays up too late playing computer games, then begs off on whatever we're doing that day. Last year he tried to skip Thanksgiving dinner at my aunt's house because he was too tired. I just dressed him myself, hog-tied him, and carried him out the door to the bus. (Okay, not really, I just bugged him until he realized that I wasn't giving up and he finally moved.)

--------------------
Irish is my special e-stalker. I leave the blinds open for him. :P // I'm the designated keeper of sobreity. Jell-o Shooters anyone? // I will always have fond memories of Leo's big banana and Cheese's sexy penguin. // I am the all powerful Ish Witch! ::insert evil cackle here:: // ALL HAIL PURSTHULHU!
@_@ You will not write secret messages. You will not write secret messages... @_@

+Quote Post
Izzy
post Jul 5 2006, 09:58 PM
Post #17

Germany > Spain...

QUOTE (IrishGuy @ Jul 5 2006, 02:22 PM) *
QUOTE (devils_daughter @ Jul 5 2006, 11:34 AM) *

Well, see, there's the problem. You're twelve and riding around on a body of water with a three year old using explosives. I think your mom made the right choice.

Yeah, but Donny's 17, and he was driving the boat. Adam (the 3 year old) was only there cause Donny got stuck watching him cause both there Moms were off doing dumb stuff in the mall. It's not like anything happened and we were wearing life jackets..

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Usurper MrTeapot
post Jul 5 2006, 10:08 PM
Post #18

Samauri Teapain

Member No.: 844

What time at night were you doing this?

Firstly, it is pointless doing fireworks before it is dark or you can't see them. Then you understand it doesn't get dark till quite late after a three year old should be in bed. And finally...a three year old in a boat with fireworks? Doesn't that sound wrong to you at all?

I spent the 4th scratching my bollocks and wondering what's for dinner, like most of the Brits when America decided they had won independance.

--------------------
@>-'--,--Cath and gothictheysay are my E-Teapotettes.@>-'--,--
Jaq and believe are my adopted Tea Spoons (wherever they are :'( )
"I am just a worthless liar, I am just an imbecile, I will only complicate you, trust in me and fall aswell."
A proud Viking never stops masturbating.
Taking over Matazone Forums since 2011.

+Quote Post
Izzy
post Jul 5 2006, 10:18 PM
Post #19

Germany > Spain...

Time: 7:30ish.
Dark: Yeah, kinda.But then again, we weren't trying to see them. We were trying to blow the lake up. Yes, it's stupid. But it's fun..
Sound wrong: Not really. We weren't lauching them from inside the boat. We took turns going into the tube, starting the boat, then lauching them. It didn't work too well, but it still worked.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Sir Psycho Sexy
post Jul 5 2006, 11:38 PM
Post #20

Technically a giant, intellectual midget.

Member No.: 197

I'm having trouble getting past the idea of three non-adults (one of whom is a toddler), with explosives...in a boat...over water. Thank god you were wearing life jackets!

--------------------
He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

+Quote Post
LoLo
post Jul 6 2006, 02:10 PM
Post #21

Kiefer > Jason

Group: Admin
Member No.: 51

I celebrated my 4th by ordering a brand new shiny MacBook Pro, which should be arriving today!

--------------------

Being Pimped By Aries Since 2003

+Quote Post
pgrmdave
post Jul 6 2006, 04:46 PM
Post #22

^random image of the day

Member No.: 1,604

Does anybody else find it amusing that the USA considers it's independence day not to be the day that our government was formed, or when we beat the British army and won our independence, but as soon as we said we were a nation?

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th October 2017 - 06:14 PM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!