Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Rational Thought Voiding
Smiler
post Jul 7 2006, 04:50 PM
Post #1

Ooga Booga!! SMILE!

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,379

This could technically be placed in Daft purely due to the ridiculousness of the situation the post springs from, but bare with me it does go somewhere.

With the winding down of the World Cup and the sun in the sky there is the prospect that heat exhaustion and sun damage have addled my brain hence I find myself in a position relatively unknown to me; goalkeeper.

Yes, I, the beer swilling, easy going Smiler have been signed up for the office football team and am off to a 5-a-side competition tomorrow.

Stop laughing. mad.gif biggrin.gif tongue.gif

Now for those whoíve met me youíll be able to certify that Iím not exactly in the peak of physical fitness. For those that havenít, check out pics from the last couple of Mata-meets, laugh a bit and then come back.
So, through company loyalty and an ongoing desire to have a laugh, Iím gonna be playing football tomorrow and will be in pain by tomorrow afternoon. And hear lies the point of the thread.

I wanna know what you have done against all rational and logical thought in the name of overcoming a challenge, loyalty (in life or love) or just for the sheer hell and giggle of it?

I'll be able to link to pics after the game so you'll see me in my Ninja Turtle-like glory.

Remember, no shame is too large and ne deed too silly to share with fellow matazonians.

I'm really gonna regret this... wink.gif

Smiler

--------------------
Presently defacto leader of the scuttler nation; conform, consume, o'smile for snaffie's sake --> A smile a day keeps th...Ah sod it...just SMILE!!!Some weird dragon lady gave me a cookie and said if I got in the van she'd adopt me. I ignored mummy and went with Wyvern & lookee here, I now have my own adoptee to cause chaos: Stardust_Smile...Official barman to Tribe Wyvern COME VISIT but beware the Monkey Overlords, they plan the demise of the hairless ones. Your house is at risk. Always read the label.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Izzy
post Jul 8 2006, 02:56 PM
Post #2

Germany > Spain...

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 2,184

These are all for the sheer Hell of a giggle. tongue.gif
Once at lunch me and my friend Alex were trying to prove to a teacher that books hurt your head. Unable to prove this, we sat down and slammed the books we were holding into our faces. It hit out foreheads a few times, and then I missed and hit my nose. I was in the clinic with a nosebleed for the remainder of the lunch period.

And then there's always throwing stuff in the cafetiria/pic nic area..Spoon fights..pretty much doing anything that will make the lunch ladies mad, but not send us to the office. On one funny ocasion, I actully did absolutely nothing, and got sent to the office along with this kid called Bill. The assistant principle took one look at us sitting in the conference room, frowned and said "Sorry, guys, some kindergarteners just got in a crayon fight, I don't have time for you today. Do you know not to do whatever you did again?" "Yes, sir". It was really funny.

Oh, and then me, Donny, Tristin, and Adam (the toddler!) tried blowing up a lake with fireworks, and before we get in the whole argument about how dangerous it was, and how stupid, and how whatever, let me tell you, I know! But it was really fun. (okay, the dumb lake didn't blow up, but we went tubing for a good hour and a half.)
There's probably a lot more stuff, but I just can't think of anything right now.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Mata
post Jul 8 2006, 03:44 PM
Post #3

'Trouble Down Pit' now online!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Probably going to the Burning Man festival the first time was the silliest thing I did. I hooked up on the web with a group of Americans that I only knew through posting a message asking for help online. I can't drive, I was travelling by myself, I didn't know their address, I didn't know their phone number, I didn't even know what they looked like because this was 1999 and no-one had digital cameras back then! They picked me up from the airport and I had a fantastic time, but looking back I'm astonished at how makeshift the whole arrrangement was!

--------------------
Trouble Down Pit: Still updated every Monday and Friday
The Matazone Games blog
The Matazone Shop The Matazone Blog
The Matazone Corset Shop: Snobz corsets at 10% off their recommended price!

+Quote Post
Smiler
post Jul 9 2006, 12:19 PM
Post #4

Ooga Booga!! SMILE!

Ouch! I'm in pain. Stiff and sunburnt, exercise and football are bad for my physical being.

Heehee, I remember when I was travelling in Central America we were swimming in some inland lagons when the guide says he has a suprise. Next thing you know I was abseiling down waterfalls, following him into a cave with the waterfall cascading over the entrance and the river raging in two streams past the outcrop we were on in the pitch black. Awsome, it'll stay with me forever

--------------------
Presently defacto leader of the scuttler nation; conform, consume, o'smile for snaffie's sake --> A smile a day keeps th...Ah sod it...just SMILE!!!Some weird dragon lady gave me a cookie and said if I got in the van she'd adopt me. I ignored mummy and went with Wyvern & lookee here, I now have my own adoptee to cause chaos: Stardust_Smile...Official barman to Tribe Wyvern COME VISIT but beware the Monkey Overlords, they plan the demise of the hairless ones. Your house is at risk. Always read the label.

+Quote Post
Izzy
post Jul 9 2006, 03:53 PM
Post #5

Germany > Spain...

Me and some friends were playing truth or dare yesterday, and we did some pretty stupid things. I had to pierce my lip with an earing (oddly, it didn't hurt), Donny had to smash an egg on his head, go outside, find one person, and convince thm he was a chicken, Diana had to paint her nails pink (it's funnier than you can imagine) and Jack had to prank call his sister's cell phone and pretend he had a crush on her.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Phyllis
post Jul 9 2006, 04:51 PM
Post #6

Candbrush Threepwood

Member No.: 345

When I was 18 years old, just out of high school, I traveled for 3 days across the US on a Greyhound bus. Eventually I got to my destination: New York City. I was moving there...to Harlem, to be more specific. Though I'd never even visited. And I was moving in with someone I'd never met in person.

Yep, that pretty much went against every rational thought I had in my head. Glad I did it, though. It was an adventure. But there were a few times when I thought, "Oh, my mother would faint if she could see me now" as I walked through a particularly bad neighborhood. biggrin.gif

--------------------
I love you in a way that is mystical and eternal and illegal in 20 states.

+Quote Post
elphaba2
post Jul 9 2006, 11:12 PM
Post #7

Lord of the Keys

Member No.: 1,329

Getting up at six in the morning to walk through San Francisco in search of a thrift store. I had a map and some Kerouac with me: wound up bribing the conductor of a cable car with the Kerouac to get halfway across the city, got kicked off at the ridiculously steep Nob Hill to finally get to one. At which I bought half of a ball gown and a paisley shirt.

--------------------
can I kiss your dopamine?
In a way I wonder if she's living in a magazine

+Quote Post
Mata
post Jul 10 2006, 07:59 AM
Post #8

Is Nob Hill the one with the Coit(us) Tower at the top of it?

--------------------
The Matazone Games blog

+Quote Post
elphaba2
post Jul 10 2006, 06:28 PM
Post #9

Lord of the Keys

Member No.: 1,329

Tee. I kept thinking the same thing, particularly as it's got an especially phallic design. Apparently it's in the shape of a fireman's hose, which set me off again.

Also, no. That's Telegraph Hill.

edit: This thread sort of inspired me to do something in this vein last night--I sent a letter to my favorite musician inviting him to dinner in suburbia. Thanks Smiler!

Also, no irrational antics for you, Mata?

This post has been edited by elphaba2: Jul 11 2006, 04:07 AM

--------------------
can I kiss your dopamine?
In a way I wonder if she's living in a magazine

+Quote Post
Mata
post Jul 12 2006, 03:33 PM
Post #10

Well, going to the US in the manner described above was pretty irrational.

Otherwise, no, I never do anything silly. *cough http://www.matazone.co.uk/animpages/body_bag_stunt.html cough*

--------------------
The Matazone Games blog

+Quote Post
Izzy
post Jul 13 2006, 08:47 PM
Post #11

Germany > Spain...

^ You've just got me laughing now..and people are staring 'cause I'm in a library..*STOP STARING!*

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
El Nino
post Jul 17 2006, 12:30 PM
Post #12

I pull the wings off god

Member No.: 1,340

I don't actually remember having any rational or logical thoughts as a kid so everything was done for fun, or because I was told to, or just out of sheer boredom. And now that I have rational and logical thoughts (although some of you might not believe this is so) I don't really want to ignore them. So yes, I've done some stupid stuff in life. But not against rational and logical thoughts.

--------------------
Please try to remember, when reading my posts, that I've probably not watched the same films & tv shows as you. I try not to watch music vids & I've also probably not even heard about them from other people. Man to woman "If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong!"/She's all lips & hips, she knows how to use them to make you flip//Liquor store & gun store, next to one another, with only one purpose, so you all kill each other,//Member of the pro cath association // Froggys' sugar-e-daddy//You can't spell politics without tics/[b]/Note to self: Infinite Diversity in Infinite Combinations = human stupidity.Dip me in chocolate and throw me to the females (not shemales).

+Quote Post
Moosh
post Jul 17 2006, 01:14 PM
Post #13

I plug directly into my computer

Member No.: 1,488

Me and my friends have been off school for some time now, but today we had to go in for a hour or so, at 9:00 am. So what did we do last night?

Got drunk whilst playing cards, then ordered and ate an Al Karim's Special. For those of you who don't live in Stafford, this is a large pizza box filled with a huge naan bread and lots of chips, (probably) chicken, donner meat and another sort of meat we've never identified, purchased from a cheap and dodgy fast food place.

Not content with drunkeness and food poisoning, we proceeded to try some drunken wrestling. After injuring ourselves in a variety of ways, we went our seperate ways, and suprisingly all managed to get to school on time, though mayhap looking a little worse for the wear.

Does this count?

--------------------
QUOTE (Peter Griffin)
Math, my dear boy, is nothing more than the lesbian sister of biology.

+Quote Post
Smiler
post Jul 17 2006, 01:18 PM
Post #14

Ooga Booga!! SMILE!

I kinda suppose it does. Are there many cats in Stafford? You may want to look into that, I know having a kebab in London's pretty much in teh vain of the thread wink.gif

STOP THE PRESSES

Just because I didn't learn enough the last time - Its footie for me on Saturday again... erm... I'm in pre owie's at the moment

--------------------

+Quote Post
El Nino
post Jul 17 2006, 04:43 PM
Post #15

I pull the wings off god

Member No.: 1,340

QUOTE (Because I can @ Jul 17 2006, 01:30 PM) *
So yes, I've done some stupid stuff in life. But not against rational and logical thoughts.

I've just thought about how this could be (and knowing you lot, probably will be) interpreted. So I'll add: Nothing sexual (thanking my own instincts).

--------------------
Please try to remember, when reading my posts, that I've probably not watched the same films & tv shows as you. I try not to watch music vids & I've also probably not even heard about them from other people. Man to woman "If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong!"/She's all lips & hips, she knows how to use them to make you flip//Liquor store & gun store, next to one another, with only one purpose, so you all kill each other,//Member of the pro cath association // Froggys' sugar-e-daddy//You can't spell politics without tics/[b]/Note to self: Infinite Diversity in Infinite Combinations = human stupidity.Dip me in chocolate and throw me to the females (not shemales).

+Quote Post
Phyllis
post Jul 17 2006, 06:08 PM
Post #16

Candbrush Threepwood

Member No.: 345

QUOTE (CheeseMoose @ Jul 17 2006, 06:14 AM) *
donner meat

I know what you mean by this, but I still can't help but think "Donner Party! CM ate people!"

ph34r.gif

--------------------
I love you in a way that is mystical and eternal and illegal in 20 states.

+Quote Post
Moosh
post Jul 26 2006, 01:18 PM
Post #17

I plug directly into my computer

Member No.: 1,488

QUOTE (candice @ Jul 17 2006, 07:08 PM) *
QUOTE (CheeseMoose @ Jul 17 2006, 06:14 AM) *

donner meat

I know what you mean by this, but I still can't help but think "Donner Party! CM ate people!"

ph34r.gif

ph34r.gif Cand, for all we know it could have been people. From Al Karim's I woulnd't actually be that suprised.

--------------------
QUOTE (Peter Griffin)
Math, my dear boy, is nothing more than the lesbian sister of biology.

+Quote Post
Daria
post Jul 26 2006, 02:22 PM
Post #18

Wait for the uprising

Member No.: 1,735

QUOTE (Mata @ Jul 12 2006, 04:33 PM) *
Well, going to the US in the manner described above was pretty irrational.

Otherwise, no, I never do anything silly. *cough http://www.matazone.co.uk/animpages/body_bag_stunt.html cough*

That was one of the first things I saw on your site, along with your artwork that made me want to stick around for more.
/slight spam

Umm... I think going to Orkney to stay with someone I have never met (but have spoken to etc), going by an 11 hour bus is a little silly. But more of an adventure.

Wearing sandals in London- now THERE'S a rational thought voiding moment.

--------------------
We are unraveling our navels so that we may ingest the sun.

DARIA IZ GOOD ON TOAST

TOAST IZ GOOD ON DARIA

+Quote Post
Usurper MrTeapot
post Jul 26 2006, 02:48 PM
Post #19

Samauri Teapain

Member No.: 844

Wo! Go Daria!

--------------------
@>-'--,--Cath and gothictheysay are my E-Teapotettes.@>-'--,--
Jaq and believe are my adopted Tea Spoons (wherever they are :'( )
"I am just a worthless liar, I am just an imbecile, I will only complicate you, trust in me and fall aswell."
A proud Viking never stops masturbating.
Taking over Matazone Forums since 2011.

+Quote Post
Smiler
post Aug 9 2006, 12:55 PM
Post #20

Ooga Booga!! SMILE!

I suppose picking up GothicAngels Poi and progressing to learn how to use them wold count... in the flashbacks I still see the ball flying towards my nether reagions... ouch!

--------------------

+Quote Post
bryden42
post Aug 9 2006, 04:03 PM
Post #21

Flash Gordon Wannabe

Member No.: 1,984

going camping and popping into a field to answer the call o fnature despite having been warned about the poachers with nasty guns in the area, then lying in field whilst being lamped up by said poachers trying desperately to not look like a dear lying in a field. logical thought was definately not at home that night.

--------------------
I like your house... can I come in!
S P A N G L E D by Faerieryn

what I do when I have too much time on my hands My Devart page

+Quote Post
CrazyFooIAintGet...
post Aug 9 2006, 05:35 PM
Post #22

Has been kidnapped by gerbils and forced to post on here repeatedly

Member No.: 606

I guess trying fire poi when drunk was a pretty bad idea. (I can only do a couple of tricks even with regular ones)

I got one of them tangled round my arm at one point, but somehow managed to not to set myself on fire.. woo! biggrin.gif

--------------------
Kung fu fighting from 25th April 2010

+Quote Post
Mata
post Aug 14 2006, 12:40 PM
Post #23

Did you avoid doing that this year?

I think trying slack rope was my silly moment for the month. You've heard of tight rope walking? Slack rope is like that, but without the advantage of the rope staying fairly still. For added daftness, this one was an aero-somethingorother, which means that it's made of a very stretchy material. I got on it, and was thrown off, but not in an uncontrolled manner, so I had another try. I'm not quite sure what happened the second time, but my mental reconstruction involves a huge hand called Gravity pushing very fast on my chest, and the next thing I know my back has slammed onto the ground, closely followed by my head. Yep, that was pretty silly.

--------------------
The Matazone Games blog

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th October 2017 - 03:12 PM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!