Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Wisdomless, My first surgery
gothictheysay
post Jul 12 2006, 04:28 PM
Post #1

living in your basement, eating your candy hearts

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 959

Since I haven't posted around here in ages, I thought I'd delight you all and complain at you with my recent experience of having my wisdom teeth out! It happened this morning, and I was paranoid about waking up from the anesthetic at the wrong time, but when I woke up it was all done and I hadn't felt a thing. I have to make sure to eat mushy stuff; no crunchy stuff for me. But it's not so bad - they weren't impacted, I just didn't have enough room. So here goes a couple days of eating broth and soft stuff, and taking painkillers and making sure I don't bleed! I bet a bunch of you have had yours out - what was it like? What did you eat? I got all four out, how about you? biggrin.gif

--------------------
Being corrupted by candice since 2004
teal and orange is the way forward
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Calantyr
post Jul 12 2006, 07:21 PM
Post #2

Perfection Personified

Member No.: 1,548

How odd! I had my only filling put in this morning. The result of biting a granite table while under the influence of too much bourbon...

Had a local anaesthetic jammed into my mouth from a 2inch long needle (which came out BENT) and then proceeded to have plasticy goodness shot into the cavity. Fun stuff!

Half my face paralysed and I've been slurring words like a redneck all day. How charming. smile.gif

OK, not quite wisdom teeth but it was a strange experience for me and I wanted to share. smile.gif

--------------------
"Too often Fate,
By all abhorred,
To savage poison,
Adds the sword"
- Boethius, The Concillations of Philosophy

+Quote Post
Mata
post Jul 12 2006, 08:02 PM
Post #3

'Trouble Down Pit' now online!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

When I was about ten or eleven I still had lots of my milk-teeth, so the dentists decided that I should have them removed to make space for the new ones that were supposed to grow... One slight snag, I had 20 teeth at the time, and 9 were milk-teeth so they were going to take out half my mouth!

The day before I went in one of the teeth came out by itself, but I still had 8 removed at once. I was eating soup for days. The irony is, even now I'm an adult I still am about 9 teeth short of a full set (not that there's really enough room in there as it is. I must have a small jaw, or something).

So there you go: (very nearly) half my teeth at once. Beat that! biggrin.gif

'Hope your gums heal quickly!

--------------------
Trouble Down Pit: Still updated every Monday and Friday
The Matazone Games blog
The Matazone Shop The Matazone Blog
The Matazone Corset Shop: Snobz corsets at 10% off their recommended price!

+Quote Post
I_am_the_best
post Jul 12 2006, 08:49 PM
Post #4

Dirty Laundry

Member No.: 1,573

I had to have four teeth out for braces, but they injected me with anaesthetic 8 times! It made me laugh a lot though, I'm not sure why. It hurt horribly but the anaesthetic was very funny. And then I tried to drink afterwards, which didn't work at all and all the water just poured out of my mouth!

--------------------
Emma <3 James <3
"Music is a moral law. It gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, a charm to sadness, gaiety and life to everything. It is the essence of order, and leads to all that is good, just and beautiful, of which it is the invisible, but nevertheless dazzling, passionate, and eternal form." - Plato

+Quote Post
vicrawr
post Jul 13 2006, 02:27 AM
Post #5

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 374

QUOTE (Calantyr @ Jul 12 2006, 03:21 PM) *
Half my face paralysed and I've been slurring words like a redneck all day. How charming. smile.gif

To be fair, we don't slur, we're just not in a hurry to talk.

I've yet to get my wisdom teeth removed, but they are coming in. Only on the top, though. I look forward to it.

+Quote Post
Libitha
post Jul 13 2006, 04:20 PM
Post #6

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,477

I'm having my two bottom wisdom teeth out in a few months coz they are impacted and causing me pain. It's gd to hear that it all went well and that I'm not the only person worrying about waking up at the wrong time. unsure.gif

--------------------
I am that I am and thats all I can be.

+Quote Post
Mutilation
post Jul 13 2006, 07:11 PM
Post #7

Speed of Life

Member No.: 952

One thing to look out for when you get injected in your mouth is to try not to dribble. When I got some of my teeth out for braces, I went out with a white t-shirt and came back with a red one >_>

+Quote Post
gothictheysay
post Jul 13 2006, 08:01 PM
Post #8

Yeah, when I took a nap I ended up with some blood leaking out. But it's mostly stopped now, thank goodness.

--------------------

+Quote Post
monkey_called_na...
post Jul 14 2006, 06:48 AM
Post #9

I'm an inefficient bear. Maul.

Member No.: 408

the only odd thing i had to deal with was getting my teeth pulled for my braces, having 2 cavities filled, and receiving my braces all in the same day. *blinks* i dont think they are supposed to do that.

but it was great walking around looking like a fish for the day.

--------------------
ATTACK SLOTH!

It's gonna get you... eventually.

+Quote Post
Feyliya
post Jul 15 2006, 04:08 AM
Post #10

It's not junk in the trunk, it's precious cargo.

Member No.: 380

I had to have 8 adult molars removed to have my braces put on. I have a REALLY small jaw and my teeth were REALLY crowded. I also had to have all of my wisdom teeth removed. And that's just the most recent teeth I've had out.

Three quarters of my baby teeth were taken out by my dentist, albeit one at a time. I just didn't have enough room for everything to be there at once, so as my molars and adult teeth came in, he would pull out an old tooth or two. But until I had those 8 molars removed, the most teeth I'd had taken out at once was 4 (two adult teeth came in at the same time and my dentist yanked the two baby teeth on top).

--------------------
Irish is my special e-stalker. I leave the blinds open for him. :P // I'm the designated keeper of sobreity. Jell-o Shooters anyone? // I will always have fond memories of Leo's big banana and Cheese's sexy penguin. // I am the all powerful Ish Witch! ::insert evil cackle here:: // ALL HAIL PURSTHULHU!
@_@ You will not write secret messages. You will not write secret messages... @_@

+Quote Post
Cookieflair
post Jul 15 2006, 04:37 PM
Post #11

Oxymoronic Tonic

Member No.: 2,438

I think my wisdom teeth are just starting to come up it feel weird :S
(can you get them at 15?)I think you can.

I have really bad teeth due to my osteogenesis imperfecta (ooh get me) aka brittle bones so i have many fillings sad.gif
I am scared of the dentist and shake in the invoulantarily in the chair!

I hope you feel ok and your mouth heals quickly smile.gif

--x--

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
lyfgozon
post Jul 17 2006, 11:59 AM
Post #12

That's 'Sir Guppy' to you

Group: New Members
Member No.: 2,580

WOW, YOU ARE BRAVE..4 TEETH out!! phew! I did local anaesthasia and had one tooth extracted, and am sooooooo afraid to go to the dentist again, I have some more deayed teeth to get removed..I fink I'll do the anaesthasia,sleeping and waking up afterwards...I dont want to feel anyfin, dont wanna see the dentist, phew, I can die!!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jonman
post Jul 18 2006, 08:32 PM
Post #13

Duck Hunter S Thompson

Member No.: 71

I had a wisdom tooth out last Friday. I lost it at the front desk when I was paying for it, and nearly passed out. Had to have a lie down in the waiting room for a half hour, then get the receptionist to call Mrs Jonman and ask her to come pick me up.

The poor bloke who was after me walked in to see me, white as a sheet, layed out on the waiting room floor - can't exactly have inspired confidence in him, but there you go.

--------------------
Nearly two years in - about time for a new AV

+Quote Post
gothictheysay
post Jul 19 2006, 02:16 PM
Post #14

Yikes! I've fainted before at a doctor's - stood up too fast after a blood test, and passed out in the waiting room. Because it was the waiting room, though, they called the paramedics, citing some reason that I don't remember... anyway, my father said none of the doctors would look at me. Odd. Anyway, hope you're feeling better.

My gums don't even hurt anymore - took a little less than a week to heal; I'm very happy. biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cookieflair
post Jul 20 2006, 04:38 PM
Post #15

Oxymoronic Tonic

Your mouth is the fastest place to heal in your body. I think it has something to do with increased blood flow there.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
LoLo
post Jul 24 2006, 01:52 PM
Post #16

Kiefer > Jason

Member No.: 51

I had my wisdom teeth out when I was 16 and it was a very strange experience. I got knocked out and I remember right before I fell asleep that pretty little dots were coming down from the ceiling and talking to me. I also remember waking up and being strapped down to a bed and feeling very freaked out. They had strapped me down so I wouldn't roll off the bed and hurt myself, but it's still strange to wake up and be unable to move.

I remember I couldn't use the vicadin (sp?) they gave me for the pain because it made me ill (found that out again after having a cist removed from under my tongue) and that I got to have lots and lots of yummy sherbert. The thing that really sucked about it though was the fact that my right half of my chin has yet to wake up from the surgery and it's 11 years later now.

--------------------

Being Pimped By Aries Since 2003

+Quote Post
Cookieflair
post Jul 24 2006, 07:51 PM
Post #17

Oxymoronic Tonic

Woah really? (the chin thing) that really sucks.

Hmm you could sue, its one of the western worlds favourite hobbies after all.

Woah really?

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
LoLo
post Jul 24 2006, 07:56 PM
Post #18

Kiefer > Jason

Member No.: 51

QUOTE (Cookieflair @ Jul 24 2006, 12:51 PM) *
Woah really? (the chin thing) that really sucks.

Hmm you could sue, its one of the western worlds favourite hobbies after all.

Woah really?

It's been way too long to sue and besides you sign a paper before you go in for the surgery literally signing your life away. You have to check all these boxes that say "The doctor is not at fault if such and such happens" of which death is included, then you sign it. It's not a big deal the only thing it really affects is whether or not I know if there is food on that side of my chin.

--------------------

Being Pimped By Aries Since 2003

+Quote Post
Cookieflair
post Jul 24 2006, 08:02 PM
Post #19

Oxymoronic Tonic

Yeah i didnt think about papers.. and yeah i know about the sueing thing.

Still its the principle of the thing isnt it?

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd October 2017 - 07:06 PM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!