IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules 
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> I scream, you sceam, we all scream for ice-cream, Nice things done by 'du management
Smiler
post Jul 19 2006, 04:29 PM
Post #1

Ooga Booga!! SMILE!

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,379

So there we are today, hottest day of the year the news says, with fans whirring and air con blaring sweating like the desk monkeys we are when all of a sudden we [the company] get the below email, from the DG no less!

I wonder if your office is as hot as mine today? Yes, it really is hot but it is part of the price we pay for working in such a wonderful building.
Nevertheless, we want you to be as comfortable as we can make it and, as a small token, why not pop along to the Café Bar and collect your free ice cream.
Ask your line manager to buy you an ice cream, which they can reclaim on their expenses and send the bill to me!
Let’s hope this splendid weather is still around at the week-end.
T.F
Director General

SO! Miserly gits that they can be, I wanna to know:

A- What have your bosses done outta the blue that's nice for you

and

B- More importantly, what's your favourite Ice Cream? wink.gif

I plumbed for a Feast. mmMMMMmmmmmmmmm

--------------------
Presently defacto leader of the scuttler nation; conform, consume, o'smile for snaffie's sake --> A smile a day keeps th...Ah sod it...just SMILE!!!Some weird dragon lady gave me a cookie and said if I got in the van she'd adopt me. I ignored mummy and went with Wyvern & lookee here, I now have my own adoptee to cause chaos: Stardust_Smile...Official barman to Tribe Wyvern COME VISIT but beware the Monkey Overlords, they plan the demise of the hairless ones. Your house is at risk. Always read the label.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Izzy
post Jul 19 2006, 04:34 PM
Post #2

Germany > Spain...

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 2,184

A- absolutely nothing. I have no boss.

B- I'm stumped. All types!(except strawberry)

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Witless
post Jul 19 2006, 04:41 PM
Post #3

happy.. sad.. happy

Member No.: 1,536

A- My boss thinks I'm great.. and works me a bit too hard sometimes, so she feels guilty and buys me pizza, and lunch and dinner.. and loads of stuff all the time (cinema etc..)

B- Without a doubt, Haagen Daaz, chocolate fudge brownie.. *drools*

--------------------
"I'm an introvert, I think you're wonderful and I like you, but please now shush"
"Science is just organised common sense"
"All generalizations are dangerous, even this one."
"You are unique, just like everybody else."

+Quote Post
Cath Sparrow
post Jul 19 2006, 06:13 PM
Post #4

I've been brainwashed

Group: Admin
Member No.: 526

A - When I had a job we got to go an hour or so early on a couple of occasions, and he bought every one a bottle of wine when we made a million in a month.

B - any of the cold one that dont have banana in them. tongue.gif

--------------------
How would you feel about life if Death was your older sister? You're only young once but you can stay immature indefinetly!!!!

+Quote Post
Hobbes
post Jul 19 2006, 08:29 PM
Post #5

Advice for the young at heart

Member No.: 33

A- My boss, who also happens to be my brother-in-law, gets as sick at working in the heat as me, so we both have left about an hour early the last couple of days. Plus, he buys me drinks or ice-cream occasionally too.

B- I also love Feasts, although have found them increasingly hard to find! I also love strawberry Cornettos. Yum yum.

+Quote Post
elphaba2
post Jul 19 2006, 10:56 PM
Post #6

Lord of the Keys

Member No.: 1,329

A: My boss is a conservative Christian who is terrified of germs, gays, unhealthy food, etc. She gave me an unexpected early day today, which is grand, except that I had no choice in the matter and would have chosen to keep "working".

B: There's a great ice cream place in a nearby town (Croton) that sells Pumpkin. Definitely my favorite.

--------------------
can I kiss your dopamine?
In a way I wonder if she's living in a magazine

+Quote Post
Smiler
post Jul 20 2006, 08:12 AM
Post #7

Ooga Booga!! SMILE!

Ah... nice bosses just told us that they're going to be taking down the blinds for cleaning and they won't be back until Tuesday. ITS 36oC AND SUNNY FOR ONE WEEK IN THE YEAR AND THEY TAKE DOWN THE BLOODY BLINDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
eejits

White Chocolate Magnum is fantastic and well as old school Italian ToffeeFudge, but you can't seem to find it these days... like larger & lime lollies sad.gif

--------------------
Presently defacto leader of the scuttler nation; conform, consume, o'smile for snaffie's sake --> A smile a day keeps th...Ah sod it...just SMILE!!!Some weird dragon lady gave me a cookie and said if I got in the van she'd adopt me. I ignored mummy and went with Wyvern & lookee here, I now have my own adoptee to cause chaos: Stardust_Smile...Official barman to Tribe Wyvern COME VISIT but beware the Monkey Overlords, they plan the demise of the hairless ones. Your house is at risk. Always read the label.

+Quote Post
El Nino
post Jul 20 2006, 08:19 AM
Post #8

I pull the wings off god

Member No.: 1,340

A: About the best any of the bosses, at the store of the chain that I normally work for, have done for me is let me go for a smoke break, whenever I get a chance to do so. (They won't even put tea and coffee on expenses). Umm, just remembered one, they bought us a cake, cause we didn't have any Xmas or new year celebration (Have you ever wondered why I'm miserable? dry.gif ). Edit there was also a cheap bottle of wine each, once, which I don't remember the reason for getting. But a colleague of mine said it was crap (I not only have a bad sense of smell, I also very rarely drink wine, so to me it just tasted a little weak)

B: Whatever I wanted out of the freezer warehouse that I worked for ("Here Mick, run this box over will ya") Now ice creams are one of the small luxuries I can do without.

--------------------
Please try to remember, when reading my posts, that I've probably not watched the same films & tv shows as you. I try not to watch music vids & I've also probably not even heard about them from other people. Man to woman "If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong!"/She's all lips & hips, she knows how to use them to make you flip//Liquor store & gun store, next to one another, with only one purpose, so you all kill each other,//Member of the pro cath association // Froggys' sugar-e-daddy//You can't spell politics without tics/[b]/Note to self: Infinite Diversity in Infinite Combinations = human stupidity.Dip me in chocolate and throw me to the females (not shemales).

+Quote Post
Daria
post Jul 20 2006, 08:33 AM
Post #9

Wait for the uprising

Member No.: 1,735

A: I have been given bunches of flowers, boxes of strawberries, bars of organic chocolate and sometimes a bonus on days that have been particularly horrible (when working in the cafe/ greengrocers)

B: Ben and Jerry's Core Sundae with Phishfood and Cherry Garcia. Mmmmmmm

*Ben and Jerry's fiend*

--------------------
We are unraveling our navels so that we may ingest the sun.

DARIA IZ GOOD ON TOAST

TOAST IZ GOOD ON DARIA

+Quote Post
Faerieryn
post Jul 20 2006, 07:58 PM
Post #10

Faeries don't bite we just nibble a bit!

Member No.: 535

1) Mine tend to do nice things only when they have to. I work in a school so early days etc are a bit rare. They do let me do cool things though like jump around in fluroescent orange for the day...

2)I have many favourites. An all time fave is cherry garcia. I love chocco cherry flavoured things. A new fave is B& J's 90% fat free chocolate fudge brownie frozen yogurt. Less guilt but just as tasty and my local ice cream van does CHERRY BRANDY and CIDER lollies!!!!!

--------------------
If life hands you a lemon make lemonade, lace it with cyanide and then pass it around. What can I say I'm a revenge type of gal!!! Ryn
Wearing a large shiny tag around neck "Uncullable Faerie"
Official S P A N G L E R and self proclaimed protector of Tribe Wyvern- OOh Sparkly!!
Proud leader of the Super Spangler Squad. Me and Stardust wil spangle your a$$!!

+Quote Post
voices_in_my_hea...
post Jul 20 2006, 10:12 PM
Post #11

If my woman were a fire...

Member No.: 1,473

A - I don't really have a boss. However, I do have parents, and I think that should count. They have done lots of nice things for me including feeding and clothing me, along with giving me a nice home to live in. Also, they love me, which is a pretty cool bonus.

B - Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough hands down. There's nothing better.

--------------------
Her dignity shone so bright like a light on a hill
and she burned for me, no other man came near her flame.
Bad country songs - the deafening twang of the rich white kid blues.
You can own the strange, but the lights and glares will not make you real.

+Quote Post
elphaba2
post Jul 20 2006, 11:27 PM
Post #12

Lord of the Keys

Member No.: 1,329

...are they over your shoulder or something?

/perturbs everyone with her cynicality

That is a very nice thing to say, VIMH. I think it is awesome that you are grateful to your parents.

--------------------
can I kiss your dopamine?
In a way I wonder if she's living in a magazine

+Quote Post
gothictheysay
post Jul 21 2006, 03:35 PM
Post #13

living in your basement, eating your candy hearts

Member No.: 959

A - Having recently started working, I can only say that so far my boss is extremely nice, and I suppose the best thing she's done is hired me on the spot instead of going through a second interview (which is what is normally done with each applicant).

B - As a matter of fact, yesterday and today I have been scooping ice cream as a volunteer to raise money for our local 4H. Now, I couldn't tell you my favorite flavor... cookie dough is very good, as is moose tracks. And one of our flavors was coffee ice cream with chocolate and Reese's bits in it.. mmmm...

--------------------
Being corrupted by candice since 2004
teal and orange is the way forward

+Quote Post
Phyllis
post Jul 21 2006, 09:00 PM
Post #14

Candbrush Threepwood

Member No.: 345

QUOTE (gothictheysay @ Jul 21 2006, 08:35 AM) *
A - Having recently started working, I can only say that so far my boss is extremely nice, and I suppose the best thing she's done is hired me on the spot instead of going through a second interview (which is what is normally done with each applicant).

Doesn't your dad work there in some way or another, though? I seem to remember something about that. Nepotism works wonders. wink.gif

No boss for me right now. The nicest thing I can think of a former boss doing for me was banning one of my most hated customers from the store for being a repeated pest.

My favorite flavor of ice cream is pretty much anything involving a swirl of caramel.

--------------------
I love you in a way that is mystical and eternal and illegal in 20 states.

+Quote Post
gothictheysay
post Jul 22 2006, 03:26 PM
Post #15

living in your basement, eating your candy hearts

Member No.: 959

Doesn't your dad work there in some way or another, though? I seem to remember something about that. Nepotism works wonders.

Well... yes... tongue.gif But she does seem like a nice person overall, so I don't think I'll have to complain about her.

Done with scooping ice cream... I need a few more days before I can look at it again!

--------------------
Being corrupted by candice since 2004
teal and orange is the way forward

+Quote Post
LoLo
post Jul 24 2006, 01:43 PM
Post #16

Kiefer > Jason

Member No.: 51

A - if we make a lot of money on a day when I'm in charge, my boss sometimes slips me some extra cash. We haven't been as busy lately so I can't say this has happened recently or will happen again any time soon.

B - Ben and Jerry's Dublin Mudslide.

--------------------

Being Pimped By Aries Since 2003

+Quote Post
Cath Sparrow
post Jul 24 2006, 04:27 PM
Post #17

I've been brainwashed

*me won't tell Lo's she's been eating her way through a tub of Dublin Mudslide for the last couple of days*

--------------------
How would you feel about life if Death was your older sister? You're only young once but you can stay immature indefinetly!!!!

+Quote Post
LoLo
post Jul 24 2006, 07:58 PM
Post #18

Kiefer > Jason

QUOTE (Cath @ Jul 24 2006, 09:27 AM) *
*me won't tell Lo's she's been eating her way through a tub of Dublin Mudslide for the last couple of days*

Lucky you......*contemplates stowing away on a plane, flying halfway across the world, and stealing Cath's ice cream* or I could just go to the store and buy some.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cath Sparrow
post Jul 24 2006, 11:49 PM
Post #19

I've been brainwashed

I'd go with the first option it'd be more fun biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Smiler
post Jul 26 2006, 12:35 PM
Post #20

Ooga Booga!! SMILE!

YAY more ice cream offered today biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cath Sparrow
post Jul 26 2006, 04:10 PM
Post #21

I've been brainwashed

Nice one Smiler!
I bought myself some more today cause I ran out of Dublin Mudslide. I now have Phish Food which I blame Ryn for she got me into that one.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mutilation
post Jul 26 2006, 09:32 PM
Post #22

Speed of Life

Member No.: 952

B: Mint and Chocolate Chip. It just does it for me.

+Quote Post
Smiler
post Jul 27 2006, 08:06 AM
Post #23

Ooga Booga!! SMILE!

^^ Mint choc good vvv Phish Food Better wink.gif biggrin.gif YUM

QUOTE (Cath @ Jul 26 2006, 05:10 PM) *
Nice one Smiler!
I bought myself some more today cause I ran out of Dublin Mudslide. I now have Phish Food which I blame Ryn for she got me into that one.

FaerieRyn has a lot to answer for wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
LoLo
post Jul 27 2006, 01:04 PM
Post #24

Kiefer > Jason

QUOTE (Cath @ Jul 24 2006, 04:49 PM) *

I'm a wuss and went for the second option of just going to the store. I'm boring!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cath Sparrow
post Jul 27 2006, 04:11 PM
Post #25

I've been brainwashed

QUOTE (LoLo @ Jul 27 2006, 02:04 PM) *
QUOTE (Cath @ Jul 24 2006, 04:49 PM) *

I'm a wuss and went for the second option of just going to the store. I'm boring!

Damn It! You know the first option was a better one! tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th October 2017 - 12:16 AM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!