IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules 

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> So I'm getting my tattoo...
PsychWardMike
post Jul 22 2006, 02:46 AM
Post #1

I'm attracted by the potential for reckless abuse of power.

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 1,105

Yep, I've finally decided. I'm getting my ear pierced and a tattoo before I go to college, and I've decided of what:

Pretty sweet, huh? I'm obviously not getting the space tattooed on me, and I'll probably have black lettering, but you get the point. Anyway, I was wondering if anyone had any tips, and information on the approximate costs of a tattoo and ear piercing, and just some general what not.

--------------------
I'm just a Viewtiful Girl living in a Viewtiful World.
Henshin a-go-go, baby.

I swear to God, the above post was not intended to incite flame wars or to offend you.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ashbless
post Jul 22 2006, 03:31 AM
Post #2

I could have written a short novel by this point

Member No.: 1,112

Your image isn't displaying there Mike.

I'm not inked so can't answer your questions, sorry. tongue.gif

--------------------
IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion, It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shaking, the shaking becomes a warning, It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. - SpeakertotheLost

+Quote Post
trunks_girl26
post Jul 22 2006, 02:21 PM
Post #3

o_O

Member No.: 1,229

Piercings cost only as much as the earing that's going in (at least most of the time).

Now, however tempting it may be to get the cheapest earing, I'd get a good-quality one, simply because you don't know how your body will react to it because you haven't had one before. You may be allergic to the cheaper metals they put in (namely nickel).

Also: don't be fooled by gold or silver 'plating,' for a starter earing, it may seem like it's the best of both worlds (fairly cheap and not full of cheap metals). However, because of the length of time needed to wear a starter earing (varying depending on where on your ear you have it done), the body will end up stripping away the plating and then get annoyed at the nickel underneath. I learned this the hard way >.<

--------------------
The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love, and be loved in return -Moulin Rouge
"Religion is a finger pointing ot the moon, but some people confuse the finger with the moon."
Truth is subjectivity - Kierkegaard
"I don't know anything; I never knew anything, but now I know I don't know"
"The important thing isn't to know Jesus, Mohamed or Buddah, but to know what they know"

+Quote Post
Greeneyes
post Jul 22 2006, 11:11 PM
Post #4

The Key of Joy is disobedience.

Member No.: 1,102

Interesting choice. Very...original. It's this if you can't see it Ashbless.

--------------------
Waiting for a superhero intervention

+Quote Post
Ashbless
post Jul 23 2006, 12:48 AM
Post #5

I could have written a short novel by this point

Member No.: 1,112

The image of Calvin, the image of the guy holding his back in pain or the MacMonkeys logo?

--------------------
IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion, It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shaking, the shaking becomes a warning, It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. - SpeakertotheLost

+Quote Post
EvilSpork
post Jul 23 2006, 03:04 AM
Post #6

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaang

Member No.: 829

You'll have to copy and paste...

http://www.macmonkies.com/Fun/DontPanic_1024.jpg

Anyway, I think it's a bizarre tattoo choice, but that's the fun part! It's unique.

Good luck with that.

+Quote Post
pgrmdave
post Jul 23 2006, 06:12 AM
Post #7

^random image of the day

Member No.: 1,604

Get the tattoo somewhere that you won't be embarrassed about when your thirty and in a career.

--------------------

+Quote Post
PsychWardMike
post Jul 23 2006, 06:53 AM
Post #8

I'm attracted by the potential for reckless abuse of power.

Member No.: 1,105

Was Greeneyes being sarcastic?

Anyway, I'm getting it on my upper left bicep. It was originally going to be this:

(same place, and only the Z?) and I might eventually get that as well, but for now, just Hitchhiker.

--------------------
I'm just a Viewtiful Girl living in a Viewtiful World.
Henshin a-go-go, baby.

I swear to God, the above post was not intended to incite flame wars or to offend you.

+Quote Post
Greeneyes
post Jul 23 2006, 02:20 PM
Post #9

The Key of Joy is disobedience.

Member No.: 1,102

Nope, I just type how I talk. Also I am not very good at expressing my opinion. Just to clarify: I think it's interesting and original tongue.gif.

--------------------
Waiting for a superhero intervention

+Quote Post
Mata
post Jul 23 2006, 05:34 PM
Post #10

'Trouble Down Pit' now online!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

In the UK, a 'normal' ear piercing is pretty cheap, usually around 5 I think (US $9ish). Piercings in places other than the usual earlobe tend to cost more.

My ones cost about 40 to get them done together:

They would have cost more individually, and I got a discount because the piercer was so relieved to be doing something other than belly-buttons! They are in a more tricky spot to pierce, because it has to go through cartiledge, as many of the more interesting ear piercings do, so they cost more than an earlobe one.

My tip would be to get the peircing done by hand, even though this will probably cost more. The trauma to the body tissue is massively reduced, which speeds the healing process greatly. Never get piercings done with guns; the blunt trauma of the impact is huge and very damaging for the ear, and the process only survives because it's cheap and requires next-to-no skill to be able to do.

--------------------
Trouble Down Pit: Still updated every Monday and Friday
The Matazone Games blog
The Matazone Shop The Matazone Blog
The Matazone Corset Shop: Snobz corsets at 10% off their recommended price!

+Quote Post
Cath Sparrow
post Jul 23 2006, 07:44 PM
Post #11

I've been brainwashed

Member No.: 526

Damn I wish I new that 10 years ago I still cant change my peircing at the top of my ear. It doesn't bother me most the time but if I get stress or it gets knocked it goes all oozy and infected.

--------------------
How would you feel about life if Death was your older sister? You're only young once but you can stay immature indefinetly!!!!

+Quote Post
LoLo
post Jul 24 2006, 01:35 PM
Post #12

Kiefer > Jason

Member No.: 51

QUOTE (Mata @ Jul 23 2006, 10:34 AM) *
Never get piercings done with guns; the blunt trauma of the impact is huge and very damaging for the ear, and the process only survives because it's cheap and requires next-to-no skill to be able to do.

And amazingly a lot of places (at least in the U.S.) still use plastic guns which can't be properly sterilized and can pass on many scary things.

--------------------

Being Pimped By Aries Since 2003

+Quote Post
Cookieflair
post Jul 24 2006, 07:58 PM
Post #13

Oxymoronic Tonic

Member No.: 2,438

Bizzare choice for a tattoo but i like the individuality that goes with it.

For ear piercing definitely get surgical steel earings, and as mata said needles are much better than guns.As for the price it varies from place to place, i'd shop around.

Ooh post piccies!

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Pixelgoth
post Jul 28 2006, 12:16 PM
Post #14

Flaps and spins on the spot

Member No.: 390

You know me...always happy to offer tattoo related advice...or any advice for that matter. Just can't guarantee the usefulness of it laugh.gif

pgrmdave said "Get the tattoo somewhere that you won't be embarrassed about when your thirty and in a career."

I wouldn't worry to much about having a tattoo at any age. I'm already 30 and I'm not at all worried about what little children will think! If their parents are narrowminded enough to consider people with tattoos are nasty and teach their children that then that's their problem not mine. They are special to me and when I'm old and haggered I'll still be very proud of them! Having said that I wouldn't advocate anyone just getting one for the sake of it. It's a very special permanent thing that should be thought about long and hard smile.gif My boyfriend's Dad has recently had a tattoo done and it was his 70th birthday last Friday!!

--------------------
Hope confidentally, do valiantly, wait patiently!
Rather light a candle than complain about the dark!
Enjoy what you have and hope for what you lack
Thoughts become things, choose the good ones[/center]
[center]Carpe diem

+Quote Post
Kitty
post Jul 28 2006, 04:22 PM
Post #15

Professionally Unprofessional

Member No.: 580

My dad has always been against tatoos. We'll sit there and watch Miami Ink on tv and he has this disgruntled look on his face the whole time and sometimes he'll burst out in something like "THAT'S SO STUPID!"

Though sometimes people really do get stupid tatoos, I hate the fact that he's not open minded enough to think that people can do what they want with their bodies and he doesnt have to yell at them about it every time.

I'm not against tatoos but I think there are some places you shouldnt get them, like right on the part of your shoulder that is _ALWAYS_ covered by the strap of your tanktop when you decide to show it off (that bugs me) And right above your bottom so that no matter how low-rise your pants are half of the tatoo will always be hidden. I think if you're going to get a tatoo you should be able to show it off easially or cover it up easially.

--------------------
Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things that escape those who dream by night

+Quote Post
Cookieflair
post Jul 29 2006, 05:06 PM
Post #16

Oxymoronic Tonic

I disagree about the small of the back tatoo thing i think it can look v nice there.
I am going to get one on the back of my neck someday.

I an very lucky with my mum she is like a parent yet not.. not like a friend either. We have this huge respect for one another. When i got my eyebrow pierced she said 'cool i cant wait to see it'.
Now she and my uncle want tattoos of thier own! Its as if i have broken the ice on body art.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
{Gothic Angel}
post Jul 29 2006, 07:16 PM
Post #17

My direction

Member No.: 495

Small of back tatoos do look nice, but they seem to portray a certain image around here now which I wouldn't necissarily want to be associated with. All the "chav/townie/'slutty'" girls in my locality seem to have them - it's become almost like a rite of passage - once you turn 18 you *have* to have a tatoo, and if you're female it *has* to be on the small of your back. I would want something permenantly inked on my skin to have a bit more meaning than that.

I have pierced earlobes, just the once although I fully intend to increase this number when funds and not-living-with-parents permit. Mine cost 12 for both ears, with sterling silver studs and a certified (as in "qualified", though she is certifiable >.>) piercer.

Also - I have three friends with tatoos inspired by things I drew on them laugh.gif

--------------------
Once opened consume within three days. Above post is not suitable for home freezing. Store in a cool, dry area.

+Quote Post
Cookieflair
post Jul 31 2006, 10:12 AM
Post #18

Oxymoronic Tonic

QUOTE ({Gothic Angel} @ Jul 29 2006, 08:16 PM) *
Small of back tatoos do look nice, but they seem to portray a certain image around here now which I wouldn't necissarily want to be associated with. All the "chav/townie/'slutty'" girls in my locality seem to have them - it's become almost like a rite of passage - once you turn 18 you *have* to have a tatoo, and if you're female it *has* to be on the small of your back. I would want something permenantly inked on my skin to have a bit more meaning than that.

I know its so true!

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
{Gothic Angel}
post Aug 4 2006, 08:23 AM
Post #19

My direction

Member No.: 495

I am going to get one on the back of my neck someday.

That's a neat idea. My old hairdresser had a star on the vertebra which sticks out on the back of your neck. She said it hurt like *expletive deleted*, but looked really cool.

--------------------
Once opened consume within three days. Above post is not suitable for home freezing. Store in a cool, dry area.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd October 2017 - 12:12 PM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!