IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules 

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> BareNaked Ladies Listening Party - Ticket up for grabs, No not those type of Ladies- Blokes from Canada who sing
Smiler
post Aug 1 2006, 04:36 PM
Post #1

Ooga Booga!! SMILE!

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,379

Sisters can be, and indeed are in many a case a pain in the tooshy. Yes I used the word tooshy, thatís how addled my brain is wink.gif

Anyway, Iíve been invited to a listening party for the new BareNaked Ladies album ďBarenaked Ladies Are MeĒ on Saturday 12th August 1-5 in Central London and my sis has let me down, leaving myself and FaerieRyn going with a spare guest place.

Anyone want in, I have a spare ticket?

I know this is in direct competition with the Clown Camp so I'm pretty doubtful of an overwhelming response, but maybe thereís another in here thatís not intending to clown around on the 12th and also likes BNL. Actually, are there any others in here that like them??? wink.gif ph34r.gif

I donít really know whats fully happening but what limited general consensus I've found is that itís a party where you listen to the new album by BareNaked Ladies in a smallish London club.
I've been able to find so little out but Iím even more doubtful that the band will be there than I am that thereís another UK based Matazonian who likes BNL but there ya go.

The offers there, 1 ticket up for grabs biggrin.gif Anyone up for it?

--------------------
Presently defacto leader of the scuttler nation; conform, consume, o'smile for snaffie's sake --> A smile a day keeps th...Ah sod it...just SMILE!!!Some weird dragon lady gave me a cookie and said if I got in the van she'd adopt me. I ignored mummy and went with Wyvern & lookee here, I now have my own adoptee to cause chaos: Stardust_Smile...Official barman to Tribe Wyvern COME VISIT but beware the Monkey Overlords, they plan the demise of the hairless ones. Your house is at risk. Always read the label.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Spacehappy
post Aug 21 2006, 10:13 PM
Post #2

Matazone acolyte

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 183

Why did i not see this sooner ....why...dear god why!!!.

Smiler was it any good? I love there stuff always cheers me up when i listen to their music.

+Quote Post
Smiler
post Aug 22 2006, 12:18 PM
Post #3

Ooga Booga!! SMILE!

Nice one! I'm not alone

I dragged FaerieRyn along but noboday else took up the offer.

It was awsome. A really nice afternoon. None of the band could make it although Tyler was going to try. We listened to all of the tracks plus some bonus tracks that are coming out over the next few months on the "BarenakedLadies Are Me" & "BarenakedLadies are Men" releases and got given a live recording press release album of a concert in Toronto earlier this year where they did all the new songs accoustically. Really nice album.

There was a quiz set by the band that Faerieryn trully sucked at (deliberately I might add- there was a prize going for the silliest answers) and it was basically an great excuse to chill in a cool bar with a beer with BNL tracks blaring - That doesnt happen everyday!

A shame you missed out, but they're going to be touring later in the year (October I think they said they were plannign for)

Anyone wanna hook up when tickets are out? I think it'll be Sheppards Bush Empire for London but I dont know about any others yet.

--------------------
Presently defacto leader of the scuttler nation; conform, consume, o'smile for snaffie's sake --> A smile a day keeps th...Ah sod it...just SMILE!!!Some weird dragon lady gave me a cookie and said if I got in the van she'd adopt me. I ignored mummy and went with Wyvern & lookee here, I now have my own adoptee to cause chaos: Stardust_Smile...Official barman to Tribe Wyvern COME VISIT but beware the Monkey Overlords, they plan the demise of the hairless ones. Your house is at risk. Always read the label.

+Quote Post
Spacehappy
post Feb 15 2007, 04:32 AM
Post #4

Matazone acolyte

Time to revive an old thread ...even if only two of us posted in it.

Smiler they are definatly touring http://www.bnlmusic.com/tour/

Got my tickets to go see them on April 4th at the Carling Academy Bristol. New album rocks too.

Can't wait to see them live, just hope they live up to my expectations (hehe what am i saying they will).

+Quote Post
Ashbless
post Feb 15 2007, 02:03 PM
Post #5

I could have written a short novel by this point

Member No.: 1,112

Apparently they are excellent live.

*also a BNL fan*

--------------------
IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion, It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shaking, the shaking becomes a warning, It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. - SpeakertotheLost

+Quote Post
Smiler
post Feb 15 2007, 03:25 PM
Post #6

Ooga Booga!! SMILE!

YAY! Wonderful thread this, shows I'm not a lonely loon.

BNL are amazing live, very funny and love to interact with the fans, more than most bands I've seen.

I've got tickets for the Hammersmith gig on March 30th. Space you'll have to let me know the set, I know they won't disappoint.

--------------------

+Quote Post
PsychWardMike
post Feb 24 2007, 04:26 AM
Post #7

I'm attracted by the potential for reckless abuse of power.

Member No.: 1,105

Are we talking about how much we like BNL? Because I totally do. They are mah favorite band.

--------------------
I'm just a Viewtiful Girl living in a Viewtiful World.
Henshin a-go-go, baby.

I swear to God, the above post was not intended to incite flame wars or to offend you.

+Quote Post
all_da_haywire_n...
post Mar 20 2007, 05:51 PM
Post #8

Member No.: 3,097

Ya, the Barenaked Ladies are really good. Me, being from Canada, have practically grown up hearing their music all over. They are cool. Never saw them live, but I wouldn't mind. I hear they are friends with the actor Jason Priestley too...LOL! blink.gif

--------------------
I cOuLd ReaLLy GiVe A fLyInG f*cK aBoUt HeAt, HoT, tHiS, nOt.

+Quote Post
Smiler
post Apr 1 2007, 02:00 PM
Post #9

Ooga Booga!! SMILE!

saw them in concert on friday night. Tres tres tres cool.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sir Psycho Sexy
post Apr 1 2007, 02:57 PM
Post #10

Technically a giant, intellectual midget.

Member No.: 197

Were they....naked?

--------------------
He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

+Quote Post
Daria
post Apr 2 2007, 10:34 AM
Post #11

Wait for the uprising

Member No.: 1,735

"Please forgive me for I have sinned. I slept with another woman"

"Was she.. nekked?"

/awful awful Spam.

--------------------
We are unraveling our navels so that we may ingest the sun.

DARIA IZ GOOD ON TOAST

TOAST IZ GOOD ON DARIA

+Quote Post
Spacehappy
post Apr 3 2007, 08:15 AM
Post #12

Matazone acolyte

Smiler what set did they do?

Seeing them tomorrow night, really looking forward to it.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th October 2017 - 05:48 AM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!