Reply to this topicStart new topic
> If anyone knows Feyliya or Laramon, could you call or help
Witless
post Aug 13 2006, 10:12 PM
Post #1

happy.. sad.. happy

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 1,536

Basically Laramon (Feyliya's guy) just told a mutual friend of mine that he just took an overdose of alcohol and pills, I don't have anyway of contacting either of them, so if anyone could maybe call, go over there, or whatever, please do so, asap.

Thanks

--------------------
"I'm an introvert, I think you're wonderful and I like you, but please now shush"
"Science is just organised common sense"
"All generalizations are dangerous, even this one."
"You are unique, just like everybody else."
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Calantyr
post Aug 13 2006, 10:14 PM
Post #2

Perfection Personified

Member No.: 1,548

QUOTE (Witless @ Aug 13 2006, 11:12 PM) *
Basically Laramon (Feyliya's guy) just told a mutual friend of mine that he just took an overdose of alcohol and pills, I don't have anyway of contacting either of them, so if anyone could maybe call, go over there, or whatever, please do so, asap.

Thanks

They live in the Seattle area of the US. If anyone has any emergency service contact numbers it would be *greatly* appreciated.

--------------------
"Too often Fate,
By all abhorred,
To savage poison,
Adds the sword"
- Boethius, The Concillations of Philosophy

+Quote Post
froggle-rock
post Aug 13 2006, 10:30 PM
Post #3

omno-ahhhhhhh!

Member No.: 1,174

Fuck.

I'm not sure either of them know anyone off the boards IRL, or have a landline number.

--------------------
A society that takes itself too seriously risks bottling up its tensions and treating every example of irreverence as a threat to its existence. Humour is one of the great solvents of democracy. It permits the ambiguities and contradictions of public life to be articulated in non-violent forms. It promotes diversity. It enables a multitude of discontents to be expressed in a myriad of spontaneous ways. It is an elixir of constitutional health. J. Sachs in Laugh It Off Promotions CC v SAB International (Finance) BV t/a SabMark International (Freedom of Expression Institute as Amicus Curiae) 2006 (1) SA 144 (CC)

+Quote Post
Calantyr
post Aug 13 2006, 10:35 PM
Post #4

Perfection Personified

OK, we managed to pull This hospital from the 'net and phoned them, they seemed close by. They said they were calling 911 and dispatching an ambulance to his address.

No idea what else we can do now. I hope they get there in time.

--------------------
"Too often Fate,
By all abhorred,
To savage poison,
Adds the sword"

+Quote Post
Mata
post Aug 14 2006, 09:42 AM
Post #5

'Trouble Down Pit' now online!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

I've only just seen this: has there been any update yet?

--------------------
Trouble Down Pit: Still updated every Monday and Friday
The Matazone Games blog
The Matazone Shop The Matazone Blog
The Matazone Corset Shop: Snobz corsets at 10% off their recommended price!

+Quote Post
Cath Sparrow
post Aug 14 2006, 12:12 PM
Post #6

I've been brainwashed

Member No.: 526

Yes please keep us updated if you can.

--------------------
How would you feel about life if Death was your older sister? You're only young once but you can stay immature indefinetly!!!!

+Quote Post
Witless
post Aug 14 2006, 12:53 PM
Post #7

happy.. sad.. happy

Ok, basically my friend had his address, and thanks to Vic in IRC we also managed to get ahold of his phone number.

We called the international emergency services and sent them around. Early morning (uk time). Laramon came online declaring that the police had recently kicked down his door, and also that he was 'annoyed' and that we shouldn't have called anyone. *shrugs*

Not sure what to make of anything but meh.. I'm feeling the idiot all the same.

--------------------
"I'm an introvert, I think you're wonderful and I like you, but please now shush"

+Quote Post
Smiler
post Aug 14 2006, 12:58 PM
Post #8

Ooga Booga!! SMILE!

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,379

I wouldn't feel too bad, you acted under concern for a friend. If the police went in heavy handed you're not too blame. I recon you did the right thing man.

--------------------
Presently defacto leader of the scuttler nation; conform, consume, o'smile for snaffie's sake --> A smile a day keeps th...Ah sod it...just SMILE!!!Some weird dragon lady gave me a cookie and said if I got in the van she'd adopt me. I ignored mummy and went with Wyvern & lookee here, I now have my own adoptee to cause chaos: Stardust_Smile...Official barman to Tribe Wyvern COME VISIT but beware the Monkey Overlords, they plan the demise of the hairless ones. Your house is at risk. Always read the label.

+Quote Post
Kitty
post Aug 14 2006, 01:57 PM
Post #9

Professionally Unprofessional

Member No.: 580

All I can say is, atleast you're trying to look out for your friends, if they dont appreciate it then oh well. Better safe than sorry, eh?

--------------------
Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things that escape those who dream by night

+Quote Post
Mata
post Aug 14 2006, 03:57 PM
Post #10

You did the right thing.

People in states of mind where they want to do things that will potentially kill them are prone to expressing anger at those that stop them. Even if he doesn't come around soon, then in a few years he'll understand why you did it.

--------------------
The Matazone Games blog

+Quote Post
Ashbless
post Aug 14 2006, 10:12 PM
Post #11

I could have written a short novel by this point

Member No.: 1,112

I just want to express a wish that things in general are good / be will good with Laramon and Feylilya. I value seeing her contributions on the board. I always like reading what she has to say.

I was happy to see friends try to help a friend who looked to be in pain.

--------------------
IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion, It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shaking, the shaking becomes a warning, It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. - SpeakertotheLost

+Quote Post
Calantyr
post Aug 15 2006, 11:04 PM
Post #12

Perfection Personified

Okay, an update but not too many details.

My brother has been in contact with Fey's mum and apparently Laramon *did* try something. He's being looked after in hospital for the time being, but he should be alright.

Here's hoping he gets out and back on his feet soon.

--------------------
"Too often Fate,
By all abhorred,
To savage poison,
Adds the sword"

+Quote Post
Mata
post Aug 16 2006, 09:52 AM
Post #13

I got a message just as I was leaving today to say that he's going to be okay, and to pass on thanks to all those involved in getting him help. I'll give more info when I've got back home and had time to fully read the email.

Best wishes to Laramon for a swift recovery, and to him and Fey for the strength to overcome any difficulties that life may put in their way.

EDIT:

Right, here's the message from Fey's aunt. Fey is busy hanging out at the hospital, but she wants to make sure that Laz (Laz-monster on these forums) knows that Randy (Laramon) is OK, and to thank him for making the call. Randy will be participating in an in-patient program at the hospital for another month, so he should be able to get the help he needs. Fey's aunt is taking care of her, so things as under control as they can be in the circumstances. I'll PM Laz to let him know.

--------------------
The Matazone Games blog

+Quote Post
vicrawr
post Aug 16 2006, 10:13 PM
Post #14

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 374

QUOTE (Witless @ Aug 14 2006, 08:53 AM) *
Ok, basically my friend had his address, and thanks to Vic in IRC we also managed to get ahold of his phone number.

We called the international emergency services and sent them around. Early morning (uk time). Laramon came online declaring that the police had recently kicked down his door, and also that he was 'annoyed' and that we shouldn't have called anyone. *shrugs*

Not sure what to make of anything but meh.. I'm feeling the idiot all the same.

I believe that you did do the right thing, and you're a good man, Charl--er, Witless. I'm just glad I was able to help.

+Quote Post
{Gothic Angel}
post Aug 17 2006, 07:47 AM
Post #15

My direction

Member No.: 495

Eep sad.gif Hope things turn out ok for both of them. Is Fey ok?

--------------------
Once opened consume within three days. Above post is not suitable for home freezing. Store in a cool, dry area.

+Quote Post
Mata
post Aug 17 2006, 12:22 PM
Post #16

Her mother and aunt are looking after her, and Laramon's getting treatment too, so things are going as well as they can be.

--------------------
The Matazone Games blog

+Quote Post
Feyliya
post Aug 17 2006, 08:19 PM
Post #17

It's not junk in the trunk, it's precious cargo.

Member No.: 380

Sunday night while I was passed out with the flu, Randy got very, very depressed and drank a ton of alcohol and took a large overdose of Benadryl. Then the police and fire department came over. Randy didn't answer the door and I was knocked flat out and didn't answer, either, so they broke right in. They talked to Randy for a while, and talked to me, and both they and I thought that Randy was just drunk, so the medics left. About 8 minutes later, Randy started acting very funny. I talked to him and finally got him to admit that he'd taken something, though he wouldn't tell me what. I called the paramedics back and got them to come out again. They took him away and hooked him up to a ton of IVs to flush out his system.

Right now Randy's in the hospital. Apparently it's the best hospital in the country for attempted suicide patients, so he's in good hands. He's voluntarily signed himself into an in-patient treatment program at the hospital. He'll go into out-patient treatment when he's done with that. He's cooperating and feeling very, very guilty about what happened. The doctors have him on antidepressants and going to therapy and he's making good progress. With any hope he'll be in out-patient treatment in a week or two. I just want him well and home, and I want it in that order.

As for me, I'm staying with my aunt until the apartment complex fixes my door. The fire department broke both the deadbolt and the door handle when they came in, so it can't be secured properly. My uncle attached something to the outside of the door so I can padlock the apartment while I'm gone, but I can't lock it from the inside so I can't stay. Apparently the door is very expensive and a custom job. The carpenter is working on it now, but he has to buy the door, cut it to the right size, cut all the proper holes in it, paint it, prime it, order and pick up the (expensive) deadbolt and doorknob, attach them, and hang the door itself. With luck it will be done tomorrow, but I'm not holding my breath. Bye bye security deposit (and probably even more than that because the door really is very expensive).

Right now I'm working on paying the (late) rent. Thank goodness for my grandparents. They're paying it off immediately with the only stipulation being that I get a job this week. I'm working on that today and as soon as I finish this post I will be changing into some good clothes and heading out to drop off resumes and applications. It looks like the hospital bill will be taken care of by the state since we don't have insurance and are pretty broke. If not, gods know what I'm going to do because I don't want to borrow from my grandparents forever. Hopefully Randy's medication will get covered once he's out of treatment. Antidepressants aren't cheap.

I don't really know how I feel right now. I'm still a bit in shock over everything, though I'm better now than I was Monday. (Monday morning I was so bad that I flooded my aunt's bathroom because I didn't realize that the shower curtain wasn't inside the shower). I've been so busy dealing with crises that I haven't really had time to let it all sink in. I was hyperventilating when I called the paramedics and my mother, but I haven't had any hysterics since. I suspect that I have a breakdown or two due me in the next couple of weeks. I'm trying to save them for when I'm at home because I really hate crying and I want to be alone.

The hospital is just a few blocks from where Randy and I live, so I can walk to see him once I'm back in the apartment. There's a free shuttle between my aunt's workplace and the hospital as well, so I've been riding with her to work then taking that to visit.

Updates will be sporadic, but I'll do the best I can. My aunt only has dial-up and I'm trying to not tie up her phone too much. And I can't spend much time on the net here because I've got people calling to schedule interviews (or at least I hope I will soon).

Hugs to all you guys.

--------------------
Irish is my special e-stalker. I leave the blinds open for him. :P // I'm the designated keeper of sobreity. Jell-o Shooters anyone? // I will always have fond memories of Leo's big banana and Cheese's sexy penguin. // I am the all powerful Ish Witch! ::insert evil cackle here:: // ALL HAIL PURSTHULHU!
@_@ You will not write secret messages. You will not write secret messages... @_@

+Quote Post
Witless
post Aug 17 2006, 08:27 PM
Post #18

happy.. sad.. happy

I was a bit concerned me and James did the wrong thing when he came online after the emergency services had turned up and Laramon came online to say we shouldn't have done that.

Glad James did now.

Hope things improve for you too!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phyllis
post Aug 17 2006, 08:30 PM
Post #19

Candbrush Threepwood

Member No.: 345

QUOTE (Feyliya @ Aug 17 2006, 01:19 PM) *
It looks like the hospital bill will be taken care of by the state since we don't have insurance and are pretty broke. If not, gods know what I'm going to do because I don't want to borrow from my grandparents forever. Hopefully Randy's medication will get covered once he's out of treatment. Antidepressants aren't cheap.

Ask the hospital billing department for an application for financial aid as soon as possible. If you get onto a state-run insurance plan (don't know what Washington's is called...here it's the Oregon Health Plan) they'll probably cover at least a portion of his medication so that it's more affordable to you guys, but it may take up to 6 months before they start coverage for pre-existing conditions (they do in Oregon, anyway).

*hugs*....I'm glad he's okay and that everything is getting sorted out.

--------------------
I love you in a way that is mystical and eternal and illegal in 20 states.

+Quote Post
elphaba2
post Aug 17 2006, 09:01 PM
Post #20

Lord of the Keys

Member No.: 1,329

Fey--my wishes for the best to you two. I'm glad things are working out (albeit slowly and with great expense). It's strange to me that you're to cover the cost of the busted door, since you're not at fault. It's been my understanding that police are taught to break doors in the most efficient and least damaging way possible--there's a real technique to it. Though I suppose there's not much one can do without having to pay even more.

I hope things get better. We all want to see you guys happy and stable.

--------------------
can I kiss your dopamine?
In a way I wonder if she's living in a magazine

+Quote Post
Laramon
post Aug 18 2006, 03:40 AM
Post #21

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,360

Huzzah, I appeared.

I am enrolled in the Psych Ward at Harborview Hospital in Seattle Washington. I am on medications and attending groups that are giving me skills to make it out in the real world.

Before I go much further, I want to appologize to everyone who I insulted while I was drunk and suicidal. You made it so that Fey was awake when I was in my death throws. If you hadn't called the police and woken her up, I would have died in my sleep wrapped in her arms and I wouldn't have gotten help.

Let me make one thing perfecly clear: if I had known about programs like this, I wouldn't have gotten close to this point. Instead, I would have enrolled and gotten better. I've wanted to live all along, but never found the strength or support to get over my own obstacles.

I assure you all that I'm getting better, and will keep you posted. Feyliya has been visiting me daily. As she shows me how she's getting better herself, it gives me the hope that I have been lacking most of my life, and it feels good. I'm not generally a positive person, but from the looks of things, I'll have reason to be more positive.

The future has yet to be seen...

--------------------
Trapped inside a little box with Feyliya's name on it. Send relief supplies and donations.

+Quote Post
froggle-rock
post Aug 18 2006, 08:19 AM
Post #22

omno-ahhhhhhh!

Member No.: 1,174

/me hugs

--------------------
A society that takes itself too seriously risks bottling up its tensions and treating every example of irreverence as a threat to its existence. Humour is one of the great solvents of democracy. It permits the ambiguities and contradictions of public life to be articulated in non-violent forms. It promotes diversity. It enables a multitude of discontents to be expressed in a myriad of spontaneous ways. It is an elixir of constitutional health. J. Sachs in Laugh It Off Promotions CC v SAB International (Finance) BV t/a SabMark International (Freedom of Expression Institute as Amicus Curiae) 2006 (1) SA 144 (CC)

+Quote Post
Calantyr
post Aug 18 2006, 12:29 PM
Post #23

Perfection Personified

My best wishes to you both. Get well soon, k?

*Offers manly hugs*

--------------------
"Too often Fate,
By all abhorred,
To savage poison,
Adds the sword"

+Quote Post
Mata
post Aug 19 2006, 05:36 PM
Post #24

This has clearly been a rough time, but I sincerely hope that something good is going to come from this. You've got a second chance that not everyone gets. Do everything with it, and love life.

*joins in the hugging*

--------------------
The Matazone Games blog

+Quote Post
Laramon
post Aug 19 2006, 05:36 PM
Post #25

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,360

Here's the news:

They are considering releasing me by Wednesday. I personally am worried that it's not enough time, but they are confident. Surprisingly, I have an appointment with my psychologist the following day, so there will be no delays in my treatment.

Feyliya has managed to stop in every day to see me, and it helps that extra bit. Just wish this new medication didn't make me sleepy until 1pm though...

--------------------
Trapped inside a little box with Feyliya's name on it. Send relief supplies and donations.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th October 2017 - 02:21 PM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!