post Aug 21 2006, 03:21 PM
Post #1

'Trouble Down Pit' now online!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Right, time to get organised people.

Here are some places to stay that are fairly cheap and fairly central:

http://www.matazone.co.uk/forums/index.php...opic=6691&st=25

Bear in mind I put together those links three years ago so they won't all work, but it should be a good starting point. Equally, Forever Unknown has also said:
My grandparents own a small B&B on Stockbridge Road, which is just the road just behind the train station. It's certainly nothing glamourous, but I think the most they'll charge is something like 30 a night.

That's a nice and central location, a decent price, and we may well end up drinking near there so it would be a convenient staggering distance too. FU, is there a phone number for their B&B?

There have been a few people dropping out lately, so let's try and work out exactly who is coming along.

Here's a blank version of the usual details:

1 My username is [...], and when meeting people I prefer to be called [...].

2 Have you got your accomodation arranged yet? Yes/No.

3 I will be arriving Friday/Saturday at [...]

4 I will/won't be joining you for lunch on Sunday.

5 I am [age].

6 I am the [...] person to say they're definitely coming so far.

Here's my lot:

1 My username is Mata, and when meeting people I prefer to be called Mata.

2 Have you got your accomodation arranged yet? Yes.

3 I will be arriving whenever!

4 I will be joining you for lunch on Sunday.

5 I am certainly old enough to know better, and definitely legally old enough to drink.

6 I am the 1st person to say they're definitely coming so far.

The current plan is to have lunch then a wander around on Saturday afternoon, then find a pub for the evening. Not exactly revolutionary, I know, but easy enough. Which pub really depends on the weather, so I'll sort that out sometime next week. Equally, if it's nice weather then we can arrange for some form of picnic. The Cathedral no longer permits drinking in the grounds, so we'll go to a park near the station if it's nice and do some juggly things for the afternoon. Again, we'll have to check on the weather before that's set in stone.

Obviously, the sooner you can answer, the better idea we can all have of what's going on and what needs to be organised.

--------------------
Trouble Down Pit: Still updated every Monday and Friday
The Matazone Games blog
The Matazone Shop The Matazone Blog
The Matazone Corset Shop: Snobz corsets at 10% off their recommended price!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
froggle-rock
post Aug 21 2006, 05:29 PM
Post #2

omno-ahhhhhhh!

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 1,174

Arriving in Winchester: 02/09/06 13:15 Arrive Winchester, St. Catherine's Park & Ride
Staying: Mata's garden
Departing Winchester: 03/09/06 17:10 Depart Winchester, St. Catherine's Park & Ride

1 My username is funked)out_frog, and when meeting people I prefer to be called Froggy

2 Have you got your accomodation arranged yet? Yes

3 I will be arriving Saturday, 13:15 at Winchester, St. Catherine's Park & Ride

4 I willbe joining you for lunch on Sunday.

5 I am 23.

6 I am the 2nd person to say they're definitely coming so far.

--------------------
A society that takes itself too seriously risks bottling up its tensions and treating every example of irreverence as a threat to its existence. Humour is one of the great solvents of democracy. It permits the ambiguities and contradictions of public life to be articulated in non-violent forms. It promotes diversity. It enables a multitude of discontents to be expressed in a myriad of spontaneous ways. It is an elixir of constitutional health. J. Sachs in Laugh It Off Promotions CC v SAB International (Finance) BV t/a SabMark International (Freedom of Expression Institute as Amicus Curiae) 2006 (1) SA 144 (CC)

+Quote Post
Witless
post Aug 21 2006, 05:40 PM
Post #3

happy.. sad.. happy

Member No.: 1,536

1 My username is Witless, and when meeting people I prefer to be called Dave, BigDave, Witty, or Witless are all good.

2 Have you got your accomodation arranged yet? Nope, not yet, I have been lax with sorting it out.. hmm.. anyone want to share accomadation prices with a stranger? (please!)

3 I will be arriving Friday/Saturday: Saturday.. 13:05pm at winchester train station (can change that if it's easier)

4 I will/won't be joining you for lunch on Sunday: Yup

5 I am 23.

6 I am the 3rd person to say they're definitely coming so far. (in this thread anyway).

--------------------
"I'm an introvert, I think you're wonderful and I like you, but please now shush"
"Science is just organised common sense"
"All generalizations are dangerous, even this one."
"You are unique, just like everybody else."

+Quote Post
Mata
post Aug 25 2006, 02:36 PM
Post #4

If I don't get more people interested then I'm going to call this one off. So...

If you are interested, and would come along if more people were coming, please indicate this below.

--------------------
The Matazone Games blog

+Quote Post
Calantyr
post Aug 25 2006, 03:25 PM
Post #5

Perfection Personified

Member No.: 1,548

1 Calantyr, though no one calls me that in person (I wonder why). Cal, David, or Dave are all good.

2 Not yet, planning is deffinitely not one of my strongest skills.

3 Armound middayish at the train station, probably saturday.

4 Indeed! I want all teh fud.

5 Just hit 23. I feel old. sad.gif

6 I am the fourth person to say they are coming, though it is not definite at the moment. I have to see how far my pennies will stretch.

--------------------
"Too often Fate,
By all abhorred,
To savage poison,
Adds the sword"
- Boethius, The Concillations of Philosophy

+Quote Post
Mata
post Aug 29 2006, 06:59 AM
Post #6

Unless we get a few more people saying that they are interested in coming along in the next 48 hours then I think we can consider this meet to not be happening. Boo!

--------------------
The Matazone Games blog

+Quote Post
froggle-rock
post Aug 29 2006, 07:07 AM
Post #7

omno-ahhhhhhh!

*sniff*

--------------------
A society that takes itself too seriously risks bottling up its tensions and treating every example of irreverence as a threat to its existence. Humour is one of the great solvents of democracy. It permits the ambiguities and contradictions of public life to be articulated in non-violent forms. It promotes diversity. It enables a multitude of discontents to be expressed in a myriad of spontaneous ways. It is an elixir of constitutional health. J. Sachs in Laugh It Off Promotions CC v SAB International (Finance) BV t/a SabMark International (Freedom of Expression Institute as Amicus Curiae) 2006 (1) SA 144 (CC)

+Quote Post
Smiler
post Aug 29 2006, 07:52 AM
Post #8

Ooga Booga!! SMILE!

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,379

Myself and Ryn have been saying the same all the latter half of last week. Its my cousins birthday on the Saturday as well so I've been torn from day one. If anyone else is interested please stick your name down sharpish so I can make a decision pleasey please. No-one really responded to the requests to finalise accomodation before on the initial thread NOW'S THE TIME TO!

--------------------
Presently defacto leader of the scuttler nation; conform, consume, o'smile for snaffie's sake --> A smile a day keeps th...Ah sod it...just SMILE!!!Some weird dragon lady gave me a cookie and said if I got in the van she'd adopt me. I ignored mummy and went with Wyvern & lookee here, I now have my own adoptee to cause chaos: Stardust_Smile...Official barman to Tribe Wyvern COME VISIT but beware the Monkey Overlords, they plan the demise of the hairless ones. Your house is at risk. Always read the label.

+Quote Post
Mata
post Aug 30 2006, 03:16 PM
Post #9

Right, this looks like this one goes in the 'nice idea but not happening' bucket.

Arse.

--------------------
The Matazone Games blog

+Quote Post
Calantyr
post Aug 30 2006, 04:58 PM
Post #10

Perfection Personified

Member No.: 1,548

*Sniffles* I think I scared everyone away. sad.gif

--------------------
"Too often Fate,
By all abhorred,
To savage poison,
Adds the sword"
- Boethius, The Concillations of Philosophy

+Quote Post
Cath Sparrow
post Aug 31 2006, 11:12 AM
Post #11

I've been brainwashed

Member No.: 526

Sorry my life exploded in to chaos so there ended up no way I could make it. sad.gif

--------------------
How would you feel about life if Death was your older sister? You're only young once but you can stay immature indefinetly!!!!

+Quote Post
froggle-rock
post Aug 31 2006, 04:53 PM
Post #12

omno-ahhhhhhh!

Oh well. C'est la vie.

I now have a return ticket to Winchester from London for this weekend to give away, so if anyone is interested please contact me and you can have them free seeing as I've no use for them now.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Smiler
post Sep 1 2006, 08:06 AM
Post #13

Ooga Booga!! SMILE!

You should be able to get a refund on them shouldn't you?

--------------------
Presently defacto leader of the scuttler nation; conform, consume, o'smile for snaffie's sake --> A smile a day keeps th...Ah sod it...just SMILE!!!Some weird dragon lady gave me a cookie and said if I got in the van she'd adopt me. I ignored mummy and went with Wyvern & lookee here, I now have my own adoptee to cause chaos: Stardust_Smile...Official barman to Tribe Wyvern COME VISIT but beware the Monkey Overlords, they plan the demise of the hairless ones. Your house is at risk. Always read the label.

+Quote Post
Sir Psycho Sexy
post Sep 1 2006, 10:14 AM
Post #14

Technically a giant, intellectual midget.

Member No.: 197

Aww poop. Just had the second birthday in two days, Lorraine was visiting for times not previously agreed upon...so that threw a spanner in the works. Ho-hum, I probably could have made it, albeit a little late. Ho-hum. Next time.

--------------------
He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

+Quote Post
froggle-rock
post Sep 1 2006, 11:05 AM
Post #15

omno-ahhhhhhh!

QUOTE (Smiler @ Sep 1 2006, 09:06 AM) *
You should be able to get a refund on them shouldn't you?

No, Smiler. I can amend thm if I give 24 hours notice and that cost 1. They only cost 5.50 together anyways. I just thought I might as well put them up here for anyone, which reminds me; I need to put them on Freecycle.com and change my MSN nick.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mata
post Sep 2 2006, 03:46 PM
Post #16

Tonight I shall mostly be eating a chicken kebab, watching films, and drinking beer. Ah, the excitement you're missing out on!

--------------------
The Matazone Games blog

+Quote Post
Smiler
post Sep 4 2006, 01:07 PM
Post #17

Ooga Booga!! SMILE!

Had a odd one instead, went to a funky resteraunt with my cousin and ended up looking after my exceedingly drunken cousin's cousin before he passed out or worse in a bar in Clapham.

Know where I'd rather have been but the opera in the resteraunt was different and quite nice. The Next one shal not fail!!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mata
post Sep 4 2006, 05:21 PM
Post #18

I had a nice evening by myself. Sues was out of town so I watched some films that she was never going to want to watch, and generally had a very relaxing time. Company would have been more fun, but at least we had the London one.

Right, so where next? I'm figuring another London mini-meet would be easiest to organise. How about late October/early November to celebrate The Other Side being online for five years?

--------------------
The Matazone Games blog

+Quote Post
Daria
post Sep 4 2006, 06:06 PM
Post #19

Wait for the uprising

Member No.: 1,735

I know, I know, I know! You should all come to Paris, just because I am here.
Yes.
I have floor space for one.

I'm guessing this won't be a suggestion that will stand for long.
If there is a meet in October half term in England (South) then I may be able to come. This post makes me seem as though I think the whole world revolves about me.
I don't think that, I know it biggrin.gif

--------------------
We are unraveling our navels so that we may ingest the sun.

DARIA IZ GOOD ON TOAST

TOAST IZ GOOD ON DARIA

+Quote Post
LoLo
post Sep 4 2006, 07:41 PM
Post #20

Kiefer > Jason

Member No.: 51

QUOTE (Mata @ Sep 4 2006, 10:21 AM) *
Right, so where next? I'm figuring another London mini-meet would be easiest to organise. How about late October/early November to celebrate The Other Side being online for five years?

I feel like a bit of an ASW for saying, but I'm hoping there will be one sometime near the end of December/beginning of January (I'll be there Dec 28 - Jan 10) when I'm there visiting, so that I can meet some of you all. Of course that wouldn't make a difference for October/November I guess.

--------------------

Being Pimped By Aries Since 2003

+Quote Post
Mata
post Sep 5 2006, 12:02 PM
Post #21

Okay:

We are thinking about two dates, and I suspect they will both be London-based meets (mainly because they get good turn-outs, it's relatively central for many people, there are cheap coach tickets if people need them and money is a factor for a lot (if not all) of us).

Date 1: Daria, when is the Oct half term? Get us dates that you can do and we'll see if that sounds good. As an added bonus we won't talk any French to you!

Date 2: Lolomeet. How does Saturday 6th Jan 2007 grab people? Put some money aside in advance of Christmas so you can afford it!

--------------------
The Matazone Games blog

+Quote Post
LoLo
post Sep 5 2006, 03:37 PM
Post #22

Kiefer > Jason

Member No.: 51

QUOTE (Mata @ Sep 5 2006, 05:02 AM) *
Date 2: Lolomeet. How does Saturday 6th Jan 2007 grab people? Put some money aside in advance of Christmas so you can afford it!

I know there has been talk about a possible New Years Eve meet, which I do still think would be a blast, but at the same time I can see how it also could be something hard to have happen. So yeah I'm just basically saying that to throw it out there, to add into the discussion about possible times, if people are interested in having a meet while I'm there.

I'm going to look at this from a selfish point of view for a minute. I personally want to go to whatever is going to cause the least bit of conflict for other people to be able to get to. I also want to go to something that means I can meet as many of the people on here that live in the UK that I would like to meet and that would like to meet me as possible.

So yeah I think a NYE meet would be a lot of fun, but I also think just a meet sometime in general would be a lot of fun. I feel like I'm rambling now.

--------------------

Being Pimped By Aries Since 2003

+Quote Post
Daria
post Sep 5 2006, 03:45 PM
Post #23

Wait for the uprising

Member No.: 1,735

QUOTE (Mata @ Sep 5 2006, 12:02 PM) *
Okay:

We are thinking about two dates, and I suspect they will both be London-based meets (mainly because they get good turn-outs, it's relatively central for many people, there are cheap coach tickets if people need them and money is a factor for a lot (if not all) of us).

Date 1: Daria, when is the Oct half term? Get us dates that you can do and we'll see if that sounds good. As an added bonus we won't talk any French to you!

I think it is at the end of October/ start of November- so it would be Cand-able too! biggrin.gif Lack of French would be appreciated.

--------------------
We are unraveling our navels so that we may ingest the sun.

DARIA IZ GOOD ON TOAST

TOAST IZ GOOD ON DARIA

+Quote Post
Mata
post Sep 6 2006, 12:20 PM
Post #24

So that's Saturday 28th of October to Sunday 5th November?

Okay, how about Saturday 4th November in London? I'll start a new thread I think...

--------------------
The Matazone Games blog

+Quote Post
Smiler
post Sep 6 2006, 12:30 PM
Post #25

Ooga Booga!! SMILE!

I like the idea of both, I'll ask FaerieRyn for confirmation on her Oce half term dates too.

4th of Oct sounds good for DariaMeet and Sunday 31st Dec/ sat 6th Jan sounds fine for me at this tentative stage of LoloMeet.

Maybe 2 threads are in order. I think the NYE idea is great (I'll plug for that one mailnly I think) but it may cause some debate in people's availability and getting it clearly marked out and sorted early will be a help plan time.

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st October 2017 - 11:07 PM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!