IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules 
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Gah! I hate bras!, Potentially female only topic about the nightmare that is bra shopping
Faerieryn
post Sep 3 2006, 10:07 PM
Post #1

Faeries don't bite we just nibble a bit!

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 535

Ok So here goes a long needed rant.

This whole thing started at Wyvern's birthday bash when, during a rather long winded girly discussion I revealed to the group that although my bras did fit they were a tad annoying. Erin using her super duper bra fitting special powers took one look at me and pronounced that I should be wearing a 30C NOT a 32B as I currently was. So I took a trip to get myself measured. La Senza pronounced me a "34A-B cup" whic is about as useless as a chocolate Mr Teapot so I went trying on bras in debenhams. Result- a miffed phone call to Wyvern to tell her that she was right. I was indeed a 30C. Only difficulty then was getting HOLD of said bras. Now as most women are around (on average) a size 12 to 14 in dress size and the average back width in bras is a 34 you would have thought that getting hold of a 30 back would be not entirely difficult (12/14= 34, 10/12= 32 8/10= 30, logically) NO This is not in the realms of possibility unless I was willing to spend 15 + on undergarments and even then I could only get them in one or two styles that had thin silly straps and other annoyances

Anyway, I bit the bullet and bought the bras. They were expensive, frilly and after a few washes a touch uncomfortable but they did the job. Until recently.

Going to the gym and being generally more active I noticed that my bras (except my sports bras which are a 34B- Don't even go there!) were becoming a bit too tight. So I went to get myself measured again. Bearing in mind that it has been less than six months (I think!) since I last had it done I was mainly doing it just to prove to myself that my bras had shrunk, not the other way around. Nope. I've gone up to a 32 D. A D!!!!!! D's are bazongas!!! I'm a tiny person. I can't be a D!!!! Anyway I figured to myself (after a few shrieks of amazement) at least it should be easier to get bras in my size right? I mean the problem I had was with my back size. I know that 32's are easier to come by, right?

Wrong!!! It seems that 32's are easy to come by in cup sizes up to a c any bigger and you're expected to be a 34 or above.

I HATE BRA SHOPPING!!!!
It's expensive and really really frustrating. You can only go with female friends cos men are scared by the thought of lingerie shops and they NEVER have your size!!! Anyone else out there with me on this one? Anyone else hate bras???

Ok rant over now

--------------------
If life hands you a lemon make lemonade, lace it with cyanide and then pass it around. What can I say I'm a revenge type of gal!!! Ryn
Wearing a large shiny tag around neck "Uncullable Faerie"
Official S P A N G L E R and self proclaimed protector of Tribe Wyvern- OOh Sparkly!!
Proud leader of the Super Spangler Squad. Me and Stardust wil spangle your a$$!!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Phyllis
post Sep 3 2006, 11:12 PM
Post #2

Candbrush Threepwood

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 345

If it makes you feel better, a D in UK sizes is just a C in US sizes, and a C is the average cup size for a US woman. smile.gif

I hate bra shopping too. It's entirely too difficult for me to find things that aren't granny bras or just plain black. sad.gif

--------------------
I love you in a way that is mystical and eternal and illegal in 20 states.

+Quote Post
Usurper MrTeapot
post Sep 4 2006, 12:02 AM
Post #3

Samauri Teapain

Member No.: 844

I smile at the fact that you thought of me while making a bra post.

And to make it less spammy...gah. I recommend you wear a toga, Roman women didn't wear bras but still looked hot in togas.

--------------------
@>-'--,--Cath and gothictheysay are my E-Teapotettes.@>-'--,--
Jaq and believe are my adopted Tea Spoons (wherever they are :'( )
"I am just a worthless liar, I am just an imbecile, I will only complicate you, trust in me and fall aswell."
A proud Viking never stops masturbating.
Taking over Matazone Forums since 2011.

+Quote Post
That_Guy
post Sep 4 2006, 02:51 AM
Post #4

That_guy needs therapy!

Member No.: 2,523

Well, yeah. I know, from personal experience, that you might get some weird looks if you are a man in the bra department.

I don't, however, have extensive knowledge of bras, so I can't help the fact that this post is

/Spam.

--------------------
"Anarchism is the most irrational, anti-intellectual notion ever spun by the concrete-bound, context-dropping, whim-worshiping fringe of the collectivist movement, where it properly belongs."

Got lotsa Flash/ PHP skillz? Got lotsa time to kill? We need you!

+Quote Post
Witless
post Sep 4 2006, 02:58 AM
Post #5

happy.. sad.. happy

Member No.: 1,536

QUOTE (candice @ Sep 4 2006, 12:12 AM) *
If it makes you feel better, a D in UK sizes is just a C in US sizes, and a C is the average cup size for a US woman. smile.gif

You sure about that?

Bra size conversion chart

--------------------
"I'm an introvert, I think you're wonderful and I like you, but please now shush"
"Science is just organised common sense"
"All generalizations are dangerous, even this one."
"You are unique, just like everybody else."

+Quote Post
Smiler
post Sep 4 2006, 01:15 PM
Post #6

Ooga Booga!! SMILE!

Member No.: 1,379

QUOTE (Faerieryn @ Sep 3 2006, 11:07 PM) *
You can only go with female friends cos men are scared by the thought of lingerie shops and they NEVER have your size!!! Anyone else out there with me on this one? Anyone else hate bras???

I disagree mon beautiful girlyfriend! I DO NOT SHY FROM THE LADY SHOPS! I always go into La Senza etc with you tongue.gif Its...interesting... wink.gif

And while shopping for bras is as bad as shopping for anything else it is no worse. Of course mine is a different perspective being a non buyer of bras, but with my disproportionaltly shaped behind, I have difficulty buying decent trousers so I know the frustration.

Dont hate bras themselves though, long live over-the-shoulder-boulder-holders wink.gif ph34r.gif

--------------------
Presently defacto leader of the scuttler nation; conform, consume, o'smile for snaffie's sake --> A smile a day keeps th...Ah sod it...just SMILE!!!Some weird dragon lady gave me a cookie and said if I got in the van she'd adopt me. I ignored mummy and went with Wyvern & lookee here, I now have my own adoptee to cause chaos: Stardust_Smile...Official barman to Tribe Wyvern COME VISIT but beware the Monkey Overlords, they plan the demise of the hairless ones. Your house is at risk. Always read the label.

+Quote Post
Mata
post Sep 4 2006, 05:18 PM
Post #7

'Trouble Down Pit' now online!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Buying underwear for men is tricky if you're fairly active; imagine having sensitive organs in a thin layer of skin bouncing around between your legs... Okay, perhaps that's not too easy to imagine if you're female... Anyway, I tend to be quite active so prefer suppportive underwear, but the packaging is incredibly unhelpful: you're never sure if you're buying something that's going to be comfortable or not, and by the time you've tried them on there's not a lot that you can do!

Even if you do find undies that are good, the chances are that the next time you go back to the shop they will have stopped selling them and will never get that style back in, so the guess work begins all over again. Aaaargh! On the bright side, at least it's pretty easy to get the right sizes... Well, that's not necessarily true either, because if a decent style does come out then they tend to sell-out of the medium size immediately because it's so rare to find anything decent, but at least we're unlikely to find that we suddenly have melons and instead of plums biggrin.gif

I share your grief!

--------------------
Trouble Down Pit: Still updated every Monday and Friday
The Matazone Games blog
The Matazone Shop The Matazone Blog
The Matazone Corset Shop: Snobz corsets at 10% off their recommended price!

+Quote Post
Daria
post Sep 4 2006, 06:21 PM
Post #8

Wait for the uprising

Member No.: 1,735

I hate underwear shopping, mainly because I am picky about underwear. I hate lace and frills, I don't wear thongs (and so all the sets of bras and knickers HAVE to come with a thong, don't they) and I have no incentive for nice underwear as it doesn't stay on for too long (to be rather crass).

I enjoy shopping for clothes though biggrin.gif Apart from the consumer driven part of it...

--------------------
We are unraveling our navels so that we may ingest the sun.

DARIA IZ GOOD ON TOAST

TOAST IZ GOOD ON DARIA

+Quote Post
I_am_the_best
post Sep 4 2006, 09:05 PM
Post #9

Dirty Laundry

Member No.: 1,573

I love underwear shopping except for the overpricing of all bras etc. I seem to have magical boobs that can fit into all sizes of bra and since 32B seems to be a very average size, there are loads of lovely bras for one to try on. I also like wearing nice knickers, even if no one can see them, they make me feel pretty inside. smile.gif

--------------------
Emma <3 James <3
"Music is a moral law. It gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, a charm to sadness, gaiety and life to everything. It is the essence of order, and leads to all that is good, just and beautiful, of which it is the invisible, but nevertheless dazzling, passionate, and eternal form." - Plato

+Quote Post
gothictheysay
post Sep 4 2006, 11:11 PM
Post #10

living in your basement, eating your candy hearts

Member No.: 959

I thought mine had finally stopped growing at a D, but nope, I gained a little bit of weight and now it's into DD I go. And I can't go into the "plus" section - I'm a 38DD, and the plus section starts with 40. I want to go back to a D... and even at a D it's hard to find anything. Stupid big boobs don't help back pain. However, not very many straight males seem to sympathize too much with me...

--------------------
Being corrupted by candice since 2004
teal and orange is the way forward

+Quote Post
Moosh
post Sep 5 2006, 08:21 AM
Post #11

I plug directly into my computer

Member No.: 1,488

QUOTE (Mata @ Sep 4 2006, 06:18 PM) *
but the packaging is incredibly unhelpful: you're never sure if you're buying something that's going to be comfortable or not, and by the time you've tried them on there's not a lot that you can do!

Even if you do find undies that are good, the chances are that the next time you go back to the shop they will have stopped selling them and will never get that style back in, so the guess work begins all over again.

I hate that. This is why I have about 3 pairs of comfortable boxers and many pairs of uncomfortable ones.

Anyway, bras. I have been bra shopping several times (not for myself, with friends), and the main problem seems to be that the sizes bear no relation to anything, not even to each other. One of the girls I was with claimed that they "fitted perfectly" in anything 30-34 B-D, which is obviously insane.

But yeah, I have concluded that fitting bras are the one thing harder to find then trousers that fit me (28/31 if anyone knows anywhere that sells them).

--------------------
QUOTE (Peter Griffin)
Math, my dear boy, is nothing more than the lesbian sister of biology.

+Quote Post
gothictheysay
post Sep 5 2006, 05:13 PM
Post #12

living in your basement, eating your candy hearts

Member No.: 959

(28/31 if anyone knows anywhere that sells them).

Haha, that sounds like my boyfriend's size. He has trouble finding those, and then he has to go be particular about what color they are. Shopping for him must be worse than bra shopping if his mother is to be believed, hehehe.

--------------------
Being corrupted by candice since 2004
teal and orange is the way forward

+Quote Post
Phyllis
post Sep 5 2006, 05:42 PM
Post #13

Candbrush Threepwood

Member No.: 345

QUOTE (Witless @ Sep 3 2006, 07:58 PM) *
QUOTE (candice @ Sep 4 2006, 12:12 AM) *

You sure about that?

Bra size conversion chart

Yep. Based on other websites (like this one) and what American women living in the UK have told me.

--------------------
I love you in a way that is mystical and eternal and illegal in 20 states.

+Quote Post
{Gothic Angel}
post Sep 5 2006, 05:57 PM
Post #14

My direction

Member No.: 495

Okay, perhaps that's not too easy to imagine if you're female...

It wasn't until that lovely piece of graphic imagery >.< Thanks tongue.gif

I'm a B cup. A 34 B. That's a popular size. You'd think they'd make more of those to compensate, but nooo, every sodding time I try and find a new bra, they're all sold out of my size. Also I have really broad, quite muscly shoulders, so the ones I do find, don't fit properly. And are really expensive!

*jumps on the "I hate underwear shopping" bandwagon*

--------------------
Once opened consume within three days. Above post is not suitable for home freezing. Store in a cool, dry area.

+Quote Post
Cookieflair
post Sep 5 2006, 06:54 PM
Post #15

Oxymoronic Tonic

Member No.: 2,438

QUOTE (Daria @ Sep 4 2006, 07:21 PM) *
I don't wear thongs (and so all the sets of bras and knickers HAVE to come with a thong, don't they)
I enjoy shopping for clothes though biggrin.gif Apart from the consumer driven part of it...

Eurgh i know boy shorts are the best :]]

It seems whatever size you are, you can NEVER find a corresponding bra never ever.
Why, what happens to them? Where do they go?

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Tarantio
post Sep 6 2006, 02:40 AM
Post #16

NyanNyanNyan

Member No.: 191

I, for one, am all for the abolishing of underwear. We should instead come up with some way to defeat gravity, hence destroying the need for this so-called "support". biggrin.gif

--------------------
When, will I, will I be famous?

I CAN'T ANSWER THAT, I CAN'T ANSWER THAT.

-Tara and DACE sing is available from DACETRON ltd.

+Quote Post
Mata
post Sep 6 2006, 12:14 PM
Post #17

Maybe men should all be like the cavemen and learn to suck our testicles back inside our bodies? Although how that feature became known to us I really have no idea, it's not like they could ask any...

Anti-gravity fields around our bodies would be cool. No more knocked knackers and positively perky bouncing boobs. Hurrah!

--------------------
The Matazone Games blog

+Quote Post
Smiler
post Sep 6 2006, 12:36 PM
Post #18

Ooga Booga!! SMILE!

Member No.: 1,379

I seem to remember documentary about a school (or maybe a school of thought) in India in which there was a bit where all the boys were lined up and sytematically kicked in the gonads on a regualr basis so that/until they trained themselves to do just that

Bizarre and maybe not to practical... ouch!

--------------------
Presently defacto leader of the scuttler nation; conform, consume, o'smile for snaffie's sake --> A smile a day keeps th...Ah sod it...just SMILE!!!Some weird dragon lady gave me a cookie and said if I got in the van she'd adopt me. I ignored mummy and went with Wyvern & lookee here, I now have my own adoptee to cause chaos: Stardust_Smile...Official barman to Tribe Wyvern COME VISIT but beware the Monkey Overlords, they plan the demise of the hairless ones. Your house is at risk. Always read the label.

+Quote Post
Faerieryn
post Sep 6 2006, 06:15 PM
Post #19

Faeries don't bite we just nibble a bit!

Member No.: 535

I believe it is part of some sort of military training somewhere. Wouldn't help with the bra thing though.

--------------------
If life hands you a lemon make lemonade, lace it with cyanide and then pass it around. What can I say I'm a revenge type of gal!!! Ryn
Wearing a large shiny tag around neck "Uncullable Faerie"
Official S P A N G L E R and self proclaimed protector of Tribe Wyvern- OOh Sparkly!!
Proud leader of the Super Spangler Squad. Me and Stardust wil spangle your a$$!!

+Quote Post
snooodlysnoosnoo...
post Sep 6 2006, 07:02 PM
Post #20

dream to make believe

Member No.: 863

Is there a Bra Supply council or anything... someone to complain to? If there is we should all complain and get everyone else to complain because it's only the people who wear badly fitting bras who don't have problems buying them!

--------------------
Last.fm
snoo is about as evil as a muffin

+Quote Post
Tarantio
post Sep 6 2006, 07:10 PM
Post #21

NyanNyanNyan

Member No.: 191

QUOTE (Smiler @ Sep 6 2006, 01:36 PM) *
I seem to remember documentary about a school (or maybe a school of thought) in India in which there was a bit where all the boys were lined up and sytematically kicked in the gonads on a regualr basis so that/until they trained themselves to do just that

Bizarre and maybe not to practical... ouch!

It was a trick the Ninja of Feudal Japan used to reduce the... distinct vulnerability... that that region came with. These days Sumo wrestlers perfect the tactic, since their job requires quite some strain around the groinal area. I can see it being something a military would teach though. Perhaps its an entry requirement to the SAS or something?

--------------------
When, will I, will I be famous?

I CAN'T ANSWER THAT, I CAN'T ANSWER THAT.

-Tara and DACE sing is available from DACETRON ltd.

+Quote Post
Mata
post Sep 7 2006, 11:55 AM
Post #22

My friend who's going for the marines hasn't mentioned anything like that.

Ryn; you never know until you try. Keep slapping yourself on the boobs until you can suck them into your chest!

--------------------
The Matazone Games blog

+Quote Post
bryden42
post Sep 7 2006, 01:43 PM
Post #23

Flash Gordon Wannabe

Member No.: 1,984

QUOTE (Mata @ Sep 6 2006, 01:14 PM) *
Maybe men should all be like the cavemen and learn to suck our testicles back inside our bodies? Although how that feature became known to us I really have no idea, it's not like they could ask any...

Anti-gravity fields around our bodies would be cool. No more knocked knackers and positively perky bouncing boobs. Hurrah!

Strangely enough, due to an interesting quirk during puberty, I can suck my testicles back into my body. As another quirk of physique (and a warped wife) I recently discovered that i am a 44a in bra sizes I think they look quite perky smile.gif

(picture is actually from a pimps and prostitutes night at uni, I won best prostitute (i don't know wether to be proud or not)

--------------------
I like your house... can I come in!
S P A N G L E D by Faerieryn

what I do when I have too much time on my hands My Devart page

+Quote Post
Mata
post Sep 7 2006, 01:55 PM
Post #24

ohmy.gif

--------------------
The Matazone Games blog

+Quote Post
trunks_girl26
post Sep 7 2006, 02:41 PM
Post #25

o_O

Member No.: 1,229

QUOTE (candice @ Sep 3 2006, 07:12 PM) *

I hate bra shopping too. It's entirely too difficult for me to find things that aren't granny bras or just plain black. sad.gif

*agrees*

Us DDers/DDDers don't get too much in the pretty bra selection.

And the store that I normally get my bras from now only sells them with.....padding!

Now, let me ask you, wtf do I need extra padding in the boob area for? huh.gif

--------------------
The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love, and be loved in return -Moulin Rouge
"Religion is a finger pointing ot the moon, but some people confuse the finger with the moon."
Truth is subjectivity - Kierkegaard
"I don't know anything; I never knew anything, but now I know I don't know"
"The important thing isn't to know Jesus, Mohamed or Buddah, but to know what they know"

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th October 2017 - 02:37 PM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!