IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules 
9 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> London meets: 11th Nov 2006 + 6th January 2007, Dariameet and Lolomeet!
Mata
post Sep 6 2006, 12:46 PM
Post #1

'Trouble Down Pit' now online!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Hi folks,

After the Winchester meet fell through (boo hiss, but these things happen sometimes) I've decided that it might be good to have a couple in London. There are a fair number of people pretty close to it already, meaning that there are floors to be slept on if needed, and there are cheap coach fares from all over the country which further cuts on costs.

Current proposals are as follows:

4th November [now changed to 11th]: Daria is in France at the moment, but she'll be back around for a week at the end of October/start of November. Also, Cand will be back from the US by then too. There is also the small point of it being the five year anniversary of starting The Other Side, so I'd love to get a good bunch of people out for drinks somewhere, and maybe a meal beforehand if people fancy doing that. Perhaps one of the Eerie Pubs, such as The Marlborough Head near Oxford Street would be a good venue due to its central location and easy access to tube stations.

6th January 2007: Lolo, one of our lovely and glamourous mods, will be in the UK for a couple of weeks and this is probably going to be the easiest date to find a place to gather after the Christmas and new year parties. Again, London is the general location, with a similar arrangement. If you do want to do this one I strongly suggest that you put away some money in an envelope right now so you don't end up skint and pulling out at the last moment!

How do these sound to people?

--------------------
Trouble Down Pit: Still updated every Monday and Friday
The Matazone Games blog
The Matazone Shop The Matazone Blog
The Matazone Corset Shop: Snobz corsets at 10% off their recommended price!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Witless
post Sep 6 2006, 01:40 PM
Post #2

happy.. sad.. happy

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 1,536

Yay, and yay again to the 4th of Nov and the 6th of Jan.

I can do both pretty easily I'd think. There 'may' be a work clash on the 4th of november, but I should think with this level of notice, I should be good.

The 6th of January should be easy for me, and well Lolo is staying at mine so it would be a bit mean if I didn't come... _

--------------------
"I'm an introvert, I think you're wonderful and I like you, but please now shush"
"Science is just organised common sense"
"All generalizations are dangerous, even this one."
"You are unique, just like everybody else."

+Quote Post
Daria
post Sep 6 2006, 03:02 PM
Post #3

Wait for the uprising

Member No.: 1,735

If I can't do one, I can surely do the other. Hooray!

--------------------
We are unraveling our navels so that we may ingest the sun.

DARIA IZ GOOD ON TOAST

TOAST IZ GOOD ON DARIA

+Quote Post
Cath Sparrow
post Sep 6 2006, 03:47 PM
Post #4

I've been brainwashed

Member No.: 526

Well seeing as I couldn't manage the Winchester I was thinking of going to London and seeing if a few people wanted to meet up. So 4th of Nov somes as good as any to come down plus it the weekend after my B'day so I aint going to any issuse with having parties and drinking. biggrin.gif
I'll reserve comment for the moment on Jan things being as they are it's a bit far in the future for me to plan.

--------------------
How would you feel about life if Death was your older sister? You're only young once but you can stay immature indefinetly!!!!

+Quote Post
Phyllis
post Sep 6 2006, 05:25 PM
Post #5

Candbrush Threepwood

Member No.: 345

Hrm. Unlikely moop and I will be able to do the first one. It's just 3 days after I land at Gatwick. Might be able to, though. If I do go, expect to see much squealing and tears, since if snoo goes it'll be the first time I've seen her in over a year. tongue.gif

As for the second one....Lo and I have been planning (pretty much since she decided to visit...I think she made a thread at some point) on getting together with some forum friends and some RL friends at some point for a pre-wedding party thing (a la InKy at the Manchester meet, but with both moop and I there), since she'll be there. Hadn't decided anything for sure yet, though (like...location or time). London is a bit inconvenient, but if it's convenient for the most people then we can do that...provided we can bring along various RL friends. tongue.gif

--------------------
I love you in a way that is mystical and eternal and illegal in 20 states.

+Quote Post
snooodlysnoosnoo...
post Sep 6 2006, 05:58 PM
Post #6

dream to make believe

Member No.: 863

I should be able to do either or both. It depends really on how my uni timetable looks and if I've done any work, also if they decide to give us January exams or not because last time I checked they were trying to move them all to May/June. Anyway, jibbering aside, I should be able to make at least one of them!

--------------------
Last.fm
snoo is about as evil as a muffin

+Quote Post
Faerieryn
post Sep 6 2006, 06:13 PM
Post #7

Faeries don't bite we just nibble a bit!

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 535

Both sounding cool although money may be a difficulty as Matt and i will both be mortgage paying adults by then. Cath if you do come down to Nodnol you are welcome to crash at ours

--------------------
If life hands you a lemon make lemonade, lace it with cyanide and then pass it around. What can I say I'm a revenge type of gal!!! Ryn
Wearing a large shiny tag around neck "Uncullable Faerie"
Official S P A N G L E R and self proclaimed protector of Tribe Wyvern- OOh Sparkly!!
Proud leader of the Super Spangler Squad. Me and Stardust wil spangle your a$$!!

+Quote Post
Mata
post Sep 7 2006, 11:02 AM
Post #8

QUOTE (candice @ Sep 6 2006, 06:25 PM) *
Hadn't decided anything for sure yet, though (like...location or time). London is a bit inconvenient, but if it's convenient for the most people then we can do that...provided we can bring along various RL friends. tongue.gif

London does seem to be a location that gets a good amount of people along, which suggests that it is convenient enough for a fair number of people, but if there's somewhere else that suits you better then try suggesting it and we'll see what people think.

--------------------
The Matazone Games blog

+Quote Post
Phyllis
post Sep 8 2006, 02:52 PM
Post #9

Candbrush Threepwood

QUOTE (Mata @ Sep 7 2006, 04:02 AM) *
London does seem to be a location that gets a good amount of people along, which suggests that it is convenient enough for a fair number of people, but if there's somewhere else that suits you better then try suggesting it and we'll see what people think.

Oddly enough, in that span of time since I posted it became considerably less inconvenient. Where we were going to be living before would've involved about 3 changes on the train and a 3 hour journey. Now, it's a direct trip (we'll now be living in Derby...I'm 99.9% certain that's the final location unless the games companies offering moop jobs continue to one-up each other blink.gif). So London is fine.

Still probably won't make the first one, though, just because the proximity to lots and lots of plane travel is a bit much for me.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Daria
post Sep 11 2006, 03:56 PM
Post #10

Wait for the uprising

umm...

I know the first one is a Dariameet, but it may have to be minus the Daria. I got the dates of Half Term mixed up and it is actually the week before- and my family want to come see me out here so I can't come back.

Sorry sad.gif
I will definitely be coming to the January one, and perhaps a NYE one if anything is organised.

--------------------

DARIA IZ GOOD ON TOAST

TOAST IZ GOOD ON DARIA

+Quote Post
LoLo
post Sep 11 2006, 10:44 PM
Post #11

Kiefer > Jason

Member No.: 51

I guess I should actually say that I will be coming for the January meet. I'll be on vacation so whatever date works best for others works for me, I can just arrange other stuff around it. I really want to meet as many people as I can that wish to meet me as well.

--------------------

Being Pimped By Aries Since 2003

+Quote Post
Phyllis
post Sep 11 2006, 11:06 PM
Post #12

Candbrush Threepwood

Hrm. If Daria isn't able to make the first one, could we maybe talk about changing the date? The first two weekends in November won't work for us at all...how's the rest of November for everyone else?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mata
post Sep 12 2006, 06:53 AM
Post #13

Yep, that date now looks flexible. I'm good for pretty much any time in November.

'Sorry to hear we won't be seeing you this time Daria!

--------------------
The Matazone Games blog

+Quote Post
Daria
post Sep 12 2006, 09:09 PM
Post #14

Wait for the uprising

Heh, that sentence confused me for a while. I sat and stared at it. Then I figured it out.

I will deffo be at the Jan meet! Out of 5 UK meets since I have been on the forums, I think I should make more of an effort to get to one. Going to the pub with Snoo and Nov, and molesting Teapots don't count, right?

--------------------

DARIA IZ GOOD ON TOAST

TOAST IZ GOOD ON DARIA

+Quote Post
snooodlysnoosnoo...
post Sep 13 2006, 01:44 AM
Post #15

dream to make believe

Member No.: 863

I will be studenty again in November so assuming money is okay I don't have any problems with any weekend and I should be able to get the same train as Cand and Ste so no boring train journey on my billy!

--------------------
Last.fm
snoo is about as evil as a muffin

+Quote Post
Mata
post Sep 14 2006, 03:00 PM
Post #16

I'd suggest keeping things to early November, to prevent too little a gap between it and the January meet.

That leaves the 4th or the 11th. Does anyone have a strong preference?

--------------------
The Matazone Games blog

+Quote Post
Phyllis
post Sep 14 2006, 06:42 PM
Post #17

Candbrush Threepwood

We might be in London on the 10th, so I'd have to say my preference tends pretty strongly toward the 11th.

There's also the whole 16 hours of travel thing a few days before the 4th...I'm excited to see everyone again, but I'd rather not be a zombie when I do! tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
markslut
post Sep 14 2006, 07:40 PM
Post #18

Probably sees visions

Member No.: 909

4th is a bit close to Whitby - as in I get back on the 31st blink.gif

--------------------
The combined Nurse and Geisha of ISH!
IPB Image
Your Corset is Your Armour - Lace it Tightly - Breathing is Unimportant

+Quote Post
Daria
post Sep 15 2006, 03:22 PM
Post #19

Wait for the uprising

STOP THE PRESS. laugh.gif
Plans have changed and I WILL be in the UK for half term- but that is the 21st to the 29th of October. I will be staying in Londinum for a night or so for the first weekend and hopefully Frog, Witless Monty and I will be going for drinks (with a few others) on the 21st. If anyone would like to join us, you would be more than welcome.
This isn't a suggestion to move the November meet, but if people could come, it would be cool to meet you all.

--------------------

DARIA IZ GOOD ON TOAST

TOAST IZ GOOD ON DARIA

+Quote Post
Phyllis
post Sep 15 2006, 04:52 PM
Post #20

Candbrush Threepwood

I will miss out on meeting Daria by just two days? sad.gif

Well, after that much travel on my part, we'd either both find something to cry at or start quoting Wayne's World, anyway. And now she and I are plotting in IRC for moop and I to visit her in Paris at some point since I'm going to miss her visit to London...yay!

--------------------

+Quote Post
froggle-rock
post Sep 15 2006, 06:26 PM
Post #21

omno-ahhhhhhh!

Member No.: 1,174

I am available for the 4th & 11th of November and the 6th of January. I'd like a meet on the 4h or 11th of November, because I can have some early birthday drinks.

The South London Scout Centre that has a room which can bed 6 people with floor mats for a further 6, so 12 people in total. It is currently available for the 4th of November and the 6th of January (forgot to ask about the 11th of November, and won't bother him agin right now because he was quite rude and I simply cannot be arsed to talk to him again this evening). The cost is 6 per person per night. Just thought it would be an idea for cheap accommodation if we decide to have either of the meets in London.

I've told the guy we are a collection of creative students and friends who live all around the country. He was keen to impress upon me that he didn't want a rowdy lot of people, and that I should get back to him ASAP with numbers.

So, if anyone is definatly interested in staying at the scout centre for either or both dates (11 Nov/ 6 Jan) please post in this thread saying which date(s). I'll plan to phone him in a week (22nd September) and let him know how many people intend to stay.

--------------------
A society that takes itself too seriously risks bottling up its tensions and treating every example of irreverence as a threat to its existence. Humour is one of the great solvents of democracy. It permits the ambiguities and contradictions of public life to be articulated in non-violent forms. It promotes diversity. It enables a multitude of discontents to be expressed in a myriad of spontaneous ways. It is an elixir of constitutional health. J. Sachs in Laugh It Off Promotions CC v SAB International (Finance) BV t/a SabMark International (Freedom of Expression Institute as Amicus Curiae) 2006 (1) SA 144 (CC)

+Quote Post
Mata
post Sep 15 2006, 06:52 PM
Post #22

Okay, the 11th seems to be slightly more convenient for a few more people, so shall we go ahead with that date?

The 6th Jan looks to be generally good, so let's stick with that.

--------------------
The Matazone Games blog

+Quote Post
Phyllis
post Sep 15 2006, 07:02 PM
Post #23

Candbrush Threepwood

Hrrrm. moop and I might be up for doing that on the 11th of November and the 6th of January. Not the 4th of November, though, cause we won't be going to the November meet if it ends up on that day.

*edit*: That response was directed at Frog, by the way.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Greeneyes
post Sep 15 2006, 10:16 PM
Post #24

The Key of Joy is disobedience.

Member No.: 1,102

Myself and {Gothic Angel} will be living in Londinium by that point, so there should be no trouble there, work permitting.

--------------------
Waiting for a superhero intervention

+Quote Post
Faerieryn
post Sep 18 2006, 11:20 AM
Post #25

Faeries don't bite we just nibble a bit!

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 535

Well Matt and I should be fine so long as money expenditure is kept to a minimum. Actvities partaken in shouldn't be too expensive but just so as people are aware of skintness

--------------------
If life hands you a lemon make lemonade, lace it with cyanide and then pass it around. What can I say I'm a revenge type of gal!!! Ryn
Wearing a large shiny tag around neck "Uncullable Faerie"
Official S P A N G L E R and self proclaimed protector of Tribe Wyvern- OOh Sparkly!!
Proud leader of the Super Spangler Squad. Me and Stardust wil spangle your a$$!!

+Quote Post

9 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th October 2017 - 08:08 PM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!