Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Petty Complaints
LoLo
post Oct 2 2006, 02:00 PM
Post #1

Kiefer > Jason

Group: Admin
Member No.: 51

Petty complaints can sometimes be fun, but they are in a sense petty and often times people make you feel stupid for saying them, but I thought I'd start a topic where you can get these off of your chest.

I will start it off with the fact that I hate it when I get food caught up near the top of my teeth and my cheek and the only way to get it out is to use my finger to push it down to where I can swallow, but I'm in public and it's considered rude to do something like that. I'm experiencing this right at this moment, stupid bran muffin.

Another thing is when people feel the need to treat you like crap because they think you like them when in fact you don't, but they want to turn you off of them. Stupid egotistical people.

Oh yay the bran muffin can down on it's own!

--------------------

Being Pimped By Aries Since 2003
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
JimiJimi
post Oct 2 2006, 09:26 PM
Post #2

I'm afraid I'm back.

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 1,308

I get annoyed when I push the button at the traffic lights, and then someone comes up next to me and pushes the button again (despite the fact that the red light/orange 'WAIT' sign is already lit up), as if it'll make the lights change faster.

I don't know why it annoys me, it just does.

--------------------

+Quote Post
voices_in_my_hea...
post Oct 2 2006, 09:35 PM
Post #3

If my woman were a fire...

Member No.: 1,473

I hate it when you are writing or drawing in pencil/markers, and when you lift your hand up, the side of it is covered in pencil/marker marks...

(My marker makes marks...try saying that ten times fast...)

--------------------
Her dignity shone so bright like a light on a hill
and she burned for me, no other man came near her flame.
Bad country songs - the deafening twang of the rich white kid blues.
You can own the strange, but the lights and glares will not make you real.

+Quote Post
LoLo
post Oct 2 2006, 10:43 PM
Post #4

Kiefer > Jason

QUOTE (voices_in_my_head @ Oct 2 2006, 02:35 PM) *
I hate it when you are writing or drawing in pencil/markers, and when you lift your hand up, the side of it is covered in pencil/marker marks...

(My marker makes marks...try saying that ten times fast...)

I actually had that happen today in my first desing class. I got pencil all over my hands and then that got onto my face because I kept moving my hair out of my face.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phyllis
post Oct 2 2006, 11:25 PM
Post #5

Candbrush Threepwood

Member No.: 345

QUOTE (LoLo @ Oct 2 2006, 07:00 AM) *
I will start it off with the fact that I hate it when I get food caught up near the top of my teeth and my cheek and the only way to get it out is to use my finger to push it down to where I can swallow, but I'm in public and it's considered rude to do something like that. I'm experiencing this right at this moment, stupid bran muffin.

That happens to me all the time, and I cannot stand it!

I can't stand the sound of trickling water. Like those tabletop fountains...they drive me insane. Real waterfalls are fine...but I just want to throw little fountains through a window.

--------------------
I love you in a way that is mystical and eternal and illegal in 20 states.

+Quote Post
Sir Psycho Sexy
post Oct 2 2006, 11:54 PM
Post #6

Technically a giant, intellectual midget.

Member No.: 197

I hate that my mum will come into my room without knocking, and if I say something about it, she'll over react by saying something like "fine, I'll never come into your room again!".

--------------------
He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

+Quote Post
elphaba2
post Oct 3 2006, 02:04 AM
Post #7

Lord of the Keys

Member No.: 1,329

I hate it when people have some aspect or factor of their life that they feel the need to involve in every interaction they ever have. As if a discussion about lateness to class was a discussion about one speaker's skin color, for example. Drama queens.

--------------------
can I kiss your dopamine?
In a way I wonder if she's living in a magazine

+Quote Post
LoLo
post Oct 3 2006, 03:05 AM
Post #8

Kiefer > Jason

I hate when I get home from a 14 hour day at school (pretty much straight through) and my mom asks me if I heard about something that happened while I was at school, as if I have had time to watch the news.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ashbless
post Oct 3 2006, 02:06 PM
Post #9

I could have written a short novel by this point

Member No.: 1,112

On a slow day at work I see 60 people and a busy day (I work in a quiet pharmacy) can be 120. You see me once a month. Yes, I'll grant you you are probably a regular here but I've been known to have trouble with the names of casual friends.
Is it that hard to tell me who you are?
And let's not even talk about the paranoid fellow who gives you the wrong name because "they" might overhear it and then expects you'll find his file without trouble. Him, I'm getting to recognise.

--------------------
IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion, It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shaking, the shaking becomes a warning, It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. - SpeakertotheLost

+Quote Post
LoLo
post Oct 4 2006, 01:59 PM
Post #10

Kiefer > Jason

I'm apparently really complainy lately...

I hate when my mom has to go to the bathroom while I'm in the shower, and then waits to flush the toilet until it's time for me to rinse the cream rinse out of my hair, so the water pressure gets to be less, and it takes me longer to rinse it all out, and usually I don't get all of it out so I end up with dried cakey parts to my hair.

I also dislike it when I get to the bottom of a cup of coffee and get a mouthful of coffee grounds. The girl who makes coffee at the campus coffee shop seems to have a tendancy to make coffee that does that.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Faerieryn
post Oct 4 2006, 03:38 PM
Post #11

Faeries don't bite we just nibble a bit!

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 535

I really hate it when students have a go at me for not marking their coursework 30 seconds after I get it. The main reason they have to wait so long is usally because the buggers haven't actually handed it in on atime and now I have to find extra time to mark it. LIke I don't have a life?

Oh and I hate it when you get really serious letters through the post and when you phone up all migrainey and panicking they say "Oh don't worry about it, just get it to us when you can" or "That was a mistake. Ooops!" or "Ignore the letter, wehave since recieved your payment" or other such stuff. One of them cost me a day at work today

--------------------
If life hands you a lemon make lemonade, lace it with cyanide and then pass it around. What can I say I'm a revenge type of gal!!! Ryn
Wearing a large shiny tag around neck "Uncullable Faerie"
Official S P A N G L E R and self proclaimed protector of Tribe Wyvern- OOh Sparkly!!
Proud leader of the Super Spangler Squad. Me and Stardust wil spangle your a$$!!

+Quote Post
That_Guy
post Oct 8 2006, 04:25 AM
Post #12

That_guy needs therapy!

Member No.: 2,523

I hate it when people make fools of themselves. It just bothers me. I don't know why, maybe it's because earlier in my life I got shunned for doing something even remotely out-of-the-ordinary.

--------------------
"Anarchism is the most irrational, anti-intellectual notion ever spun by the concrete-bound, context-dropping, whim-worshiping fringe of the collectivist movement, where it properly belongs."

Got lotsa Flash/ PHP skillz? Got lotsa time to kill? We need you!

+Quote Post
Daria
post Oct 8 2006, 09:38 AM
Post #13

Wait for the uprising

Member No.: 1,735

The joke of "Oh! You can't eat that, it's got meat in!" gets very old, very quickly. Everyone thinks they are original by saying it, and everyone says it more than once.
It isn't funny, please don't mock my ethics just because I am not the same as you. Would you say there was pork in something if I was Muslim?

Children who stand infront of you in a queue, even though you were there first and there is even someone infront of you. Their mother joins them at the side of the queue and when the person infront of you goes next, the mother has a go at them, saying their child was there first. Obviously she has magical powers to know what went on while she was away.

People who use seats on the underground/ metro/ bus when there is someone more needy of said seat- i.e old woman.

People talking with their mouths visably full of food- it is disgusting, as it chewing gum and talking to me. If I wanted to see the contents of your mouth, I would ask.

My last petty complaint is a vague one as I know I am probably guilty of it at times- but when you are talking to someone about something and there is obviously something they wish to tell you about themselves, so they ignore all of what you have just said, even if it is a question which would involve an answer from them, and start talking about what they wish to say. It just irritates me how they don't have the manners to let you finish, or even interact with you.
I think my main annoyances are linked with manners- I guess from having them instilled into you as a child, you tend to expect others to have them.

--------------------
We are unraveling our navels so that we may ingest the sun.

DARIA IZ GOOD ON TOAST

TOAST IZ GOOD ON DARIA

+Quote Post
Random_Trout
post Oct 9 2006, 01:59 AM
Post #14

Duh nuh nuh nuh Duh nuh nuh nuh TROUTMAN!

Member No.: 371

I hate it when jaguars think they're cheetahs.

--------------------
user posted image

+Quote Post
voices_in_my_hea...
post Oct 9 2006, 02:14 AM
Post #15

QUOTE (LoLo @ Oct 4 2006, 08:59 AM) *
I also dislike it when I get to the bottom of a cup of coffee and get a mouthful of coffee grounds. The girl who makes coffee at the campus coffee shop seems to have a tendancy to make coffee that does that.

Agreed. It's the same way with mix hot chocolate or instant breakfast.

I also hate it when people tell you to do something and then get mad at you for doing it.
"Get on the computer and look this up for me."
(Two minutes later)"Christ, do you ever get off of the computer?"

--------------------

+Quote Post
{Gothic Angel}
post Oct 12 2006, 10:05 PM
Post #16

My direction

Member No.: 495

The joke of "Oh! You can't eat that, it's got meat in!" gets very old, very quickly. Everyone thinks they are original by saying it, and everyone says it more than once.

People actually do that? Jeez. That's pretty unpleasant.

I hate it when people feel the need to take the piss out of other people and ridicule them in minor ways in front of a group to the point where the victim gets wound up, then tell the victim "not to get so upset" or to "calm down", because they were "only joking". The same goes for people who tell other people to calm down when they aren't actually agitated.

"Could you put that into the condenser, please?"
"Calm down, it'll get done."
"*blank expression*"

I also find it extremely irritating when people mis-spell things frequently through laziness or out of some desire to look "cool". Ditto grammar. (God, I hope I spelled that right tongue.gif)

--------------------
Once opened consume within three days. Above post is not suitable for home freezing. Store in a cool, dry area.

+Quote Post
voices_in_my_hea...
post Oct 12 2006, 10:57 PM
Post #17

Okay, I officially have the most useless and possibly strange complaint:
Who decided that twin-wrapped little debbies was a good idea? You open the package to get one...and well, you can't just wrap the other one up, because it'll go stale and that's a waste of perfectly good food...so you eat that one too. And then you're on a sugar high for an hour or two...

I feel the need to tackle the big issues of the world. *nod*

--------------------

+Quote Post
Daria
post Oct 13 2006, 05:26 AM
Post #18

Wait for the uprising

Member No.: 1,735

QUOTE ({Gothic Angel} @ Oct 12 2006, 10:05 PM) *

They ARE only joking, but then they go very quiet when you point out that you doubt they would do the same thing if it was because of a religious belief instead of a personal moral choice.

What is a Little Debbie VIMH?

--------------------
We are unraveling our navels so that we may ingest the sun.

DARIA IZ GOOD ON TOAST

TOAST IZ GOOD ON DARIA

+Quote Post
LoLo
post Oct 13 2006, 03:03 PM
Post #19

Kiefer > Jason

QUOTE (Daria @ Oct 12 2006, 10:26 PM) *
QUOTE ({Gothic Angel} @ Oct 12 2006, 10:05 PM) *

They ARE only joking, but then they go very quiet when you point out that you doubt they would do the same thing if it was because of a religious belief instead of a personal moral choice.

What is a Little Debbie VIMH?

They are snack cakes like twinkies, which I don't know if you have over there either.

I've never heard of people joking about meat in food, that's really jerky. Perhaps it's because it's a rather common thing for people to be vegetarians over here.

My complaint, I really bugs me when I eat dried coconut and one of the pieces gets stuck in some unknown area of my mouth, only to resurface an hour later for me to almost choke on.

--------------------

+Quote Post
{Gothic Angel}
post Oct 13 2006, 04:03 PM
Post #20

My direction

Member No.: 495

All food in the world is clearly out to get humans. Turkish delight has taken to filling my lungs with icing sugar every time I eat it, and I know what you mean about the coconut, Lo.

Mind you, if my fate was to be eaten, I don't think I'd be kindly disposed towards the eater tongue.gif

--------------------
Once opened consume within three days. Above post is not suitable for home freezing. Store in a cool, dry area.

+Quote Post
Usurper MrTeapot
post Oct 13 2006, 04:41 PM
Post #21

Samauri Teapain

Member No.: 844

QUOTE (LoLo @ Oct 13 2006, 04:03 PM) *

They are snack cakes like twinkies, which I don't know if you have over there either.

Ahh, I always used to hear that being said on usa tv programs over here. Now I know what they are.

--------------------
@>-'--,--Cath and gothictheysay are my E-Teapotettes.@>-'--,--
Jaq and believe are my adopted Tea Spoons (wherever they are :'( )
"I am just a worthless liar, I am just an imbecile, I will only complicate you, trust in me and fall aswell."
A proud Viking never stops masturbating.
Taking over Matazone Forums since 2011.

+Quote Post
pgrmdave
post Oct 14 2006, 03:27 PM
Post #22

^random image of the day

Member No.: 1,604

My complaint - people who push the buttons for an elevator repeatedly, as though if they press it more, the elevator will come faster.

--------------------

+Quote Post
LoLo
post Oct 15 2006, 01:38 AM
Post #23

Kiefer > Jason

QUOTE (pgrmdave @ Oct 14 2006, 08:27 AM) *
My complaint - people who push the buttons for an elevator repeatedly, as though if they press it more, the elevator will come faster.

That one works for people at cross walks too.

--------------------

+Quote Post
I_am_the_best
post Oct 16 2006, 08:50 PM
Post #24

Dirty Laundry

Member No.: 1,573

QUOTE (LoLo @ Oct 15 2006, 02:38 AM) *
QUOTE (pgrmdave @ Oct 14 2006, 08:27 AM) *

That one works for people at cross walks too.

But it's true! Or at least it's a way to pass those whole six seconds before it changes... ph34r.gif

--------------------
Emma <3 James <3
"Music is a moral law. It gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, a charm to sadness, gaiety and life to everything. It is the essence of order, and leads to all that is good, just and beautiful, of which it is the invisible, but nevertheless dazzling, passionate, and eternal form." - Plato

+Quote Post
Stardust_Smile
post Oct 17 2006, 07:04 PM
Post #25

x.Faeries Do It Better.x

Member No.: 2,101

My complaint is probably when you buy something from vending machines, but it doesn't come out and it's just hanging in mid-air where it's got stuck.

The only way to get it to fall is by pushing the top of the vending machines as hard as you can in the hope that it will rock and your food will fall out, which is impossible if you're short or not very strong like I am. Then again if you try doing that, the teachers/staff come over and tell you to stop damaging their property.

--------------------
*~*Megsy*~*
The Ickle Adoptee of Smiler Yarr! SMILE! :D

You've Just Been SPANGLED!!!
***Ryn's leiutenant Spangler Yay!***

I'm Rad You're Rad - LETS HUG!!!
You Don't Need The Sun To Make You Shine
Her LiveJournal ~ & ~ Her Myspazz

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th October 2017 - 01:52 AM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!