IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules 

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Mystery package, do you like surprises?
Ashbless
post Nov 21 2006, 03:33 PM
Post #1

I could have written a short novel by this point

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 1,112

So flipping through the junk mail in the mail box yesterday (RL) I came across the pickup tag for a parcel. I'm not expecting a parcel and haven't entered mystery contests in a while so I'm mystified.

I'm not sure I'm liking having a surprise. I wonder if it's something I'll be charged money for or something from Dad with all the emotional baggage that comes with that. Hmm.

I've surprised other people with mystery packages. I sent my cousin a biography of an actor she likes because I saw it for cheap in a bookshoppe. A fellow bibliophile on the west coast found a box of hardcovers that needed a home after the big purge of junk that followed my last move. I'd like to hope they were pleasantly surprised. Once I myself found myself with a set of BBQ tools after an internet eggs contest. I was amused and actually held on to them in the hopes of a place with a BBQ until last year (see purge). Still, the buddy who got them had me over this summer for a burger - so it's all good.

Anyone have a story they'd like to share? Thoughts on the matter?

--------------------
IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion, It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shaking, the shaking becomes a warning, It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. - SpeakertotheLost
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Daria
post Nov 21 2006, 03:47 PM
Post #2

Wait for the uprising

Member No.: 1,735

I am a street teamer- basically unpaid promo work for record labels- which means I am always getting big packages of stickers, cds, t-shirts, badges and sometimes other promo goodies such as rubbers (both erasers and condoms), matches, balsa-wood aeroplanes, pens and postcards. I love getting post and packages- I have a feeling it is one of the main reasons why I do teaming biggrin.gif

The street team is mainly forum based, so there is a definite community feeling- a few of us went through a phase of posting things to each other. I recieved 3 llamas, a pair of WonderWoman pants, four 7" singles, a couple of CDs and a DVD. Getting surprise post is the best!

--------------------
We are unraveling our navels so that we may ingest the sun.

DARIA IZ GOOD ON TOAST

TOAST IZ GOOD ON DARIA

+Quote Post
Moosh
post Nov 21 2006, 05:57 PM
Post #3

I plug directly into my computer

Member No.: 1,488

QUOTE (Daria @ Nov 21 2006, 03:47 PM) *
I am always getting big packages of stickers, cds, t-shirts, badges and sometimes other promo goodies such as rubbers (both erasers and condoms), matches, balsa-wood aeroplanes, pens and postcards.

Which she then send to everyone else, including the package of badges, stickers, rubbers, cookies etc that I got last week. Which was awesome, 'cos I didn't know what was in it and like suprises.

--------------------
QUOTE (Peter Griffin)
Math, my dear boy, is nothing more than the lesbian sister of biology.

+Quote Post
Daria
post Nov 22 2006, 11:30 AM
Post #4

Wait for the uprising

You forgot the Chemistry A-level test papers and mark schemes biggrin.gif

--------------------

DARIA IZ GOOD ON TOAST

TOAST IZ GOOD ON DARIA

+Quote Post
Ashbless
post Nov 22 2006, 02:14 PM
Post #5

I could have written a short novel by this point

Member No.: 1,112

Box turned out to be from Dad. Christmas present and a hat/scarf combo that I can't wear. I can tell by the feel of it that it's wool. So I'll probably wind up donating it to a charity looking for warm clothing.

It's really a very nice gesture. I guess sending it back unopened, my first thought, wouldn't have been the correct response after all.

--------------------
IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion, It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shaking, the shaking becomes a warning, It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. - SpeakertotheLost

+Quote Post
LoLo
post Nov 22 2006, 04:13 PM
Post #6

Kiefer > Jason

Group: Admin
Member No.: 51

I like send surprise packages to people with things like cookies, or something they may want, but I haven't been doing that as much as I used to.

I got a surprise package from cand awhile back with a tour book and a pick for my afro wig. I knew I was going to get it, just didn't know when so that was the surprise.

--------------------

Being Pimped By Aries Since 2003

+Quote Post
snooodlysnoosnoo...
post Nov 22 2006, 04:45 PM
Post #7

dream to make believe

Member No.: 863

I love getting post but nobody ever sends me things randomly sad.gif

I have occasionally sent people cookies randomly and I would have sent Becky a bit of hemp randomly if I hadn't had to get her address first >.<

--------------------
Last.fm
snoo is about as evil as a muffin

+Quote Post
Cath Sparrow
post Nov 22 2006, 05:06 PM
Post #8

I've been brainwashed

Group: Admin
Member No.: 526

I randomly sent moop some Palma Violets cause he's wierd and likes them and I got some pack in a mixed bag I'd bought. I got his addy from cand and put an unsigned note in with them. biggrin.gif

--------------------
How would you feel about life if Death was your older sister? You're only young once but you can stay immature indefinetly!!!!

+Quote Post
Daria
post Nov 23 2006, 04:57 PM
Post #9

Wait for the uprising

QUOTE (snoo @ Nov 22 2006, 04:45 PM) *
I love getting post but nobody ever sends me things randomly sad.gif

I have occasionally sent people cookies randomly and I would have sent Becky a bit of hemp randomly if I hadn't had to get her address first >.<

"You have post this morning"

*opens letter, reads note, finds hemp, starts laughing a lot ('specialy at the dancing squirrels)*

"So.. Who's it from?"

"Snoo. She sent me hemp and dancing squirrels."

*returns to room*

biggrin.gif

--------------------

DARIA IZ GOOD ON TOAST

TOAST IZ GOOD ON DARIA

+Quote Post
I_am_the_best
post Nov 23 2006, 06:20 PM
Post #10

Dirty Laundry

Member No.: 1,573

I love sending post. It's such a great feeling. I love spending lots of money on packaging and stamps and such. Receiving post is fun, but totally not comparable to sending it.

--------------------
Emma <3 James <3
"Music is a moral law. It gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, a charm to sadness, gaiety and life to everything. It is the essence of order, and leads to all that is good, just and beautiful, of which it is the invisible, but nevertheless dazzling, passionate, and eternal form." - Plato

+Quote Post
gothictheysay
post Nov 27 2006, 11:20 AM
Post #11

living in your basement, eating your candy hearts

Member No.: 959

I got a sheep randomly from candice!! biggrin.gif I should send stuff out more - I remember when cand was in the UK on her trip and there wasn't salad dressing, so I mailed her a bunch of salad dressing along with gum for Ste.

--------------------
Being corrupted by candice since 2004
teal and orange is the way forward

+Quote Post
Kitty
post Dec 2 2006, 03:46 AM
Post #12

Professionally Unprofessional

Member No.: 580

I use to send random books to my boyfriend in Florida. And I'd ALWAYS send letters. I love letters. There's nothing better than a handwritten letter. Awh.

--------------------
Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things that escape those who dream by night

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd October 2017 - 05:22 PM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!