Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Holiday Loot
FeralPolyglot
post Dec 26 2006, 02:52 AM
Post #1

=^^= ~~

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 1,690

As the Christmahannukwanzikyule Season draws to a close, most of us find that an amount of Holiday Booty has been accrued. Would anyone like to share with the class, news of spiffy gift-age from the holidays?

{My response:}
*raises hand and anxiously squirms in seat* Ooo Ooo Ooo! I'll go first! I'll go first! I got a digital camera (Whee!); a cookbook; V for Vendetta; Superman Returns; Lord of the Rings (FotR, TT, and RotK); Clerks II Will and Grace: Season 1 (my sister gave me her Will and Grace for my Clerks II); and Seinfeld: Seasons 1&2. happy.gif

--------------------
-Cerin
=^^= ~~

What have you done today to make you feel proud?
"Be the change that you want to see in the world." -Mohandas Gandhi
"We do not inherit the land from our fathers, we borrow it from our children." -Native American Proverb
"Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Walk beside me and just be my friend." - Albert Camus
"You can't change the music of your soul." -Katherine Hepburn
"Do not try and bend the spoon. That's impossible. Instead, only try to realize the truth. (...) There is no spoon. Then you'll see that it is not the spoon that bends, it is only yourself." -The Matrix
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Izzy
post Dec 26 2006, 04:53 AM
Post #2

Germany > Spain...

Member No.: 2,184

*so wanted to start this topic*

I got a video camera!!! But I already knew that beforehand. A case for it and a bunch of film. This mini-digital camera from my aunt. Star Wars Battlefront II. New headphones^^. Breaking Benjamin - Phobia. PURPLE soccerball from my friend Sarah. A lot of weird stuff from my grandma... Including a brand new dust collecterpurse. *Starts to think my grandma really doesn't know me* Chocolate from my cousin (he gave me the headphones too). More stuff I can't remember... And a nice big cookie!

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
snooodlysnoosnoo...
post Dec 26 2006, 10:51 AM
Post #3

dream to make believe

Member No.: 863

I'm very happy with my lot this year; my parents got me stuff that wasn't on my list, didn't look like anything I was expecting and is useful and cool. I'm going to use bullet points because I've never done it before...
  • 250GB External Hard Drive
  • Penguin
  • Post Secret Book
  • LJ Subscription
  • Cafetiere Hot Mug (thermal cup with a cafetiere type filter/plunger)
  • CDs (The Album Leaf and Dashboard Confessional)
  • Chocolates
  • Money

I'm not sure that my mum was quite so happy with the present we got her - a set of saucepans, hers are probably as old me and the non-stick coating has gone crusty so it sticks an awful lot. Her initial reaction was "what will I do with the old ones" (I was expecting that and my dad is pretty sure I can recycle them) and then she was worried about putting them in the dishwasher (which she can) so I think she's coming around to the idea smile.gif
My dad, being awkward had a Christmas list with 3 things on it - 1 CD, a motorbike or a car... Ste and Cand got him the CD so I kinda didn't get him anything >.< I feel bad for it but it isn't exactly my fault.

Merry Boxing Day everyone!

--------------------
Last.fm
snoo is about as evil as a muffin

+Quote Post
Sir Psycho Sexy
post Dec 26 2006, 01:04 PM
Post #4

Technically a giant, intellectual midget.

Member No.: 197

Mostly, I got a mini-stereo thingy from my mum, which is much cooler than what I was expecting, the sound quality is reasonable, when it opens for a new CD it reminds me of thunderbird 2 AND it has a built in DAB reciever as well as a regular tuner. I also got the Lost board game...which I'm fairly sure is a watered down D&D...umm...some other stuff, clothes mostly...oh! and a pair of aviator sun glasses that match the hat I aquired from a dude dressed as Rob Zombie. Eeeexcellent.

--------------------
He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

+Quote Post
Witless
post Dec 26 2006, 02:23 PM
Post #5

happy.. sad.. happy

Member No.: 1,536

I got this for xmas O_o

--------------------
"I'm an introvert, I think you're wonderful and I like you, but please now shush"
"Science is just organised common sense"
"All generalizations are dangerous, even this one."
"You are unique, just like everybody else."

+Quote Post
Mata
post Dec 26 2006, 02:32 PM
Post #6

'Trouble Down Pit' now online!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Loads of stuff - and quite a bit more than I was expecting:
  • 'Black Widow' graphic novels by Richard Morgan (the guy who wrote 'Altered Carbon', which is one of my favourite sci-fi moives)
  • X-men 3 (I know most people have a very middling opinion of the film, but I really enjoyed it)
  • Ultraviolet (the Milla Yocovich (sp?) film, not the Channel 4 series - we watched this last night and I was pleasently surprised by it. It's by Kurt Wimmer, the same director as 'Equilibrium', and I had heard that the action sequences were superb but the plot was awful; however, the plot was quite reasonable and the action was great, so I'm really glad I took the chance and asked for this one.)
  • 'The Cyberpunk Handbook' from Mr Fuzzy and Rykan on these forums (a spoof-ish guide to Cyberpunk and cyberpunks, which is very amusing.)
  • 'District 13' (a superb French action film featuring loads of Parkour, aka free-running.)
  • A new book by the author of 'House Of Leaves' - although I can't currently remember the title, I'm looking forward to reading it.
  • 'Gears of War' for the Xbox 360 (a very generous present from Sues' parents. It's very pretty, but I suspect it's another reason that I'm going to want to spend lots of money at some point on a HD television. Dammit!)
  • A pub quiz DVD game which is surprisingly good!
  • Two more Sandman graphic novels - my collection is nearly complete!
  • My holding desposit paid on my new flat (a combined Christmas and birthday present from my parents. It's not exciting, but it's useful and means that it's a few hundred pounds that I don't have to pay them back.)
  • Yummy food cooked by Sues
As you can tell, I got a lot of cool stuff! Most of it was from Sues, who was going to be spreading most of the presents between Christmas and my birthday in February, but she decided that because I'll be 30 she should try and get me one big thing then instead so I got more for Christmas than she had initially planned. Woo hoo! Loot!

--------------------
Trouble Down Pit: Still updated every Monday and Friday
The Matazone Games blog
The Matazone Shop The Matazone Blog
The Matazone Corset Shop: Snobz corsets at 10% off their recommended price!

+Quote Post
LoLo
post Dec 26 2006, 02:57 PM
Post #7

Kiefer > Jason

Member No.: 51

I got money for my trip to England (I leave tomorrow!) and a set of evil clown stacking dolls. hehe

--------------------

Being Pimped By Aries Since 2003

+Quote Post
Mata
post Dec 26 2006, 03:01 PM
Post #8

Evil clown stacking dolls? I think that demands a photo!

--------------------
The Matazone Games blog

+Quote Post
LoLo
post Dec 26 2006, 03:14 PM
Post #9

Kiefer > Jason

Member No.: 51

QUOTE (Mata @ Dec 26 2006, 07:01 AM) *
Evil clown stacking dolls? I think that demands a photo!

According to the box (which I would take a pic of but my webcam does everything in mirror image so it would be hard to read) "Beneath his rubber nose, silly greasepaint, and wacky smile...is a heart of PURE EVIL"

I guess they're nesting dolls too, not stacking dolls...oops guess I should have read the box before posting. lol

--------------------

Being Pimped By Aries Since 2003

+Quote Post
Faerieryn
post Dec 26 2006, 03:32 PM
Post #10

Faeries don't bite we just nibble a bit!

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 535

I got lots of really lovely stuff. My hunny bought me both the DVD and the CD of "High School Musical" (sad I know but I AM a musical theatre geek) a DVD game called "Beat the Intro" which I rock at, a mug with MY NAME ON IT and a very beautifully designed tattoo designed by an exceptional animator and some beautiful jewelery designed and made by a VERY talented and gorgeous young lady (hmm- I wonder who that could be!?) chocolate, wine, my mum bought me an i-pod shuffle and some more jewelery, my dad bought me a biscuit jar complete with biscuits and my sister bought me a rubber duck radio.

Best thing I got for Christmas? Me and my hunny together all day for the first time in my new house

OOh we bought the cat a fishing rod which has since been broken by over zealous anglers but that was a lot of fun!!!!

--------------------
If life hands you a lemon make lemonade, lace it with cyanide and then pass it around. What can I say I'm a revenge type of gal!!! Ryn
Wearing a large shiny tag around neck "Uncullable Faerie"
Official S P A N G L E R and self proclaimed protector of Tribe Wyvern- OOh Sparkly!!
Proud leader of the Super Spangler Squad. Me and Stardust wil spangle your a$$!!

+Quote Post
Mata
post Dec 26 2006, 04:44 PM
Post #11

Those clowns rock!

Ryn, any photos of the tattoo yet?

Yep - I think I'm going to be demanding loads of photos smile.gif

--------------------
The Matazone Games blog

+Quote Post
Moosh
post Dec 26 2006, 05:45 PM
Post #12

I plug directly into my computer

Member No.: 1,488

The beautifully named Commodore (yes, as in the 64) eVIC musicbox.

And a few books, dvds, cds.

And a telescopic fork.

--------------------
QUOTE (Peter Griffin)
Math, my dear boy, is nothing more than the lesbian sister of biology.

+Quote Post
FeralPolyglot
post Dec 26 2006, 06:29 PM
Post #13

=^^= ~~

Member No.: 1,690

Snoo, You got a penguin? huh.gif Post Secret book?! Cool! Dashboard, nice. I've not heard of Autumn Leaf.

Lolo, The nesting matryoshka clowns of Doom are very menacing. happy.gif How big are they?
{EDIT: OMG! It's a little devil that goes on the inside!!! That's soooo cute! biggrin.gif}

CheeseMoose, A telescopic fork? huh.gif

Nice gifts, guys! :-D Anyone else?

--------------------
-Cerin
=^^= ~~

What have you done today to make you feel proud?
"Be the change that you want to see in the world." -Mohandas Gandhi
"We do not inherit the land from our fathers, we borrow it from our children." -Native American Proverb
"Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Walk beside me and just be my friend." - Albert Camus
"You can't change the music of your soul." -Katherine Hepburn
"Do not try and bend the spoon. That's impossible. Instead, only try to realize the truth. (...) There is no spoon. Then you'll see that it is not the spoon that bends, it is only yourself." -The Matrix

+Quote Post
Stardust_Smile
post Dec 26 2006, 06:38 PM
Post #14

x.Faeries Do It Better.x

Member No.: 2,101

I got lots of faerie goodies which I was ratther happy about, including these very pretty Tinkerbell PJ's. I also got a Disney CD cause I love Disney films so much (And Ryn - It has one High School Musical song on it! tongue.gif) I got quite a lot of chocolate and skittles tooo which'll make me go hyper!!! And I got the Pirates 2 DVD smile.gif

I also was given lots of WKD's but the one complaint I had was that they didn't give me a bottle opener! So I had to go and hunt for one, but that's so going on my list for next year!!! biggrin.gif

--------------------
*~*Megsy*~*
The Ickle Adoptee of Smiler Yarr! SMILE! :D

You've Just Been SPANGLED!!!
***Ryn's leiutenant Spangler Yay!***

I'm Rad You're Rad - LETS HUG!!!
You Don't Need The Sun To Make You Shine
Her LiveJournal ~ & ~ Her Myspazz

+Quote Post
Cath Sparrow
post Dec 26 2006, 07:38 PM
Post #15

I've been brainwashed

Member No.: 526

A trip to Norway Byeee! (is flying out tomorrw) tongue.gif

--------------------
How would you feel about life if Death was your older sister? You're only young once but you can stay immature indefinetly!!!!

+Quote Post
Moosh
post Dec 26 2006, 08:08 PM
Post #16

I plug directly into my computer

Member No.: 1,488

QUOTE (FeralPolyglot @ Dec 26 2006, 06:29 PM) *
CheeseMoose, A telescopic fork? huh.gif

Indeed. It begins at about the size of a normal fork, perhaps a little longer, but the handle telescopes to 26". Ideal for stealing food from other people's plates.

--------------------
QUOTE (Peter Griffin)
Math, my dear boy, is nothing more than the lesbian sister of biology.

+Quote Post
snooodlysnoosnoo...
post Dec 26 2006, 08:33 PM
Post #17

dream to make believe

QUOTE (FeralPolyglot @ Dec 26 2006, 06:29 PM) *
Snoo, You got a penguin? huh.gif Post Secret book?! Cool! Dashboard, nice. I've not heard of Autumn Leaf.

Not a real penguin sad.gif It's about life size though (well for a small penguin) and it's ceramic.

The Album Leaf are kinda chilled type stuff... it's a really good album biggrin.gif

--------------------
Last.fm

+Quote Post
Daria
post Dec 26 2006, 09:04 PM
Post #18

Wait for the uprising

Member No.: 1,735

I got:
-A mobile phone (Motorola L6- not superfantastique but pretty awesome and very thin. An upgrade from my Nokia 3210)
-A bag that has "PETERS TOURS" written on the side, and an upside down cross (i.e the symbol of the antichrist) in the corner
-Spike Milligan- Box 18 book
-Stripey black and white knee length socks
-Organic pickled gherkins and a bottle of Cava (among other things) in my stocking
-Book and clothes vouchers
-Earrings
-Magic Christian (starring Peter Sellers and Ringo Starr) DVD

Christmas was pretty awesome this year. Guilt has started to settle though, now.

Everyone liked the presents I got them, too. My mum especially- I found her a proper Butterfly top that is covered in sequins and beads. IMO it is borderline hideous/beautiful, but she seems to like it.

--------------------
We are unraveling our navels so that we may ingest the sun.

DARIA IZ GOOD ON TOAST

TOAST IZ GOOD ON DARIA

+Quote Post
elphaba2
post Dec 26 2006, 10:24 PM
Post #19

Lord of the Keys

Member No.: 1,329

I received Guitar Hero, which has taken over my fingers and brain in a way I never would have thought possible. Also, a pair of stripey pajamas, Neil Gaiman's new short story collection, a hair buzzer, Griffin and Sabine--which is fascinating-- and a coffee table book about punk music.

It was sad but not unsurprising when my little brother put down the painting I made him (based on the cover of Demon Days) and didn't look at it again after getting the Wii. I guess we all want to give a present that the recipient thinks is the best.

--------------------
can I kiss your dopamine?
In a way I wonder if she's living in a magazine

+Quote Post
I_am_the_best
post Dec 26 2006, 11:11 PM
Post #20

Dirty Laundry

Member No.: 1,573

I was given some CDs (namely Frank Sinatra, Rachmaninoff, Dire Straits and Thelonious Monk) from various relatives, my sister and stocking, many books from relatives and parents, some pyjama bottoms in my stocking, some money from relatives and also from my parents for chanukkah and finally the regulation satsuma in my stocking. It is so fun!

--------------------
Emma <3 James <3
"Music is a moral law. It gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, a charm to sadness, gaiety and life to everything. It is the essence of order, and leads to all that is good, just and beautiful, of which it is the invisible, but nevertheless dazzling, passionate, and eternal form." - Plato

+Quote Post
Izzy
post Dec 26 2006, 11:40 PM
Post #21

Germany > Spain...

Member No.: 2,184

Yay, two more items to add to the list. (We decided to return the purse)
Hand of Blood by BFMV
After Dark by SKSK

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Faerieryn
post Dec 27 2006, 03:33 PM
Post #22

Faeries don't bite we just nibble a bit!

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 535

QUOTE (Mata @ Dec 26 2006, 04:44 PM) *
Those clowns rock!

Ryn, any photos of the tattoo yet?

Yep - I think I'm going to be demanding loads of photos smile.gif

tattoo hasn't been done yet. It looks really good on the mug though

--------------------
If life hands you a lemon make lemonade, lace it with cyanide and then pass it around. What can I say I'm a revenge type of gal!!! Ryn
Wearing a large shiny tag around neck "Uncullable Faerie"
Official S P A N G L E R and self proclaimed protector of Tribe Wyvern- OOh Sparkly!!
Proud leader of the Super Spangler Squad. Me and Stardust wil spangle your a$$!!

+Quote Post
Mata
post Dec 27 2006, 04:04 PM
Post #23

Ah, I think we just had an 'eats shoots and leaves' moment smile.gif

--------------------
The Matazone Games blog

+Quote Post
Daria
post Dec 27 2006, 07:51 PM
Post #24

Wait for the uprising

Member No.: 1,735

An update to my post- every over-16-year-old in my extended family was given a Lottery Ticket for Christmas from my Aunt and Uncle.
That much money could come in useful...

--------------------
We are unraveling our navels so that we may ingest the sun.

DARIA IZ GOOD ON TOAST

TOAST IZ GOOD ON DARIA

+Quote Post
snooodlysnoosnoo...
post Dec 27 2006, 11:18 PM
Post #25

dream to make believe

I also have an ammendum to my previous post.

I received PotC II and Lyras Oxford (Phillip Pullman) yesterday, I also bought myself Broken Social Scene (self titled) from the new Fopp that opened in Cheltenham (<3 Fopp)

--------------------
Last.fm

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th October 2017 - 03:56 AM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!